|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who renews their vow to escape?
(b) Mrs. Pollifax.
(d) A Chinese prisoner.
2. Who does Mrs. Pollifax learn about in Chapter 14?
(a) A visitor.
(b) Another prisoner.
(c) Farrell's death.
(d) A prisoner's death.
3. What does Carstairs work on in order to find out where Perdido took Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell?
(a) A radio report.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A trap.
(d) Intelligence reports.
4. Who is unable to crawl due to splints?
(c) The Chinese man.
(d) Mrs. Pollifax.
5. What does Mrs. Pollifax look for during the party of Lulash and Vassovic?
(a) An escape route.
(b) A map.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Pollifax trade lipsticks for?
2. Who does the Chinese man rush toward in Chapter 19 during the escape?
3. Who steals General Hoong's gun?
4. Where does Mrs. Pollifax go when she returns to the United States?
5. Who is hit by a rock in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carstairs finally find Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell in Chapter 20?
2. Discuss the arrival of General Hoong at the party of Lulash and Vassovic.
3. Discuss the encounter between Mrs. Pollifax and Mrs. Hartshorne when Mrs. Pollifax finally returns home at the end of the novel.
4. What does Mrs. Pollifax learn from Carstairs involving Senor DeGamez in Chapter 23?
5. Discuss the plane that Mrs. Pollifax comes to find in Chapter 19.
6. What happens when the Chinese man arrives in a car he steals during his escape with Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell.
7. How do Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man distract their pursuers in Chapter 19?
8. Why does Mrs. Pollifax find the location of a missile site important?
9. How are Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man rescued?
10. Discuss the sail boat Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man steal and the teamwork they have with one another.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)