|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man abandon their cart?
(a) The edge of a cornfield.
(b) The edge of a cottonfield.
(c) A ditch.
(d) In the woods.
2. What does Mrs. Pollifax store in her cell?
(a) A gun.
(c) A blanket.
3. Who is unable to crawl due to splints?
(a) Mrs. Pollifax.
(b) The Chinese man.
4. Who does Farrell shoot during he and Mrs. Pollifax's escape?
(a) General Hoong.
5. What kind of spy does Farrell believe Adem to be?
(a) A Chinese spy.
(b) A Japanese spy.
(c) An American spy.
(d) A Russian spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man set off walking out of site of the compound, what do they believe to be walking toward?
2. Who does Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell take with them during their escape?
3. Who crashes a car into a tree?
4. What is tossed into Mrs. Pollifax's cell while she is out on her daily walk?
5. How do Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell plan to get out of their cell in order to escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Pollifax manage to get an evergreen tree?
2. Who is Halstead and whom does he recognize in Chapter 22?
3. Discuss the cave the Chinese man finds in Chapter 20 and the purpose it serves.
4. Discuss the encounter between Mrs. Pollifax and Mrs. Hartshorne when Mrs. Pollifax finally returns home at the end of the novel.
5. Discuss the deck of cards that Mrs. Pollifax remembers she still has in Chapter 23.
6. How does Mrs. Pollifax manage to get a gun?
7. What does Mrs. Pollifax learn from Carstairs involving Senor DeGamez in Chapter 23?
8. Discuss the arrival of General Hoong at the party of Lulash and Vassovic.
9. Discuss what Carstairs has Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell do when they first arrive home to the United States.
10. Discuss the escape plan of Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell in Chapter 15.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)