|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carstairs have Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell do when thy first arrive in the United States after their rescue?
(a) Record the basic facts of their capture on tape.
(b) Speak on a radio newscast about their capture.
(c) Speak to the media about their capture.
(d) Eat and sleep.
2. What do Carstairs and Mrs. Pollifax discover in the deck of cards given to Mrs. Pollifax by Senor DeGamez?
(b) A stamp.
(c) A piece of paper.
(d) A coin.
3. Who steals General Hoong's gun?
(c) Mrs. Pollifax.
4. Who does Mrs. Pollifax find talking on a radio in Chapter 16?
5. What will Farrell need in order to escape?
(b) A bandage.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A crutch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is set on fire by the Chinese man?
2. Who does Mrs. Pollifax learn about in Chapter 14?
3. Who does Mrs. Pollifax reassure that she is fine at the end of the novel?
4. What is Mrs. Pollifax allowed to do during her daily walk in Chapter 16?
5. What item does Adem tell MRs. Pollifax and Farrell to leave behind when they escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what Carstairs has Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell do when they first arrive home to the United States.
2. Discuss the sail boat Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man steal and the teamwork they have with one another.
3. How do Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man distract their pursuers in Chapter 19?
4. Discuss the note that is dropped into Mrs. Pollifax's cell while she is on her morning walk.
5. What does Mrs. Pollifax learn about Adem Nexht on her daily walk?
6. Discuss the escape plan of Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell in Chapter 15.
7. How does Mrs. Pollifax manage to get an evergreen tree?
8. Discuss the encounter between Mrs. Pollifax and Mrs. Hartshorne when Mrs. Pollifax finally returns home at the end of the novel.
9. Discuss the arrival of General Hoong at the party of Lulash and Vassovic.
10. Discuss the prisoner that Mrs. Pollifax learns of in Chapter 14.
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)