|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is seriously wounded in their attempt to steal a boat?
(c) Mrs. Pollifax.
(d) The Chinese man.
2. Where does Carstairs assume Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell must be?
3. What do Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell discover on their escape?
4. Who recognizes the Chinese man as Dr. Howell?
(a) Agent Halstead.
(b) Agent Holt.
5. What do Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man see during their escape that tells them they are near water?
(a) A military plane.
(b) A military car.
(c) A military boat.
(d) A sea plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell hide from the guards during their escape?
2. Who do Farrell and Mrs. Pollifax believe the Chinese man will do?
3. Who lives with the woman who sees Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man escaping?
4. What does Mrs. Pollifax steal from Adem?
5. What does Mrs. Pollifax refuse to do involving her escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the deck of cards that Mrs. Pollifax remembers she still has in Chapter 23.
2. What happens when Farrell tells Mrs. Pollifax to leave him behind when she escapes?
3. Discuss the reasons for Farrell's foul mood when Mrs. Pollifax returns from her daily walk in Chapter 14.
4. How does Carstairs finally find Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell in Chapter 20?
5. Discuss the escape of Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell in Chapter 17.
6. Discuss the encounter between Mrs. Pollifax and Mrs. Hartshorne when Mrs. Pollifax finally returns home at the end of the novel.
7. What does Mrs. Pollifax discover on her daily walk?
8. How are Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man rescued?
9. How does Mrs. Pollifax manage to get a gun?
10. Discuss the escape plan of Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell in Chapter 15.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)