|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Pollifax compare Mrs. Hartshorne to?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A nun.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A preacher.
2. Who does Mrs. Pollifax feel looks down upon her?
(a) Mrs. Hearth.
(b) Mrs. Hartshorne.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her daughter.
3. How is Mrs. Pollifax drugged in Chapter 5?
(a) By drinking a soda.
(b) By being given a shot.
(c) By taking a pill.
(d) By eating food.
4. What game does Mrs. Pollifax play on the airplane when not drugged?
5. After waiting for some time, where is Mrs. Pollifax taken?
(a) An interrogation room.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) A waiting lounge.
(d) A prison cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says they have a good sense about people?
2. Where is Mrs. Pollifax when she awakens in Chapter 5?
3. What happens to Mrs. Pollifax when she is in the back room at the bookstore?
4. What kind of conversation does General Perdido tell Mrs. Pollifax he had hoped for?
5. What does Carstairs send to Roger and Jane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Pollifax go to Langley, Virginia?
2. What occurs when Mrs. Pollifax wakes up after she is drugged?
3. Discuss the complaints Mrs. Pollifax has about her abduction.
4. Who are the Red Chinese?
5. Discuss the "jam" Mrs. Pollifax finds herself in in Chapter 8.
6. What happens when Mr. Mason meets Mrs. Pollifax?
7. What does Farrell inform about himself involving his job as a spy?
8. Discuss the meeting between Mrs. Pollifax and General Perdido.
9. What happens when Mrs. Pollifax is first taken to an interrogation room?
10. What happens when Carstairs begins talking about the "Mexico City fiasco" in Chapter 11?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)