|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is planning a party?
(a) General Hoong.
(b) General Perdido.
(c) Senor DeGamez.
(d) Lulash and Vassovic.
2. What is Mrs. Pollifax allowed to do during her daily walk in Chapter 16?
(b) Go outside the perimeters of the camp.
(c) Walk alone.
(d) Listen to music.
3. Who suggests scaling down a cliff in order to escape?
(c) Mrs. Pollifax.
(d) The Chinese prisoner.
4. Where do Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man believe that the river will take them if they follow it?
(a) The Adriatic Sea.
(b) The Mediterannean Sea.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) The Atlantic Ocean.
5. Who is angry that a party is being planned while they are in captivity?
(d) Mrs. Pollifax.
6. What item does Adem tell MRs. Pollifax and Farrell to leave behind when they escape?
(a) A coin.
(b) His knife.
(c) A blanket.
(d) His gun.
7. What does the Chinese man find that allows he, Mrs. Pollifax, and Farrell to aid in their escape?
(a) A tunnel.
(b) A cave.
(c) An abandoned shack.
(d) The woods.
8. Who lives with the woman who sees Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man escaping?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A man and a young boy.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her two children.
9. Who picks up Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man when they make it to the sea?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The Persephone.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The shippers.
10. Who does the Chinese man rush toward in Chapter 19 during the escape?
(a) Prison guards.
(b) A road work crew.
(c) CIA agents.
11. What is loaded in the cart that Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man find during their escape?
12. What does Mrs. Pollifax plan to wrap in her petticoat to aid in her escape?
(a) Horse hair.
(d) Lamb fleece.
13. What is Adem doing while Mrs. Pollifax steals from him?
(b) Talking on a radio.
14. What do Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell discover on their escape?
15. Who does Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell take with them during their escape?
(b) General Hoong.
(c) A Chinese prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says their family has given them up for dead?
2. Who does Mrs. Pollifax reassure that she is fine at the end of the novel?
3. What does Mrs. Pollifax drop through a prisoner's cell window?
4. Who does Farrell shoot during he and Mrs. Pollifax's escape?
5. What do Carstairs and Mrs. Pollifax discover in the deck of cards given to Mrs. Pollifax by Senor DeGamez?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)