|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is considered a seasoned traveler?
(b) Mrs. Hartshorne.
(d) Mrs. Pollifax.
2. What does Mrs. Pollifax tell Farrell is very uncomfortable and takes a great deal of energy?
(a) Climbing down a mountain.
(b) Climbing up a mountain.
(c) Riding side-saddle.
(d) Staying awake.
3. What is the name of the place Mrs. Pollifax lives in?
(a) Oxford Hotel Suites.
(b) Hemlock Apartments.
(c) King Street Townhomes.
4. Why is Mrs. Pollifax taken to the back room at the bookstore?
(a) To see a special edition book.
(b) To be given a package.
(c) To have tea.
(d) To have coffee.
5. When Mrs. Perdido is being interrogated, what does she tell herself is the only real threat to her?
(a) Cessation of life.
(b) An unhealthy life.
(c) A lack of love.
(d) A lack of communication.
6. What does Mrs. Pollifax learn is the true identity of the person she believes to be Senor DeGamez?
(a) General Malky.
(b) General Perdido.
(c) General Malcolm.
(d) General Sun.
7. Who does Farrell inform Mrs. Pollifax that he knows?
8. What item(s) of Mrs. Pollifax is being examined by Perdido's men?
(a) Her room.
(b) Her wallet.
(c) Her books.
(d) Her purse.
9. What does Farrell say that he cannot allow his captors to do?
(a) Keep him.
(b) Question him.
(c) Find him.
(d) Kill him.
10. What does Mrs. Pollifax discuss with the person running the bookstore?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A deli.
(c) A cat.
(d) A pet store.
11. What does Mrs. Pollifax ask Farrell in Chapter 9?
(a) If he knows who she is.
(b) If he knows Carstairs.
(c) If he believes the cell is bugged.
(d) If he knows their location.
12. After waiting for some time, where is Mrs. Pollifax taken?
(a) An interrogation room.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) A prison cell.
(d) A waiting lounge.
13. Who's body is found in Chapter 6?
(c) Senor DeGamez.
14. Who plans to make a run for it when taken from their cell?
(b) A Chinese prisoner.
(c) A Russian prisoner.
(d) Mrs. Pollifax.
15. Where are Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell left alone together when arriving at their destination?
(a) A police station.
(b) A prison cell.
(c) A waiting lounge.
(d) An interrogation room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who yells at Mrs. Pollifax and tells her to go back to her cell?
2. Who collapses in Chapter 5?
3. What does Mrs. Pollifax admit to Farrell in Chapter 9?
4. What does Farrell see out of the window of the airplane during its descent?
5. What kind of conversation does General Perdido tell Mrs. Pollifax he had hoped for?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)