|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Pollifax feel looks down upon her?
(a) Her son.
(b) Mrs. Hearth.
(c) Mrs. Hartshorne.
(d) Her daughter.
2. How is Mrs. Pollifax drugged in Chapter 5?
(a) By being given a shot.
(b) By eating food.
(c) By taking a pill.
(d) By drinking a soda.
3. What happens to Mrs. Pollifax when she is in the back room at the bookstore?
(a) She is given a package.
(b) She starts humming a song.
(c) She gets in trouble by Carstairs.
(d) She is drugged.
4. What does Farrell say he will have to do before he can be questioned?
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Come up with a fake story to tell.
5. What does Carstairs send to Roger and Jane?
(a) A letter.
(b) A postcard.
(d) A telegram.
6. What does Mrs. Pollifax ask Farrell in Chapter 9?
(a) If he knows their location.
(b) If he knows who she is.
(c) If he knows Carstairs.
(d) If he believes the cell is bugged.
7. What does Vassovic grant Mrs. Pollifax access to?
(a) A gun.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A pen knife.
(d) A bomb.
8. What does Mrs. Pollifax give examples of involving something she lacks?
(a) Loving actions.
(b) Sensible actions.
(c) Courageous acts.
(d) Spontaeous acts.
9. What does Mrs. Pollifax ask for before returning to her cell?
(a) A blanket.
(b) An aspirin.
(c) A book.
(d) A phone call.
10. What does Farrell see out of the window of the airplane during its descent?
(a) The beach.
(b) A sandy terrain.
(d) A jungle.
11. Who is introduced to Mrs. Pollifax during her interrogation?
(a) General Sun.
(b) General Malky.
(c) General Hoong.
(d) General Malcolm.
12. Where is Mrs. Pollifax supposed to go while in Mexico City?
(a) Pita Chips.
(b) Books at Mexico City.
(c) The Parrot Bookstore.
(d) The Iron Grill.
13. Who does Farrell inform Mrs. Pollifax that he knows?
14. Where does Mrs. Pollifax go with her letter of introduction?
(a) The White House.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The CIA.
(d) Her church.
15. What does Mrs. Pollifax see in the backroom of the bookstore that causes her to become worried?
(a) A broken television set.
(b) An empty bird cage.
(c) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Pollifax tied to when she awakens in Chapter 5?
2. What ailment does Mrs. Pollifax inform a guard of when arriving at their destination?
3. What is the name of the place Mrs. Pollifax lives in?
4. What is Carstairs looking for in order to help him in Mexico City?
5. What is another name for communists?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)