Chapters 1 through 7
• Mrs. Emily Pollifax is introduced.
• Mrs. Pollifax is at her doctor's office discussing her depression.
• Mrs. Pollifax admits to her doctor that she always wanted to be a spy.
• Mrs. Pollifax's doctor does not encourage her to be a spy, but tells her to find something she enjoys and pursue it.
• Mrs. Pollifax realizes she has never been a "sensible person" and does not want to live the life of a sensible person.
• Mrs. Grave Hartshorne is introduced.
• Mrs. Pollifax feels that Mrs. Hartshorne looks down on her; she compares her to a teacher that is always disappointed.
• Mrs. Pollifax decides to travel to Langley, Virginia to get a letter of introduction from her congressman.
• Mrs. Pollifax takes the letter of introdcution to the CIA and tells Jasper Mason that she wants to be a spy; he refuses her.
• Carstairs is introduced; he is an official...
This section contains 1,703 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)