|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drink did Lynch give to Sweeney after telling him the story of the man killed by the falling car?
2. What was Kevorkian's training in?
(b) General practice.
3. What TV show did Mary Jackson appear in?
(a) Eight is Enough.
(b) The Waltons.
(c) Little House on the Prairie.
4. Before Kevorkian, how many attempted suicides were women?
(a) Three out of five.
(b) Nine out of ten.
(c) Seven out of ten.
(d) Five out of six.
5. What singing group did Lynch desire to emulate?
(a) The Who.
(b) The Everly Brothers.
(c) The Rolling Stones.
(d) Simon and Garfunkel.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Lynch's mother die?
2. Approximately how many suicides had Kevorkian assisted in by the end of 1996?
3. What sport did Lynch mention watching with loved ones in bad weather?
4. What are people not allowed to do at the trestle known as the Arch?
5. Where did Lynch meet Sweeney?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do people feel the need to memorialize the dead?
2. How did Lynch feel about the prospect of his loved ones feeling guilt at his funeral?
3. Why have more and more Americans opted for cremation, according to Lynch?
4. What did Lynch see as the advantage of being at the midpoint of one's life?
5. How do Lynch and his wife differ in their views of Milford as they walk through town in Chapter 7?
6. What perspective did Lynch reach on the night his mother was buried?
7. Why did Lynch suggest February as a good month for his death and burial?
8. How did Lynch react to the body of the young man who shot himself in Chapter 9?
9. Why did Janet Adkins ask Jack Kevorkian to assist in her suicide?
10. What did Lynch want from his funeral, when all was said and done?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)