|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month would Lynch prefer to die?
2. How many bridges once crossed the town's river?
3. What "coupons" did Lynch give to his family in "The Tract"?
(a) Coupons to either disregard or approve of his wishes.
(b) Coupons to disapprove of any aspect of his wishes.
(c) Copuons to approve all of his wishes.
(d) Coupons to develop their own plans.
4. In Lynch's analogy of life as a trip across America, at what point do you meet a girl?
(b) The Poconos.
(c) The Appalachians.
5. Where was Reader when he died?
(a) In bed.
(b) In his easy chair.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what German city did Sweeney study?
2. At what age did Lynch's mother die?
3. What seafood dish did Lynch refer to at the end of Chapter 8?
4. What TV show did Mary Jackson appear in?
5. What was Reader's favorite holiday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lynch see as the advantage of being at the midpoint of one's life?
2. What did Lynch want from his funeral, when all was said and done?
3. What kind of music did Lynch want at his funeral?
4. How did the funeral processions through town change when the Oak Grove bridge collapsed?
5. Why did Lynch suggest February as a good month for his death and burial?
6. How did Lynch feel about the prospect of his loved ones feeling guilt at his funeral?
7. Why did authors such as Jessica Mitford attack the funeral industry?
8. How did Lynch react to the body of the young man who shot himself in Chapter 9?
9. How does Lynch view a world in which certain deaths are acceptable (abortion, war, capital punishment)?
10. How do Lynch and his wife differ in their views of Milford as they walk through town in Chapter 7?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)