|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What TV show did Mary Jackson appear in?
(b) The Waltons.
(c) Eight is Enough.
(d) Little House on the Prairie.
2. How much did the mahogany casket cost?
3. What medical topic did Sweeney broach when eating rainbow trout?
(c) Heart surgery.
(d) Urinary tract infections.
4. In what year did John Hillenbrand purchase the Batesville Coffin Company?
5. What did Lynch want his family to toss on top of his casket?
(a) A gray scarf.
(b) Gray gloves.
(c) His favorite hat.
(d) His glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink did Lynch give to Sweeney after telling him the story of the man killed by the falling car?
2. When was the Oak Grove Bridge declared unsafe for vehicular traffic?
3. To what society club did Lynch belong?
4. Approximately how many caskets can someone choose from at the Lynch funeral home?
5. In what Irish county was Sweeney born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lynch react to the body of the young man who shot himself in Chapter 9?
2. Why did authors such as Jessica Mitford attack the funeral industry?
3. How does Sweeney approach the consuming of food delicacies?
4. How does Lynch describe people's different approaches to living life at the end of Chapter 8 and which approach did Sweeney take?
5. Why have more and more Americans opted for cremation, according to Lynch?
6. Describe Lynch's grandmothers.
7. Why do people feel the need to memorialize the dead?
8. Describe Matthew Sweeney's personality.
9. What statement does a casket, versus a simple coffin, make?
10. What did Lynch see as the advantage of being at the midpoint of one's life?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)