|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what did the cuckolded husband kill himself in Chapter 10?
(a) A chainsaw.
(b) An electric carving knife.
(c) A butcher knife.
(d) An electric can opener.
2. What was the look on the face of the man killed by the falling car?
3. In what year did Jack Kevorkian assist in his first suicide?
4. What rock group did Lynch allude to in Chapter 7?
(c) Sonic Youth.
(d) Green Day.
5. What magazines did Lynch find on the wife's side of the bed?
(a) Women's Days.
(d) Family Circles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many trials did Kevorkian face and successfully avoid conviction in Oakland County?
2. What sport did Lynch mention watching with loved ones in bad weather?
3. In what Irish county was Sweeney born?
4. How long was the old-fashioned mourning period?
5. When were the first sealed caskets made?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Janet Adkins ask Jack Kevorkian to assist in her suicide?
2. Describe Lynch's grandmothers.
3. Why do people feel the need to memorialize the dead?
4. What kind of music did Lynch want at his funeral?
5. How did Lynch feel about the prospect of his loved ones feeling guilt at his funeral?
6. What perspective did Lynch reach on the night his mother was buried?
7. What statement does a casket, versus a simple coffin, make?
8. What characteristic of "successful" suicides did Lynch say he admired?
9. What lesson did Lynch want to teach Sweeney with his story of the man killed by the falling vehicle at the scrap metal yard?
10. Why have more and more Americans opted for cremation, according to Lynch?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)