|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "coupons" did Lynch give to his family in "The Tract"?
(a) Copuons to approve all of his wishes.
(b) Coupons to develop their own plans.
(c) Coupons to either disregard or approve of his wishes.
(d) Coupons to disapprove of any aspect of his wishes.
2. Approximately how many suicides had Kevorkian assisted in by the end of 1996?
3. What TV show did Mary Jackson appear in?
(a) Little House on the Prairie.
(b) Eight is Enough.
(c) The Waltons.
4. In Lynch's analogy of life as a trip across America, at what point do you meet a girl?
(b) The Appalachians.
(c) The Poconos.
5. How much did the mahogany casket cost?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many assisted suicides are cremated?
2. Before Kevorkian, how many "successful" suicides were men?
3. Approximately what percentage of Americans move at any given time?
4. What was the cause of death in the case of the young man Lynch tended to in "All Hallows' Eve"?
5. What kind of food was served at The Red Fort?
Short Essay Questions
1. What characteristic of "successful" suicides did Lynch say he admired?
2. How does Lynch view the current state of debate over abortion?
3. How does Lynch describe people's different approaches to living life at the end of Chapter 8 and which approach did Sweeney take?
4. What perspective did Lynch reach on the night his mother was buried?
5. How did Lynch feel about the prospect of his loved ones feeling guilt at his funeral?
6. Describe Lynch's grandmothers.
7. How does Sweeney approach the consuming of food delicacies?
8. Why did authors such as Jessica Mitford attack the funeral industry?
9. What statement does a casket, versus a simple coffin, make?
10. Why do people feel the need to memorialize the dead?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)