|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lynch meet Sweeney?
(d) New York.
2. What drink did Lynch give to Sweeney after telling him the story of the man killed by the falling car?
3. How many days was Reader waked?
(b) He wasn't waked.
4. Approximately how many caskets can someone choose from at the Lynch funeral home?
5. If he was cremated, where did Reader want his ashes scattered?
(a) Over the Grand Canyon.
(b) Over the town from a hot air balloon.
(c) Over a golf course.
(d) Over the Atlantic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What TV show did Mary Jackson appear in?
2. What distinguishes coffins from caskets?
3. In what month would Lynch prefer to die?
4. What did Lynch suggest as music for his funeral?
5. In what state did someone reach the midpoint of their lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lynch view the current state of debate over abortion?
2. Why did authors such as Jessica Mitford attack the funeral industry?
3. How did the funeral processions through town change when the Oak Grove bridge collapsed?
4. Why did Lynch suggest February as a good month for his death and burial?
5. What perspective did Lynch reach on the night his mother was buried?
6. What did Lynch see as the advantage of being at the midpoint of one's life?
7. How do most people view undertakers, according to Lynch?
8. What lesson did Lynch want to teach Sweeney with his story of the man killed by the falling vehicle at the scrap metal yard?
9. What characteristic of "successful" suicides did Lynch say he admired?
10. What did Lynch want from his funeral, when all was said and done?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)