|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the cause of death in the case of the young man Lynch tended to in "All Hallows' Eve"?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Suicide by shotgun.
(c) Suicide by rifle.
(d) Motorcycle accident.
2. What did Reader want done with his body after death?
(a) He wanted to be buried in a simple shroud.
(b) He wanted it donated to medical training.
(c) He wanted to be cremated.
(d) He wanted to be buried in a simple cardboard box.
3. How many bridges once crossed the town's river?
4. To what society club did Lynch belong?
(b) West Side Social Club.
5. In what year did John Hillenbrand purchase the Batesville Coffin Company?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lynch feel his midpoint had arrived?
2. What sport did Lynch mention watching with loved ones in bad weather?
3. What did Lynch not want at his funeral?
4. When was the Oak Grove Bridge declared unsafe for vehicular traffic?
5. What are people not allowed to do at the trestle known as the Arch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lynch mean when he said that "in even the best of caskets, it never all fits"?
2. How does Lynch view the current state of debate over abortion?
3. Why did Lynch suggest February as a good month for his death and burial?
4. Describe Lynch's grandmothers.
5. How did the funeral processions through town change when the Oak Grove bridge collapsed?
6. What statement does a casket, versus a simple coffin, make?
7. Why have more and more Americans opted for cremation, according to Lynch?
8. How does Lynch describe people's different approaches to living life at the end of Chapter 8 and which approach did Sweeney take?
9. How did Lynch react to the body of the young man who shot himself in Chapter 9?
10. What lesson did Lynch want to teach Sweeney with his story of the man killed by the falling vehicle at the scrap metal yard?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)