|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month would Lynch prefer to die?
2. If he is cremated, what does Lynch want done with the ashes?
(a) Scattered over town.
(c) Kept in his family's home.
(d) Kept in the funeral parlor.
3. What TV show did Mary Jackson appear in?
(a) Little House on the Prairie.
(b) The Waltons.
(d) Eight is Enough.
4. What did Lynch sarcastically mention as a "tidy" type of assisted suicide?
(b) Shooting range.
(c) Jumping off a building.
5. How many days was Reader waked?
(d) He wasn't waked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately what percentage of Americans move at any given time?
2. In what Irish county was Sweeney born?
3. What was Kevorkian's training in?
4. Before Kevorkian, how many "successful" suicides were men?
5. What magazines did Lynch find on the wife's side of the bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Matthew Sweeney's personality.
2. Why did Janet Adkins ask Jack Kevorkian to assist in her suicide?
3. How do most people view undertakers, according to Lynch?
4. How did Lynch feel about the prospect of his loved ones feeling guilt at his funeral?
5. How does Lynch view a world in which certain deaths are acceptable (abortion, war, capital punishment)?
6. How does Lynch describe people's different approaches to living life at the end of Chapter 8 and which approach did Sweeney take?
7. What perspective did Lynch reach on the night his mother was buried?
8. What lesson did Lynch want to teach Sweeney with his story of the man killed by the falling vehicle at the scrap metal yard?
9. What did Lynch mean when he said that "in even the best of caskets, it never all fits"?
10. Why do people feel the need to memorialize the dead?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)