|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car crushed a worker at a scrap metal yard in Lynch's story?
(a) 1967 Jeep.
(b) 1970 Camaro.
(c) 1967 Mustang.
(d) 1975 Mustang.
2. Approximately how many caskets can someone choose from at the Lynch funeral home?
3. When was the Oak Grove Bridge declared unsafe for vehicular traffic?
(a) Late 1960s.
(b) Late 1970s.
(c) Mid 1970s.
(d) Early 1970s.
4. When is the Milford Memories festival held?
5. Approximately how many suicides had Kevorkian assisted in by the end of 1996?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lynch feel his midpoint had arrived?
2. How much did the simple cardboard box cost?
3. In Lynch's analogy of life as a trip across America, at what point do you meet a girl?
4. When were the first sealed caskets made?
5. How many bridges once crossed the town's river?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sweeney approach the consuming of food delicacies?
2. How did Lynch react to the body of the young man who shot himself in Chapter 9?
3. How did the funeral processions through town change when the Oak Grove bridge collapsed?
4. Why have more and more Americans opted for cremation, according to Lynch?
5. What did Lynch want from his funeral, when all was said and done?
6. What perspective did Lynch reach on the night his mother was buried?
7. How did Lynch feel about the prospect of his loved ones feeling guilt at his funeral?
8. What did Lynch mean when he said that "in even the best of caskets, it never all fits"?
9. What did Lynch see as the advantage of being at the midpoint of one's life?
10. How does Lynch describe people's different approaches to living life at the end of Chapter 8 and which approach did Sweeney take?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)