|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food was served at The Red Fort?
2. Before Kevorkian, how many attempted suicides were women?
(a) Five out of six.
(b) Three out of five.
(c) Nine out of ten.
(d) Seven out of ten.
3. What medical topic did Sweeney broach when eating rainbow trout?
(a) Urinary tract infections.
(d) Heart surgery.
4. How long was the old-fashioned mourning period?
(a) Two years.
(b) As long as the grieved needed it to be.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
5. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tract"?
(a) William Butler Yeats.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) William Carols Williams.
(d) Robert Frost.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the Milford Memories festival held?
2. What TV show did Mary Jackson appear in?
3. What seafood dish did Lynch refer to at the end of Chapter 8?
4. How much did the mahogany casket cost?
5. What did Lynch not want at his funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lesson did Lynch want to teach Sweeney with his story of the man killed by the falling vehicle at the scrap metal yard?
2. Why have more and more Americans opted for cremation, according to Lynch?
3. How did Lynch feel about the prospect of his loved ones feeling guilt at his funeral?
4. Describe Matthew Sweeney's personality.
5. What characteristic of "successful" suicides did Lynch say he admired?
6. Why did Lynch suggest February as a good month for his death and burial?
7. How does Lynch describe people's different approaches to living life at the end of Chapter 8 and which approach did Sweeney take?
8. How did Lynch react to the body of the young man who shot himself in Chapter 9?
9. How do most people view undertakers, according to Lynch?
10. What did Lynch see as the advantage of being at the midpoint of one's life?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)