|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What TV show did Mary Jackson appear in?
(a) Eight is Enough.
(b) Little House on the Prairie.
(d) The Waltons.
2. What medical topic did Sweeney broach when eating rainbow trout?
(b) Heart surgery.
(c) Urinary tract infections.
3. In what year did John Hillenbrand purchase the Batesville Coffin Company?
4. To what animal did Lynch allude in making his analogy about living at the midpoint?
(a) Monarch butterflies.
(d) California condors.
5. What was the look on the face of the man killed by the falling car?
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Kevorkian, how many "successful" suicides were men?
2. How long was the old-fashioned mourning period?
3. In Lynch's analogy of life as a trip across America, at what point do you meet a girl?
4. What "coupons" did Lynch give to his family in "The Tract"?
5. How much did the mahogany casket cost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of music did Lynch want at his funeral?
2. Describe Matthew Sweeney's personality.
3. How does Lynch view a world in which certain deaths are acceptable (abortion, war, capital punishment)?
4. How did the funeral processions through town change when the Oak Grove bridge collapsed?
5. Why have more and more Americans opted for cremation, according to Lynch?
6. How do Lynch and his wife differ in their views of Milford as they walk through town in Chapter 7?
7. Describe Lynch's grandmothers.
8. What lesson did Lynch want to teach Sweeney with his story of the man killed by the falling vehicle at the scrap metal yard?
9. Why do people feel the need to memorialize the dead?
10. What characteristic of "successful" suicides did Lynch say he admired?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)