|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If he was cremated, where did Reader want his ashes scattered?
(a) Over the Grand Canyon.
(b) Over the Atlantic.
(c) Over the town from a hot air balloon.
(d) Over a golf course.
2. What age was Lynch at that time?
3. What are people not allowed to do at the trestle known as the Arch?
4. Approximately how many suicides had Kevorkian assisted in by the end of 1996?
5. What did Lynch want his loved ones to do at the graveside?
(a) Skip the graveside service.
(b) Stay until the body is lowered into the ground.
(c) Leave as soon as the service is over.
(d) Bury the body themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food was served at The Red Fort?
2. Approximately how many caskets can someone choose from at the Lynch funeral home?
3. How much did the simple cardboard box cost?
4. What did Lynch suggest as music for his funeral?
5. In Lynch's analogy of life as a trip across America, at what point do you meet a girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What characteristic of "successful" suicides did Lynch say he admired?
2. How does Lynch describe people's different approaches to living life at the end of Chapter 8 and which approach did Sweeney take?
3. What lesson did Lynch want to teach Sweeney with his story of the man killed by the falling vehicle at the scrap metal yard?
4. Why have more and more Americans opted for cremation, according to Lynch?
5. Why did Lynch suggest February as a good month for his death and burial?
6. How did Lynch react to the body of the young man who shot himself in Chapter 9?
7. What did Lynch want from his funeral, when all was said and done?
8. Why do people feel the need to memorialize the dead?
9. How did Lynch feel about the prospect of his loved ones feeling guilt at his funeral?
10. What did Lynch mean when he said that "in even the best of caskets, it never all fits"?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)