|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the river that divides Milford in half?
2. What are people not allowed to do at the trestle known as the Arch?
3. In what month would Lynch prefer to die?
4. To what Irish hero did Lynch compare Russ Reader?
(c) Wolfe Tone.
(d) Finn McCool.
5. What singing group did Lynch desire to emulate?
(a) Simon and Garfunkel.
(b) The Who.
(c) The Rolling Stones.
(d) The Everly Brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many suicides had Kevorkian assisted in by the end of 1996?
2. What TV show did Mary Jackson appear in?
3. Approximately what percentage of Americans move at any given time?
4. How many days was Reader waked?
5. What American writer referred to the "imp of the perverse"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lynch react to the body of the young man who shot himself in Chapter 9?
2. How does Lynch view a world in which certain deaths are acceptable (abortion, war, capital punishment)?
3. What did Lynch mean when he said that "in even the best of caskets, it never all fits"?
4. Describe Lynch's grandmothers.
5. Why did authors such as Jessica Mitford attack the funeral industry?
6. How did the funeral processions through town change when the Oak Grove bridge collapsed?
7. How did Lynch feel about the prospect of his loved ones feeling guilt at his funeral?
8. What did Lynch want from his funeral, when all was said and done?
9. How does Lynch view the current state of debate over abortion?
10. What characteristic of "successful" suicides did Lynch say he admired?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)