|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Reader's favorite holiday?
(b) Fourth of July.
2. What was the cause of death in the case of the young man Lynch tended to in "All Hallows' Eve"?
(a) Motorcycle accident.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Suicide by shotgun.
(d) Suicide by rifle.
3. What did Lynch sarcastically mention as a "tidy" type of assisted suicide?
(a) Shooting range.
(c) Jumping off a building.
4. With what did the cuckolded husband kill himself in Chapter 10?
(a) An electric can opener.
(b) A butcher knife.
(c) An electric carving knife.
(d) A chainsaw.
5. To what society club did Lynch belong?
(b) West Side Social Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decade of life did most of the Lynch men die?
2. What did Kevorkian's attorney suggest for the doctor?
3. In what state did someone reach the midpoint of their lives?
4. How had the men in Lynch's family died for the most part?
5. What did Lynch not want at his funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Matthew Sweeney's personality.
2. What did Lynch see as the advantage of being at the midpoint of one's life?
3. How did Lynch feel about the prospect of his loved ones feeling guilt at his funeral?
4. Why do people feel the need to memorialize the dead?
5. What characteristic of "successful" suicides did Lynch say he admired?
6. Why did Janet Adkins ask Jack Kevorkian to assist in her suicide?
7. Why did authors such as Jessica Mitford attack the funeral industry?
8. How does Lynch describe people's different approaches to living life at the end of Chapter 8 and which approach did Sweeney take?
9. What did Lynch want from his funeral, when all was said and done?
10. What lesson did Lynch want to teach Sweeney with his story of the man killed by the falling vehicle at the scrap metal yard?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)