|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately what percentage of Americans move at any given time?
2. What American writer referred to the "imp of the perverse"?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Herman Melville.
(d) H.P. Lovecraft.
3. What did Kevorkian's attorney suggest for the doctor?
(a) A political career.
(b) A Nobel Prize.
(c) A position as Surgeon General.
(d) A Medal of Honor.
4. What did Lynch suggest as music for his funeral?
(b) Pipers and tinwhistlers.
5. Approximately how many people live "in the town"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state did someone reach the midpoint of their lives?
2. In what German city did Sweeney study?
3. When was the Oak Grove Bridge declared unsafe for vehicular traffic?
4. What was Kevorkian's training in?
5. What are people not allowed to do at the trestle known as the Arch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lynch mean when he said that "in even the best of caskets, it never all fits"?
2. What statement does a casket, versus a simple coffin, make?
3. Describe Matthew Sweeney's personality.
4. What perspective did Lynch reach on the night his mother was buried?
5. What did Lynch see as the advantage of being at the midpoint of one's life?
6. How does Lynch view a world in which certain deaths are acceptable (abortion, war, capital punishment)?
7. Why did Janet Adkins ask Jack Kevorkian to assist in her suicide?
8. How did Lynch feel about the prospect of his loved ones feeling guilt at his funeral?
9. Why have more and more Americans opted for cremation, according to Lynch?
10. How do most people view undertakers, according to Lynch?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)