|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what decade of life did most of the Lynch men die?
2. Before Kevorkian, how many attempted suicides were women?
(a) Three out of five.
(b) Five out of six.
(c) Seven out of ten.
(d) Nine out of ten.
3. What was the first name of the girl Lynch met and fell in love with?
4. To what animal did Lynch allude in making his analogy about living at the midpoint?
(a) California condors.
(b) Monarch butterflies.
5. If he was cremated, where did Reader want his ashes scattered?
(a) Over the Grand Canyon.
(b) Over a golf course.
(c) Over the Atlantic.
(d) Over the town from a hot air balloon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many assisted suicides are cremated?
2. How long was the old-fashioned mourning period?
3. What was the cause of death in the case of the young man Lynch tended to in "All Hallows' Eve"?
4. In what Irish county was Sweeney born?
5. What American writer referred to the "imp of the perverse"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lynch feel about the prospect of his loved ones feeling guilt at his funeral?
2. Why did Lynch suggest February as a good month for his death and burial?
3. What did Lynch see as the advantage of being at the midpoint of one's life?
4. How did the funeral processions through town change when the Oak Grove bridge collapsed?
5. What did Lynch mean when he said that "in even the best of caskets, it never all fits"?
6. How does Sweeney approach the consuming of food delicacies?
7. Why did Janet Adkins ask Jack Kevorkian to assist in her suicide?
8. How does Lynch view the current state of debate over abortion?
9. How did Lynch react to the body of the young man who shot himself in Chapter 9?
10. What kind of music did Lynch want at his funeral?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)