|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food was served at The Red Fort?
2. What did Kevorkian's attorney suggest for the doctor?
(a) A position as Surgeon General.
(b) A Medal of Honor.
(c) A Nobel Prize.
(d) A political career.
3. What was the first name of the girl Lynch met and fell in love with?
4. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tract"?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) William Carols Williams.
(c) Walt Whitman.
(d) William Butler Yeats.
5. At what age did Lynch's mother die?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the mahogany casket cost?
2. In what German city did Sweeney study?
3. In what Irish county was Sweeney born?
4. What kind of car did the two teachers commit suicide in?
5. When is the Milford Memories festival held?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lynch describe people's different approaches to living life at the end of Chapter 8 and which approach did Sweeney take?
2. How does Lynch view a world in which certain deaths are acceptable (abortion, war, capital punishment)?
3. Why have more and more Americans opted for cremation, according to Lynch?
4. What characteristic of "successful" suicides did Lynch say he admired?
5. Why did authors such as Jessica Mitford attack the funeral industry?
6. What lesson did Lynch want to teach Sweeney with his story of the man killed by the falling vehicle at the scrap metal yard?
7. How did Lynch react to the body of the young man who shot himself in Chapter 9?
8. What did Lynch see as the advantage of being at the midpoint of one's life?
9. How did Lynch feel about the prospect of his loved ones feeling guilt at his funeral?
10. What perspective did Lynch reach on the night his mother was buried?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)