|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food was served at The Red Fort?
2. In what German city did Sweeney study?
3. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tract"?
(a) William Butler Yeats.
(b) William Carols Williams.
(c) Robert Frost.
(d) Walt Whitman.
4. What was the first name of the girl Lynch met and fell in love with?
5. If he is cremated, what does Lynch want done with the ashes?
(a) Kept in the funeral parlor.
(c) Scattered over town.
(d) Kept in his family's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many Japanese die of fugu poisoning every year?
2. What distinguishes coffins from caskets?
3. What did Lynch sarcastically mention as a "tidy" type of assisted suicide?
4. What singing group did Lynch desire to emulate?
5. At what age did Lynch's mother die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of music did Lynch want at his funeral?
2. How do Lynch and his wife differ in their views of Milford as they walk through town in Chapter 7?
3. Why did Janet Adkins ask Jack Kevorkian to assist in her suicide?
4. How did Lynch react to the body of the young man who shot himself in Chapter 9?
5. How does Lynch describe people's different approaches to living life at the end of Chapter 8 and which approach did Sweeney take?
6. What did Lynch see as the advantage of being at the midpoint of one's life?
7. How does Lynch view the current state of debate over abortion?
8. How do most people view undertakers, according to Lynch?
9. Why have more and more Americans opted for cremation, according to Lynch?
10. What perspective did Lynch reach on the night his mother was buried?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)