Chapter 1, The Undertaking
1. Approximately how many of his townspeople did Lynch bury each year?
2. Approximately how many of his townspeople were cremated each year?
(a) Five dozen.
(b) Four to five dozen.
(c) Two to three dozen.
(d) One to two dozen.
3. What funeral related item did Lynch sell on commission?
(c) Cemetery plots.
4. How much of his gross earnings were profit?
(a) Five percent.
(b) Seven percent.
(c) Twelve percent.
(d) Ten percent.
5. Out of a thousand people in a room, how many would be expected to die by the end of the year according to Lynch's analogy in Chapter 1?
6. What kind of service did the Irish priest who married Lynch say he wanted?
(a) No service.
(b) A graveside service.
(c) A simple low mass.
(d) A solemn high mass.
7. What kind of coffin did the priest want to be buried in?
8. At what time did Mil Hornsby's wife call to announce his death?
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 2 a.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
This section contains 3,041 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)