|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the farm where Cora stays in "Indiana"?
(a) Garner Farm.
(b) Fletcher Farm.
(c) Randall Farm.
(d) Valentine Farm.
2. What was the name of Martin's father?
3. Where do Cora and Royal discuss going next in "Indiana"?
(a) To Boston.
(b) To Philadelphia.
(c) To New York.
(d) To Canada.
4. Who had given Caesar the book that he goes to read at the schoolhouse?
(a) Mr. Fletcher.
(b) Mrs. Garner.
(c) Mr. Lumbly.
(d) Mr. Lander.
5. What is the reward on the reward notice that opens "Indiana"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man who ends up taking Cora after the Wells' house has been raided?
2. Who does Caesar drink Corn whiskey with and talk about women in "Caesar"?
3. What county is listed on the reward poster in "Tennessee"?
4. Who on the wagon is described as always singing in the beginning of "Tennessee"?
5. What crop is most associated with the dependents of American whites on slavery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cora's relationship with Ethel evolve during her stay with the Wells?
2. What happens when Cora is discovered in the home of the Wells?
3. How does the "Wanted" posting differ in "The North" from the ones in previous chapters?
4. What does Cora observe about Fiona from the attic in "North Carolina"?
5. How is Cora's relationship with Royal illustrated in "Indiana"?
6. How is the night before the community meeting described in flashback in "Indiana"?
7. What is "Manifest Destiny" and how is it discussed in the novel?
8. What happens during the ambush at the community meeting in the end of "Indiana"?
9. What converation takes place between Cora and Valentine in the library in "Indiana"?
10. What leads to Mabel's death, as revealed in "Mabel"?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)