|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attempts to have sex with Cora in "Tennessee"?
2. What remembrance was brought to Sam by the other men from the Underground Railroad after his house was demolished?
(a) A pocket watch.
(b) A diary.
(c) A tin cup.
(d) A copper mug.
3. What was the name of Martin's father?
4. How many "colored men" come upon Ridgeway and his captives and take him captive in "Tennessee"?
5. What is the name that was given to the meeting in Oney Garrison's dining room, according to Martin in "North Carolina"?
(a) The South Convention.
(b) The Justice Convention.
(c) The Slavery Convention.
(d) The African Convention.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who on the wagon is described as always singing in the beginning of "Tennessee"?
2. Who presumably left with Ridgeway after the assault, according to Sam in "Indiana"?
3. Who left Valentine Farm because of the murder he committed?
4. What county is listed on the reward poster in "Tennessee"?
5. What is the name of the escaped slave on the reward notice in "Indiana"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cora manage to escape from Ridgeway in "The North"?
2. How is Valentine farm described? Where is it located?
3. What are the "close calls" that could have led to Cora's discovery in "North Carolina"?
4. What does Cora note about the landscape as she crosses through Tennessee?
5. How does the "Wanted" posting differ in "The North" from the ones in previous chapters?
6. How does Cora make her way outside of the Underground Railroad in "The North"?
7. What happens during the ambush at Ridgeway's wagon in "Tennessee"?
8. How is the night before the community meeting described in flashback in "Indiana"?
9. How is Mabel's flight described in "Mabel"?
10. What leads to Mabel's death, as revealed in "Mabel"?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)