|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mabel eat when she makes it to the island in the swamp after fleeing the Randall plantation in "Mabel"?
2. What news does Sam inform Cora about Terrance Randall in "Indiana"?
(a) That he is hunting her down alone.
(b) That he is dead.
(c) That he is now fat.
(d) That he has remarried.
3. What is the rewaard that is listed on the wanted poster in the opening of "Tennessee"?
4. How does Cora escape in the Underground Railroad in "The North"?
(a) By using a handcar.
(b) By calling for help.
(c) By taking a passing train.
(d) By running down the tracks.
5. How many slaves were in North Carolina at the time of the assembly at Oney Garrison's dining room according to Martin in "North Carolina"?
(a) Almost 300,000.
(b) Almost 150,000.
(c) Almost 200,000.
(d) Almost 100,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man who ends up taking Cora after the Wells' house has been raided?
2. What is the approximate age given for the escaped slave on the reward notice in "Indiana"?
3. Who was Ethel's childhood friend that was the child of a slave?
4. Who is Ridgeway's assistant in the wagon in "Tennessee"?
5. At what age did Martin leave North Carolina for a job in a shipping office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ridgeway take Cora into Tennessee?
2. What are the "close calls" that could have led to Cora's discovery in "North Carolina"?
3. How is the setting described when Cora exits the train station in "The North"?
4. How is Cora's relationship with Royal illustrated in "Indiana"?
5. What converation takes place between Cora and Valentine in the library in "Indiana"?
6. How does the narrator describe Caesar's feelings toward Mr. Fletcher and Mrs. Garner in "Caesar"?
7. What happens during the ambush at the community meeting in the end of "Indiana"?
8. How does Cora manage to escape from Ridgeway in "The North"?
9. Who are Ridgeway's assistants and how are they described?
10. What happens when Cora is discovered in the home of the Wells?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)