|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had Mabel grown up with, as she was born in the same month?
2. What is the name of Valentine's eldest son?
3. Who on the wagon is described as always singing in the beginning of "Tennessee"?
4. When did the Southampton Insurrection occur?
(a) August, 1831.
(b) July, 1818.
(c) March, 1836.
(d) June, 1845.
5. What is the name of Molly's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has signed the reward poster in "Tennessee"?
2. When does the narrator say Moses became a monster in "Mabel"?
3. What nickname does Gloria give to Cora?
4. Who takes Cora on a buggy ride to an abandoned Underground Railroad station in "Indiana"?
5. Who has signed the reward notice in "Indiana"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift does Royal give to Cora in "Indiana"? Why is this significant?
2. How is Valentine farm described? Where is it located?
3. What happens during the ambush at the community meeting in the end of "Indiana"?
4. What is "Manifest Destiny" and how is it discussed in the novel?
5. What leads to Mabel's death, as revealed in "Mabel"?
6. What happens during the ambush at Ridgeway's wagon in "Tennessee"?
7. What does Cora note about the landscape as she crosses through Tennessee?
8. Who are Ridgeway's assistants and how are they described?
9. How does Cora manage to escape from Ridgeway in "The North"?
10. What are the "close calls" that could have led to Cora's discovery in "North Carolina"?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)