|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the runaway escape, according to the reward poster that opens "Tennessee"?
(a) January 12.
(b) July 5.
(c) February 6.
(d) June 2.
2. How old was Mabel when Grayson arrived at the plantation?
3. Where do Cora and Royal discuss going next in "Indiana"?
(a) To Canada.
(b) To Boston.
(c) To Philadelphia.
(d) To New York.
4. Where did the Southampton Insurrection take place?
(b) South Carolina.
5. What American belief is discussed by Ridgeway and Cora in "Tennessee"?
(a) The Revolution.
(b) Manifest Destiny.
(c) The American Dream.
(d) The Trail of Tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the pit-master Jimmy's father from?
2. Who teaches the lessons that Cora attends in "Indiana"?
3. Who attempts to have sex with Cora in "Tennessee"?
4. Who left Valentine Farm because of the murder he committed?
5. Where does Ridgeway tell Cora that Caesar was killed in "Tennessee"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ridgeway take Cora into Tennessee?
2. How does the "Wanted" posting differ in "The North" from the ones in previous chapters?
3. What is significant about the allusions to Gulliver's Travels in The Underground Railroad?
4. What are the "close calls" that could have led to Cora's discovery in "North Carolina"?
5. What news does Sam relate during his visit in "Indiana"?
6. How does Cora make her way outside of the Underground Railroad in "The North"?
7. How does the narrator describe Caesar's feelings toward Mr. Fletcher and Mrs. Garner in "Caesar"?
8. What happens during the ambush at the community meeting in the end of "Indiana"?
9. Who speaks at the community meeting in "Indiana"? What do they say?
10. How did Martin become involved with the Underground Railroad?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)