|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ward of the dormitory is relegated to those with "nervous disorders" in "South Carolina"?
(a) Number 40.
(b) Number 60.
(c) Number 13.
(d) Number 20.
2. How many children did Ajarry give birth to?
3. What does Sam say the patients that think they are being treated for blood ailments are really being subjected to in "South Carolina"?
(a) They are being used as part of a study on syphillis.
(b) They are being used as part of a study on yellow fever.
(c) They are being used as part of a study on cancer.
(d) They are being used as part of a study on sickle cell anemia.
4. Who is the station agent that finds Cora in "North Carolina"?
(b) Mr. Lumbly.
(c) Martin Wells.
(d) Elijah Lander.
5. What procedure does the doctor at the new hospital suggest to Cora in "South Carolina"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the slave that comes up to Cora and suggests they run away together in "Georgia"?
2. Who is the curator of the museum where Cora goes to work in "South Carolina"?
3. For what family does Bessie work?
4. Where did Ridgeway travel to in order to retreive the slave named Betsy in "Ridgeway"?
5. What is the name of Cora's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sam suggest that Cora and Caesar need to get back on the train going north in "South Carolina"?
2. Describe the setting of the Hob. Who lives in this location?
3. What does Ajarry's garden plot mean to Cora?
4. What is revealed of Dr. Stevens's secret nighttime activities in "Stevens"?
5. What led to Cora becoming a "stray"? What does this term mean in the narrative?
6. How are the motifs of darkness and light explored in "North Carolina"?
7. What are the implications of James Randall's death?
8. What is Ajarry's relationship with the protagonist? How is her character described in the novel?
9. Who were the two white people that prepared Caesar to run? How did they prepare him?
10. What happens when Cora goes to the train station in the end of "South Carolina"?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)