|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mabel killed?
(a) She is shot.
(b) She is bitten by a cottonmouth.
(c) She is bitten by an alligator.
(d) She drowns in the swamp.
2. What is the name of the Wells' housekeeper?
3. Why was Cora taken to the Underground Railroad station blindfolded after Ridgeway was attacked?
(a) To protect her from knowing its location.
(b) To make it loko as though she is a slave.
(c) To frighten her into telling them the truth.
(d) To prevent her from finding it again.
4. What is the name that was given to the meeting in Oney Garrison's dining room, according to Martin in "North Carolina"?
(a) The South Convention.
(b) The African Convention.
(c) The Slavery Convention.
(d) The Justice Convention.
5. When did the runaway escape, according to the reward poster that opens "Tennessee"?
(a) January 12.
(b) July 5.
(c) June 2.
(d) February 6.
6. Where is Cora's schoolteacher from in "Indiana"?
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
7. How does Cora respond when the red-headed man asks if she needs anything in "The North"?
(a) She says yes.
(b) She takes his food.
(c) She asks where she is.
(d) She shakes her head.
8. Where is the pit-master Jimmy's father from?
9. Who was Moses's mother?
10. Who is the black driver of Ridgeway's wagon in "Tennessee"?
11. Ridgeway takes a detour in Tennessee because they encounter a town that is quarantined as a result of what disease?
(c) Yellow fever.
(d) Black plague.
12. What is Mabel doing when she is killed?
(a) She is returning to the Randall plantation.
(b) She is trying to build a boat.
(c) She is running from an alligator.
(d) She is following the North Star.
13. How old was Mabel when Grayson arrived at the plantation?
14. Where is the family from that Sam has just delivered to Valentine Farm when he arrives "Indiana"?
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
15. Where does Ridgeway tell Cora that Caesar was killed in "Tennessee"?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the stock boy at the feed store that Martin describes from his childhood in "North Carolina"?
2. Who left Valentine Farm because of the murder he committed?
3. Who led the Southampton Insurrection?
4. What does Mabel eat when she makes it to the island in the swamp after fleeing the Randall plantation in "Mabel"?
5. Why did Old Randall sell Moses's mother off?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)