|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Southampton Insurrection occur?
(a) August, 1831.
(b) July, 1818.
(c) June, 1845.
(d) March, 1836.
2. Who is the black driver of Ridgeway's wagon in "Tennessee"?
3. Who teaches the lessons that Cora attends in "Indiana"?
4. What shape is the scar that is described on the runaway's temple in the wanted ad in "The North"?
5. Where does Ridgeway tell Cora that Caesar was killed in "Tennessee"?
(b) South Carolina.
(c) North Carolina.
6. What is the approximate age given for the escaped slave on the reward notice in "Indiana"?
7. For how long does Sam stay on the farm before departing in "Indiana"?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
(d) Two weeks.
8. What is the name of the farm where Cora stays in "Indiana"?
(a) Randall Farm.
(b) Valentine Farm.
(c) Garner Farm.
(d) Fletcher Farm.
9. Who is the man who ends up taking Cora after the Wells' house has been raided?
(a) Elijah Lander.
10. Who on the wagon is described as always singing in the beginning of "Tennessee"?
11. Grayson was sold to the Randall plantation by an indigo farmer from where?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
12. Who speaks after Valentine during the community meeting in "Indiana"?
13. Who presumably left with Ridgeway after the assault, according to Sam in "Indiana"?
14. Who has signed the reward notice in "Indiana"?
(a) Elijah Lander.
(b) Christian Markson.
(c) James Aykkroyd.
(d) Benj P. Wells.
15. Who left Valentine Farm because of the murder he committed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the book that Caesar goes to the schoolhouse to read?
2. Who does Caesar drink Corn whiskey with and talk about women in "Caesar"?
3. What building is burned down at the farm in "Indiana"?
4. Who had Mabel grown up with, as she was born in the same month?
5. When does the narrator say Moses became a monster in "Mabel"?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)