|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What county is listed on the reward poster in "Tennessee"?
(a) Garland County.
(b) Watson County.
(c) Chatham County.
(d) Clark County.
2. Where did the Southampton Insurrection take place?
(b) South Carolina.
3. Who had given Caesar the book that he goes to read at the schoolhouse?
(a) Mr. Fletcher.
(b) Mrs. Garner.
(c) Mr. Lumbly.
(d) Mr. Lander.
4. What does Mabel eat when she makes it to the island in the swamp after fleeing the Randall plantation in "Mabel"?
5. Who was Ethel's childhood friend that was the child of a slave?
6. What building is burned down at the farm in "Indiana"?
(a) The butcher house.
(b) The chicken house.
(c) The library.
(d) The estate house.
7. Who speaks after Valentine during the community meeting in "Indiana"?
8. How old is Molly when Cora shares a room with her in "Indiana"?
9. What is the name of Valentine's eldest son?
10. What do the Wells tell their housekeeper in order to keep her away from working when Cora is sick?
(a) That their parents are coming to town.
(b) That Martin is sick.
(c) That she is fired.
(d) That Ethel is sick.
11. Who had Mabel grown up with, as she was born in the same month?
12. What nickname does Gloria give to Cora?
(a) "The Adventuress."
(b) "The Princess."
(c) "The Queen."
(d) "The Survivor."
13. When does the narrator say Moses became a monster in "Mabel"?
(a) When Connelly made him a boss.
(b) When is father died.
(c) When he got married.
(d) When his mother was sold.
14. What was the alias that Sam used as a slave catcher after he left South Carolina?
(a) Rigdon Banks.
(b) Elijah Lander.
(c) James Olney.
(d) Christian Markson.
15. How is Mabel killed?
(a) She drowns in the swamp.
(b) She is shot.
(c) She is bitten by a cottonmouth.
(d) She is bitten by an alligator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape is the scar that is described on the runaway's temple in the wanted ad in "The North"?
2. Who left Valentine Farm because of the murder he committed?
3. Who wins the shucking competition in "Indiana"?
4. What is the approximate age given for the escaped slave on the reward notice in "Indiana"?
5. Who led the Southampton Insurrection?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)