|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the necklace made of that Ridgeway's assistant wears?
(b) Gold teeth.
(c) Human ears.
2. What county is listed on the reward poster in "Tennessee"?
(a) Clark County.
(b) Watson County.
(c) Chatham County.
(d) Garland County.
3. What remembrance was brought to Sam by the other men from the Underground Railroad after his house was demolished?
(a) A pocket watch.
(b) A copper mug.
(c) A diary.
(d) A tin cup.
4. Who had Mabel grown up with, as she was born in the same month?
5. What nickname does Gloria give to Cora?
(a) "The Survivor."
(b) "The Queen."
(c) "The Adventuress."
(d) "The Princess."
6. How many men, women, and children does the narrator claim were killed in the Southampton Insurrection?
7. When does the narrator say Moses became a monster in "Mabel"?
(a) When is father died.
(b) When his mother was sold.
(c) When he got married.
(d) When Connelly made him a boss.
8. What does Cora notice about the landscape as she rides in the wagon with Ridgeway in "Tennessee"?
(a) It is flooded.
(b) It has been burned.
(c) It is covered in dust.
(d) It is snowy.
9. What building is burned down at the farm in "Indiana"?
(a) The butcher house.
(b) The chicken house.
(c) The library.
(d) The estate house.
10. Where do Cora and Royal discuss going next in "Indiana"?
(a) To Canada.
(b) To New York.
(c) To Philadelphia.
(d) To Boston.
11. What is the name of the Wells' housekeeper?
12. Who on the wagon is described as always singing in the beginning of "Tennessee"?
13. When did the runaway escape, according to the reward poster that opens "Tennessee"?
(a) February 6.
(b) July 5.
(c) June 2.
(d) January 12.
14. What is the name of Valentine's eldest son?
15. Who attempts to have sex with Cora in "Tennessee"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Martin's father?
2. Who was Ethel's childhood friend that was the child of a slave?
3. Where is the Wells' housekeeper from?
4. What is the name of the escaped slave on the reward notice in "Indiana"?
5. What is the name of the farm where Cora stays in "Indiana"?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)