|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Stevens's first name?
2. What new identify has Caesar been given by the underground railroad station master in "South Carolina"?
(a) Terrance Randall.
(b) Christian Markson.
(c) Elijah Lander.
(d) Benj P. Wells.
3. How does the station agent transport Cora to his home in "North Carolina"?
(a) By dressing her as a white woman.
(b) By hiding her in a wagon.
(c) By hiding her in a wheelbarrow.
(d) By leading her in chains.
4. Who are the other performers that work with Cora at the museum in "South Carolina"?
(a) Isis and Betty.
(b) Ethel and Mabel.
(c) Lovey and Ajarry.
(d) Mary and Sarah.
5. What is the name of the station master's daughter who visits him while Cora hides in the attic in "North Carolina"?
6. Where was Ajarry's first husband sold to a sugar plantation?
(a) In Louisiana.
(b) In South Carolina.
(c) In North Carolina.
(d) In Florida.
7. Who is the woman that Cora saw screaming in the street on the night of the social?
8. For how long does the narrator say the station master and his wife have been married in "North Carolina"?
(a) 22 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 19 years.
(d) 35 years.
9. On what date is the "Thirty Dollar Reward" listed in "Georgia"?
(a) June 12, 1826.
(b) January 14, 1855.
(c) March 10, 1840.
(d) July 18, 1820.
10. Who answers the door to find Caesar when he visits the Hob to talk to Cora in "Georgia"?
11. How did Ajarry's second husband die?
(a) From a brain aneurysm.
(b) From cancer.
(c) From cholera.
(d) From yellow fever.
12. Where does the narrator say Mary works in "Georgia"?
(a) The milk house.
(b) The estate kitchen.
(c) The library.
(d) The chicken house.
13. How old is Maisie when Cora stops working for the Andersons?
14. On the reward poster in the beginning of "South Carolina," the author states, "I have been informed she is lurking in and about" what location?
15. How many children did Ajarry give birth to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift has Caesar brought to Sam when he and Cora are summoned to his house in "South Carolina"?
2. Who is the dormitory supervisor where Cora lives in "South Carolina"?
3. At what museum does Cora begin working in "South Carolina"?
4. For how much money was Ajarry first sold after arriving in America?
5. In the opening of the chapter "South Carolina," there is a reward posting. What is the amount of the reward?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)