|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how much money did a representative from the Randall plantation buy Ajarry?
2. Who is the doctor that Cora sees when she first visits the new hospital in "South Carolina"?
(a) Dr. Martin.
(b) Dr. Stevens.
(c) Dr. Anderson.
(d) Dr. Wells.
3. Who is described as the head of the kitchen workers in "Georgia"?
4. What saloon does Sam warn Caesar and Cora away from in "South Carolina"?
(a) Red's Cafe.
(b) Lander's Cafe.
(c) Jonestown Cafe.
(d) Rick's Cafe.
5. Where is Bessie Carpenter supposed to be from?
(a) North Carolina.
6. What is the date of the wanted notice that opens "North Carolina"?
(a) August 28, 1839.
(b) September 12, 1826.
(c) July 18, 1820.
(d) January 5, 1812.
7. Where was James when he fell ill negotiating with a delegation of trading agents from Liverpool in "Georgia"?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Little Rock.
8. What new identify has Caesar been given by the underground railroad station master in "South Carolina"?
(a) Elijah Lander.
(b) Terrance Randall.
(c) Benj P. Wells.
(d) Christian Markson.
9. On what slave ship was Ajarry taken from her homeland?
(a) The Eagle.
(b) The Americana.
(c) The Pelican.
(d) The Nanny.
10. At what port was Ajarry held in a dungeon while the slave ships arrived?
11. Where do Cora and Caesar go to talk when he comes to see her at the Hob in "Georgia"?
(a) To the estate garden.
(b) To the slave kitchen.
(c) To Ajarry's garden plot.
(d) To the old schoolhouse.
12. Where did Ridgeway travel to in order to retreive the slave named Betsy in "Ridgeway"?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Trenton, New Jersey.
(c) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
13. In the opening of the chapter "South Carolina," there is a reward posting. What is the amount of the reward?
14. On the reward poster in the beginning of "South Carolina," the author states, "I have been informed she is lurking in and about" what location?
15. How many times did Ajarry marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the "negro girl" that is being sought on the reward poster in the opening of "South Carolina"?
2. On what road does Cora observe the hanging bodies of lynched escaped slaves in "North Carolina"?
3. What is the date on the reward poster that opens "South Carolina"?
4. What does Cora name the brown mutt that she watches from the attic of the station master's house in "North Carolina"?
5. Who was the "infamous slave catcher" that was called to the Randall plantation after Cora's mother ran away?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)