|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 (p. 289 - 306).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the reward poster in the beginning of "South Carolina," the author states, "I have been informed she is lurking in and about" what location?
2. Approximately how old is the "negro girl" that is described in the notice that opens "North Carolina"?
3. How did Ajarry attempt to kill herself a second time on the slave ship passage?
(a) By hanging.
(b) By drowning.
(c) By cutting her neck.
(d) By cutting her wrists.
4. Who was Ethel's childhood friend that was the child of a slave?
5. What approximate age is given for the runaway slave on the wanted poster in "Tennessee"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Southampton Insurrection take place?
2. Who is the doctor that Cora sees when she first visits the new hospital in "South Carolina"?
3. Who teaches the lessons that Cora attends in "Indiana"?
4. How is Mabel killed?
5. At what age did Martin leave North Carolina for a job in a shipping office?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)