|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8 (p. 229 - 267).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does the narrator say the station master and his wife have been married in "North Carolina"?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 35 years.
(c) 22 years.
(d) 19 years.
2. What approximate age is given for the runaway slave on the wanted poster in "Tennessee"?
3. Who is the slave that comes up to Cora and suggests they run away together in "Georgia"?
4. What do the Wells tell their housekeeper in order to keep her away from working when Cora is sick?
(a) That their parents are coming to town.
(b) That she is fired.
(c) That Ethel is sick.
(d) That Martin is sick.
5. From what stock does Mary descend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Ajarry and the other slaves taken upon arriving in America to be certified clear of illness?
2. Why does the narrator say that the captain of the slave ship that brought Ajarry from her homeland staggered the culture and disposition of the slaves he peddled?
3. Where was James when he fell ill negotiating with a delegation of trading agents from Liverpool in "Georgia"?
4. Who was Caesar's kindly Northern owner that taught him to read?
5. Who acted as the pallbearers at Old Randall's funeral?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)