|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 (p. 197 - 228).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men, women, and children does the narrator claim were killed in the Southampton Insurrection?
2. Who is the curator of the museum where Cora goes to work in "South Carolina"?
(a) Mr. Fields.
(b) Mr. Hicks.
(c) Mr. Wells.
(d) Mr. Henry.
3. Who is the boy that Cora received a beating for protecting from Terrance?
4. Why does the narrator say that the captain of the slave ship that brought Ajarry from her homeland staggered the culture and disposition of the slaves he peddled?
(a) Because they liked to hear the different languages.
(b) Because they might plot a mutiny if they shared a language.
(c) Because the buyers liked to choose from different tribes.
(d) Because different tribes had different specialties in terms of work.
5. Who is the black driver of Ridgeway's wagon in "Tennessee"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ridgeway takes a detour in Tennessee because they encounter a town that is quarantined as a result of what disease?
2. For what family does Bessie work?
3. Where does Cora learn the residents of Number 40 have been taken when they disappear in "South Carolina"?
4. What are the actors such as Cora referred to by the curator of the museum in "South Carolina"?
5. What do the Wells tell their housekeeper in order to keep her away from working when Cora is sick?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)