|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 (p. 132 - 160).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the "negro girl" who is described in the notice that opens "North Carolina"?
2. From what stock does Mary descend?
3. On what slave ship was Ajarry taken from her homeland?
(a) The Pelican.
(b) The Americana.
(c) The Eagle.
(d) The Nanny.
4. Who was the "infamous slave catcher" that was called to the Randall plantation after Cora's mother ran away?
(d) Elijah Lander.
5. Who is the boy that Cora received a beating for protecting from Terrance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of the saloon the Drift?
2. What is the date on the reward poster that opens "South Carolina"?
3. Who answers the door to find Caesar when he visits the Hob to talk to Cora in "Georgia"?
4. Why does the narrator say that the captain of the slave ship that brought Ajarry from her homeland staggered the culture and disposition of the slaves he peddled?
5. What is the name of Cora's mother?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)