|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 (p. 132 - 160).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Cora's mother?
2. What ward of the dormitory is relegated to those with "nervous disorders" in "South Carolina"?
(a) Number 40.
(b) Number 20.
(c) Number 60.
(d) Number 13.
3. Where has Caesar gotten work after arriving in South Carolina?
(a) At a museum.
(b) At a stage theater.
(c) At a machine factory.
(d) At a chicken coop.
4. At what museum does Cora begin working in "South Carolina"?
(a) The Museum of the South.
(b) The Museum of Natural Wonders.
(c) The Museum of American History.
(d) The Museum of the Americas.
5. Who is described as the head of the kitchen workers in "Georgia"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the "negro girl" that is being sought on the reward poster in the opening of "South Carolina"?
2. Why does the train conductor tell Cora he cannot take him with her when he drops her in "North Carolina"?
3. Where do Cora and Caesar go to talk when he comes to see her at the Hob in "Georgia"?
4. Who follows Cora and Caesar when they make their escape from the plantation?
5. What is the name of the station master's wife in "North Carolina"?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)