|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 (p. 107 - 131).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam say the patients that think they are being treated for blood ailments are really being subjected to in "South Carolina"?
(a) They are being used as part of a study on cancer.
(b) They are being used as part of a study on sickle cell anemia.
(c) They are being used as part of a study on yellow fever.
(d) They are being used as part of a study on syphillis.
2. Where do Cora and Caesar go to talk when he comes to see her at the Hob in "Georgia"?
(a) To the old schoolhouse.
(b) To the slave kitchen.
(c) To the estate garden.
(d) To Ajarry's garden plot.
3. What was the profession of Arnold Ridgeway's father?
(a) He was a blacksmith.
(b) He was a butcher.
(c) He was a banker.
(d) He was a patroller.
4. How far did Big Anthony make it from the Randall plantation before he was discovered?
(a) 34 miles.
(b) 56 miles.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 26 miles.
5. Where does Cora learn the residents of Number 40 have been taken when they disappear in "South Carolina"?
(a) To their former masters.
(b) To a new dorm.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows Cora and Caesar when they make their escape from the plantation?
2. What are the actors such as Cora referred to by the curator of the museum in "South Carolina"?
3. Who is the dormitory supervisor where Cora lives in "South Carolina"?
4. Who is the curator of the museum where Cora goes to work in "South Carolina"?
5. How long ago does the reward poster in the opening of "South Carolina" say the slave girl ran away?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)