|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (p. 71 - 106).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Caesar gotten work after arriving in South Carolina?
(a) At a machine factory.
(b) At a stage theater.
(c) At a museum.
(d) At a chicken coop.
2. How did Ajarry attempt to kill herself a second time on the slave ship passage?
(a) By cutting her neck.
(b) By cutting her wrists.
(c) By drowning.
(d) By hanging.
3. On the reward poster in the beginning of "South Carolina," the author states, "I have been informed she is lurking in and about" what location?
4. What does the doctor say led to James's death in "Georgia"?
(b) Brain aneurysm.
(c) Kidney failure.
(d) Heart failure.
5. Where does the narrator say Mary works in "Georgia"?
(a) The milk house.
(b) The estate kitchen.
(c) The library.
(d) The chicken house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who acted as the pallbearers at Old Randall's funeral?
2. In the opening of the chapter "South Carolina," there is a reward posting. What is the amount of the reward?
3. What new identify has Caesar been given by the underground railroad station master in "South Carolina"?
4. How did Ajarry first attempt suicide while on the slave ship?
5. How far did Big Anthony make it from the Randall plantation before he was discovered?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)