|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (p. 71 - 106).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the "infamous slave catcher" that was called to the Randall plantation after Cora's mother ran away?
(d) Elijah Lander.
2. Who acted as the pallbearers at Old Randall's funeral?
(a) The field slaves.
(b) Old Randall's brothers.
(c) The house slaves.
(d) Old Randall's sons.
3. Where was James when he fell ill negotiating with a delegation of trading agents from Liverpool in "Georgia"?
(a) Little Rock.
(d) New Orleans.
4. For how much money did a representative from the Randall plantation buy Ajarry?
5. How long ago does the reward poster in the opening of "South Carolina" say the slave girl ran away?
(a) Nine months ago.
(b) Six months ago.
(c) Two months ago.
(d) One month ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Ajarry give birth to?
2. Who is the teacher that teaches Cora and others to read and write in "South Carolina"?
3. On the reward poster in the beginning of "South Carolina," the author states, "I have been informed she is lurking in and about" what location?
4. Why does the narrator say that the captain of the slave ship that brought Ajarry from her homeland staggered the culture and disposition of the slaves he peddled?
5. For what family does Bessie work?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)