|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9 (p. 268 - 288).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the "negro girl" who is described in the notice that opens "North Carolina"?
2. How many children did Ajarry give birth to?
3. Why does the train conductor tell Cora he cannot take him with her when he drops her in "North Carolina"?
(a) Because he is in maintenance.
(b) Because the train is faulty.
(c) Because the patrollers are out.
(d) Because he is going back south.
4. What does the doctor say led to James's death in "Georgia"?
(a) Kidney failure.
(b) Brain aneurysm.
(c) Heart failure.
5. What is the name of the station master's wife in "North Carolina"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What building does the staton master tell Cora and Caesar to use as a landmark in "South Carolina"?
2. What do the Wells tell their housekeeper in order to keep her away from working when Cora is sick?
3. Who presumably left with Ridgeway after the assault, according to Sam in "Indiana"?
4. On the reward poster in the beginning of "South Carolina," the author states, "I have been informed she is lurking in and about" what location?
5. Where was James when he fell ill negotiating with a delegation of trading agents from Liverpool in "Georgia"?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)