|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9 (p. 268 - 288).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what family does Bessie work?
(a) The Wells.
(b) The Ridgeways.
(c) The Fletchers.
(d) The Andersons.
2. What remembrance was brought to Sam by the other men from the Underground Railroad after his house was demolished?
(a) A diary.
(b) A pocket watch.
(c) A copper mug.
(d) A tin cup.
3. What was the profession of Arnold Ridgeway's father?
(a) He was a banker.
(b) He was a blacksmith.
(c) He was a butcher.
(d) He was a patroller.
4. Where did Sam end up driving trains on the Underground Railroad after he left South Carolina?
(a) To Pittsburgh and Detroit.
(b) To Boston and New York.
(c) To Canada.
(d) To Cleveland and Philadelphia.
5. Who are the other performers that work with Cora at the museum in "South Carolina"?
(a) Mary and Sarah.
(b) Isis and Betty.
(c) Lovey and Ajarry.
(d) Ethel and Mabel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sam fled South Carolina, he took a ship headed where?
2. What is the name of Molly's mother?
3. About how old is the train engineer that finally picks Cora up after the explosion at Sam's house in "North Carolina"?
4. What approximate age is given for the runaway slave on the wanted poster in "Tennessee"?
5. What is the name of the farm where Cora stays in "Indiana"?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)