|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 (p. 161 - 196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the doctor that Cora sees when she first visits the new hospital in "South Carolina"?
(a) Dr. Anderson.
(b) Dr. Wells.
(c) Dr. Martin.
(d) Dr. Stevens.
2. How long ago does the reward poster in the opening of "South Carolina" say the slave girl ran away?
(a) Two months ago.
(b) Nine months ago.
(c) Six months ago.
(d) One month ago.
3. Where is the Wells' housekeeper from?
4. On what road does Cora observe the hanging bodies of lynched escaped slaves in "North Carolina"?
(a) The Lost Highway.
(b) The Forgotten Road.
(c) The Trail of Tears.
(d) The Freedom Trail.
5. What gift has Caesar brought to Sam when he and Cora are summoned to his house in "South Carolina"?
(a) A necktie.
(b) A pocket watch.
(c) A belt.
(d) A wooden bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man who ends up taking Cora after the Wells' house has been raided?
2. Why does the train conductor tell Cora he cannot take him with her when he drops her in "North Carolina"?
3. Who acted as the pallbearers at Old Randall's funeral?
4. Who has signed the reward poster that opens "South Carolina"?
5. Where does Cora learn the residents of Number 40 have been taken when they disappear in "South Carolina"?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)