|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8 (p. 229 - 267).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how old is the "negro girl" that is described in the notice that opens "North Carolina"?
2. Who is the teacher that teaches Cora and others to read and write in "South Carolina"?
(a) Miss Sarah.
(b) Miss Stevens.
(c) Miss Lucy.
(d) Miss Handler.
3. What is the approximate age given for the escaped slave on the reward notice in "Indiana"?
4. What new identify has Caesar been given by the underground railroad station master in "South Carolina"?
(a) Benj P. Wells.
(b) Christian Markson.
(c) Elijah Lander.
(d) Terrance Randall.
5. Who has signed the reward poster that opens "South Carolina"?
(a) James R. Rosewell.
(b) Benj P. Wells.
(c) Martin Wells.
(d) Elijah Lander.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bessie Carpenter supposed to be from?
2. What is the reward on the reward notice that opens "Indiana"?
3. On the reward poster in the beginning of "South Carolina," the author states, "I have been informed she is lurking in and about" what location?
4. About how old is the train engineer that finally picks Cora up after the explosion at Sam's house in "North Carolina"?
5. How long ago does the reward poster in the opening of "South Carolina" say the slave girl ran away?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)