|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8 (p. 229 - 267).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many students are in the schoolroom where Cora attends classes in "Indiana"?
2. What building does the staton master tell Cora and Caesar to use as a landmark in "South Carolina"?
(a) The Marcine Building.
(b) The Chrystler Building.
(c) The Tater Building.
(d) The Griffin Building.
3. Where has Caesar gotten work after arriving in South Carolina?
(a) At a chicken coop.
(b) At a stage theater.
(c) At a museum.
(d) At a machine factory.
4. In a line from "North Carolina," the narrator says, "The only way to know how long you are lost in the darkness is" what?
(a) "To listen to your hunger."
(b) "To pray."
(c) "To count the days."
(d) "To be saved from it."
5. Where is the pit-master Jimmy's father from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the farm where Cora stays in "Indiana"?
2. How old was Arnold Ridgeway when he took up with the patrollers?
3. What is the name of the station master's daughter who visits him while Cora hides in the attic in "North Carolina"?
4. Where is Cora's schoolteacher from in "Indiana"?
5. Where is Bessie Carpenter supposed to be from?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)