|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of assistance does the Duke request of a housemaid in one account discussed in "From His Grace's Journal to Housemaid's Account?"
2. In a final story by the housemaid what is the Duke doing in the tree?
3. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what is the significance of finding the bust?
4. Based on the Mr. Hendley's account, what does the Duke have a desire to do?
5. Where does the Duke decide to take a walk to on December 11th?
Essay Topic 1
Explore the Duke's reoccurring dream. Discuss the elements of the dream that effect the Duke the most and those elements that shed light on the Duke's life and character.
Essay Topic 2
The Duke complained of a number of illnesses throughout the story. Compare and contrast the Duke's assessment of his illnesses with Dr. Cox's assessment of his illnesses.
Essay Topic 3
A reader can look at this story in terms of milestones. Explore the various milestones during the last days of the Duke. Additionally, these milesstones each had a profound effect on the Duke. Analyze how these milestones served to either provide the Duke with information, change his thinking or mental state, or produce some other effect on the Duke.
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)