Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the staff and Dr. Cox decide to wait so long to tell the Duke about his friend's death?
2. When might the process of trepanning be used today according to the professor?
3. Who does the Duke decide to visit on December 11th?
4. What does Mr. Hendley agree to?
5. What are the old stables on the property used for?
Essay Topic 1
There is an indication throughout the story that the Duke had a difficult childhood. Explore the relationship the Duke had with his parents. Discuss the influence this relationship had on the development of the Duke's adult personality also compare and contrast the Duke's upbringing with this current behavior and attitudes. How do these differences play a role in how the Duke thinks one should view the world?
Essay Topic 2
Thinking back throughout the story, compare the notion of trepanning with the Duke's experience at Pin Hole cave and The Camera Obscura. Explore this connection and offer an explanation for the Duke performing trepanning on himself based on these previous experiences.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the Duke's need to remember his past. Be sure to discuss why the Duke does not remember some things in his past, how he goes about remembering his past, and the effect of the knowledge of his past on the Duke's mental and physical health.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)