Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the staff and Dr. Cox decide to wait so long to tell the Duke about his friend's death?
2. When might the process of trepanning be used today according to the professor?
3. Who does the Duke decide to visit on December 11th?
4. What does Mr. Hendley agree to?
5. What are the old stables on the property used for?
Essay Topic 1
The underground tunnel system is one of the many eccentric actions of the Duke. Discuss the building of these tunnels and analyze the role they serve in this story. For example, are they a representation of anything, and do they tell the reader anything about the Duke?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the theme of mortality in this story, specifically as it is represented by the lifeless tree. Analyze the Duke's feelings about the tree and provide a discussion on the reasons why the Duke is so interested in the lifeless tree.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Duke's mental state prior to learning about phrenology to his mental state after leaning about phrenology. Include your assessment of the importance of this discovery.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)