Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the staff and Dr. Cox decide to wait so long to tell the Duke about his friend's death?
2. When might the process of trepanning be used today according to the professor?
3. Who does the Duke decide to visit on December 11th?
4. What does Mr. Hendley agree to?
5. What are the old stables on the property used for?
Essay Topic 1
A reader can look at this story in terms of milestones. Explore the various milestones during the last days of the Duke. Additionally, these milesstones each had a profound effect on the Duke. Analyze how these milestones served to either provide the Duke with information, change his thinking or mental state, or produce some other effect on the Duke.
Essay Topic 2
It is clear throughout the story that the Duke led a very isolated life. However, there are indications of townspeople who seemed to like, or at least tolerate, the Duke. Compare and contrast the various relationships the Duke had with the other characters in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the Duke's reoccurring dream. Discuss the elements of the dream that effect the Duke the most and those elements that shed light on the Duke's life and character.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)