Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the staff and Dr. Cox decide to wait so long to tell the Duke about his friend's death?
2. When might the process of trepanning be used today according to the professor?
3. Who does the Duke decide to visit on December 11th?
4. What does Mr. Hendley agree to?
5. What are the old stables on the property used for?
Essay Topic 1
It is interesting that the Duke is repulsed by Mr. Snow's appearance. However, the two are very similar. Compare and contrast the Duke and Mr. Snow. Discuss whether the Duke's feelings toward Mr. Snow are warranted.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the story the Duke has a number of interactions with others. One interaction in particular is the with two young boys he meets on the street. Explore this interaction, discuss the significance of this meeting, including why the Duke chose to engage the boys in conversation, and what the Duke learned from the boys. Also discuss how this interaction serves to move the story forward.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the theme of mortality in this story, specifically as it is represented by the lifeless tree. Analyze the Duke's feelings about the tree and provide a discussion on the reasons why the Duke is so interested in the lifeless tree.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)