Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the staff and Dr. Cox decide to wait so long to tell the Duke about his friend's death?
2. When might the process of trepanning be used today according to the professor?
3. Who does the Duke decide to visit on December 11th?
4. What does Mr. Hendley agree to?
5. What are the old stables on the property used for?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the Duke's thought process behind conducting trepanning on himself. Include in your discussion information about this process, what the Duke hoped to accomplish, and what he actually accomplished.
Essay Topic 2
The way in which the Duke dies provides a twist to this story. Discuss your thoughts on the Duke's death. Analyze why the author chose to have the Duke die by an accidental gunshot rather than another way. Also discuss what clues or evidence provided throughout the book may support the likelihood of this situation surrounding the Duke's death.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the idea of security. In particular, the Duke gains a sense of security with the map of his estate. Explore the reasoning behind this feeling and the impact it has on the Duke's desire to live a fuller life during his last days.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)