|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account," while the Duke and Mr. Hendley are in the Underground Tunnel System, what does the Duke try to persuade Mr. Hendley to do?
(a) Let the Duke ride his bike through the tunnels.
(b) Take a walk through the tunnels.
(c) Stop delivering his mail.
(d) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
2. What begins to manifest in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) The Duke's loneliness.
(b) The Duke's madness.
(c) The Duke's abillity to love.
(d) The Duke's friendships with others.
3. What does Clement post on the Duke's door on the train?
(a) A do not disturb sign.
(b) A sign that reads Specially Reserved.
(c) A black sheet so others can not see in the room.
(d) A sign with the Duke's name.
4. What is unique about the Duke's finding in one of the old stalls?
(a) It is the missing piece to his life the Duke has been searching.
(b) It revels the true amount of his fortune.
(c) It suggests he was adopted.
(d) It maps out phrenologically important lines on the skull.
5. Where does Mellor invite the Duke to?
(a) Tile Kiln & Low Close wood.
(b) Pin Hole Cave.
(d) Holbeck Village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Duke's response to the local's request on December 19th?
2. What does the professor say about the process of trepanning?
3. Where does the Duke go once in Edinburgh?
4. Who does the Duke visit on December 22nd?
5. What does the Duke generally think about man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Duke look through old family things?
2. What does the Duke learn while traveling with others in his room that is in sharp contrast to the fellowship felt while ice skating a few weeks before?
3. What happens when the Duke visits Holbeck village?
4. Why is the Duke's visit to Reverend Mellor significant?
5. What does the fellowship created on the ice teach the Duke?
6. What happens when the Duke allows locals to use his property?
7. What reduces the Duke's anxiety while he is in Camera Obscura?
8. Why does the Duke add Fowler's bust to his shrine?
9. What is the recurring dream discussed in the January 28th journal entry?
10. What is the setting like in Camera Obscura?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)