|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke find on December 13 in the store room?
(a) A microscope.
(b) A book.
(c) A telescope.
(d) A map.
2. What does Mr. Hendley and the reader learn about the Duke during his bike ride?
(a) The Duke wanted to by the Mayor.
(b) The Duke is in love with the postman's sister.
(c) The Duke learned to ride a bike as an adult.
(d) The Duke wanted to be a postman.
3. When does the Duke sense the phantom boy?
(a) All the time.
(b) Only in the underground tunnels.
(c) In the attic.
(d) When he smokes his father's briar pipe.
4. What does the Duke create with the family things he finds in the attic?
(a) A shrine.
(b) More trash.
(c) A photo album.
(d) A totem pole.
5. In another story told by the housemaid, who does the Duke ask to help him with the dumbwaiter?
(a) The butler.
(b) The housemaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the staff and Dr. Cox decide to wait so long to tell the Duke about his friend's death?
2. What does the Duke realize can happen even when surrounded by other people?
3. Where does the Duke go once in Edinburgh?
4. Why does the Duke search the attic?
5. When might the process of trepanning be used today according to the professor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reduces the Duke's anxiety while he is in Camera Obscura?
2. Why doesn't the Duke find out about Snow's death until after the funeral?
3. What is significant about the Duke traveling between January 6-11th?
4. What does Conner say about the Duke's phantom boy?
5. What does the Duke learn while traveling with others in his room that is in sharp contrast to the fellowship felt while ice skating a few weeks before?
6. How does the process of trepanning work?
7. What happens when the Duke allows locals to use his property?
8. What in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account" serves to illustrate the Duke's madness?
9. Why does the Duke think his life has been wasted?
10. How does the housemaid's account provide a glimpse into the Duke's personality as a child?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)