|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Duke sense the phantom boy?
(a) When he smokes his father's briar pipe.
(b) In the attic.
(c) Only in the underground tunnels.
(d) All the time.
2. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what is the significance of finding the bust?
(a) It provides the Duke with answers about his family.
(b) It leads to the Duke madness.
(c) It is the link between him and another family.
(d) It is the proof for his sanity.
3. What does the Duke learn to do by ice skating?
(a) Ice stake backward.
(b) Do turns on the ice.
(c) Interact with others.
(d) Be normal.
4. What does Mr. Hendley and the reader learn about the Duke during his bike ride?
(a) The Duke is in love with the postman's sister.
(b) The Duke wanted to be a postman.
(c) The Duke wanted to by the Mayor.
(d) The Duke learned to ride a bike as an adult.
5. Who does the Duke visit on December 22nd?
(a) Reverend Mellor.
(b) Mr. Bird.
(d) Dr. Cox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke do while the locals are on his property?
2. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what does Clements show the Duke?
3. What does the Duke learn while visiting with a professor at the university?
4. What does the Duke find in the attic?
5. What begins to manifest in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Duke allows locals to use his property?
2. Why does the Duke add Fowler's bust to his shrine?
3. How does the process of trepanning work?
4. What happens when the Duke visits Holbeck village?
5. Why doesn't the Duke find out about Snow's death until after the funeral?
6. How does the housemaid's account provide a glimpse into the Duke's personality as a child?
7. Why is the Duke's visit to Reverend Mellor significant?
8. What does the fellowship created on the ice teach the Duke?
9. What is the recurring dream discussed in the January 28th journal entry?
10. Why does the Duke think his life has been wasted?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)