|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Duke visit on December 22nd?
(a) Reverend Mellor.
(b) Dr. Cox.
(d) Mr. Bird.
2. What are the old stables on the property used for?
(a) The horses.
(d) Maids quarters.
3. Where does the Duke wish to transport some plates to from the kitchen?
(a) The guest house.
(b) His room.
(c) The attic.
(d) The dinning area.
4. In another story told by the housemaid, who does the Duke ask to help him with the dumbwaiter?
(c) The butler.
(d) The housemaid.
5. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," who joins the Duke in the study?
(c) Mr. Hendley.
(d) Mr. Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke insist on by allowing Clement to travel with him?
2. What was the dumbwaiter used for?
3. Who does the Duke decide to visit on December 11th?
4. How does the Duke feel skating with the others?
5. What does the Duke learn could be looked at from different perspective in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the fellowship created on the ice teach the Duke?
2. How does the process of trepanning work?
3. Why does the Duke's staff think he needs an escort while traveling?
4. What is included in the Duke's shrine?
5. What is significant about the Duke traveling between January 6-11th?
6. What is significant about the interactions between the Duke and Mr. Hendley?
7. Why is the Duke's visit to Reverend Mellor significant?
8. How does the housemaid's account provide a glimpse into the Duke's personality as a child?
9. What happens when the Duke visits Holbeck village?
10. What happens when the Duke allows locals to use his property?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)