|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke find in the attic?
(a) A wind up monkey.
(b) His family album.
(c) An old family bible.
(d) An old rocking chair.
2. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account" what does the reader learn about what the Duke thinks of himself?
(a) He is happy with his life.
(b) He wanted to do more in life.
(c) He is arrogant .
(d) He is incomplete.
3. In a final story by the housemaid what is the Duke doing in the tree?
(a) Building a tree house.
(b) Hanging by his trousers.
(d) Trying to jusp off the highest branch.
4. What does Mr. Hendley agree to?
(a) Stop the mail.
(b) Take a carriage ride through the tunnels.
(c) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
(d) Let the Duke ride his bike above ground.
5. What does the Duke create with the family things he finds in the attic?
(a) A totem pole.
(b) More trash.
(c) A photo album.
(d) A shrine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke do while the locals are on his property?
2. What does Mellor show the Duke at breakfast?
3. What does the Duke need from Reverend Mellor?
4. Where did Fowler's bust used to sit when the Duke was a child?
5. By drilling a small hole into one's skull, what does the Duke learn is released?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the Duke find out about Snow's death until after the funeral?
2. Why does the Duke allow people to skate on the ice but protests to going on the ice with them?
3. What happens in Pin Hole Cave?
4. Why does the Duke look through old family things?
5. What does Conner say about the Duke's phantom boy?
6. Why does just the presence of others reduce the loneliness the Duke feels?
7. What does the fellowship created on the ice teach the Duke?
8. Why does the Duke's staff think he needs an escort while traveling?
9. What is significant about the interactions between the Duke and Mr. Hendley?
10. What is included in the Duke's shrine?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)