|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Hendley agree to?
(a) Take a carriage ride through the tunnels.
(b) Let the Duke ride his bike above ground.
(c) Stop the mail.
(d) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
2. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what does Clements show the Duke?
(a) An ancient pair of ice skates.
(b) A map of the town.
(c) An old pipe.
(d) A picture from his youth.
3. What does the Duke do with Fowler's bust now that his father is dead?
(a) Adds it to his shrine.
(b) Buries it.
(c) Boxes it up.
(d) Breaks it.
4. How does the Duke feel skating with the others?
(b) A sense of fellowship.
5. Who dies on December 8th?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Snow.
(b) Mrs. Pledger.
(c) Mr. Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the professor say about the process of trepanning?
2. What does the Duke do while the locals are on his property?
3. What is the Duke's response to the local's request on December 19th?
4. When might the process of trepanning be used today according to the professor?
5. Why did the staff and Dr. Cox decide to wait so long to tell the Duke about his friend's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can searching for clues outside of the home help the Duke do?
2. Why does the Duke allow people to skate on the ice but protests to going on the ice with them?
3. Why is the Duke's visit to Reverend Mellor significant?
4. What in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account" serves to illustrate the Duke's madness?
5. Why does the Duke add Fowler's bust to his shrine?
6. Why doesn't the Duke find out about Snow's death until after the funeral?
7. What happens when the Duke visits Holbeck village?
8. What is significant about the Duke traveling between January 6-11th?
9. What happens when the Duke allows locals to use his property?
10. What does the Duke learn while traveling with others in his room that is in sharp contrast to the fellowship felt while ice skating a few weeks before?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)