|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke steal from the professor?
(a) A trepanning kit.
(b) A book.
(d) The keys to the lab.
2. What is unique about the Duke's finding in one of the old stalls?
(a) It maps out phrenologically important lines on the skull.
(b) It is the missing piece to his life the Duke has been searching.
(c) It suggests he was adopted.
(d) It revels the true amount of his fortune.
3. How does the Duke decide to search for clues about himself on December 21st?
(a) By intervewing the townspeople.
(b) From the outside of the house.
(c) By reading news clipings.
(d) By calling his family.
4. What begins to manifest in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) The Duke's abillity to love.
(b) The Duke's madness.
(c) The Duke's friendships with others.
(d) The Duke's loneliness.
5. Who is Mr. Hendley?
(a) The Duke's driver.
(b) Local postman.
(c) The Mayer.
(d) The butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a final story by the housemaid what is the Duke doing in the tree?
2. Where does the Duke go once in Edinburgh?
3. How does Conner react to the story of the phantom boy?
4. Based on the Mr. Hendley's account, what does the Duke have a desire to do?
5. What does the Duke find in the attic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Duke learn while traveling with others in his room that is in sharp contrast to the fellowship felt while ice skating a few weeks before?
2. What does Conner say about the Duke's phantom boy?
3. What in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account" serves to illustrate the Duke's madness?
4. How does the process of trepanning work?
5. What can searching for clues outside of the home help the Duke do?
6. Why is the Duke's visit to Reverend Mellor significant?
7. What is significant about the Duke traveling between January 6-11th?
8. Why does the Duke look through old family things?
9. What does the fellowship created on the ice teach the Duke?
10. What is the setting like in Camera Obscura?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)