|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the Mr. Hendley's account, what does the Duke have a desire to do?
(a) Have a normal career.
(b) Be wealthy.
(c) Be marries.
(d) Have children.
2. How does the Duke learn to relieve his loneliness in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) Listening to his staff.
(b) Just being in the presence of others.
(c) Making friends.
(d) Going outside.
3. Where does the Duke decide to take a walk to on December 11th?
(a) Holbeck Village.
(b) Tile Kiln & Low Close wood.
(c) Town Hall.
(d) The post office.
4. What does the Duke need from Reverend Mellor?
(a) Information on phrenology.
(b) Information on getting married in the chruch.
(c) To confinde in someone.
5. Who does the Duke visit on December 22nd?
(a) Mr. Bird.
(b) Dr. Cox.
(c) Reverend Mellor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Duke go once in Edinburgh?
2. What does the Duke learn could be looked at from different perspective in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
3. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," who joins the Duke in the study?
4. Who does the Duke decide to visit on December 11th?
5. When might the process of trepanning be used today according to the professor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the recurring dream discussed in the January 28th journal entry?
2. How does the housemaid's account provide a glimpse into the Duke's personality as a child?
3. What happens in Pin Hole Cave?
4. What is the setting like in Camera Obscura?
5. What does the fellowship created on the ice teach the Duke?
6. What happens when the Duke allows locals to use his property?
7. What does the Duke learn while traveling with others in his room that is in sharp contrast to the fellowship felt while ice skating a few weeks before?
8. How does the process of trepanning work?
9. Why does the Duke's staff think he needs an escort while traveling?
10. Why is the Duke's visit to Reverend Mellor significant?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)