|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies on December 8th?
(b) Mr. Bird.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Snow.
(d) Mrs. Pledger.
2. What is the Duke able to be with many layers of clothing while ice skating?
(a) Protected if he falls.
3. Who recounts three anecdotes involving the Duke?
(a) An anonymous housemaid.
(c) Professor Bannister.
(d) Mr. Walker.
4. When does the Duke find out about a friend's death?
(a) 2 days after the death.
(b) 3 days after the death.
(c) 4 days after the death.
(d) 5 days after the death.
5. What does Clements force the Duke to do?
(a) Join the locals in ice skating.
(b) Take his medince.
(c) Make the locals leave the property.
(d) Take a bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Duke feel in his reoccurring dream?
2. Who is Mr. Hendley?
3. Where does the Duke wish to transport some plates to from the kitchen?
4. How does the Duke decide to search for clues about himself on December 21st?
5. What does Mr. Hendley agree to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the housemaid's account provide a glimpse into the Duke's personality as a child?
2. What is included in the Duke's shrine?
3. Why doesn't the Duke find out about Snow's death until after the funeral?
4. What happens in Pin Hole Cave?
5. What does the Duke learn while traveling with others in his room that is in sharp contrast to the fellowship felt while ice skating a few weeks before?
6. What in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account" serves to illustrate the Duke's madness?
7. How does the process of trepanning work?
8. Why is the Duke's visit to Reverend Mellor significant?
9. What reduces the Duke's anxiety while he is in Camera Obscura?
10. Why does just the presence of others reduce the loneliness the Duke feels?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)