|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clement post on the Duke's door on the train?
(a) A do not disturb sign.
(b) A sign that reads Specially Reserved.
(c) A black sheet so others can not see in the room.
(d) A sign with the Duke's name.
2. What do the locals ask the Duke for on December 19th?
(a) A place to sleep.
(b) A dontaion.
(c) To skate on his lake.
(d) A tour of the tunnels.
3. When might the process of trepanning be used today according to the professor?
(a) To cure the mentally insane.
(b) To release evil spirits.
(c) For most criminals.
(d) To release brain hemmoraging.
4. How does the Duke feel in his reoccurring dream?
5. In another story told by the housemaid, who does the Duke ask to help him with the dumbwaiter?
(a) The housemaid.
(d) The butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Conner react to the story of the phantom boy?
2. What does Clements force the Duke to do?
3. What does the Duke learn to do by ice skating?
4. What does the Duke do with Fowler's bust now that his father is dead?
5. What does the Duke generally think about man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Pin Hole Cave?
2. What is included in the Duke's shrine?
3. What in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account" serves to illustrate the Duke's madness?
4. What is significant about the Duke traveling between January 6-11th?
5. Why does just the presence of others reduce the loneliness the Duke feels?
6. How does the housemaid's account provide a glimpse into the Duke's personality as a child?
7. What does the fellowship created on the ice teach the Duke?
8. Why is the Duke's visit to Reverend Mellor significant?
9. Why does the Duke look through old family things?
10. Why does the Duke add Fowler's bust to his shrine?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)