|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke steal from the professor?
(a) A book.
(b) The keys to the lab.
(c) A trepanning kit.
2. What does the Duke learn to do by ice skating?
(a) Be normal.
(b) Ice stake backward.
(c) Do turns on the ice.
(d) Interact with others.
3. How does the Duke learn to relieve his loneliness in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) Just being in the presence of others.
(b) Going outside.
(c) Making friends.
(d) Listening to his staff.
4. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account," while the Duke and Mr. Hendley are in the Underground Tunnel System, what does the Duke try to persuade Mr. Hendley to do?
(a) Let the Duke ride his bike through the tunnels.
(b) Stop delivering his mail.
(c) Take a walk through the tunnels.
(d) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
5. Who recounts three anecdotes involving the Duke?
(a) An anonymous housemaid.
(b) Mr. Walker.
(c) Professor Bannister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Duke decide to search for clues about himself on December 21st?
2. What begins to manifest in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
3. How does the Duke feel skating with the others?
4. In a final story by the housemaid what is the Duke doing in the tree?
5. Where does Mellor invite the Duke to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Duke learn while traveling with others in his room that is in sharp contrast to the fellowship felt while ice skating a few weeks before?
2. What is included in the Duke's shrine?
3. What is significant about the Duke traveling between January 6-11th?
4. How does the housemaid's account provide a glimpse into the Duke's personality as a child?
5. Why doesn't the Duke find out about Snow's death until after the funeral?
6. What is the setting like in Camera Obscura?
7. What does the fellowship created on the ice teach the Duke?
8. How does the process of trepanning work?
9. Why does the Duke think his life has been wasted?
10. What does Conner say about the Duke's phantom boy?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)