|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mellor invite the Duke to?
(a) Tile Kiln & Low Close wood.
(c) Pin Hole Cave.
(d) Holbeck Village.
2. What does Mr. Hendley agree to?
(a) Stop the mail.
(b) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
(c) Let the Duke ride his bike above ground.
(d) Take a carriage ride through the tunnels.
3. What does the Duke do while the locals are on his property?
(b) Watches them.
(c) Joins them.
(d) Yells at them.
4. What is the Duke's response to the local's request on December 19th?
(a) He grants it.
(b) He charges them a fee.
(c) He runs the locals off by yelling at them.
(d) He denies it.
5. What does the Duke find in the attic?
(a) A wind up monkey.
(b) His family album.
(c) An old family bible.
(d) An old rocking chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke generally think about man?
2. What does the Duke need from Reverend Mellor?
3. What does the Duke learn to do by ice skating?
4. Who recounts three anecdotes involving the Duke?
5. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's mother doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Duke allows locals to use his property?
2. What can searching for clues outside of the home help the Duke do?
3. Why does the Duke allow people to skate on the ice but protests to going on the ice with them?
4. What is the setting like in Camera Obscura?
5. What does Conner say about the Duke's phantom boy?
6. Why does the Duke think his life has been wasted?
7. What happens in Pin Hole Cave?
8. What does the fellowship created on the ice teach the Duke?
9. Why does the Duke look through old family things?
10. Why doesn't the Duke find out about Snow's death until after the funeral?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)