|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Duke visit on December 22nd?
(b) Mr. Bird.
(c) Reverend Mellor.
(d) Dr. Cox.
2. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's mother doing?
(c) Reading a book.
3. When does the Duke sense the phantom boy?
(a) In the attic.
(b) When he smokes his father's briar pipe.
(c) All the time.
(d) Only in the underground tunnels.
4. Why does the Duke search the attic?
(a) He is looking for family memories.
(b) He is looking for clues about himslef.
(c) He is looking for his parents' will.
(d) He wants to clean it out.
5. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," who joins the Duke in the study?
(a) Mr. Bird.
(c) Mr. Hendley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke find in the attic?
2. How does the Duke feel in his reoccurring dream?
3. Who does the Duke decide to visit on December 11th?
4. What does the Duke steal from the professor?
5. What does the Duke do with Fowler's bust now that his father is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is included in the Duke's shrine?
2. Why is the Duke's visit to Reverend Mellor significant?
3. What is the recurring dream discussed in the January 28th journal entry?
4. What does the fellowship created on the ice teach the Duke?
5. What in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account" serves to illustrate the Duke's madness?
6. How does the housemaid's account provide a glimpse into the Duke's personality as a child?
7. What can searching for clues outside of the home help the Duke do?
8. Why does just the presence of others reduce the loneliness the Duke feels?
9. How does the process of trepanning work?
10. What is significant about the interactions between the Duke and Mr. Hendley?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)