|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Duke feel in his reoccurring dream?
2. How does the Duke decide to search for clues about himself on December 21st?
(a) By reading news clipings.
(b) From the outside of the house.
(c) By calling his family.
(d) By intervewing the townspeople.
3. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's mother doing?
(d) Reading a book.
4. Where does the Duke wish to transport some plates to from the kitchen?
(a) The attic.
(b) His room.
(c) The guest house.
(d) The dinning area.
5. What does the Duke insist on by allowing Clement to travel with him?
(a) He pretends not to know the Duke.
(b) He travel in a seperate carriage.
(c) He comes only for one day.
(d) He stays in the next town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the Duke's finding in one of the old stalls?
2. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what is the significance of finding the bust?
3. What does Mr. Hendley and the reader learn about the Duke during his bike ride?
4. What type of assistance does the Duke request of a housemaid in one account discussed in "From His Grace's Journal to Housemaid's Account?"
5. What does the Duke generally think about man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can searching for clues outside of the home help the Duke do?
2. What is significant about the Duke traveling between January 6-11th?
3. What reduces the Duke's anxiety while he is in Camera Obscura?
4. What happens when the Duke allows locals to use his property?
5. Why is the Duke's visit to Reverend Mellor significant?
6. What is the setting like in Camera Obscura?
7. Why doesn't the Duke find out about Snow's death until after the funeral?
8. How does the process of trepanning work?
9. Why does the Duke add Fowler's bust to his shrine?
10. What happens in Pin Hole Cave?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)