|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of assistance does the Duke request of a housemaid in one account discussed in "From His Grace's Journal to Housemaid's Account?"
(a) Locate a map.
(b) Locate his parents.
(c) Locate a cart.
(d) Clean his room.
2. In the story from the Duke's childhood as told by the housemaid, once the Duke has a cart, what does he ask the housemaid to do with it?
(a) Push him around in it.
(b) Move the dishes from one room to the next.
(c) Pull off the wheels of the cart.
(d) Take the cart to his room.
3. What does the Duke steal from the professor?
(a) A trepanning kit.
(b) The keys to the lab.
(c) A book.
4. What does the Duke learn while visiting with a professor at the university?
(a) The meaning of happiness.
(b) The process of trepanning.
(c) How to read palms.
(d) The rules of education.
5. Based on the Mr. Hendley's account, what does the Duke have a desire to do?
(a) Be marries.
(b) Have children.
(c) Have a normal career.
(d) Be wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Duke go once in Edinburgh?
2. Who joins the Duke on the train?
3. What is the Duke able to be with many layers of clothing while ice skating?
4. What begins to manifest in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
5. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what does Clements show the Duke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account" serves to illustrate the Duke's madness?
2. Why does the Duke's staff think he needs an escort while traveling?
3. Why does just the presence of others reduce the loneliness the Duke feels?
4. What does the Duke learn while traveling with others in his room that is in sharp contrast to the fellowship felt while ice skating a few weeks before?
5. What can searching for clues outside of the home help the Duke do?
6. What is included in the Duke's shrine?
7. What is the setting like in Camera Obscura?
8. Why does the Duke look through old family things?
9. What happens when the Duke visits Holbeck village?
10. How does the process of trepanning work?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)