|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who insists that Clement travel with the Duke?
(b) Dr. Cox.
(c) Mrs. Pledger.
(d) Mr. Bird.
2. What does the Duke realize can happen even when surrounded by other people?
(a) You usually have a lot in common.
(b) You can be happy.
(c) Others bother the Duke.
(d) You can still feel lonely.
3. What do the locals ask the Duke for on December 19th?
(a) A dontaion.
(b) A place to sleep.
(c) To skate on his lake.
(d) A tour of the tunnels.
4. When does the Duke travel to Edinburgh?
(a) December 20-24th.
(b) January 6-11th.
(c) January 28th.
(d) January 12-13th.
5. Who does the Duke decide to visit on December 11th?
(a) Mr. Bird.
(c) Reverend Mellor.
(d) Dr. Cox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of assistance does the Duke request of a housemaid in one account discussed in "From His Grace's Journal to Housemaid's Account?"
2. What does Clements force the Duke to do?
3. How does the Duke feel skating with the others?
4. What does Mr. Hendley agree to?
5. What does the professor say about the process of trepanning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting like in Camera Obscura?
2. What can searching for clues outside of the home help the Duke do?
3. Why is the Duke's visit to Reverend Mellor significant?
4. What does the fellowship created on the ice teach the Duke?
5. What reduces the Duke's anxiety while he is in Camera Obscura?
6. Why does the Duke's staff think he needs an escort while traveling?
7. What in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account" serves to illustrate the Duke's madness?
8. Why does the Duke think his life has been wasted?
9. What is significant about the Duke traveling between January 6-11th?
10. Why doesn't the Duke find out about Snow's death until after the funeral?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)