|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Duke's reputation based on?
(a) Idle converstaion.
(c) First hand accounts.
2. What does the energy of life's eternal flame influence?
(a) How outgoing one is.
(b) When one will die.
(c) How active one is.
(d) One's happiness.
3. What is the condition of the Duke's body?
4. Where does the Duke take a walk to on October 27th?
(a) Town Hall.
(b) Tile Kiln & Low Close Wood.
(d) The post office.
5. What type of work does Mr. Bowen do for the Duke?
(a) Carriage driver.
(c) Manufactures ornaments for the tunnel system.
Short Answer Questions
1. In From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account, why does the Duke state that the trees losing their leaves?
2. How much land do the tunnels cover?
3. Whose accounts supplement the Duke's entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
4. Why is Dr. Cox summoned?
5. According to Mr. Bird, what is the Duke's reputation among the townspeople?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Duke interested in one particular tree on his estate?
2. What do the Oakely sisters tell the Duke concerning the beef essence?
3. What thoughts does the memory of a dead sparrow bring to the Duke?
4. Why does it seem that Mr. Bird does not mind the Duke's eccentricities?
5. What is the significance of reading Mr. Bird's point of view within the Duke's journal?
6. Based on the scene in the laundry room, how does Mrs. Pladger feel about the Duke?
7. Describe the Duke's theory on cleanliness.
8. What information do the accounts of Mr. Grimshaw and Bowen provide the reader?
9. How could one explain the rumor of the Duke being horribly deformed?
10. Who are the Duke's employees that add information in "From His Graces Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)