|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How might the Duke appear to an outsider?
2. How does Mr. Bird feel about the rumors about the Duke?
(a) He started many of them.
(b) He denies they are true.
(c) He confirms them.
(d) He does not belive them.
3. What about two young boys impresses the Duke?
(a) Their style.
(b) Their manners.
(c) Their energy.
(d) Their intelligence.
4. What technique of remembering is successful for the Duke?
(a) Smells and sounds.
(b) Writing things down.
(c) Thinking backward.
(d) Recording his thoughts.
5. In addition to the woman who rums the laundry room, how many girls work there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke think a bad night's sleep leaves?
2. How does Fanny Adelaide play a role in "His Graces Journal to a Local Woman's Account?"
3. What does the Duke feel about the loss of one's memory?
4. What does the Duke admit to experiencing?
5. Where does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account" serves to illustrate the Duke's madness?
2. What is the recurring dream discussed in the January 28th journal entry?
3. What information does the phrenology chart provide the Duke?
4. What is included in the Duke's shrine?
5. What happens in Pin Hole Cave?
6. Why does just the presence of others reduce the loneliness the Duke feels?
7. Based on the scene in the laundry room, how does Mrs. Pladger feel about the Duke?
8. What comparisons can be made between the Duke and the condition of the leafless trees?
9. How is the Duke's imagination revealed with the soap bubbles in the laundry room sink?
10. What is the result of the Duke's use of the trepanning kit?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)