|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of the last entry of "From His Grace's Journal to Mr Bird's Account?"
(a) October 5th.
(b) October 1st.
(c) October 10th.
(d) October 15th.
2. Who is the Duke's former gardener?
(a) Mr. Pledger.
(b) Mr. Pedington.
(c) Mr. Beaumont.
(d) Mr. Snow.
3. What does the Duke think about Mr. Bird's gift?
(a) He loves the gift.
(b) It is too small.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) There are many flaws.
4. According to the Duke, what determines the way one's life unravels?
(a) An internal flame.
(c) Planned actions.
5. How does the Duke feel during his carriage rides through the tunnel system?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of one of the Duke's dogs?
2. What is unique about this job from Mr. Bird's standpoint?
3. What is the condition of Mr. Snow's memories?
4. Whose accounts supplement the Duke's entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
5. Where does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Duke feel as he walks through the tunnel system?
2. What is the significance of learning that the gamekeeper has a dog?
3. How large are the tunnels in the underground tunnel system?
4. Describe the Duke's theory on cleanliness.
5. How does the Duke get around in his underground tunnel system?
6. What comparisons can be made between the Duke and the condition of the leafless trees?
7. How is the Duke's imagination revealed with the soap bubbles in the laundry room sink?
8. What does the Duke say about his grooming regime?
9. What does the Duke think about when reminiscing about Fanny Adelaide?
10. What does Dr. Cox think about the Duke?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)