|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does the Duke has a fondness for?
2. How does Mr. Bird feel about the rumors about the Duke?
(a) He denies they are true.
(b) He does not belive them.
(c) He confirms them.
(d) He started many of them.
3. Who does the Duke visit on October 15th?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Snow.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Beaumont.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Pedington.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Pledger.
4. Why is the Duke hesitant to seek help from his parents as a child?
(a) They did not like when he spoke.
(b) They are never around.
(c) They do not understand him.
(d) They can not help him.
5. How much land do the tunnels cover?
(a) 1 acre.
(b) 8 miles.
(c) 17 miles.
(d) 12 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Duke looking for on the morning of October 14th?
2. Based on the first chapter, "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bird's Account" what could be said about the Duke's mental health?
3. In addition to the woman who rums the laundry room, how many girls work there?
4. Where does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
5. Why is Dr. Cox summoned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does it seem that Mr. Bird does not mind the Duke's eccentricities?
2. Why does the Duke think he must escape his estate quickly?
3. How does the Duke feel during his carriage rides?
4. How is the map that Mr. Bird gives the Duke Flawed?
5. What is the significance of learning that the gamekeeper has a dog?
6. What becomes more noticeable to the Duke as he ages?
7. How could one explain the rumor of the Duke being horribly deformed?
8. Who are the Duke's employees that add information in "From His Graces Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
9. Why is the Duke so horrified by Mr. Snow's appearance?
10. What does the Duke think about when reminiscing about Fanny Adelaide?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)