|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fanny Adelaide do for a living?
(d) Theatre performer.
2. Who visits the Duke October 10th to discuss a job?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A garden landscaper.
3. What does the Duke feel about the loss of one's memory?
(a) It is an unusual occurance.
(b) It will never happen to him.
(c) It is a natural progression.
(d) It is also the loss of one's self.
4. How does the Duke know Fanny Adelaide?
(a) She and the Duke were engaged.
(b) She is the Duke's maid.
(c) She is the Duke's wife.
(d) She is in love with the Duke.
5. What is the condition of Mr. Snow's memories?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Bird feel about the rumors about the Duke?
2. What is the main topic concerning the Duke's grooming regime?
3. How does Mr. Grimshaw feel about the Duke keeping a graveyard for the horses?
4. When is Dr. Cox summoned to the Duke's estate?
5. How does the Duke feel after seeing Mr. Snow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Duke think he must escape his estate quickly?
2. What is the significance of learning that the gamekeeper has a dog?
3. What does the Duke say about his grooming regime?
4. Describe the Duke's theory on cleanliness.
5. What information do the accounts of Mr. Grimshaw and Bowen provide the reader?
6. What does the Duke think about trying the beef essence?
7. How is the Duke's imagination revealed with the soap bubbles in the laundry room sink?
8. What is the significance of reading Mr. Bird's point of view within the Duke's journal?
9. What does the Duke think about when reminiscing about Fanny Adelaide?
10. What is the second part of the Duke's journal entry for October 16th?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)