|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dr. Cox summoned?
(a) The Duke's horses are ill.
(b) The Duke has discomfort in his back.
(c) The Duke cannot walk.
(d) The Duke has a stomach ache.
2. How does Fanny Adelaide play a role in "His Graces Journal to a Local Woman's Account?"
(a) The Duke reminices about her.
(b) She fights with the Duke.
(c) She introduces the Duke to her sister.
(d) She moves in with the Duke.
3. What animal does the Duke has a fondness for?
4. How does Fanny Adelaide die?
(b) Old age.
(c) Eating bad fish.
(d) Falls off a bridge.
5. What are the characters who the Duke meets on November 2 doing?
(a) Walking to school.
(b) Harrassing the passerbys.
(d) Playing an unruly game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the first chapter, "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bird's Account" what could be said about the Duke's mental health?
2. Whose account is included with the Duke's in "From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account?"
3. Where does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
4. Why is the Duke hesitant to seek help from his parents as a child?
5. What does the Duke want built on his estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Duke's theory on cleanliness.
2. What is the second part of the Duke's journal entry for October 16th?
3. What is the purpose of the underground tunnel system?
4. Why does the Duke think he must escape his estate quickly?
5. What does the Duke think about trying the beef essence?
6. What thoughts does the memory of a dead sparrow bring to the Duke?
7. Why do the townspeople spread rumors about the Duke?
8. What does the Duke feel as he walks through the tunnel system?
9. Who are the Duke's employees that add information in "From His Graces Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
10. How is the map that Mr. Bird gives the Duke Flawed?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)