|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the rumors spread about the Duke?
(a) He is poor.
(b) He hunts big foot.
(c) He is deformed.
(d) He lives with a mad man.
2. How long has the Duke been going bald?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 30 years.
3. What is the condition of Mr. Snow's memories?
4. What does the Duke think a crow represents?
5. What does Fanny Adelaide do for a living?
(d) Theatre performer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic of the Duke suggests mental instability?
2. How does Fanny Adelaide play a role in "His Graces Journal to a Local Woman's Account?"
3. How does Mr. Bird feel about the rumors about the Duke?
4. What does the Duke want built on his estate?
5. Who does the Duke visit on October 15th?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Cox think about the Duke?
2. What is the significance of reading Mr. Bird's point of view within the Duke's journal?
3. Based on the scene in the laundry room, how does Mrs. Pladger feel about the Duke?
4. What does the Duke feel as he walks through the tunnel system?
5. How is the Duke's imagination revealed with the soap bubbles in the laundry room sink?
6. What becomes more noticeable to the Duke as he ages?
7. What thoughts does the memory of a dead sparrow bring to the Duke?
8. What information do the accounts of Mr. Grimshaw and Bowen provide the reader?
9. What is the purpose of the underground tunnel system?
10. How does the Duke feel during his carriage rides?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)