|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic of the Duke suggests mental instability?
(a) He yells for no reason.
(b) He cries when he wants to laugh.
(c) He is easily distracted.
(d) He forgets everything.
2. How does Fanny Adelaide play a role in "His Graces Journal to a Local Woman's Account?"
(a) She moves in with the Duke.
(b) She fights with the Duke.
(c) The Duke reminices about her.
(d) She introduces the Duke to her sister.
3. What does the Duke think a bad night's sleep leaves?
(a) One more tired.
(b) A bad small in the room.
(d) A distinct trace on the bed sheets.
4. In addition to the woman who rums the laundry room, how many girls work there?
5. How does the Duke feel during his carriage rides through the tunnel system?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Bowen admit to doing at the pub?
2. How much land do the tunnels cover?
3. How might the Duke appear to an outsider?
4. When does the Duke use the tunnel system for the first time?
5. How long does the tunnel system take to build?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Duke shave his head and beard?
2. What is the result of the Duke's use of the trepanning kit?
3. Why is the Duke so horrified by Mr. Snow's appearance?
4. What reduces the Duke's anxiety while he is in Camera Obscura?
5. What does the Duke imagine in terms of the little homunculi within the brain?
6. What becomes more noticeable to the Duke as he ages?
7. How does the housemaid's account provide a glimpse into the Duke's personality as a child?
8. What does the Duke think about trying the beef essence?
9. Why does the Duke add Fowler's bust to his shrine?
10. How does the process of trepanning work?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)