|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about this job from Mr. Bird's standpoint?
(a) He was paid triple.
(b) It was his smallest job.
(c) It is his largest job.
(d) He was not paid.
2. What does the Duke think a bad night's sleep leaves?
(b) One more tired.
(c) A distinct trace on the bed sheets.
(d) A bad small in the room.
3. When does the Duke use the tunnel system for the first time?
(a) October 15th.
(b) October 17th.
(c) October 14th.
(d) October 16th.
4. Who is the Duke's former gardener?
(a) Mr. Beaumont.
(b) Mr. Snow.
(c) Mr. Pedington.
(d) Mr. Pledger.
5. What characteristic of the Duke suggests mental instability?
(a) He is easily distracted.
(b) He cries when he wants to laugh.
(c) He yells for no reason.
(d) He forgets everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Bowen admit to doing at the pub?
2. What is the job title of Mr. Grimshaw?
3. Who visits the Duke October 10th to discuss a job?
4. How long does the tunnel system take to build?
5. What is Mr. Snow's condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Duke think he must escape his estate quickly?
2. What does Dr. Cox think about the Duke?
3. How large are the tunnels in the underground tunnel system?
4. What does the Duke think about trying the beef essence?
5. Based on the scene in the laundry room, how does Mrs. Pladger feel about the Duke?
6. What does the Duke feel as he walks through the tunnel system?
7. Describe the Duke's theory on cleanliness.
8. Why do the townspeople spread rumors about the Duke?
9. What is the purpose of the underground tunnel system?
10. Who are the Duke's employees that add information in "From His Graces Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)