Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does the Duke has a fondness for?
2. What does the boy's energy remind the Duke of?
(a) His childhood.
(b) A dead sparrow.
3. What does the Duke want built on his estate?
(a) A patio.
(b) A guest house.
(c) A maze garden.
(d) A tunnel system.
4. How many tunnels were built?
5. What is the Duke distracted by in the laundry room?
(a) Soap bubbles.
(b) The other girls.
(c) The washing machine.
(d) The odor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duke meet on October 5th?
2. What is the condition of the Duke's body?
3. What does the Duke encounter on the morning of September 30?
4. What is the condition of Mr. Snow's memories?
5. When does the Duke use the tunnel system for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the recurring dream discussed in the January 28th journal entry?
2. How is the map that Mr. Bird gives the Duke Flawed?
3. What is the main theme in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Walker's Account?"
4. Why does the Duke allow people to skate on the ice but protests to going on the ice with them?
5. How does the Duke get around in his underground tunnel system?
6. Why does the Duke think his life has been wasted?
7. What is significant about the interactions between the Duke and Mr. Hendley?
8. What does the Duke learn while traveling with others in his room that is in sharp contrast to the fellowship felt while ice skating a few weeks before?
9. Who are the Duke's employees that add information in "From His Graces Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
10. Why does the Duke add Fowler's bust to his shrine?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)