|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work does Mr. Bowen do for the Duke?
(a) Manufactures ornaments for the tunnel system.
(d) Carriage driver.
2. How does Mr. Bird feel about the rumors about the Duke?
(a) He denies they are true.
(b) He started many of them.
(c) He does not belive them.
(d) He confirms them.
3. Who is the Duke's former gardener?
(a) Mr. Snow.
(b) Mr. Beaumont.
(c) Mr. Pedington.
(d) Mr. Pledger.
4. Why is Dr. Cox summoned?
(a) The Duke has discomfort in his back.
(b) The Duke has a stomach ache.
(c) The Duke's horses are ill.
(d) The Duke cannot walk.
5. How does the Duke know Fanny Adelaide?
(a) She and the Duke were engaged.
(b) She is the Duke's wife.
(c) She is the Duke's maid.
(d) She is in love with the Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke encounter on the morning of September 30?
2. What is the main topic concerning the Duke's grooming regime?
3. How does Fanny Adelaide die?
4. How much land do the tunnels cover?
5. What mental illness is suggested by the Duke's mood swings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Duke's theory on cleanliness.
2. What does the Duke think about when reminiscing about Fanny Adelaide?
3. Why does it seem that Mr. Bird does not mind the Duke's eccentricities?
4. What comparisons can be made between the Duke and the condition of the leafless trees?
5. Why does the Duke think he must escape his estate quickly?
6. How does the Duke get around in his underground tunnel system?
7. What is the significance of learning that the gamekeeper has a dog?
8. How is the map that Mr. Bird gives the Duke Flawed?
9. Based on the scene in the laundry room, how does Mrs. Pladger feel about the Duke?
10. What thoughts does the memory of a dead sparrow bring to the Duke?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)