|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic of the Duke suggests mental instability?
(a) He is easily distracted.
(b) He cries when he wants to laugh.
(c) He forgets everything.
(d) He yells for no reason.
2. Who visits the Duke October 10th to discuss a job?
(a) A garden landscaper.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) A doctor.
3. What are the characters who the Duke meets on November 2 doing?
(a) Walking to school.
(b) Playing an unruly game.
(c) Harrassing the passerbys.
4. How many tunnels were built?
5. Who does the Duke meet on November 2 while walking home from the post office?
(a) 2 young boys.
(b) The preacher.
(c) An old woman.
(d) The Mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Duke write about his grooming regime?
2. Whose account is included with the Duke's in "From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account?"
3. In addition to the woman who rums the laundry room, how many girls work there?
4. What is the date of the first journal entry?
5. What is the condition of the Duke's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the second part of the Duke's journal entry for October 16th?
2. How large are the tunnels in the underground tunnel system?
3. What does the Duke think about when reminiscing about Fanny Adelaide?
4. Why is the Duke so horrified by Mr. Snow's appearance?
5. How is the Duke's imagination revealed with the soap bubbles in the laundry room sink?
6. How does the Duke get around in his underground tunnel system?
7. What is the significance of reading Mr. Bird's point of view within the Duke's journal?
8. What does Dr. Cox think about the Duke?
9. Why does the Duke think he must escape his estate quickly?
10. Why do the townspeople spread rumors about the Duke?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)