|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Fanny Adelaide have?
2. What is one of the rumors spread about the Duke?
(a) He is poor.
(b) He is deformed.
(c) He lives with a mad man.
(d) He hunts big foot.
3. Who does the Duke meet on October 5th?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A gamekeeper.
(c) A preist.
(d) A teacher.
4. What does the Duke admit to experiencing?
(d) Dramatic mood swings.
5. What is sensitive to the condition of the eternal flame?
(a) One's tolerance for cold.
(b) One's eyesight.
(c) One's life.
(d) One's hearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of Mr. Snow's memories?
2. Whose point of view is added in after the Duke's journal entries?
3. What does Mr. Bird know about why the tunnels were built?
4. What is the Duke looking for on the morning of October 14th?
5. What does the Duke write about in the first part of his October 16th journal entry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the townspeople spread rumors about the Duke?
2. What does the Duke think about trying the beef essence?
3. How is the map that Mr. Bird gives the Duke Flawed?
4. Why does the Duke think he must escape his estate quickly?
5. What is the purpose of the underground tunnel system?
6. What becomes more noticeable to the Duke as he ages?
7. What comparisons can be made between the Duke and the condition of the leafless trees?
8. What information do the accounts of Mr. Grimshaw and Bowen provide the reader?
9. Why is the Duke interested in one particular tree on his estate?
10. How does the Duke get around in his underground tunnel system?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)