|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of one of the Duke's dogs?
(b) Mr. Brown.
2. What do the gamekeeper's niece and nephew ride when they visit?
(a) A large dog.
(b) A pony.
(c) A cow.
(d) A bike.
3. What is sensitive to the condition of the eternal flame?
(a) One's tolerance for cold.
(b) One's hearing.
(c) One's eyesight.
(d) One's life.
4. What is unique about this job from Mr. Bird's standpoint?
(a) It is his largest job.
(b) He was not paid.
(c) He was paid triple.
(d) It was his smallest job.
5. What gift does Mr. Bird give the Duke on October 22?
(a) A horse.
(b) A coin.
(c) A map.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main topic concerning the Duke's grooming regime?
2. What does the Duke use the tunnel for initially?
3. How might the Duke appear to an outsider?
4. Whose account is included with the Duke's in "From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account?"
5. Why is Dr. Cox summoned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the underground tunnel system?
2. What does Dr. Cox think about the Duke?
3. Why is the Duke interested in one particular tree on his estate?
4. What information do the accounts of Mr. Grimshaw and Bowen provide the reader?
5. How could one explain the rumor of the Duke being horribly deformed?
6. What is the significance of reading Mr. Bird's point of view within the Duke's journal?
7. Why does the Duke think he must escape his estate quickly?
8. What thoughts does the memory of a dead sparrow bring to the Duke?
9. How is the Duke's imagination revealed with the soap bubbles in the laundry room sink?
10. How does the Duke feel during his carriage rides?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)