|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke spend his last few months of life trying to do?
(a) Make friends.
(b) Sell his estate.
(c) Justify his lonely existance.
(d) Live a more complete life.
2. What is the job title of Mr. Grimshaw?
(d) Carriage driver.
3. What is the name of one of the Duke's dogs?
(a) Mr. Brown.
4. What is the Duke distracted by in the laundry room?
(a) The odor.
(b) The washing machine.
(c) Soap bubbles.
(d) The other girls.
5. In From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account, why does the Duke state that the trees losing their leaves?
(a) It is autumn.
(b) There is a drought.
(c) They do not get enough sun.
(d) They have been chopped down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the characters who the Duke meets on November 2 doing?
2. What does the Duke write about in the first part of his October 16th journal entry?
3. Whose account is included with the Duke's in "From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account?"
4. Where does the Duke take a walk to on October 27th?
5. What animal does the Duke has a fondness for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Duke feel during his carriage rides?
2. How could one explain the rumor of the Duke being horribly deformed?
3. How large are the tunnels in the underground tunnel system?
4. Why does the Duke think he must escape his estate quickly?
5. What does the Duke think about when reminiscing about Fanny Adelaide?
6. What comparisons can be made between the Duke and the condition of the leafless trees?
7. What information do the accounts of Mr. Grimshaw and Bowen provide the reader?
8. How is the Duke's imagination revealed with the soap bubbles in the laundry room sink?
9. What does the Duke say about his grooming regime?
10. What is the purpose of the underground tunnel system?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)