|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Duke, what determines the way one's life unravels?
(c) An internal flame.
(d) Planned actions.
2. In addition to the woman who rums the laundry room, how many girls work there?
3. How does the Duke feel about what he sees on the morning of September 30th?
4. Whose account is included with the Duke's in "From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account?"
(a) A local woman.
(b) Mrs. Bird.
(c) Mrs. Snow.
(d) Mrs. Beaumont.
5. How does Mr. Bird feel about the rumors about the Duke?
(a) He does not belive them.
(b) He started many of them.
(c) He confirms them.
(d) He denies they are true.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs the laundry room?
2. In From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account, why does the Duke state that the trees losing their leaves?
3. How does the Duke know Fanny Adelaide?
4. What does the Duke think about Mr. Bird's gift?
5. What does the Duke spend his last few months of life trying to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Duke interested in one particular tree on his estate?
2. How does the Duke feel during his carriage rides?
3. What is the second part of the Duke's journal entry for October 16th?
4. What does the Duke think about when reminiscing about Fanny Adelaide?
5. Why do the townspeople spread rumors about the Duke?
6. What is the significance of reading Mr. Bird's point of view within the Duke's journal?
7. What do the Oakely sisters tell the Duke concerning the beef essence?
8. What is the significance of learning that the gamekeeper has a dog?
9. How could one explain the rumor of the Duke being horribly deformed?
10. What information do the accounts of Mr. Grimshaw and Bowen provide the reader?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)