|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Duke meet on November 2 while walking home from the post office?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) 2 young boys.
(c) An old woman.
(d) The preacher.
2. What does the energy of life's eternal flame influence?
(a) How active one is.
(b) When one will die.
(c) How outgoing one is.
(d) One's happiness.
3. Who does the Duke visit on October 15th?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Pedington.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Pledger.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Snow.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Beaumont.
4. When does the Duke use the tunnel system for the first time?
(a) October 14th.
(b) October 15th.
(c) October 16th.
(d) October 17th.
5. What does the Duke feel about the loss of one's memory?
(a) It will never happen to him.
(b) It is an unusual occurance.
(c) It is also the loss of one's self.
(d) It is a natural progression.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to the woman who rums the laundry room, how many girls work there?
2. What does Mr. Bird know about why the tunnels were built?
3. How does Mr. Bird feel about the rumors about the Duke?
4. What is the Duke looking for on the morning of October 14th?
5. How does the Duke feel after seeing Mr. Snow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Duke think about trying the beef essence?
2. Based on the scene in the laundry room, how does Mrs. Pladger feel about the Duke?
3. How could one explain the rumor of the Duke being horribly deformed?
4. What is the significance of learning that the gamekeeper has a dog?
5. What is the second part of the Duke's journal entry for October 16th?
6. What do the Oakely sisters tell the Duke concerning the beef essence?
7. How does the Duke get around in his underground tunnel system?
8. What information do the accounts of Mr. Grimshaw and Bowen provide the reader?
9. How large are the tunnels in the underground tunnel system?
10. Why is the Duke interested in one particular tree on his estate?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)