|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of the Duke's body?
2. Whose point of view is added in after the Duke's journal entries?
(a) The maid's
(b) Mr. Bird's.
(c) The Duke's wife.
(d) The Duke as a child.
3. What does Mr. Bowen admit to doing at the pub?
(a) Getting too drunk.
(b) Not paying.
(c) Spreading gossip about the Duke.
(d) Getting into fights.
4. Where does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
(a) Town Hall.
(b) The Welback estate.
(c) At church.
(d) The Hills estate.
5. What is sensitive to the condition of the eternal flame?
(a) One's tolerance for cold.
(b) One's life.
(c) One's eyesight.
(d) One's hearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Duke write about his grooming regime?
2. According to the Duke, what determines the way one's life unravels?
3. What is the main topic concerning the Duke's grooming regime?
4. How does Mr. Bird feel about the rumors about the Duke?
5. How does the Duke feel about the leafless condition of the trees?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Duke think about when reminiscing about Fanny Adelaide?
2. How is the map that Mr. Bird gives the Duke Flawed?
3. Describe the Duke's theory on cleanliness.
4. What does Dr. Cox think about the Duke?
5. Based on the scene in the laundry room, how does Mrs. Pladger feel about the Duke?
6. What happens when the Duke visits Holbeck village?
7. Why does the Duke think he must escape his estate quickly?
8. Why is the Duke so horrified by Mr. Snow's appearance?
9. How does the Duke get around in his underground tunnel system?
10. What is significant about the interactions between the Duke and Mr. Hendley?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)