|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Duke feel after seeing Mr. Snow?
2. What is the date of the last entry of "From His Grace's Journal to Mr Bird's Account?"
(a) October 5th.
(b) October 15th.
(c) October 10th.
(d) October 1st.
3. What is Mr. Snow's condition?
(a) He is healthy.
(b) He is dying of cancer.
(c) He is diminished physically and mentally.
(d) He is the same as always.
4. What does the Duke describe in the October 14th journal entry?
(a) The tunnel system.
(b) A trip to the laundry room.
(c) A walk in the woods.
(d) A trip into town.
5. What does the Duke want built on his estate?
(a) A guest house.
(b) A patio.
(c) A maze garden.
(d) A tunnel system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of the first journal entry?
2. What type of work does Mr. Bowen do for the Duke?
3. How much land do the tunnels cover?
4. What is the Duke's reputation based on?
5. What does the Duke think the soap bubbles in the sink look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Duke get around in his underground tunnel system?
2. What is the significance of learning that the gamekeeper has a dog?
3. What does the Duke say about his grooming regime?
4. What is the significance of reading Mr. Bird's point of view within the Duke's journal?
5. What does the Duke think about trying the beef essence?
6. What is the second part of the Duke's journal entry for October 16th?
7. How large are the tunnels in the underground tunnel system?
8. Why does it seem that Mr. Bird does not mind the Duke's eccentricities?
9. Why do the townspeople spread rumors about the Duke?
10. What does Dr. Cox think about the Duke?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)