|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke think of Mr. Snow's condition?
(a) He is horrified.
(b) He is not suprised.
(c) He is envious.
(d) He is confused.
2. What type of work does Mr. Bowen do for the Duke?
(b) Manufactures ornaments for the tunnel system.
(c) Carriage driver.
3. What animal does the Duke has a fondness for?
4. What is the main topic concerning the Duke's grooming regime?
(a) Brushing his teeth.
(b) Cleaning his clothes.
(c) Taking a shower.
(d) Going bald.
5. How does the Duke feel about the leafless condition of the trees?
(a) He does not care.
(b) He enjoys seeing the leaves fall.
(c) It is a part of life.
(d) It is humiliating.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tunnels were built?
2. Why is the Duke hesitant to seek help from his parents as a child?
3. What does the Duke spend his last few months of life trying to do?
4. What is the Duke's reputation based on?
5. How does the Duke feel after seeing Mr. Snow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes more noticeable to the Duke as he ages?
2. Why is the Duke so horrified by Mr. Snow's appearance?
3. What is the purpose of the underground tunnel system?
4. Why is the Duke interested in one particular tree on his estate?
5. What does the Duke think about when reminiscing about Fanny Adelaide?
6. What does the Duke think about trying the beef essence?
7. What do the Oakely sisters tell the Duke concerning the beef essence?
8. What does the Duke say about his grooming regime?
9. Based on the scene in the laundry room, how does Mrs. Pladger feel about the Duke?
10. What is the second part of the Duke's journal entry for October 16th?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)