|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke want built on his estate?
(a) A maze garden.
(b) A tunnel system.
(c) A guest house.
(d) A patio.
2. Based on the first chapter, "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bird's Account" what could be said about the Duke's mental health?
(a) He is mentally healthy.
(b) He is visably suffering mentally.
(c) It may be unstable.
(d) He does not care.
3. Whose point of view is added in after the Duke's journal entries?
(a) The maid's
(b) Mr. Bird's.
(c) The Duke's wife.
(d) The Duke as a child.
4. How does Mr. Grimshaw feel about the Duke keeping a graveyard for the horses?
(a) He thinks it is normal.
(b) He is interested in it.
(c) He disapproves of it.
(d) He does not understand it.
5. How does the Duke feel about the leafless condition of the trees?
(a) It is a part of life.
(b) He enjoys seeing the leaves fall.
(c) It is humiliating.
(d) He does not care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose accounts supplement the Duke's entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
2. Who visits the Duke October 10th to discuss a job?
3. What is the date of the last entry of "From His Grace's Journal to Mr Bird's Account?"
4. Who is the Duke's former gardener?
5. Why is the Duke hesitant to seek help from his parents as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Duke think about trying the beef essence?
2. What thoughts does the memory of a dead sparrow bring to the Duke?
3. How large are the tunnels in the underground tunnel system?
4. How is the map that Mr. Bird gives the Duke Flawed?
5. Why is the Duke so horrified by Mr. Snow's appearance?
6. What does the Duke say about his grooming regime?
7. Why does it seem that Mr. Bird does not mind the Duke's eccentricities?
8. Why does the Duke think he must escape his estate quickly?
9. How could one explain the rumor of the Duke being horribly deformed?
10. What is the significance of reading Mr. Bird's point of view within the Duke's journal?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)