|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Snow's condition?
(a) He is diminished physically and mentally.
(b) He is healthy.
(c) He is dying of cancer.
(d) He is the same as always.
2. Where does the Duke take a walk to on October 27th?
(b) The post office.
(c) Town Hall.
(d) Tile Kiln & Low Close Wood.
3. Why is the Duke hesitant to seek help from his parents as a child?
(a) They can not help him.
(b) They did not like when he spoke.
(c) They are never around.
(d) They do not understand him.
4. How long has the Duke been going bald?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. What does the Duke admit to experiencing?
(a) Dramatic mood swings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mental illness is suggested by the Duke's mood swings?
2. Why is Dr. Cox summoned?
3. Who does the Duke meet on November 2 while walking home from the post office?
4. What characteristic of the Duke suggests mental instability?
5. What technique of remembering is successful for the Duke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes more noticeable to the Duke as he ages?
2. What is the second part of the Duke's journal entry for October 16th?
3. What does the Duke think about when reminiscing about Fanny Adelaide?
4. What is the purpose of the underground tunnel system?
5. How does the Duke get around in his underground tunnel system?
6. What thoughts does the memory of a dead sparrow bring to the Duke?
7. What does the Duke say about his grooming regime?
8. Based on the scene in the laundry room, how does Mrs. Pladger feel about the Duke?
9. What is the significance of learning that the gamekeeper has a dog?
10. How is the Duke's imagination revealed with the soap bubbles in the laundry room sink?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)