|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke admit to experiencing?
(a) Dramatic mood swings.
2. What is the condition of Mr. Snow's memories?
3. What does the Duke think the soap bubbles in the sink look like?
(a) The crow.
(d) The British Isles.
4. How does Mr. Grimshaw feel about the Duke keeping a graveyard for the horses?
(a) He thinks it is normal.
(b) He disapproves of it.
(c) He does not understand it.
(d) He is interested in it.
5. How long does the tunnel system take to build?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke think a crow represents?
2. What is the date of the first journal entry?
3. When does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
4. How does the Duke know Fanny Adelaide?
5. What does the Duke's memory of the sparrow make him think of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information do the accounts of Mr. Grimshaw and Bowen provide the reader?
2. What do the Oakely sisters tell the Duke concerning the beef essence?
3. What does Dr. Cox think about the Duke?
4. What becomes more noticeable to the Duke as he ages?
5. How could one explain the rumor of the Duke being horribly deformed?
6. What does the Duke think about trying the beef essence?
7. What is the purpose of the underground tunnel system?
8. Why is the Duke interested in one particular tree on his estate?
9. What is the significance of learning that the gamekeeper has a dog?
10. What is the second part of the Duke's journal entry for October 16th?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)