|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the characters who the Duke meets on November 2 doing?
(a) Playing an unruly game.
(c) Harrassing the passerbys.
(d) Walking to school.
2. Who is the Duke's former gardener?
(a) Mr. Beaumont.
(b) Mr. Pledger.
(c) Mr. Snow.
(d) Mr. Pedington.
3. Whose account is included with the Duke's in "From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account?"
(a) A local woman.
(b) Mrs. Bird.
(c) Mrs. Snow.
(d) Mrs. Beaumont.
4. What is unique about this job from Mr. Bird's standpoint?
(a) It is his largest job.
(b) It was his smallest job.
(c) He was paid triple.
(d) He was not paid.
5. Who visits the Duke October 10th to discuss a job?
(a) A housekeeper.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A garden landscaper.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy's energy remind the Duke of?
2. Where does the Duke take a walk to on October 27th?
3. When is Dr. Cox summoned to the Duke's estate?
4. How does the Duke feel about what he sees on the morning of September 30th?
5. How many tunnels were built?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Cox think about the Duke?
2. What does the Duke say about his grooming regime?
3. What is the significance of learning that the gamekeeper has a dog?
4. What does the Duke think about when reminiscing about Fanny Adelaide?
5. How is the map that Mr. Bird gives the Duke Flawed?
6. What does the Duke think about trying the beef essence?
7. What becomes more noticeable to the Duke as he ages?
8. What is the purpose of the underground tunnel system?
9. What thoughts does the memory of a dead sparrow bring to the Duke?
10. Why is the Duke so horrified by Mr. Snow's appearance?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)