|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the tunnel system take to build?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 months.
2. Based on the first chapter, "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bird's Account" what could be said about the Duke's mental health?
(a) He is visably suffering mentally.
(b) He does not care.
(c) It may be unstable.
(d) He is mentally healthy.
3. What technique of remembering is successful for the Duke?
(a) Recording his thoughts.
(b) Smells and sounds.
(c) Thinking backward.
(d) Writing things down.
4. What does the Duke use the tunnel for initially?
(a) A place to think.
(b) To hide.
(d) A place to walk at night.
5. According to the Duke, what determines the way one's life unravels?
(a) Planned actions.
(b) An internal flame.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the Duke been going bald?
2. How does the Duke feel during his carriage rides through the tunnel system?
3. What does the Duke admit to experiencing?
4. How does the Duke feel after seeing Mr. Snow?
5. Whose accounts supplement the Duke's entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Duke's imagination revealed with the soap bubbles in the laundry room sink?
2. What does the Duke say about his grooming regime?
3. How could one explain the rumor of the Duke being horribly deformed?
4. Why does it seem that Mr. Bird does not mind the Duke's eccentricities?
5. What does the Duke feel as he walks through the tunnel system?
6. What does Dr. Cox think about the Duke?
7. Describe the Duke's theory on cleanliness.
8. What information do the accounts of Mr. Grimshaw and Bowen provide the reader?
9. How is the map that Mr. Bird gives the Duke Flawed?
10. Based on the scene in the laundry room, how does Mrs. Pladger feel about the Duke?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)