|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke need from Reverend Mellor?
(a) To confinde in someone.
(b) Information on getting married in the chruch.
(d) Information on phrenology.
2. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account" what does the reader learn about what the Duke thinks of himself?
(a) He is happy with his life.
(b) He wanted to do more in life.
(c) He is incomplete.
(d) He is arrogant .
3. Who recounts three anecdotes involving the Duke?
(a) Professor Bannister.
(b) Mr. Walker.
(c) An anonymous housemaid.
4. Where does the Duke go once in Edinburgh?
(a) The Commons.
(b) The local chruch.
(c) Camera Obscura.
(d) The Edinburgh Inn.
5. Who insists that Clement travel with the Duke?
(a) Mr. Bird.
(b) Dr. Cox.
(d) Mrs. Pledger.
6. Why did the staff and Dr. Cox decide to wait so long to tell the Duke about his friend's death?
(a) It would only upset him.
(b) They too found out later.
(c) He was out of town.
(d) The Duke was in the hospital.
7. Based on the Mr. Hendley's account, what does the Duke have a desire to do?
(a) Be wealthy.
(b) Have children.
(c) Be marries.
(d) Have a normal career.
8. What is unique about the Duke's finding in one of the old stalls?
(a) It suggests he was adopted.
(b) It maps out phrenologically important lines on the skull.
(c) It is the missing piece to his life the Duke has been searching.
(d) It revels the true amount of his fortune.
9. What does the professor say about the process of trepanning?
(a) It is commonly used.
(b) It is only used on animals.
(c) It is outdated.
(d) It is only unsed on the insane.
10. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," who joins the Duke in the study?
(c) Mr. Hendley.
(d) Mr. Bird.
11. Where did Fowler's bust used to sit when the Duke was a child?
(a) In his father's study.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In the foyer.
12. In another story told by the housemaid, who does the Duke ask to help him with the dumbwaiter?
(a) The butler.
(c) The housemaid.
13. What in particular upsets the Duke about his life?
(a) He hasn't created anything.
(b) He is always ill.
(c) He never married.
(d) He lives alone.
14. Who does the Duke visit at the university in Edinburgh?
(a) Professor Collins.
(b) Professor Baily.
(c) Professor Shear.
(d) Professor Bannister.
15. What does the Duke do while the locals are on his property?
(b) Yells at them.
(c) Watches them.
(d) Joins them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Duke travel to Edinburgh?
2. When does the Duke sense the phantom boy?
3. When might the process of trepanning be used today according to the professor?
4. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account," while the Duke and Mr. Hendley are in the Underground Tunnel System, what does the Duke try to persuade Mr. Hendley to do?
5. Who dies on December 8th?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)