|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account," while the Duke and Mr. Hendley are in the Underground Tunnel System, what does the Duke try to persuade Mr. Hendley to do?
(a) Take a walk through the tunnels.
(b) Stop delivering his mail.
(c) Let the Duke ride his bike through the tunnels.
(d) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
2. In a final story by the housemaid what is the Duke doing in the tree?
(a) Building a tree house.
(b) Hanging by his trousers.
(d) Trying to jusp off the highest branch.
3. Who does Reverend Mellor suggest the Duke pay a visit to?
(a) An expert in Edinburgh.
(b) The Mayor.
(d) A man in Holbeck Village.
4. What is the Duke able to be with many layers of clothing while ice skating?
(a) Protected if he falls.
5. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," who joins the Duke in the study?
(a) Mr. Hendley.
(d) Mr. Bird.
6. Why does the Duke want to travel alone?
(a) He enjoys being alone.
(b) He despises company.
(c) To prove his independence.
(d) He has no one to travel with.
7. What does Mr. Hendley and the reader learn about the Duke during his bike ride?
(a) The Duke wanted to by the Mayor.
(b) The Duke learned to ride a bike as an adult.
(c) The Duke wanted to be a postman.
(d) The Duke is in love with the postman's sister.
8. What does the Duke learn to do by ice skating?
(a) Do turns on the ice.
(b) Be normal.
(c) Interact with others.
(d) Ice stake backward.
9. What does Clement post on the Duke's door on the train?
(a) A sign with the Duke's name.
(b) A black sheet so others can not see in the room.
(c) A do not disturb sign.
(d) A sign that reads Specially Reserved.
10. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what does Clements show the Duke?
(a) An ancient pair of ice skates.
(b) An old pipe.
(c) A map of the town.
(d) A picture from his youth.
11. What does Clements force the Duke to do?
(a) Make the locals leave the property.
(b) Join the locals in ice skating.
(c) Take his medince.
(d) Take a bath.
12. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's mother doing?
(b) Reading a book.
13. What does the Duke do with Fowler's bust now that his father is dead?
(a) Boxes it up.
(b) Buries it.
(c) Adds it to his shrine.
(d) Breaks it.
14. When does the Duke find out about a friend's death?
(a) 3 days after the death.
(b) 4 days after the death.
(c) 5 days after the death.
(d) 2 days after the death.
15. What does the Duke steal from the professor?
(a) The keys to the lab.
(c) A book.
(d) A trepanning kit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duke visit at the university in Edinburgh?
2. What does the Duke realize can happen even when surrounded by other people?
3. What was the dumbwaiter used for?
4. What does the Duke learn could be looked at from different perspective in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
5. Where does the Duke go once in Edinburgh?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)