|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story from the Duke's childhood as told by the housemaid, once the Duke has a cart, what does he ask the housemaid to do with it?
(a) Push him around in it.
(b) Move the dishes from one room to the next.
(c) Take the cart to his room.
(d) Pull off the wheels of the cart.
2. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what is the significance of finding the bust?
(a) It is the link between him and another family.
(b) It leads to the Duke madness.
(c) It is the proof for his sanity.
(d) It provides the Duke with answers about his family.
3. Why does the Duke want to travel alone?
(a) He enjoys being alone.
(b) He despises company.
(c) He has no one to travel with.
(d) To prove his independence.
4. Where does the Duke go once in Edinburgh?
(a) The Edinburgh Inn.
(b) Camera Obscura.
(c) The Commons.
(d) The local chruch.
5. What does the Duke find on December 13 in the store room?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A book.
(c) A microscope.
(d) A map.
6. How does Conner react to the story of the phantom boy?
(a) His does not take the Duke seriously.
(c) His laughs.
7. Why does the Duke search the attic?
(a) He is looking for family memories.
(b) He is looking for clues about himslef.
(c) He wants to clean it out.
(d) He is looking for his parents' will.
8. When might the process of trepanning be used today according to the professor?
(a) To cure the mentally insane.
(b) To release brain hemmoraging.
(c) For most criminals.
(d) To release evil spirits.
9. What begins to manifest in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) The Duke's loneliness.
(b) The Duke's madness.
(c) The Duke's friendships with others.
(d) The Duke's abillity to love.
10. In another story told by the housemaid, who does the Duke ask to help him with the dumbwaiter?
(b) The butler.
(d) The housemaid.
11. Based on the Mr. Hendley's account, what does the Duke have a desire to do?
(a) Be marries.
(b) Have a normal career.
(c) Have children.
(d) Be wealthy.
12. What does the Duke learn could be looked at from different perspective in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(b) His house.
(d) His tunnel system.
13. What does Clement post on the Duke's door on the train?
(a) A black sheet so others can not see in the room.
(b) A do not disturb sign.
(c) A sign that reads Specially Reserved.
(d) A sign with the Duke's name.
14. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's mother doing?
(c) Reading a book.
15. How does the Duke feel skating with the others?
(b) A sense of fellowship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insists that Clement travel with the Duke?
2. How does the Duke feel in his reoccurring dream?
3. What does the Duke need from Reverend Mellor?
4. In a final story by the housemaid what is the Duke doing in the tree?
5. What is the Duke reminded of in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)