|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins to manifest in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) The Duke's loneliness.
(b) The Duke's abillity to love.
(c) The Duke's friendships with others.
(d) The Duke's madness.
2. What does Clements force the Duke to do?
(a) Take his medince.
(b) Join the locals in ice skating.
(c) Make the locals leave the property.
(d) Take a bath.
3. Where does the Duke wish to transport some plates to from the kitchen?
(a) His room.
(b) The guest house.
(c) The dinning area.
(d) The attic.
4. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," who joins the Duke in the study?
(b) Mr. Bird.
(c) Mr. Hendley.
5. What does the Duke steal from the professor?
(b) A trepanning kit.
(c) A book.
(d) The keys to the lab.
6. What does the Duke find in the attic?
(a) An old rocking chair.
(b) A wind up monkey.
(c) His family album.
(d) An old family bible.
7. Who insists that Clement travel with the Duke?
(a) Mr. Bird.
(b) Dr. Cox.
(d) Mrs. Pledger.
8. What was the dumbwaiter used for?
(a) To take food to the second floor.
(b) It was never used.
(c) To transport coal.
(d) To lower the laundry to the basement.
9. What in particular upsets the Duke about his life?
(a) He lives alone.
(b) He never married.
(c) He hasn't created anything.
(d) He is always ill.
10. What does Mr. Hendley and the reader learn about the Duke during his bike ride?
(a) The Duke wanted to by the Mayor.
(b) The Duke learned to ride a bike as an adult.
(c) The Duke wanted to be a postman.
(d) The Duke is in love with the postman's sister.
11. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account," while the Duke and Mr. Hendley are in the Underground Tunnel System, what does the Duke try to persuade Mr. Hendley to do?
(a) Stop delivering his mail.
(b) Take a walk through the tunnels.
(c) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
(d) Let the Duke ride his bike through the tunnels.
12. When might the process of trepanning be used today according to the professor?
(a) To release evil spirits.
(b) To cure the mentally insane.
(c) For most criminals.
(d) To release brain hemmoraging.
13. What does Mr. Hendley agree to?
(a) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
(b) Let the Duke ride his bike above ground.
(c) Stop the mail.
(d) Take a carriage ride through the tunnels.
14. Who is Mr. Hendley?
(a) Local postman.
(b) The Mayer.
(c) The butler.
(d) The Duke's driver.
15. What does Mellor show the Duke at breakfast?
(a) Blue prints.
(b) A map.
Short Answer Questions
1. What regarding Fowler's bust was the Duke forbidden to do?
2. Who does Reverend Mellor suggest the Duke pay a visit to?
3. What preoccupies the Duke on December 2, 5, and 7?
4. How does the Duke decide to search for clues about himself on December 21st?
5. What does the Duke learn could be looked at from different perspective in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)