|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What preoccupies the Duke on December 2, 5, and 7?
(a) His thoughts.
(b) The dying trees.
(c) The tunnel project.
(d) The phantom boy.
2. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's mother doing?
(b) Reading a book.
3. What regarding Fowler's bust was the Duke forbidden to do?
(a) Clean it.
(b) Play with it.
(c) Touch it.
(d) Look at it.
4. What does the Duke learn could be looked at from different perspective in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(b) His house.
(c) His tunnel system.
5. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's father doing?
(b) Arguing with the Duke's mother.
(d) Asking for directions.
6. What is the Duke reminded of in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) People can suprise you.
(b) Trust is important to all realtionships.
(c) People can disappoint you.
(d) He inhabits with world with other people.
7. How does the Duke feel in his reoccurring dream?
8. What does the Duke do while the locals are on his property?
(a) Watches them.
(b) Joins them.
(c) Yells at them.
9. What type of assistance does the Duke request of a housemaid in one account discussed in "From His Grace's Journal to Housemaid's Account?"
(a) Locate his parents.
(b) Locate a cart.
(c) Locate a map.
(d) Clean his room.
10. Who tells the Duke about his friend's death?
(a) Mr. Snow.
(c) Mr. Bird.
(d) Mrs. Pledger.
11. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account," while the Duke and Mr. Hendley are in the Underground Tunnel System, what does the Duke try to persuade Mr. Hendley to do?
(a) Take a walk through the tunnels.
(b) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
(c) Let the Duke ride his bike through the tunnels.
(d) Stop delivering his mail.
12. When does the Duke find out about a friend's death?
(a) 5 days after the death.
(b) 2 days after the death.
(c) 4 days after the death.
(d) 3 days after the death.
13. What is unique about the Duke's finding in one of the old stalls?
(a) It suggests he was adopted.
(b) It revels the true amount of his fortune.
(c) It maps out phrenologically important lines on the skull.
(d) It is the missing piece to his life the Duke has been searching.
14. Where does the Duke go once in Edinburgh?
(a) The local chruch.
(b) The Commons.
(c) Camera Obscura.
(d) The Edinburgh Inn.
15. Where did Fowler's bust used to sit when the Duke was a child?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the foyer.
(d) In his father's study.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the dumbwaiter used for?
2. What does the Duke find in one of the stables?
3. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account" what does the reader learn about what the Duke thinks of himself?
4. Who dies on December 8th?
5. What are the old stables on the property used for?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)