|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke find on December 13 in the store room?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A microscope.
(c) A book.
(d) A map.
2. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what is the significance of finding the bust?
(a) It leads to the Duke madness.
(b) It is the proof for his sanity.
(c) It is the link between him and another family.
(d) It provides the Duke with answers about his family.
3. Based on the Mr. Hendley's account, what does the Duke have a desire to do?
(a) Have a normal career.
(b) Have children.
(c) Be marries.
(d) Be wealthy.
4. What does the Duke discuss on November 28th?
(a) His accomplishments.
(b) His family.
(c) His wife.
(d) His own wasted life.
5. Who dies on December 8th?
(b) Mrs. Pledger.
(c) Mr. Bird.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Snow.
6. How does the Duke feel skating with the others?
(b) A sense of fellowship.
7. How does the Duke feel in his reoccurring dream?
8. By drilling a small hole into one's skull, what does the Duke learn is released?
(d) Evil spirits.
9. What begins to manifest in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) The Duke's madness.
(b) The Duke's friendships with others.
(c) The Duke's loneliness.
(d) The Duke's abillity to love.
10. What does the Duke do with Fowler's bust now that his father is dead?
(a) Breaks it.
(b) Adds it to his shrine.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Boxes it up.
11. Where does Mellor invite the Duke to?
(a) Tile Kiln & Low Close wood.
(b) Pin Hole Cave.
(c) Holbeck Village.
12. When does the Duke sense the phantom boy?
(a) In the attic.
(b) All the time.
(c) When he smokes his father's briar pipe.
(d) Only in the underground tunnels.
13. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's mother doing?
(b) Reading a book.
14. What does the Duke realize can happen even when surrounded by other people?
(a) Others bother the Duke.
(b) You can be happy.
(c) You usually have a lot in common.
(d) You can still feel lonely.
15. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's father doing?
(b) Asking for directions.
(c) Arguing with the Duke's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Hendley?
2. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what does Clements show the Duke?
3. What does the Duke do while the locals are on his property?
4. What was the dumbwaiter used for?
5. What does the Duke find in one of the stables?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)