|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who insists that Clement travel with the Duke?
(a) Mr. Bird.
(b) Mrs. Pledger.
(c) Dr. Cox.
2. How does the Duke learn to relieve his loneliness in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) Going outside.
(b) Making friends.
(c) Just being in the presence of others.
(d) Listening to his staff.
3. Why does the Duke want to travel alone?
(a) He despises company.
(b) To prove his independence.
(c) He enjoys being alone.
(d) He has no one to travel with.
4. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's mother doing?
(b) Reading a book.
5. What does the Duke find in the attic?
(a) An old rocking chair.
(b) An old family bible.
(c) A wind up monkey.
(d) His family album.
6. Why does the Duke search the attic?
(a) He wants to clean it out.
(b) He is looking for his parents' will.
(c) He is looking for family memories.
(d) He is looking for clues about himslef.
7. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what is the significance of finding the bust?
(a) It leads to the Duke madness.
(b) It is the proof for his sanity.
(c) It provides the Duke with answers about his family.
(d) It is the link between him and another family.
8. What does the Duke do with Fowler's bust now that his father is dead?
(a) Boxes it up.
(b) Buries it.
(c) Adds it to his shrine.
(d) Breaks it.
9. Based on the Mr. Hendley's account, what does the Duke have a desire to do?
(a) Be marries.
(b) Have a normal career.
(c) Be wealthy.
(d) Have children.
10. What does Clement post on the Duke's door on the train?
(a) A sign with the Duke's name.
(b) A black sheet so others can not see in the room.
(c) A sign that reads Specially Reserved.
(d) A do not disturb sign.
11. Where does Mellor invite the Duke to?
(a) Pin Hole Cave.
(b) Tile Kiln & Low Close wood.
(c) Holbeck Village.
12. Why did the staff and Dr. Cox decide to wait so long to tell the Duke about his friend's death?
(a) The Duke was in the hospital.
(b) They too found out later.
(c) He was out of town.
(d) It would only upset him.
13. What does the Duke need from Reverend Mellor?
(a) Information on phrenology.
(c) To confinde in someone.
(d) Information on getting married in the chruch.
14. What does the Duke discuss on November 28th?
(a) His family.
(b) His accomplishments.
(c) His own wasted life.
(d) His wife.
15. What does the Duke steal from the professor?
(a) A trepanning kit.
(c) A book.
(d) The keys to the lab.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Reverend Mellor suggest the Duke pay a visit to?
2. What does Clements force the Duke to do?
3. What does the Duke learn could be looked at from different perspective in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
4. Who is Mr. Hendley?
5. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account" what does the reader learn about what the Duke thinks of himself?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)