|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Duke go once in Edinburgh?
(a) The local chruch.
(b) The Edinburgh Inn.
(c) Camera Obscura.
(d) The Commons.
2. When might the process of trepanning be used today according to the professor?
(a) To cure the mentally insane.
(b) To release evil spirits.
(c) For most criminals.
(d) To release brain hemmoraging.
3. What does the Duke insist on by allowing Clement to travel with him?
(a) He stays in the next town.
(b) He travel in a seperate carriage.
(c) He pretends not to know the Duke.
(d) He comes only for one day.
4. Who does the Duke visit on December 22nd?
(b) Dr. Cox.
(c) Reverend Mellor.
(d) Mr. Bird.
5. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what does Clements show the Duke?
(a) A picture from his youth.
(b) An ancient pair of ice skates.
(c) An old pipe.
(d) A map of the town.
6. How does the Duke decide to search for clues about himself on December 21st?
(a) From the outside of the house.
(b) By intervewing the townspeople.
(c) By calling his family.
(d) By reading news clipings.
7. What is the Duke reminded of in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) People can disappoint you.
(b) Trust is important to all realtionships.
(c) He inhabits with world with other people.
(d) People can suprise you.
8. What does the Duke learn to do by ice skating?
(a) Ice stake backward.
(b) Interact with others.
(c) Be normal.
(d) Do turns on the ice.
9. What does Mr. Hendley agree to?
(a) Let the Duke ride his bike above ground.
(b) Stop the mail.
(c) Take a carriage ride through the tunnels.
(d) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
10. How does the Duke feel in his reoccurring dream?
11. In a final story by the housemaid what is the Duke doing in the tree?
(b) Hanging by his trousers.
(c) Trying to jusp off the highest branch.
(d) Building a tree house.
12. Who does Reverend Mellor suggest the Duke pay a visit to?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) A man in Holbeck Village.
(c) An expert in Edinburgh.
13. Where does the Duke decide to take a walk to on December 11th?
(a) Town Hall.
(b) Tile Kiln & Low Close wood.
(c) The post office.
(d) Holbeck Village.
14. What regarding Fowler's bust was the Duke forbidden to do?
(a) Clean it.
(b) Touch it.
(c) Look at it.
(d) Play with it.
15. What in particular upsets the Duke about his life?
(a) He is always ill.
(b) He never married.
(c) He hasn't created anything.
(d) He lives alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke learn while visiting with a professor at the university?
2. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," who joins the Duke in the study?
3. When does the Duke find out about a friend's death?
4. What does the Duke discuss on November 28th?
5. Where did Fowler's bust used to sit when the Duke was a child?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)