|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What preoccupies the Duke on December 2, 5, and 7?
(a) His thoughts.
(b) The phantom boy.
(c) The tunnel project.
(d) The dying trees.
2. Why does the Duke search the attic?
(a) He is looking for family memories.
(b) He is looking for his parents' will.
(c) He wants to clean it out.
(d) He is looking for clues about himslef.
3. What does the Duke find in the attic?
(a) His family album.
(b) An old rocking chair.
(c) A wind up monkey.
(d) An old family bible.
4. Who tells the Duke about his friend's death?
(b) Mr. Snow.
(c) Mr. Bird.
(d) Mrs. Pledger.
5. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's mother doing?
(c) Reading a book.
6. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account" what does the reader learn about what the Duke thinks of himself?
(a) He is incomplete.
(b) He is arrogant .
(c) He wanted to do more in life.
(d) He is happy with his life.
7. What does the Duke find in one of the stables?
(a) A family picture.
(b) A box of coins.
(c) An old bust.
(d) A recipe book.
8. What does Mellor show the Duke at breakfast?
(a) A map.
(d) Blue prints.
9. What does the Duke insist on by allowing Clement to travel with him?
(a) He comes only for one day.
(b) He pretends not to know the Duke.
(c) He stays in the next town.
(d) He travel in a seperate carriage.
10. What does the Duke create with the family things he finds in the attic?
(a) A photo album.
(b) A totem pole.
(c) A shrine.
(d) More trash.
11. What does the Duke need from Reverend Mellor?
(b) Information on phrenology.
(c) To confinde in someone.
(d) Information on getting married in the chruch.
12. Who insists that Clement travel with the Duke?
(a) Mrs. Pledger.
(c) Mr. Bird.
(d) Dr. Cox.
13. What is unique about the Duke's finding in one of the old stalls?
(a) It is the missing piece to his life the Duke has been searching.
(b) It revels the true amount of his fortune.
(c) It suggests he was adopted.
(d) It maps out phrenologically important lines on the skull.
14. Who joins the Duke on the train?
(a) A widowed woman.
(b) A young child.
(c) A young mother.
15. What is the Duke reminded of in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) Trust is important to all realtionships.
(b) People can disappoint you.
(c) People can suprise you.
(d) He inhabits with world with other people.
Short Answer Questions
1. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what does Clements show the Duke?
2. What does the Duke steal from the professor?
3. When does the Duke sense the phantom boy?
4. What is the Duke able to be with many layers of clothing while ice skating?
5. When does the Duke find out about a friend's death?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)