|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what is the significance of finding the bust?
(a) It is the link between him and another family.
(b) It is the proof for his sanity.
(c) It leads to the Duke madness.
(d) It provides the Duke with answers about his family.
2. What does the Duke do while the locals are on his property?
(a) Watches them.
(b) Yells at them.
(c) Joins them.
3. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," who joins the Duke in the study?
(c) Mr. Bird.
(d) Mr. Hendley.
4. How does the Duke learn to relieve his loneliness in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) Just being in the presence of others.
(b) Making friends.
(c) Going outside.
(d) Listening to his staff.
5. Where does the Duke go once in Edinburgh?
(a) The Edinburgh Inn.
(b) The Commons.
(c) The local chruch.
(d) Camera Obscura.
6. What type of assistance does the Duke request of a housemaid in one account discussed in "From His Grace's Journal to Housemaid's Account?"
(a) Clean his room.
(b) Locate his parents.
(c) Locate a map.
(d) Locate a cart.
7. Who does the Duke decide to visit on December 11th?
(a) Reverend Mellor.
(b) Mr. Bird.
(d) Dr. Cox.
8. What does the Duke need from Reverend Mellor?
(a) Information on phrenology.
(c) Information on getting married in the chruch.
(d) To confinde in someone.
9. In the story from the Duke's childhood as told by the housemaid, once the Duke has a cart, what does he ask the housemaid to do with it?
(a) Move the dishes from one room to the next.
(b) Push him around in it.
(c) Take the cart to his room.
(d) Pull off the wheels of the cart.
10. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account," while the Duke and Mr. Hendley are in the Underground Tunnel System, what does the Duke try to persuade Mr. Hendley to do?
(a) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
(b) Let the Duke ride his bike through the tunnels.
(c) Stop delivering his mail.
(d) Take a walk through the tunnels.
11. Where does the Duke decide to take a walk to on December 11th?
(a) The post office.
(b) Tile Kiln & Low Close wood.
(c) Holbeck Village.
(d) Town Hall.
12. What does Mellor show the Duke at breakfast?
(a) Blue prints.
(c) A map.
13. What does the Duke realize can happen even when surrounded by other people?
(a) You usually have a lot in common.
(b) You can be happy.
(c) You can still feel lonely.
(d) Others bother the Duke.
14. By drilling a small hole into one's skull, what does the Duke learn is released?
(d) Evil spirits.
15. Who does the Duke visit on December 22nd?
(a) Mr. Bird.
(b) Dr. Cox.
(c) Reverend Mellor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What preoccupies the Duke on December 2, 5, and 7?
2. What does the Duke insist on by allowing Clement to travel with him?
3. Who is Mr. Hendley?
4. What does the Duke discuss on November 28th?
5. Based on the Mr. Hendley's account, what does the Duke have a desire to do?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)