|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who insists that Clement travel with the Duke?
(a) Dr. Cox.
(b) Mrs. Pledger.
(d) Mr. Bird.
2. Who does the Duke decide to visit on December 11th?
(a) Reverend Mellor.
(b) Mr. Bird.
(d) Dr. Cox.
3. What is the Duke's response to the local's request on December 19th?
(a) He runs the locals off by yelling at them.
(b) He denies it.
(c) He grants it.
(d) He charges them a fee.
4. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," who joins the Duke in the study?
(c) Mr. Hendley.
(d) Mr. Bird.
5. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account," while the Duke and Mr. Hendley are in the Underground Tunnel System, what does the Duke try to persuade Mr. Hendley to do?
(a) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
(b) Let the Duke ride his bike through the tunnels.
(c) Stop delivering his mail.
(d) Take a walk through the tunnels.
6. What does Clements force the Duke to do?
(a) Join the locals in ice skating.
(b) Take his medince.
(c) Make the locals leave the property.
(d) Take a bath.
7. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what is the significance of finding the bust?
(a) It leads to the Duke madness.
(b) It is the link between him and another family.
(c) It provides the Duke with answers about his family.
(d) It is the proof for his sanity.
8. How does the Duke decide to search for clues about himself on December 21st?
(a) By intervewing the townspeople.
(b) By reading news clipings.
(c) From the outside of the house.
(d) By calling his family.
9. What does the Duke create with the family things he finds in the attic?
(a) A photo album.
(b) A totem pole.
(c) A shrine.
(d) More trash.
10. What does Mr. Hendley and the reader learn about the Duke during his bike ride?
(a) The Duke wanted to be a postman.
(b) The Duke learned to ride a bike as an adult.
(c) The Duke is in love with the postman's sister.
(d) The Duke wanted to by the Mayor.
11. What does the Duke generally think about man?
(a) He has the power to create everything.
(b) He is ingenious.
(c) He is not a true creator.
(d) He really knows nothing.
12. Who does the Duke visit on December 22nd?
(b) Reverend Mellor.
(c) Dr. Cox.
(d) Mr. Bird.
13. What does the Duke insist on by allowing Clement to travel with him?
(a) He stays in the next town.
(b) He pretends not to know the Duke.
(c) He travel in a seperate carriage.
(d) He comes only for one day.
14. Based on the Mr. Hendley's account, what does the Duke have a desire to do?
(a) Have a normal career.
(b) Have children.
(c) Be wealthy.
(d) Be marries.
15. Where did Fowler's bust used to sit when the Duke was a child?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In the foyer.
(d) In his father's study.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke realize can happen even when surrounded by other people?
2. What does the Duke discuss on November 28th?
3. Who tells the Duke about his friend's death?
4. Who recounts three anecdotes involving the Duke?
5. Where does the Duke wish to transport some plates to from the kitchen?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)