|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account," while the Duke and Mr. Hendley are in the Underground Tunnel System, what does the Duke try to persuade Mr. Hendley to do?
(a) Let the Duke ride his bike through the tunnels.
(b) Take a walk through the tunnels.
(c) Stop delivering his mail.
(d) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
2. What begins to manifest in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) The Duke's loneliness.
(b) The Duke's madness.
(c) The Duke's abillity to love.
(d) The Duke's friendships with others.
3. What does Clement post on the Duke's door on the train?
(a) A do not disturb sign.
(b) A sign that reads Specially Reserved.
(c) A black sheet so others can not see in the room.
(d) A sign with the Duke's name.
4. What is unique about the Duke's finding in one of the old stalls?
(a) It is the missing piece to his life the Duke has been searching.
(b) It revels the true amount of his fortune.
(c) It suggests he was adopted.
(d) It maps out phrenologically important lines on the skull.
5. Where does Mellor invite the Duke to?
(a) Tile Kiln & Low Close wood.
(b) Pin Hole Cave.
(d) Holbeck Village.
6. What is the Duke's response to the local's request on December 19th?
(a) He grants it.
(b) He charges them a fee.
(c) He denies it.
(d) He runs the locals off by yelling at them.
7. What does the professor say about the process of trepanning?
(a) It is only used on animals.
(b) It is commonly used.
(c) It is outdated.
(d) It is only unsed on the insane.
8. Where does the Duke go once in Edinburgh?
(a) The local chruch.
(b) The Commons.
(c) Camera Obscura.
(d) The Edinburgh Inn.
9. Who does the Duke visit on December 22nd?
(a) Mr. Bird.
(c) Dr. Cox.
(d) Reverend Mellor.
10. What does the Duke generally think about man?
(a) He is ingenious.
(b) He really knows nothing.
(c) He has the power to create everything.
(d) He is not a true creator.
11. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," who joins the Duke in the study?
(a) Mr. Bird.
(d) Mr. Hendley.
12. When might the process of trepanning be used today according to the professor?
(a) To release brain hemmoraging.
(b) To cure the mentally insane.
(c) For most criminals.
(d) To release evil spirits.
13. Why did the staff and Dr. Cox decide to wait so long to tell the Duke about his friend's death?
(a) He was out of town.
(b) They too found out later.
(c) It would only upset him.
(d) The Duke was in the hospital.
14. What does Mr. Hendley and the reader learn about the Duke during his bike ride?
(a) The Duke learned to ride a bike as an adult.
(b) The Duke wanted to by the Mayor.
(c) The Duke is in love with the postman's sister.
(d) The Duke wanted to be a postman.
15. By drilling a small hole into one's skull, what does the Duke learn is released?
(a) Evil spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke realize can happen even when surrounded by other people?
2. Who dies on December 8th?
3. Where does the Duke wish to transport some plates to from the kitchen?
4. When does the Duke sense the phantom boy?
5. In the story from the Duke's childhood as told by the housemaid, once the Duke has a cart, what does he ask the housemaid to do with it?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)