|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke insist on by allowing Clement to travel with him?
(a) He stays in the next town.
(b) He comes only for one day.
(c) He travel in a seperate carriage.
(d) He pretends not to know the Duke.
2. How does the Duke feel skating with the others?
(d) A sense of fellowship.
3. In the story from the Duke's childhood as told by the housemaid, once the Duke has a cart, what does he ask the housemaid to do with it?
(a) Push him around in it.
(b) Take the cart to his room.
(c) Move the dishes from one room to the next.
(d) Pull off the wheels of the cart.
4. In a final story by the housemaid what is the Duke doing in the tree?
(a) Trying to jusp off the highest branch.
(b) Hanging by his trousers.
(d) Building a tree house.
5. Who does the Duke visit on December 22nd?
(a) Dr. Cox.
(c) Mr. Bird.
(d) Reverend Mellor.
6. Where does the Duke go once in Edinburgh?
(a) The Edinburgh Inn.
(b) The Commons.
(c) Camera Obscura.
(d) The local chruch.
7. What does the Duke realize can happen even when surrounded by other people?
(a) You usually have a lot in common.
(b) You can still feel lonely.
(c) You can be happy.
(d) Others bother the Duke.
8. How does the Duke decide to search for clues about himself on December 21st?
(a) By calling his family.
(b) By reading news clipings.
(c) From the outside of the house.
(d) By intervewing the townspeople.
9. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what is the significance of finding the bust?
(a) It is the link between him and another family.
(b) It is the proof for his sanity.
(c) It provides the Duke with answers about his family.
(d) It leads to the Duke madness.
10. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what does Clements show the Duke?
(a) A picture from his youth.
(b) An ancient pair of ice skates.
(c) A map of the town.
(d) An old pipe.
11. In another story told by the housemaid, who does the Duke ask to help him with the dumbwaiter?
(c) The housemaid.
(d) The butler.
12. What does the Duke learn could be looked at from different perspective in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) His house.
(d) His tunnel system.
13. Why does the Duke want to travel alone?
(a) He despises company.
(b) To prove his independence.
(c) He has no one to travel with.
(d) He enjoys being alone.
14. What regarding Fowler's bust was the Duke forbidden to do?
(a) Clean it.
(b) Play with it.
(c) Look at it.
(d) Touch it.
15. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's father doing?
(c) Arguing with the Duke's mother.
(d) Asking for directions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Duke feel in his reoccurring dream?
2. What is the Duke's response to the local's request on December 19th?
3. When does the Duke travel to Edinburgh?
4. What does the Duke create with the family things he finds in the attic?
5. When does the Duke find out about a friend's death?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)