|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Duke decide to visit on December 11th?
(a) Dr. Cox.
(b) Reverend Mellor.
(c) Mr. Bird.
2. When might the process of trepanning be used today according to the professor?
(a) For most criminals.
(b) To cure the mentally insane.
(c) To release evil spirits.
(d) To release brain hemmoraging.
3. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what is the significance of finding the bust?
(a) It is the link between him and another family.
(b) It is the proof for his sanity.
(c) It leads to the Duke madness.
(d) It provides the Duke with answers about his family.
4. Who does the Duke visit on December 22nd?
(a) Mr. Bird.
(b) Dr. Cox.
(c) Reverend Mellor.
5. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what does Clements show the Duke?
(a) An old pipe.
(b) An ancient pair of ice skates.
(c) A picture from his youth.
(d) A map of the town.
6. Why does the Duke search the attic?
(a) He wants to clean it out.
(b) He is looking for his parents' will.
(c) He is looking for family memories.
(d) He is looking for clues about himslef.
7. What is the Duke's response to the local's request on December 19th?
(a) He grants it.
(b) He runs the locals off by yelling at them.
(c) He charges them a fee.
(d) He denies it.
8. How does the Duke learn to relieve his loneliness in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) Listening to his staff.
(b) Making friends.
(c) Just being in the presence of others.
(d) Going outside.
9. In the story from the Duke's childhood as told by the housemaid, once the Duke has a cart, what does he ask the housemaid to do with it?
(a) Pull off the wheels of the cart.
(b) Take the cart to his room.
(c) Push him around in it.
(d) Move the dishes from one room to the next.
10. What does the Duke find on December 13 in the store room?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A book.
(c) A microscope.
(d) A map.
11. What does the Duke do while the locals are on his property?
(b) Yells at them.
(c) Watches them.
(d) Joins them.
12. What does the Duke find in one of the stables?
(a) A family picture.
(b) A box of coins.
(c) An old bust.
(d) A recipe book.
13. Who does the Duke visit at the university in Edinburgh?
(a) Professor Baily.
(b) Professor Collins.
(c) Professor Shear.
(d) Professor Bannister.
14. What does Clement post on the Duke's door on the train?
(a) A do not disturb sign.
(b) A sign with the Duke's name.
(c) A black sheet so others can not see in the room.
(d) A sign that reads Specially Reserved.
15. In another story told by the housemaid, who does the Duke ask to help him with the dumbwaiter?
(a) The butler.
(b) The housemaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clements force the Duke to do?
2. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's mother doing?
3. What does the professor say about the process of trepanning?
4. What begins to manifest in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
5. Where does Mellor invite the Duke to?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)