|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Fowler's bust used to sit when the Duke was a child?
(a) In his father's study.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In the foyer.
2. In a final story by the housemaid what is the Duke doing in the tree?
(b) Trying to jusp off the highest branch.
(c) Building a tree house.
(d) Hanging by his trousers.
3. What preoccupies the Duke on December 2, 5, and 7?
(a) The dying trees.
(b) His thoughts.
(c) The phantom boy.
(d) The tunnel project.
4. What begins to manifest in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) The Duke's madness.
(b) The Duke's abillity to love.
(c) The Duke's friendships with others.
(d) The Duke's loneliness.
5. What does the Duke find in one of the stables?
(a) A family picture.
(b) An old bust.
(c) A recipe book.
(d) A box of coins.
6. What does the Duke create with the family things he finds in the attic?
(a) A shrine.
(b) A totem pole.
(c) More trash.
(d) A photo album.
7. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's father doing?
(c) Asking for directions.
(d) Arguing with the Duke's mother.
8. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what is the significance of finding the bust?
(a) It is the proof for his sanity.
(b) It leads to the Duke madness.
(c) It provides the Duke with answers about his family.
(d) It is the link between him and another family.
9. What does Mr. Hendley agree to?
(a) Take a carriage ride through the tunnels.
(b) Let the Duke ride his bike above ground.
(c) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
(d) Stop the mail.
10. What does the Duke generally think about man?
(a) He really knows nothing.
(b) He has the power to create everything.
(c) He is not a true creator.
(d) He is ingenious.
11. Where does the Duke wish to transport some plates to from the kitchen?
(a) His room.
(b) The dinning area.
(c) The attic.
(d) The guest house.
12. When does the Duke travel to Edinburgh?
(a) January 6-11th.
(b) January 28th.
(c) January 12-13th.
(d) December 20-24th.
13. What does the Duke find on December 13 in the store room?
(a) A microscope.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A book.
(d) A map.
14. What does the Duke learn to do by ice skating?
(a) Be normal.
(b) Do turns on the ice.
(c) Interact with others.
(d) Ice stake backward.
15. Why did the staff and Dr. Cox decide to wait so long to tell the Duke about his friend's death?
(a) The Duke was in the hospital.
(b) It would only upset him.
(c) He was out of town.
(d) They too found out later.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Duke search the attic?
2. When does the Duke sense the phantom boy?
3. What is unique about the Duke's finding in one of the old stalls?
4. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account" what does the reader learn about what the Duke thinks of himself?
5. Where does the Duke decide to take a walk to on December 11th?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)