|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke insist on by allowing Clement to travel with him?
(a) He stays in the next town.
(b) He travel in a seperate carriage.
(c) He pretends not to know the Duke.
(d) He comes only for one day.
2. Why does the Duke want to travel alone?
(a) To prove his independence.
(b) He enjoys being alone.
(c) He has no one to travel with.
(d) He despises company.
3. What does the Duke generally think about man?
(a) He really knows nothing.
(b) He is not a true creator.
(c) He is ingenious.
(d) He has the power to create everything.
4. How does the Duke feel skating with the others?
(c) A sense of fellowship.
5. Who does the Duke visit at the university in Edinburgh?
(a) Professor Bannister.
(b) Professor Collins.
(c) Professor Shear.
(d) Professor Baily.
6. Where does Mellor invite the Duke to?
(b) Tile Kiln & Low Close wood.
(c) Holbeck Village.
(d) Pin Hole Cave.
7. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what does Clements show the Duke?
(a) An old pipe.
(b) A map of the town.
(c) A picture from his youth.
(d) An ancient pair of ice skates.
8. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what is the significance of finding the bust?
(a) It provides the Duke with answers about his family.
(b) It leads to the Duke madness.
(c) It is the link between him and another family.
(d) It is the proof for his sanity.
9. What does the Duke discuss on November 28th?
(a) His family.
(b) His wife.
(c) His own wasted life.
(d) His accomplishments.
10. By drilling a small hole into one's skull, what does the Duke learn is released?
(c) Evil spirits.
11. What does Clement post on the Duke's door on the train?
(a) A do not disturb sign.
(b) A sign with the Duke's name.
(c) A black sheet so others can not see in the room.
(d) A sign that reads Specially Reserved.
12. Who dies on December 8th?
(a) Mr. Bird.
(c) Mrs. Pledger.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Snow.
13. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's father doing?
(a) Asking for directions.
(c) Arguing with the Duke's mother.
14. Who does Reverend Mellor suggest the Duke pay a visit to?
(a) A man in Holbeck Village.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) An expert in Edinburgh.
15. Who is Mr. Hendley?
(a) Local postman.
(b) The butler.
(c) The Duke's driver.
(d) The Mayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When might the process of trepanning be used today according to the professor?
2. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account" what does the reader learn about what the Duke thinks of himself?
3. What does the Duke learn while visiting with a professor at the university?
4. What does Clements force the Duke to do?
5. What does the Duke find on December 13 in the store room?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)