Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the staff and Dr. Cox decide to wait so long to tell the Duke about his friend's death?
(a) It would only upset him.
(b) The Duke was in the hospital.
(c) They too found out later.
(d) He was out of town.
2. When might the process of trepanning be used today according to the professor?
(a) For most criminals.
(b) To cure the mentally insane.
(c) To release brain hemmoraging.
(d) To release evil spirits.
3. Who does the Duke decide to visit on December 11th?
(a) Reverend Mellor.
(c) Mr. Bird.
(d) Dr. Cox.
4. What does Mr. Hendley agree to?
(a) Let the Duke ride his bike above ground.
(b) Stop the mail.
(c) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
(d) Take a carriage ride through the tunnels.
5. What are the old stables on the property used for?
(c) Maids quarters.
(d) The horses.
6. Who tells the Duke about his friend's death?
(a) Mr. Bird.
(b) Mr. Snow.
(c) Mrs. Pledger.
7. When does the Duke find out about a friend's death?
(a) 3 days after the death.
(b) 2 days after the death.
(c) 4 days after the death.
(d) 5 days after the death.
8. What does the Duke find in the attic?
(a) An old family bible.
(b) An old rocking chair.
(c) A wind up monkey.
(d) His family album.
9. What regarding Fowler's bust was the Duke forbidden to do?
(a) Play with it.
(b) Touch it.
(c) Clean it.
(d) Look at it.
10. Who does Reverend Mellor suggest the Duke pay a visit to?
(b) A man in Holbeck Village.
(c) An expert in Edinburgh.
(d) The Mayor.
11. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," who joins the Duke in the study?
(a) Mr. Hendley.
(b) Mr. Bird.
12. What do the locals ask the Duke for on December 19th?
(a) A tour of the tunnels.
(b) A place to sleep.
(c) A dontaion.
(d) To skate on his lake.
13. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's father doing?
(b) Arguing with the Duke's mother.
(c) Asking for directions.
14. Where did Fowler's bust used to sit when the Duke was a child?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In his father's study.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the foyer.
15. What does the Duke do while the locals are on his property?
(a) Joins them.
(b) Yells at them.
(c) Watches them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke realize can happen even when surrounded by other people?
2. Who joins the Duke on the train?
3. What is the Duke reminded of in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
4. What does the professor say about the process of trepanning?
5. What is the Duke's response to the local's request on December 19th?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)