|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Duke go once in Edinburgh?
(a) The Commons.
(b) The Edinburgh Inn.
(c) Camera Obscura.
(d) The local chruch.
2. By drilling a small hole into one's skull, what does the Duke learn is released?
(b) Evil spirits.
3. How does the Duke decide to search for clues about himself on December 21st?
(a) By calling his family.
(b) By reading news clipings.
(c) By intervewing the townspeople.
(d) From the outside of the house.
4. What was the dumbwaiter used for?
(a) To lower the laundry to the basement.
(b) It was never used.
(c) To transport coal.
(d) To take food to the second floor.
5. Who does the Duke visit on December 22nd?
(a) Reverend Mellor.
(b) Mr. Bird.
(c) Dr. Cox.
6. What does the Duke find on December 13 in the store room?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A book.
(c) A microscope.
(d) A map.
7. Who joins the Duke on the train?
(a) A widowed woman.
(c) A young child.
(d) A young mother.
8. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what does Clements show the Duke?
(a) An old pipe.
(b) A map of the town.
(c) An ancient pair of ice skates.
(d) A picture from his youth.
9. What does the Duke need from Reverend Mellor?
(a) Information on getting married in the chruch.
(c) Information on phrenology.
(d) To confinde in someone.
10. What does the Duke generally think about man?
(a) He is ingenious.
(b) He has the power to create everything.
(c) He is not a true creator.
(d) He really knows nothing.
11. What does Mr. Hendley agree to?
(a) Let the Duke ride his bike above ground.
(b) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
(c) Stop the mail.
(d) Take a carriage ride through the tunnels.
12. How does the Duke learn to relieve his loneliness in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) Listening to his staff.
(b) Just being in the presence of others.
(c) Making friends.
(d) Going outside.
13. In another story told by the housemaid, who does the Duke ask to help him with the dumbwaiter?
(b) The butler.
(c) The housemaid.
14. What does the Duke realize can happen even when surrounded by other people?
(a) You usually have a lot in common.
(b) You can still feel lonely.
(c) You can be happy.
(d) Others bother the Duke.
15. Where does Mellor invite the Duke to?
(a) Holbeck Village.
(c) Pin Hole Cave.
(d) Tile Kiln & Low Close wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke do while the locals are on his property?
2. How does the Duke feel in his reoccurring dream?
3. Who tells the Duke about his friend's death?
4. What does the Duke steal from the professor?
5. When does the Duke travel to Edinburgh?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)