|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Duke feel skating with the others?
(b) A sense of fellowship.
2. What preoccupies the Duke on December 2, 5, and 7?
(a) The phantom boy.
(b) His thoughts.
(c) The tunnel project.
(d) The dying trees.
3. In a final story by the housemaid what is the Duke doing in the tree?
(a) Trying to jusp off the highest branch.
(b) Hanging by his trousers.
(c) Building a tree house.
4. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's father doing?
(a) Asking for directions.
(b) Arguing with the Duke's mother.
5. What does Clement post on the Duke's door on the train?
(a) A sign that reads Specially Reserved.
(b) A black sheet so others can not see in the room.
(c) A sign with the Duke's name.
(d) A do not disturb sign.
6. Who does Reverend Mellor suggest the Duke pay a visit to?
(a) A man in Holbeck Village.
(b) The Mayor.
(d) An expert in Edinburgh.
7. What does the Duke realize can happen even when surrounded by other people?
(a) You usually have a lot in common.
(b) You can still feel lonely.
(c) You can be happy.
(d) Others bother the Duke.
8. What is unique about the Duke's finding in one of the old stalls?
(a) It is the missing piece to his life the Duke has been searching.
(b) It maps out phrenologically important lines on the skull.
(c) It suggests he was adopted.
(d) It revels the true amount of his fortune.
9. Who does the Duke visit on December 22nd?
(b) Dr. Cox.
(c) Mr. Bird.
(d) Reverend Mellor.
10. What regarding Fowler's bust was the Duke forbidden to do?
(a) Play with it.
(b) Look at it.
(c) Clean it.
(d) Touch it.
11. What does the Duke learn to do by ice skating?
(a) Interact with others.
(b) Be normal.
(c) Ice stake backward.
(d) Do turns on the ice.
12. What does the Duke steal from the professor?
(a) A trepanning kit.
(c) The keys to the lab.
(d) A book.
13. Who does the Duke visit at the university in Edinburgh?
(a) Professor Shear.
(b) Professor Collins.
(c) Professor Bannister.
(d) Professor Baily.
14. By drilling a small hole into one's skull, what does the Duke learn is released?
(b) Evil spirits.
15. Where does the Duke go once in Edinburgh?
(a) The Edinburgh Inn.
(b) The Commons.
(c) Camera Obscura.
(d) The local chruch.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Duke sense the phantom boy?
2. What does the Duke find in one of the stables?
3. In the story from the Duke's childhood as told by the housemaid, once the Duke has a cart, what does he ask the housemaid to do with it?
4. What does the Duke do while the locals are on his property?
5. When does the Duke find out about a friend's death?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)