|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the staff and Dr. Cox decide to wait so long to tell the Duke about his friend's death?
(a) It would only upset him.
(b) He was out of town.
(c) The Duke was in the hospital.
(d) They too found out later.
2. What does the professor say about the process of trepanning?
(a) It is only unsed on the insane.
(b) It is commonly used.
(c) It is only used on animals.
(d) It is outdated.
3. What does Mellor show the Duke at breakfast?
(a) Blue prints.
(d) A map.
4. Who joins the Duke on the train?
(a) A widowed woman.
(c) A young mother.
(d) A young child.
5. Who tells the Duke about his friend's death?
(a) Mr. Snow.
(b) Mr. Bird.
(d) Mrs. Pledger.
6. By drilling a small hole into one's skull, what does the Duke learn is released?
(d) Evil spirits.
7. Who is Mr. Hendley?
(a) The butler.
(b) The Mayer.
(c) The Duke's driver.
(d) Local postman.
8. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what is the significance of finding the bust?
(a) It leads to the Duke madness.
(b) It provides the Duke with answers about his family.
(c) It is the proof for his sanity.
(d) It is the link between him and another family.
9. What does the Duke learn to do by ice skating?
(a) Interact with others.
(b) Do turns on the ice.
(c) Ice stake backward.
(d) Be normal.
10. Who does Reverend Mellor suggest the Duke pay a visit to?
(b) The Mayor.
(c) A man in Holbeck Village.
(d) An expert in Edinburgh.
11. What does Mr. Hendley agree to?
(a) Take a carriage ride through the tunnels.
(b) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
(c) Let the Duke ride his bike above ground.
(d) Stop the mail.
12. What does the Duke find on December 13 in the store room?
(a) A book.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A microscope.
(d) A map.
13. What does the Duke generally think about man?
(a) He has the power to create everything.
(b) He really knows nothing.
(c) He is not a true creator.
(d) He is ingenious.
14. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account," while the Duke and Mr. Hendley are in the Underground Tunnel System, what does the Duke try to persuade Mr. Hendley to do?
(a) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
(b) Take a walk through the tunnels.
(c) Let the Duke ride his bike through the tunnels.
(d) Stop delivering his mail.
15. Who does the Duke visit on December 22nd?
(a) Dr. Cox.
(c) Reverend Mellor.
(d) Mr. Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke create with the family things he finds in the attic?
2. When does the Duke travel to Edinburgh?
3. Where did Fowler's bust used to sit when the Duke was a child?
4. In the story from the Duke's childhood as told by the housemaid, once the Duke has a cart, what does he ask the housemaid to do with it?
5. What does the Duke insist on by allowing Clement to travel with him?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)