|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Duke visit at the university in Edinburgh?
(a) Professor Baily.
(b) Professor Shear.
(c) Professor Bannister.
(d) Professor Collins.
2. In a final story by the housemaid what is the Duke doing in the tree?
(a) Trying to jusp off the highest branch.
(b) Building a tree house.
(c) Hanging by his trousers.
3. What is unique about the Duke's finding in one of the old stalls?
(a) It suggests he was adopted.
(b) It revels the true amount of his fortune.
(c) It maps out phrenologically important lines on the skull.
(d) It is the missing piece to his life the Duke has been searching.
4. What does the professor say about the process of trepanning?
(a) It is commonly used.
(b) It is outdated.
(c) It is only unsed on the insane.
(d) It is only used on animals.
5. What does the Duke create with the family things he finds in the attic?
(a) A shrine.
(b) A photo album.
(c) A totem pole.
(d) More trash.
6. Who does the Duke decide to visit on December 11th?
(a) Dr. Cox.
(c) Reverend Mellor.
(d) Mr. Bird.
7. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account," while the Duke and Mr. Hendley are in the Underground Tunnel System, what does the Duke try to persuade Mr. Hendley to do?
(a) Take a walk through the tunnels.
(b) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
(c) Stop delivering his mail.
(d) Let the Duke ride his bike through the tunnels.
8. Who dies on December 8th?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Snow.
(b) Mr. Bird.
(c) Mrs. Pledger.
9. Where does the Duke go once in Edinburgh?
(a) The Commons.
(b) The Edinburgh Inn.
(c) The local chruch.
(d) Camera Obscura.
10. Based on the Mr. Hendley's account, what does the Duke have a desire to do?
(a) Have children.
(b) Have a normal career.
(c) Be wealthy.
(d) Be marries.
11. How does the Duke feel skating with the others?
(a) A sense of fellowship.
12. When does the Duke sense the phantom boy?
(a) When he smokes his father's briar pipe.
(b) Only in the underground tunnels.
(c) All the time.
(d) In the attic.
13. What does the Duke learn to do by ice skating?
(a) Ice stake backward.
(b) Do turns on the ice.
(c) Be normal.
(d) Interact with others.
14. How does the Duke decide to search for clues about himself on December 21st?
(a) From the outside of the house.
(b) By reading news clipings.
(c) By calling his family.
(d) By intervewing the townspeople.
15. Who recounts three anecdotes involving the Duke?
(a) An anonymous housemaid.
(b) Mr. Walker.
(c) Professor Bannister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Conner react to the story of the phantom boy?
2. How does the Duke feel in his reoccurring dream?
3. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's mother doing?
4. What does the Duke generally think about man?
5. Where did Fowler's bust used to sit when the Duke was a child?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)