|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke generally think about man?
(a) He is not a true creator.
(b) He has the power to create everything.
(c) He is ingenious.
(d) He really knows nothing.
2. When does the Duke find out about a friend's death?
(a) 5 days after the death.
(b) 3 days after the death.
(c) 2 days after the death.
(d) 4 days after the death.
3. In the story from the Duke's childhood as told by the housemaid, once the Duke has a cart, what does he ask the housemaid to do with it?
(a) Take the cart to his room.
(b) Move the dishes from one room to the next.
(c) Pull off the wheels of the cart.
(d) Push him around in it.
4. In another story told by the housemaid, who does the Duke ask to help him with the dumbwaiter?
(a) The housemaid.
(c) The butler.
5. What does Mr. Hendley and the reader learn about the Duke during his bike ride?
(a) The Duke wanted to be a postman.
(b) The Duke wanted to by the Mayor.
(c) The Duke learned to ride a bike as an adult.
(d) The Duke is in love with the postman's sister.
6. Who dies on December 8th?
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Snow.
(c) Mrs. Pledger.
(d) Mr. Bird.
7. How does the Duke learn to relieve his loneliness in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) Making friends.
(b) Just being in the presence of others.
(c) Going outside.
(d) Listening to his staff.
8. Where does the Duke wish to transport some plates to from the kitchen?
(a) The attic.
(b) His room.
(c) The dinning area.
(d) The guest house.
9. Why does the Duke search the attic?
(a) He is looking for clues about himslef.
(b) He is looking for his parents' will.
(c) He wants to clean it out.
(d) He is looking for family memories.
10. Who joins the Duke on the train?
(b) A widowed woman.
(c) A young mother.
(d) A young child.
11. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," who joins the Duke in the study?
(a) Mr. Hendley.
(d) Mr. Bird.
12. In his reoccurring dream, what is the Duke's mother doing?
(a) Reading a book.
13. When does the Duke travel to Edinburgh?
(a) January 6-11th.
(b) December 20-24th.
(c) January 28th.
(d) January 12-13th.
14. What does the Duke create with the family things he finds in the attic?
(a) A photo album.
(b) A shrine.
(c) A totem pole.
(d) More trash.
15. What does Clement post on the Duke's door on the train?
(a) A do not disturb sign.
(b) A sign with the Duke's name.
(c) A sign that reads Specially Reserved.
(d) A black sheet so others can not see in the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Duke's response to the local's request on December 19th?
2. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account" what does the reader learn about what the Duke thinks of himself?
3. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what does Clements show the Duke?
4. What does the Duke discuss on November 28th?
5. What begins to manifest in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)