|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Duke search the attic?
(a) He is looking for his parents' will.
(b) He wants to clean it out.
(c) He is looking for clues about himslef.
(d) He is looking for family memories.
2. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what does Clements show the Duke?
(a) A map of the town.
(b) A picture from his youth.
(c) An old pipe.
(d) An ancient pair of ice skates.
3. Who does the Duke decide to visit on December 11th?
(a) Mr. Bird.
(c) Reverend Mellor.
(d) Dr. Cox.
4. Based on the Mr. Hendley's account, what does the Duke have a desire to do?
(a) Have a normal career.
(b) Be marries.
(c) Be wealthy.
(d) Have children.
5. When does the Duke find out about a friend's death?
(a) 2 days after the death.
(b) 5 days after the death.
(c) 3 days after the death.
(d) 4 days after the death.
6. Who is Mr. Hendley?
(a) Local postman.
(b) The butler.
(c) The Duke's driver.
(d) The Mayer.
7. Where does the Duke go once in Edinburgh?
(a) The Edinburgh Inn.
(b) The local chruch.
(c) Camera Obscura.
(d) The Commons.
8. Where does Mellor invite the Duke to?
(a) Pin Hole Cave.
(b) Tile Kiln & Low Close wood.
(c) Holbeck Village.
9. What does the Duke do while the locals are on his property?
(a) Yells at them.
(c) Watches them.
(d) Joins them.
10. When does the Duke travel to Edinburgh?
(a) January 12-13th.
(b) December 20-24th.
(c) January 6-11th.
(d) January 28th.
11. What does the Duke find in the attic?
(a) An old family bible.
(b) An old rocking chair.
(c) A wind up monkey.
(d) His family album.
12. What does Mellor show the Duke at breakfast?
(a) Blue prints.
(d) A map.
13. What preoccupies the Duke on December 2, 5, and 7?
(a) The phantom boy.
(b) His thoughts.
(c) The tunnel project.
(d) The dying trees.
14. What in particular upsets the Duke about his life?
(a) He never married.
(b) He is always ill.
(c) He lives alone.
(d) He hasn't created anything.
15. What does Clement post on the Duke's door on the train?
(a) A sign with the Duke's name.
(b) A sign that reads Specially Reserved.
(c) A black sheet so others can not see in the room.
(d) A do not disturb sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. By drilling a small hole into one's skull, what does the Duke learn is released?
2. How does the Duke learn to relieve his loneliness in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
3. What type of assistance does the Duke request of a housemaid in one account discussed in "From His Grace's Journal to Housemaid's Account?"
4. What do the locals ask the Duke for on December 19th?
5. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," who joins the Duke in the study?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)