|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Duke find out about a friend's death?
(a) 2 days after the death.
(b) 4 days after the death.
(c) 3 days after the death.
(d) 5 days after the death.
2. Who is Mr. Hendley?
(a) The Duke's driver.
(b) Local postman.
(c) The Mayer.
(d) The butler.
3. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what is the significance of finding the bust?
(a) It provides the Duke with answers about his family.
(b) It is the proof for his sanity.
(c) It is the link between him and another family.
(d) It leads to the Duke madness.
4. What in particular upsets the Duke about his life?
(a) He is always ill.
(b) He lives alone.
(c) He never married.
(d) He hasn't created anything.
5. What regarding Fowler's bust was the Duke forbidden to do?
(a) Clean it.
(b) Look at it.
(c) Play with it.
(d) Touch it.
6. What does the Duke find on December 13 in the store room?
(a) A book.
(b) A map.
(c) A microscope.
(d) A telescope.
7. How does the Duke feel skating with the others?
(d) A sense of fellowship.
8. During "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account," what does Clements show the Duke?
(a) A map of the town.
(b) A picture from his youth.
(c) An old pipe.
(d) An ancient pair of ice skates.
9. What does the Duke do with Fowler's bust now that his father is dead?
(a) Boxes it up.
(b) Buries it.
(c) Breaks it.
(d) Adds it to his shrine.
10. Based on the Mr. Hendley's account, what does the Duke have a desire to do?
(a) Have children.
(b) Be marries.
(c) Be wealthy.
(d) Have a normal career.
11. Why did the staff and Dr. Cox decide to wait so long to tell the Duke about his friend's death?
(a) The Duke was in the hospital.
(b) He was out of town.
(c) They too found out later.
(d) It would only upset him.
12. What does the Duke learn while visiting with a professor at the university?
(a) The process of trepanning.
(b) The rules of education.
(c) How to read palms.
(d) The meaning of happiness.
13. Where does the Duke go once in Edinburgh?
(a) The local chruch.
(b) The Commons.
(c) The Edinburgh Inn.
(d) Camera Obscura.
14. What does the Duke learn could be looked at from different perspective in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(b) His house.
(d) His tunnel system.
15. Where does the Duke wish to transport some plates to from the kitchen?
(a) The guest house.
(b) His room.
(c) The attic.
(d) The dinning area.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insists that Clement travel with the Duke?
2. What type of assistance does the Duke request of a housemaid in one account discussed in "From His Grace's Journal to Housemaid's Account?"
3. What is the Duke's response to the local's request on December 19th?
4. What was the dumbwaiter used for?
5. What does the Duke discuss on November 28th?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)