|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Duke reminded of in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) He inhabits with world with other people.
(b) People can suprise you.
(c) Trust is important to all realtionships.
(d) People can disappoint you.
2. Where did Fowler's bust used to sit when the Duke was a child?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the foyer.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In his father's study.
3. Who joins the Duke on the train?
(a) A young mother.
(b) A young child.
(c) A widowed woman.
4. Why did the staff and Dr. Cox decide to wait so long to tell the Duke about his friend's death?
(a) It would only upset him.
(b) He was out of town.
(c) They too found out later.
(d) The Duke was in the hospital.
5. What is the Duke's response to the local's request on December 19th?
(a) He denies it.
(b) He charges them a fee.
(c) He grants it.
(d) He runs the locals off by yelling at them.
6. Who insists that Clement travel with the Duke?
(a) Mr. Bird.
(b) Mrs. Pledger.
(c) Dr. Cox.
7. When might the process of trepanning be used today according to the professor?
(a) To release evil spirits.
(b) For most criminals.
(c) To release brain hemmoraging.
(d) To cure the mentally insane.
8. How does the Duke feel in his reoccurring dream?
9. What does the Duke learn could be looked at from different perspective in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) His tunnel system.
(d) His house.
10. Who recounts three anecdotes involving the Duke?
(a) An anonymous housemaid.
(b) Professor Bannister.
(c) Mr. Walker.
11. What does the professor say about the process of trepanning?
(a) It is only used on animals.
(b) It is commonly used.
(c) It is only unsed on the insane.
(d) It is outdated.
12. What are the old stables on the property used for?
(b) Maids quarters.
(c) The horses.
13. How does the Duke feel skating with the others?
(c) A sense of fellowship.
14. How does the Duke learn to relieve his loneliness in "From His Grace's Journal to Mrs. Pledger's Account?"
(a) Just being in the presence of others.
(b) Making friends.
(c) Listening to his staff.
(d) Going outside.
15. In "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Hendley's Account," while the Duke and Mr. Hendley are in the Underground Tunnel System, what does the Duke try to persuade Mr. Hendley to do?
(a) Let the Duke ride his bike through the tunnels.
(b) Stop delivering his mail.
(c) Introduce the Duke to his sister.
(d) Take a walk through the tunnels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Duke able to be with many layers of clothing while ice skating?
2. What does the Duke find in the attic?
3. What does the Duke find in one of the stables?
4. What does Mellor show the Duke at breakfast?
5. Why does the Duke want to travel alone?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)