|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke think of Mr. Snow's condition?
(a) He is not suprised.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is envious.
2. How might the Duke appear to an outsider?
3. Who runs the laundry room?
(a) Mrs. Snow.
(b) Mrs. Beaumont.
(c) Mrs. Pledger.
(d) Mrs. Pedington.
4. What does the Duke think a bad night's sleep leaves?
(b) A bad small in the room.
(c) A distinct trace on the bed sheets.
(d) One more tired.
5. When is Dr. Cox summoned to the Duke's estate?
(a) November 7th.
(b) November 8th.
(c) November 6th.
(d) November 9th.
6. How many children does Fanny Adelaide have?
7. How does Fanny Adelaide die?
(a) Falls off a bridge.
(b) Eating bad fish.
(d) Old age.
8. How much land do the tunnels cover?
(a) 1 acre.
(b) 12 miles.
(c) 17 miles.
(d) 8 miles.
9. How long does the tunnel system take to build?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
10. What is the Duke distracted by in the laundry room?
(a) The other girls.
(b) The washing machine.
(c) The odor.
(d) Soap bubbles.
11. What mental illness is suggested by the Duke's mood swings?
(a) Stockholm Syndrome.
(b) Homicidal tendencies.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
12. How does the Duke feel about the leafless condition of the trees?
(a) He does not care.
(b) It is humiliating.
(c) It is a part of life.
(d) He enjoys seeing the leaves fall.
13. Where does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
(a) The Welback estate.
(b) The Hills estate.
(c) At church.
(d) Town Hall.
14. What does the boy's energy remind the Duke of?
(a) His childhood.
(c) A dead sparrow.
15. What is the Duke's reputation based on?
(c) Idle converstaion.
(d) First hand accounts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time span for the Duke's journal entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
2. Who does the Duke meet on October 5th?
3. What does the Duke spend his last few months of life trying to do?
4. What technique of remembering is successful for the Duke?
5. What animal does the Duke has a fondness for?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)