|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke's memory of the sparrow make him think of?
(b) Different trajectories of one's life.
(c) His illness.
2. What does the Duke admit to experiencing?
(a) Dramatic mood swings.
3. What does the Duke spend his last few months of life trying to do?
(a) Make friends.
(b) Sell his estate.
(c) Live a more complete life.
(d) Justify his lonely existance.
4. What characteristic of the Duke suggests mental instability?
(a) He forgets everything.
(b) He is easily distracted.
(c) He cries when he wants to laugh.
(d) He yells for no reason.
5. What does the Duke feel about the loss of one's memory?
(a) It is a natural progression.
(b) It is also the loss of one's self.
(c) It is an unusual occurance.
(d) It will never happen to him.
6. What is the condition of Mr. Snow's memories?
7. How does Fanny Adelaide play a role in "His Graces Journal to a Local Woman's Account?"
(a) She fights with the Duke.
(b) She introduces the Duke to her sister.
(c) She moves in with the Duke.
(d) The Duke reminices about her.
8. When does the Duke write about his grooming regime?
(a) On October 10th.
(b) On October 3rd.
(c) On October 1st.
(d) On October 13th.
9. What do the gamekeeper's niece and nephew ride when they visit?
(a) A large dog.
(b) A bike.
(c) A pony.
(d) A cow.
10. What does Mr. Bird know about why the tunnels were built?
(b) To smuggle goods.
(c) For escape.
(d) The Duke is allergic to the sun.
11. What does Mr. Bowen admit to doing at the pub?
(a) Getting too drunk.
(b) Not paying.
(c) Getting into fights.
(d) Spreading gossip about the Duke.
12. What does the Duke encounter on the morning of September 30?
(a) Angry townspeople.
(b) A crow.
(c) A dead body.
(d) His wife.
13. What does the Duke use the tunnel for initially?
(a) A place to walk at night.
(c) To hide.
(d) A place to think.
14. How might the Duke appear to an outsider?
15. In addition to the woman who rums the laundry room, how many girls work there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about this job from Mr. Bird's standpoint?
2. What does the boy's energy remind the Duke of?
3. Who is the Duke's former gardener?
4. What is the condition of the Duke's body?
5. According to Mr. Bird, what is the Duke's reputation among the townspeople?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)