|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Duke visit on October 15th?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Pedington.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Beaumont.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Pledger.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Snow.
2. What does the Duke do on the morning of September 30th?
(a) Calles the Reverend.
(b) Goes to the hospital.
(c) Walks his estate.
(d) Commits suicide.
3. What does the Duke feel about the loss of one's memory?
(a) It is a natural progression.
(b) It will never happen to him.
(c) It is an unusual occurance.
(d) It is also the loss of one's self.
4. How long does the tunnel system take to build?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
5. Where does the Duke take a walk to on October 27th?
(a) The post office.
(b) Town Hall.
(d) Tile Kiln & Low Close Wood.
6. What does the boy's energy remind the Duke of?
(b) His childhood.
(c) A dead sparrow.
7. What does the Duke encounter on the morning of September 30?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A crow.
(c) His wife.
(d) Angry townspeople.
8. What do the gamekeeper's niece and nephew ride when they visit?
(a) A pony.
(b) A large dog.
(c) A cow.
(d) A bike.
9. What is the Duke's reputation based on?
(b) First hand accounts.
(c) Idle converstaion.
10. How does Mr. Bird feel about the rumors about the Duke?
(a) He started many of them.
(b) He does not belive them.
(c) He confirms them.
(d) He denies they are true.
11. What does the Duke's irrational fear of his diminishing health suggest?
(a) He is Schizophrenic.
(b) He is Bipolar.
(c) He is a hypochondriac.
(d) He is Antisocial.
12. In addition to the woman who rums the laundry room, how many girls work there?
13. What does the Duke think about Mr. Bird's gift?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) There are many flaws.
(c) He loves the gift.
(d) It is too small.
14. What mental illness is suggested by the Duke's mood swings?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
(c) Homicidal tendencies.
(d) Stockholm Syndrome.
15. What does the Duke's memory of the sparrow make him think of?
(a) His illness.
(b) Different trajectories of one's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Duke, what determines the way one's life unravels?
2. What are the characters who the Duke meets on November 2 doing?
3. What does the energy of life's eternal flame influence?
4. Who runs the laundry room?
5. When does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)