|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Grimshaw feel about the Duke keeping a graveyard for the horses?
(a) He is interested in it.
(b) He disapproves of it.
(c) He thinks it is normal.
(d) He does not understand it.
2. How does the Duke feel about what he sees on the morning of September 30th?
3. What does the building of the tunnels cause in the town?
4. What does the Duke want built on his estate?
(a) A patio.
(b) A tunnel system.
(c) A maze garden.
(d) A guest house.
5. What is the main topic concerning the Duke's grooming regime?
(a) Going bald.
(b) Cleaning his clothes.
(c) Brushing his teeth.
(d) Taking a shower.
6. What is the condition of Mr. Snow's memories?
7. What characteristic of the Duke suggests mental instability?
(a) He yells for no reason.
(b) He cries when he wants to laugh.
(c) He is easily distracted.
(d) He forgets everything.
8. How many tunnels were built?
9. What does the Duke spend his last few months of life trying to do?
(a) Justify his lonely existance.
(b) Make friends.
(c) Live a more complete life.
(d) Sell his estate.
10. What does Fanny Adelaide do for a living?
(d) Theatre performer.
11. Based on the first chapter, "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bird's Account" what could be said about the Duke's mental health?
(a) It may be unstable.
(b) He does not care.
(c) He is mentally healthy.
(d) He is visably suffering mentally.
12. According to the Duke, what determines the way one's life unravels?
(a) Planned actions.
(c) An internal flame.
13. What gift does Mr. Bird give the Duke on October 22?
(a) A horse.
(b) A book.
(c) A coin.
(d) A map.
14. Who runs the laundry room?
(a) Mrs. Beaumont.
(b) Mrs. Pledger.
(c) Mrs. Pedington.
(d) Mrs. Snow.
15. How long does the tunnel system take to build?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 1 year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke think about Mr. Bird's gift?
2. How many children does Fanny Adelaide have?
3. What does the Duke think of Mr. Snow's condition?
4. When is Dr. Cox summoned to the Duke's estate?
5. What does the Duke think a bad night's sleep leaves?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)