|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Duke's reputation based on?
(b) First hand accounts.
(c) Idle converstaion.
2. When is Dr. Cox summoned to the Duke's estate?
(a) November 8th.
(b) November 7th.
(c) November 9th.
(d) November 6th.
3. How does the Duke feel during his carriage rides through the tunnel system?
4. Who does the Duke meet on October 5th?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A gamekeeper.
(c) A preist.
(d) A teacher.
5. What does the Duke feel about the loss of one's memory?
(a) It is an unusual occurance.
(b) It is a natural progression.
(c) It will never happen to him.
(d) It is also the loss of one's self.
6. What is the date of the last entry of "From His Grace's Journal to Mr Bird's Account?"
(a) October 10th.
(b) October 15th.
(c) October 1st.
(d) October 5th.
7. How many tunnels were built?
8. Why is Dr. Cox summoned?
(a) The Duke cannot walk.
(b) The Duke has a stomach ache.
(c) The Duke has discomfort in his back.
(d) The Duke's horses are ill.
9. What mental illness is suggested by the Duke's mood swings?
(a) Stockholm Syndrome.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Homicidal tendencies.
10. How long has the Duke been going bald?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
11. Who runs the laundry room?
(a) Mrs. Pedington.
(b) Mrs. Pledger.
(c) Mrs. Snow.
(d) Mrs. Beaumont.
12. When does the Duke write about his grooming regime?
(a) On October 13th.
(b) On October 3rd.
(c) On October 10th.
(d) On October 1st.
13. What does the energy of life's eternal flame influence?
(a) When one will die.
(b) One's happiness.
(c) How active one is.
(d) How outgoing one is.
14. According to the Duke, what determines the way one's life unravels?
(a) Planned actions.
(d) An internal flame.
15. What does Mr. Bird know about why the tunnels were built?
(a) The Duke is allergic to the sun.
(b) For escape.
(d) To smuggle goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Duke take a walk to on October 27th?
2. What type of work does Mr. Bowen do for the Duke?
3. How does the Duke feel after seeing Mr. Snow?
4. How might the Duke appear to an outsider?
5. What does the Duke think a crow represents?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)