|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the characters who the Duke meets on November 2 doing?
(a) Harrassing the passerbys.
(c) Walking to school.
(d) Playing an unruly game.
2. Who does the Duke meet on October 5th?
(a) A gamekeeper.
(b) A preist.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
3. What does the Duke admit to experiencing?
(a) Dramatic mood swings.
4. What does Mr. Bird know about why the tunnels were built?
(a) To smuggle goods.
(b) For escape.
(d) The Duke is allergic to the sun.
5. Why is Dr. Cox summoned?
(a) The Duke has a stomach ache.
(b) The Duke cannot walk.
(c) The Duke's horses are ill.
(d) The Duke has discomfort in his back.
6. What does the boy's energy remind the Duke of?
(a) A dead sparrow.
(d) His childhood.
7. How long has the Duke been going bald?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
8. Whose accounts supplement the Duke's entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
(a) The gamekeeper.
(b) Mr. Grimshaw.
(c) Mr. Bowen.
(d) Mr. Bird.
9. What do the gamekeeper's niece and nephew ride when they visit?
(a) A bike.
(b) A pony.
(c) A cow.
(d) A large dog.
10. Why is the Duke hesitant to seek help from his parents as a child?
(a) They do not understand him.
(b) They are never around.
(c) They did not like when he spoke.
(d) They can not help him.
11. Based on the first chapter, "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bird's Account" what could be said about the Duke's mental health?
(a) He does not care.
(b) He is visably suffering mentally.
(c) He is mentally healthy.
(d) It may be unstable.
12. When is Dr. Cox summoned to the Duke's estate?
(a) November 8th.
(b) November 6th.
(c) November 7th.
(d) November 9th.
13. Who visits the Duke October 10th to discuss a job?
(a) A housekeeper.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A garden landscaper.
(d) A carpenter.
14. What mental illness is suggested by the Duke's mood swings?
(a) Homicidal tendencies.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Stockholm Syndrome.
15. What is sensitive to the condition of the eternal flame?
(a) One's life.
(b) One's tolerance for cold.
(c) One's hearing.
(d) One's eyesight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Bowen admit to doing at the pub?
2. What animal does the Duke has a fondness for?
3. Who does the Duke meet on November 2 while walking home from the post office?
4. How much land do the tunnels cover?
5. What does the Duke think a bad night's sleep leaves?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)