|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke think a crow represents?
2. What is the condition of the Duke's body?
3. What does the Duke's irrational fear of his diminishing health suggest?
(a) He is a hypochondriac.
(b) He is Antisocial.
(c) He is Schizophrenic.
(d) He is Bipolar.
4. What does the Duke use the tunnel for initially?
(b) A place to walk at night.
(c) A place to think.
(d) To hide.
5. How does the Duke feel after seeing Mr. Snow?
6. What does the Duke do on the morning of September 30th?
(a) Calles the Reverend.
(b) Commits suicide.
(c) Goes to the hospital.
(d) Walks his estate.
7. When does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
(a) As children.
(b) 1.5 years prior to working for him.
(c) The day he completed the job.
(d) 10 years prior to working for him.
8. In From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account, why does the Duke state that the trees losing their leaves?
(a) They do not get enough sun.
(b) It is autumn.
(c) There is a drought.
(d) They have been chopped down.
9. How does Mr. Bird feel about the rumors about the Duke?
(a) He denies they are true.
(b) He started many of them.
(c) He does not belive them.
(d) He confirms them.
10. Who does the Duke visit on October 15th?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Beaumont.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Snow.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Pledger.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Pedington.
11. Who visits the Duke October 10th to discuss a job?
(a) A garden landscaper.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A carpenter.
12. What does Mr. Bowen admit to doing at the pub?
(a) Spreading gossip about the Duke.
(b) Not paying.
(c) Getting too drunk.
(d) Getting into fights.
13. How does the Duke feel during his carriage rides through the tunnel system?
14. What does Mr. Bird draw on to provide the Duke with the necessary information for his completed job?
(a) A bible.
(b) The wall.
(c) A map of the estate.
(d) A blank piece of paper.
15. What does Mr. Bird know about why the tunnels were built?
(b) For escape.
(c) The Duke is allergic to the sun.
(d) To smuggle goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time span for the Duke's journal entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
2. What does the Duke think a bad night's sleep leaves?
3. In addition to the woman who rums the laundry room, how many girls work there?
4. Whose accounts supplement the Duke's entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
5. What does the Duke spend his last few months of life trying to do?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)