|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Bird know about why the tunnels were built?
(a) For escape.
(c) The Duke is allergic to the sun.
(d) To smuggle goods.
2. What is the date of the last entry of "From His Grace's Journal to Mr Bird's Account?"
(a) October 1st.
(b) October 5th.
(c) October 10th.
(d) October 15th.
3. What is the time span for the Duke's journal entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
(a) October 10th-October 27th.
(b) October 10th-October 17th.
(c) October 14th-October 20th.
(d) October 14th-October 17th.
4. Who visits the Duke October 10th to discuss a job?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A garden landscaper.
5. What is the condition of the Duke's body?
6. What does the Duke write about in the first part of his October 16th journal entry?
7. What does the Duke think a bad night's sleep leaves?
(b) A bad small in the room.
(c) One more tired.
(d) A distinct trace on the bed sheets.
8. Whose accounts supplement the Duke's entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
(a) Mr. Grimshaw.
(b) The gamekeeper.
(c) Mr. Bird.
(d) Mr. Bowen.
9. Why is Dr. Cox summoned?
(a) The Duke has discomfort in his back.
(b) The Duke's horses are ill.
(c) The Duke has a stomach ache.
(d) The Duke cannot walk.
10. What does the Duke describe in the October 14th journal entry?
(a) A walk in the woods.
(b) A trip into town.
(c) The tunnel system.
(d) A trip to the laundry room.
11. How does Mr. Bird feel about the rumors about the Duke?
(a) He confirms them.
(b) He denies they are true.
(c) He started many of them.
(d) He does not belive them.
12. How much land do the tunnels cover?
(a) 12 miles.
(b) 17 miles.
(c) 8 miles.
(d) 1 acre.
13. When does the Duke write about his grooming regime?
(a) On October 1st.
(b) On October 10th.
(c) On October 13th.
(d) On October 3rd.
14. How might the Duke appear to an outsider?
15. In From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account, why does the Duke state that the trees losing their leaves?
(a) There is a drought.
(b) They have been chopped down.
(c) It is autumn.
(d) They do not get enough sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duke visit on October 15th?
2. What does the Duke want built on his estate?
3. How does Mr. Grimshaw feel about the Duke keeping a graveyard for the horses?
4. How many tunnels were built?
5. When does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)