|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the first chapter, "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bird's Account" what could be said about the Duke's mental health?
(a) He does not care.
(b) He is visably suffering mentally.
(c) It may be unstable.
(d) He is mentally healthy.
2. How does Mr. Bird feel about the rumors about the Duke?
(a) He denies they are true.
(b) He confirms them.
(c) He does not belive them.
(d) He started many of them.
3. How does the Duke feel about what he sees on the morning of September 30th?
4. Where does the Duke take a walk to on October 27th?
(a) Town Hall.
(c) The post office.
(d) Tile Kiln & Low Close Wood.
5. What does the Duke describe in the October 14th journal entry?
(a) The tunnel system.
(b) A trip into town.
(c) A walk in the woods.
(d) A trip to the laundry room.
6. What is the name of one of the Duke's dogs?
(a) Mr. Brown.
7. What is the condition of Mr. Snow's memories?
8. How much land do the tunnels cover?
(a) 8 miles.
(b) 17 miles.
(c) 1 acre.
(d) 12 miles.
9. What does the Duke think about Mr. Bird's gift?
(a) He loves the gift.
(b) It is too expensive.
(c) It is too small.
(d) There are many flaws.
10. When does the Duke write about his grooming regime?
(a) On October 13th.
(b) On October 10th.
(c) On October 1st.
(d) On October 3rd.
11. What gift does Mr. Bird give the Duke on October 22?
(a) A map.
(b) A book.
(c) A coin.
(d) A horse.
12. What does the Duke's memory of the sparrow make him think of?
(a) Different trajectories of one's life.
(d) His illness.
13. What does the Duke encounter on the morning of September 30?
(a) A crow.
(b) A dead body.
(c) His wife.
(d) Angry townspeople.
14. What is the Duke distracted by in the laundry room?
(a) Soap bubbles.
(b) The odor.
(c) The other girls.
(d) The washing machine.
15. In addition to the woman who rums the laundry room, how many girls work there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time span for the Duke's journal entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
2. How does the Duke feel about the leafless condition of the trees?
3. What does Mr. Bird draw on to provide the Duke with the necessary information for his completed job?
4. How does the Duke know Fanny Adelaide?
5. Who is the Duke's former gardener?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)