|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose account is included with the Duke's in "From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account?"
(a) Mrs. Beaumont.
(b) A local woman.
(c) Mrs. Snow.
(d) Mrs. Bird.
2. Based on the first chapter, "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bird's Account" what could be said about the Duke's mental health?
(a) He is mentally healthy.
(b) It may be unstable.
(c) He is visably suffering mentally.
(d) He does not care.
3. Whose accounts supplement the Duke's entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
(a) Mr. Bowen.
(b) The gamekeeper.
(c) Mr. Grimshaw.
(d) Mr. Bird.
4. How does the Duke feel about what he sees on the morning of September 30th?
5. How many children does Fanny Adelaide have?
6. How might the Duke appear to an outsider?
7. What does the building of the tunnels cause in the town?
8. What is the time span for the Duke's journal entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
(a) October 10th-October 27th.
(b) October 10th-October 17th.
(c) October 14th-October 17th.
(d) October 14th-October 20th.
9. What does the Duke think a bad night's sleep leaves?
(a) A distinct trace on the bed sheets.
(b) A bad small in the room.
(c) One more tired.
10. What does the Duke's memory of the sparrow make him think of?
(a) His illness.
(b) Different trajectories of one's life.
11. What does the Duke think of Mr. Snow's condition?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He is envious.
(d) He is not suprised.
12. What does the Duke encounter on the morning of September 30?
(a) Angry townspeople.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A crow.
(d) His wife.
13. What are the characters who the Duke meets on November 2 doing?
(a) Walking to school.
(b) Harrassing the passerbys.
(c) Playing an unruly game.
14. How long does the tunnel system take to build?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 5 years.
15. What characteristic of the Duke suggests mental instability?
(a) He cries when he wants to laugh.
(b) He yells for no reason.
(c) He is easily distracted.
(d) He forgets everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Dr. Cox summoned to the Duke's estate?
2. What is the date of the first journal entry?
3. What is the Duke looking for on the morning of October 14th?
4. What gift does Mr. Bird give the Duke on October 22?
5. What is the condition of the Duke's body?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)