|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke feel about the loss of one's memory?
(a) It will never happen to him.
(b) It is also the loss of one's self.
(c) It is a natural progression.
(d) It is an unusual occurance.
2. Who does the Duke visit on October 15th?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Snow.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Pedington.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Pledger.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Beaumont.
3. What does the Duke do on the morning of September 30th?
(a) Goes to the hospital.
(b) Calles the Reverend.
(c) Walks his estate.
(d) Commits suicide.
4. What does the Duke spend his last few months of life trying to do?
(a) Make friends.
(b) Sell his estate.
(c) Justify his lonely existance.
(d) Live a more complete life.
5. How might the Duke appear to an outsider?
6. In From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account, why does the Duke state that the trees losing their leaves?
(a) It is autumn.
(b) They do not get enough sun.
(c) There is a drought.
(d) They have been chopped down.
7. What does the Duke think about Mr. Bird's gift?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) He loves the gift.
(c) It is too small.
(d) There are many flaws.
8. How does the Duke feel about what he sees on the morning of September 30th?
9. What is the Duke's reputation based on?
(c) Idle converstaion.
(d) First hand accounts.
10. What does the Duke think of Mr. Snow's condition?
(a) He is not suprised.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He is envious.
(d) He is confused.
11. Who does the Duke meet on November 2 while walking home from the post office?
(a) The preacher.
(b) 2 young boys.
(c) An old woman.
(d) The Mayor.
12. When does the Duke use the tunnel system for the first time?
(a) October 14th.
(b) October 17th.
(c) October 16th.
(d) October 15th.
13. Based on the first chapter, "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bird's Account" what could be said about the Duke's mental health?
(a) He does not care.
(b) He is mentally healthy.
(c) It may be unstable.
(d) He is visably suffering mentally.
14. When does the Duke write about his grooming regime?
(a) On October 10th.
(b) On October 13th.
(c) On October 1st.
(d) On October 3rd.
15. How much land do the tunnels cover?
(a) 8 miles.
(b) 1 acre.
(c) 12 miles.
(d) 17 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Snow's condition?
2. How many tunnels were built?
3. What is the job title of Mr. Grimshaw?
4. What does the Duke admit to experiencing?
5. Whose point of view is added in after the Duke's journal entries?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)