|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Duke's reputation based on?
(a) First hand accounts.
(c) Idle converstaion.
2. What does the Duke spend his last few months of life trying to do?
(a) Make friends.
(b) Live a more complete life.
(c) Sell his estate.
(d) Justify his lonely existance.
3. Why is the Duke hesitant to seek help from his parents as a child?
(a) They can not help him.
(b) They are never around.
(c) They do not understand him.
(d) They did not like when he spoke.
4. What does the Duke think a bad night's sleep leaves?
(a) One more tired.
(c) A distinct trace on the bed sheets.
(d) A bad small in the room.
5. What does Mr. Bird know about why the tunnels were built?
(a) To smuggle goods.
(b) The Duke is allergic to the sun.
(d) For escape.
6. What does the Duke do on the morning of September 30th?
(a) Calles the Reverend.
(b) Walks his estate.
(c) Commits suicide.
(d) Goes to the hospital.
7. How much land do the tunnels cover?
(a) 1 acre.
(b) 12 miles.
(c) 8 miles.
(d) 17 miles.
8. What is the date of the first journal entry?
(a) October 1sr.
(b) September 28th.
(c) September 30th.
(d) September 29th.
9. Whose point of view is added in after the Duke's journal entries?
(a) The maid's
(b) The Duke as a child.
(c) Mr. Bird's.
(d) The Duke's wife.
10. What is the main topic concerning the Duke's grooming regime?
(a) Cleaning his clothes.
(b) Taking a shower.
(c) Brushing his teeth.
(d) Going bald.
11. When does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
(a) 1.5 years prior to working for him.
(b) As children.
(c) 10 years prior to working for him.
(d) The day he completed the job.
12. What does the Duke feel about the loss of one's memory?
(a) It is a natural progression.
(b) It is also the loss of one's self.
(c) It is an unusual occurance.
(d) It will never happen to him.
13. What technique of remembering is successful for the Duke?
(a) Writing things down.
(b) Thinking backward.
(c) Recording his thoughts.
(d) Smells and sounds.
14. What is the Duke looking for on the morning of October 14th?
(a) The crow.
(b) The old dog.
(c) His butler.
(d) His socks.
15. What is the name of one of the Duke's dogs?
(c) Mr. Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke describe in the October 14th journal entry?
2. What does the Duke want built on his estate?
3. What type of work does Mr. Bowen do for the Duke?
4. According to Mr. Bird, what is the Duke's reputation among the townspeople?
5. What mental illness is suggested by the Duke's mood swings?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)