Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to the woman who rums the laundry room, how many girls work there?
2. Who is the Duke's former gardener?
(a) Mr. Snow.
(b) Mr. Beaumont.
(c) Mr. Pedington.
(d) Mr. Pledger.
3. Whose account is included with the Duke's in "From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account?"
(a) Mrs. Beaumont.
(b) A local woman.
(c) Mrs. Bird.
(d) Mrs. Snow.
4. What is the name of one of the Duke's dogs?
(c) Mr. Brown.
5. What is the time span for the Duke's journal entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
(a) October 14th-October 20th.
(b) October 10th-October 27th.
(c) October 14th-October 17th.
(d) October 10th-October 17th.
6. How does the Duke feel about what he sees on the morning of September 30th?
7. How does Fanny Adelaide die?
(a) Old age.
(c) Eating bad fish.
(d) Falls off a bridge.
8. What does the Duke think a bad night's sleep leaves?
(b) A distinct trace on the bed sheets.
(c) One more tired.
(d) A bad small in the room.
9. Who does the Duke meet on October 5th?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A preist.
(c) A gamekeeper.
(d) A teacher.
10. What do the gamekeeper's niece and nephew ride when they visit?
(a) A pony.
(b) A cow.
(c) A bike.
(d) A large dog.
11. What does the Duke spend his last few months of life trying to do?
(a) Make friends.
(b) Sell his estate.
(c) Justify his lonely existance.
(d) Live a more complete life.
12. What does the Duke think the soap bubbles in the sink look like?
(a) The British Isles.
(b) The crow.
13. In From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account, why does the Duke state that the trees losing their leaves?
(a) It is autumn.
(b) They have been chopped down.
(c) They do not get enough sun.
(d) There is a drought.
14. What does the energy of life's eternal flame influence?
(a) One's happiness.
(b) How active one is.
(c) How outgoing one is.
(d) When one will die.
15. What does the Duke want built on his estate?
(a) A guest house.
(b) A patio.
(c) A tunnel system.
(d) A maze garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke do on the morning of September 30th?
2. What does the Duke describe in the October 14th journal entry?
3. What does the Duke's memory of the sparrow make him think of?
4. What is sensitive to the condition of the eternal flame?
5. What does Fanny Adelaide do for a living?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)