|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Dr. Cox summoned to the Duke's estate?
(a) November 8th.
(b) November 6th.
(c) November 7th.
(d) November 9th.
2. What is the job title of Mr. Grimshaw?
(a) Carriage driver.
3. Why is the Duke hesitant to seek help from his parents as a child?
(a) They can not help him.
(b) They do not understand him.
(c) They did not like when he spoke.
(d) They are never around.
4. What does Fanny Adelaide do for a living?
(b) Theatre performer.
5. What do the gamekeeper's niece and nephew ride when they visit?
(a) A cow.
(b) A pony.
(c) A bike.
(d) A large dog.
6. When does the Duke write about his grooming regime?
(a) On October 3rd.
(b) On October 13th.
(c) On October 1st.
(d) On October 10th.
7. Where does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
(a) At church.
(b) Town Hall.
(c) The Welback estate.
(d) The Hills estate.
8. Who does the Duke meet on November 2 while walking home from the post office?
(a) 2 young boys.
(b) The Mayor.
(c) An old woman.
(d) The preacher.
9. How does Fanny Adelaide die?
(b) Eating bad fish.
(c) Falls off a bridge.
(d) Old age.
10. When does the Duke use the tunnel system for the first time?
(a) October 15th.
(b) October 16th.
(c) October 14th.
(d) October 17th.
11. How does Mr. Grimshaw feel about the Duke keeping a graveyard for the horses?
(a) He disapproves of it.
(b) He does not understand it.
(c) He thinks it is normal.
(d) He is interested in it.
12. What does the Duke encounter on the morning of September 30?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A crow.
(c) Angry townspeople.
(d) His wife.
13. What technique of remembering is successful for the Duke?
(a) Thinking backward.
(b) Writing things down.
(c) Smells and sounds.
(d) Recording his thoughts.
14. How many tunnels were built?
15. What is the Duke looking for on the morning of October 14th?
(a) The crow.
(b) His butler.
(c) His socks.
(d) The old dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the energy of life's eternal flame influence?
2. Where does the Duke take a walk to on October 27th?
3. What does the Duke want built on his estate?
4. According to the Duke, what determines the way one's life unravels?
5. Who does the Duke visit on October 15th?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)