|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the gamekeeper's niece and nephew ride when they visit?
(a) A large dog.
(b) A cow.
(c) A bike.
(d) A pony.
2. Who visits the Duke October 10th to discuss a job?
(a) A housekeeper.
(b) A garden landscaper.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A doctor.
3. When does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
(a) The day he completed the job.
(b) As children.
(c) 1.5 years prior to working for him.
(d) 10 years prior to working for him.
4. What is the condition of Mr. Snow's memories?
5. How does the Duke feel during his carriage rides through the tunnel system?
6. How does the Duke feel after seeing Mr. Snow?
7. How does the Duke feel about the leafless condition of the trees?
(a) He does not care.
(b) It is humiliating.
(c) It is a part of life.
(d) He enjoys seeing the leaves fall.
8. What characteristic of the Duke suggests mental instability?
(a) He is easily distracted.
(b) He yells for no reason.
(c) He forgets everything.
(d) He cries when he wants to laugh.
9. Who is the Duke's former gardener?
(a) Mr. Beaumont.
(b) Mr. Pedington.
(c) Mr. Snow.
(d) Mr. Pledger.
10. What does Fanny Adelaide do for a living?
(d) Theatre performer.
11. What does the Duke use the tunnel for initially?
(a) A place to think.
(b) A place to walk at night.
(c) To hide.
12. How does the Duke know Fanny Adelaide?
(a) She is the Duke's maid.
(b) She and the Duke were engaged.
(c) She is in love with the Duke.
(d) She is the Duke's wife.
13. How many tunnels were built?
14. What is unique about this job from Mr. Bird's standpoint?
(a) It is his largest job.
(b) He was paid triple.
(c) He was not paid.
(d) It was his smallest job.
15. What does Mr. Bird draw on to provide the Duke with the necessary information for his completed job?
(a) A blank piece of paper.
(b) A map of the estate.
(c) A bible.
(d) The wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Duke use the tunnel system for the first time?
2. What does the Duke think a bad night's sleep leaves?
3. How does Fanny Adelaide die?
4. When is Dr. Cox summoned to the Duke's estate?
5. How long has the Duke been going bald?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)