|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Fanny Adelaide have?
2. In addition to the woman who rums the laundry room, how many girls work there?
3. How does the Duke feel about what he sees on the morning of September 30th?
4. What does Mr. Bowen admit to doing at the pub?
(a) Getting too drunk.
(b) Not paying.
(c) Spreading gossip about the Duke.
(d) Getting into fights.
5. What does the building of the tunnels cause in the town?
6. What about two young boys impresses the Duke?
(a) Their style.
(b) Their intelligence.
(c) Their energy.
(d) Their manners.
7. What is the Duke distracted by in the laundry room?
(a) Soap bubbles.
(b) The odor.
(c) The washing machine.
(d) The other girls.
8. Who is the Duke's former gardener?
(a) Mr. Pedington.
(b) Mr. Snow.
(c) Mr. Beaumont.
(d) Mr. Pledger.
9. What is the Duke's reputation based on?
(a) First hand accounts.
(d) Idle converstaion.
10. What mental illness is suggested by the Duke's mood swings?
(a) Stockholm Syndrome.
(b) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Homicidal tendencies.
11. Why is Dr. Cox summoned?
(a) The Duke's horses are ill.
(b) The Duke has a stomach ache.
(c) The Duke cannot walk.
(d) The Duke has discomfort in his back.
12. Who does the Duke visit on October 15th?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Pedington.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Pledger.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Beaumont.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Snow.
13. Whose accounts supplement the Duke's entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
(a) Mr. Bowen.
(b) The gamekeeper.
(c) Mr. Bird.
(d) Mr. Grimshaw.
14. How does Mr. Grimshaw feel about the Duke keeping a graveyard for the horses?
(a) He disapproves of it.
(b) He does not understand it.
(c) He is interested in it.
(d) He thinks it is normal.
15. What does the Duke think a bad night's sleep leaves?
(a) A bad small in the room.
(c) One more tired.
(d) A distinct trace on the bed sheets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the energy of life's eternal flame influence?
2. What does the boy's energy remind the Duke of?
3. What is sensitive to the condition of the eternal flame?
4. What is Mr. Snow's condition?
5. What is the date of the last entry of "From His Grace's Journal to Mr Bird's Account?"
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)