|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Duke distracted by in the laundry room?
(a) The washing machine.
(b) Soap bubbles.
(c) The odor.
(d) The other girls.
2. What mental illness is suggested by the Duke's mood swings?
(a) Stockholm Syndrome.
(b) Bipolar disorder.
(c) Homicidal tendencies.
3. Based on the first chapter, "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bird's Account" what could be said about the Duke's mental health?
(a) He is mentally healthy.
(b) He is visably suffering mentally.
(c) It may be unstable.
(d) He does not care.
4. What about two young boys impresses the Duke?
(a) Their style.
(b) Their intelligence.
(c) Their manners.
(d) Their energy.
5. How much land do the tunnels cover?
(a) 17 miles.
(b) 12 miles.
(c) 8 miles.
(d) 1 acre.
6. How long has the Duke been going bald?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
7. In addition to the woman who rums the laundry room, how many girls work there?
8. Where does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
(a) At church.
(b) Town Hall.
(c) The Hills estate.
(d) The Welback estate.
9. What does the energy of life's eternal flame influence?
(a) One's happiness.
(b) How active one is.
(c) When one will die.
(d) How outgoing one is.
10. What is the Duke looking for on the morning of October 14th?
(a) His butler.
(b) The old dog.
(c) His socks.
(d) The crow.
11. What characteristic of the Duke suggests mental instability?
(a) He yells for no reason.
(b) He forgets everything.
(c) He cries when he wants to laugh.
(d) He is easily distracted.
12. What is Mr. Snow's condition?
(a) He is healthy.
(b) He is diminished physically and mentally.
(c) He is the same as always.
(d) He is dying of cancer.
13. In From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account, why does the Duke state that the trees losing their leaves?
(a) They do not get enough sun.
(b) It is autumn.
(c) They have been chopped down.
(d) There is a drought.
14. When does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
(a) The day he completed the job.
(b) 1.5 years prior to working for him.
(c) As children.
(d) 10 years prior to working for him.
15. What does Mr. Bowen admit to doing at the pub?
(a) Getting too drunk.
(b) Spreading gossip about the Duke.
(c) Getting into fights.
(d) Not paying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke spend his last few months of life trying to do?
2. What does the Duke write about in the first part of his October 16th journal entry?
3. What does the Duke think the soap bubbles in the sink look like?
4. How does Fanny Adelaide die?
5. How does Mr. Bird feel about the rumors about the Duke?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)