|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the first chapter, "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bird's Account" what could be said about the Duke's mental health?
(a) He is mentally healthy.
(b) He does not care.
(c) It may be unstable.
(d) He is visably suffering mentally.
2. Who does the Duke visit on October 15th?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Pedington.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Beaumont.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Snow.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Pledger.
3. What does Mr. Bird know about why the tunnels were built?
(b) To smuggle goods.
(c) The Duke is allergic to the sun.
(d) For escape.
4. What does the Duke think the soap bubbles in the sink look like?
(c) The British Isles.
(d) The crow.
5. How does the Duke know Fanny Adelaide?
(a) She and the Duke were engaged.
(b) She is the Duke's maid.
(c) She is the Duke's wife.
(d) She is in love with the Duke.
6. What is the job title of Mr. Grimshaw?
(d) Carriage driver.
7. What does the Duke spend his last few months of life trying to do?
(a) Make friends.
(b) Justify his lonely existance.
(c) Sell his estate.
(d) Live a more complete life.
8. What is the date of the first journal entry?
(a) October 1sr.
(b) September 30th.
(c) September 29th.
(d) September 28th.
9. What is the Duke looking for on the morning of October 14th?
(a) The crow.
(b) His butler.
(c) The old dog.
(d) His socks.
10. What do the gamekeeper's niece and nephew ride when they visit?
(a) A pony.
(b) A cow.
(c) A large dog.
(d) A bike.
11. What does the Duke want built on his estate?
(a) A guest house.
(b) A tunnel system.
(c) A patio.
(d) A maze garden.
12. How does Mr. Bird feel about the rumors about the Duke?
(a) He denies they are true.
(b) He does not belive them.
(c) He started many of them.
(d) He confirms them.
13. Who does the Duke meet on October 5th?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A preist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A gamekeeper.
14. Who visits the Duke October 10th to discuss a job?
(a) A housekeeper.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A garden landscaper.
15. What does the Duke think a crow represents?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Dr. Cox summoned to the Duke's estate?
2. What is unique about this job from Mr. Bird's standpoint?
3. How might the Duke appear to an outsider?
4. When does the Duke write about his grooming regime?
5. How does the Duke feel about what he sees on the morning of September 30th?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)