|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of the Duke's body?
2. Why is Dr. Cox summoned?
(a) The Duke's horses are ill.
(b) The Duke has a stomach ache.
(c) The Duke cannot walk.
(d) The Duke has discomfort in his back.
3. What is the condition of Mr. Snow's memories?
4. What is the main topic concerning the Duke's grooming regime?
(a) Brushing his teeth.
(b) Cleaning his clothes.
(c) Going bald.
(d) Taking a shower.
5. How does the Duke feel about the leafless condition of the trees?
(a) He does not care.
(b) It is humiliating.
(c) He enjoys seeing the leaves fall.
(d) It is a part of life.
6. How does the Duke feel after seeing Mr. Snow?
7. Why is the Duke hesitant to seek help from his parents as a child?
(a) They can not help him.
(b) They are never around.
(c) They did not like when he spoke.
(d) They do not understand him.
8. What does the Duke's memory of the sparrow make him think of?
(a) His illness.
(b) Different trajectories of one's life.
9. How does Fanny Adelaide play a role in "His Graces Journal to a Local Woman's Account?"
(a) She fights with the Duke.
(b) The Duke reminices about her.
(c) She introduces the Duke to her sister.
(d) She moves in with the Duke.
10. What does the Duke think of Mr. Snow's condition?
(a) He is envious.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He is not suprised.
(d) He is confused.
11. What animal does the Duke has a fondness for?
12. What mental illness is suggested by the Duke's mood swings?
(a) Homicidal tendencies.
(c) Stockholm Syndrome.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
13. How does Fanny Adelaide die?
(b) Old age.
(c) Falls off a bridge.
(d) Eating bad fish.
14. What is Mr. Snow's condition?
(a) He is the same as always.
(b) He is healthy.
(c) He is dying of cancer.
(d) He is diminished physically and mentally.
15. How does Mr. Bird feel about the rumors about the Duke?
(a) He does not belive them.
(b) He started many of them.
(c) He denies they are true.
(d) He confirms them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account, why does the Duke state that the trees losing their leaves?
2. How does the Duke feel about what he sees on the morning of September 30th?
3. What does Fanny Adelaide do for a living?
4. When does the Duke write about his grooming regime?
5. Who visits the Duke October 10th to discuss a job?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)