|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke encounter on the morning of September 30?
(a) Angry townspeople.
(b) His wife.
(c) A crow.
(d) A dead body.
2. Whose account is included with the Duke's in "From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account?"
(a) Mrs. Bird.
(b) Mrs. Snow.
(c) Mrs. Beaumont.
(d) A local woman.
3. In From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account, why does the Duke state that the trees losing their leaves?
(a) There is a drought.
(b) It is autumn.
(c) They do not get enough sun.
(d) They have been chopped down.
4. What does Mr. Bowen admit to doing at the pub?
(a) Spreading gossip about the Duke.
(b) Getting too drunk.
(c) Not paying.
(d) Getting into fights.
5. What does the Duke write about in the first part of his October 16th journal entry?
6. What is the name of one of the Duke's dogs?
(b) Mr. Brown.
7. How does the Duke know Fanny Adelaide?
(a) She is the Duke's wife.
(b) She is in love with the Duke.
(c) She is the Duke's maid.
(d) She and the Duke were engaged.
8. What is the Duke's reputation based on?
(a) First hand accounts.
(b) Idle converstaion.
9. How does Fanny Adelaide play a role in "His Graces Journal to a Local Woman's Account?"
(a) She moves in with the Duke.
(b) She introduces the Duke to her sister.
(c) She fights with the Duke.
(d) The Duke reminices about her.
10. What characteristic of the Duke suggests mental instability?
(a) He forgets everything.
(b) He is easily distracted.
(c) He cries when he wants to laugh.
(d) He yells for no reason.
11. According to Mr. Bird, what is the Duke's reputation among the townspeople?
12. What is the Duke distracted by in the laundry room?
(a) The other girls.
(b) The odor.
(c) The washing machine.
(d) Soap bubbles.
13. What does the Duke feel about the loss of one's memory?
(a) It is an unusual occurance.
(b) It is a natural progression.
(c) It is also the loss of one's self.
(d) It will never happen to him.
14. What is the time span for the Duke's journal entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
(a) October 10th-October 27th.
(b) October 14th-October 20th.
(c) October 10th-October 17th.
(d) October 14th-October 17th.
15. What does the Duke think a crow represents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the rumors spread about the Duke?
2. What is the condition of Mr. Snow's memories?
3. What does the Duke think the soap bubbles in the sink look like?
4. How does the Duke feel about what he sees on the morning of September 30th?
5. What does the Duke admit to experiencing?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)