|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
(a) At church.
(b) The Welback estate.
(c) The Hills estate.
(d) Town Hall.
2. What do the gamekeeper's niece and nephew ride when they visit?
(a) A bike.
(b) A cow.
(c) A pony.
(d) A large dog.
3. What is the Duke distracted by in the laundry room?
(a) The other girls.
(b) The washing machine.
(c) Soap bubbles.
(d) The odor.
4. Where does the Duke take a walk to on October 27th?
(a) Town Hall.
(c) The post office.
(d) Tile Kiln & Low Close Wood.
5. According to Mr. Bird, what is the Duke's reputation among the townspeople?
6. What does the Duke describe in the October 14th journal entry?
(a) A trip into town.
(b) A walk in the woods.
(c) The tunnel system.
(d) A trip to the laundry room.
7. Who is the Duke's former gardener?
(a) Mr. Snow.
(b) Mr. Beaumont.
(c) Mr. Pedington.
(d) Mr. Pledger.
8. How long does the tunnel system take to build?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
9. In addition to the woman who rums the laundry room, how many girls work there?
10. What are the characters who the Duke meets on November 2 doing?
(a) Harrassing the passerbys.
(c) Walking to school.
(d) Playing an unruly game.
11. How does Fanny Adelaide die?
(a) Eating bad fish.
(b) Falls off a bridge.
(c) Old age.
12. In From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account, why does the Duke state that the trees losing their leaves?
(a) They do not get enough sun.
(b) They have been chopped down.
(c) It is autumn.
(d) There is a drought.
13. How does Mr. Grimshaw feel about the Duke keeping a graveyard for the horses?
(a) He disapproves of it.
(b) He is interested in it.
(c) He does not understand it.
(d) He thinks it is normal.
14. What does the building of the tunnels cause in the town?
15. What does the Duke spend his last few months of life trying to do?
(a) Sell his estate.
(b) Make friends.
(c) Justify his lonely existance.
(d) Live a more complete life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of Mr. Snow's memories?
2. What does the Duke write about in the first part of his October 16th journal entry?
3. Who does the Duke meet on October 5th?
4. What does the boy's energy remind the Duke of?
5. How much land do the tunnels cover?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)