|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke encounter on the morning of September 30?
(a) A crow.
(b) Angry townspeople.
(c) His wife.
(d) A dead body.
2. What does the Duke admit to experiencing?
(c) Dramatic mood swings.
3. What does the Duke spend his last few months of life trying to do?
(a) Justify his lonely existance.
(b) Make friends.
(c) Live a more complete life.
(d) Sell his estate.
4. When does the Duke use the tunnel system for the first time?
(a) October 14th.
(b) October 17th.
(c) October 15th.
(d) October 16th.
5. What is one of the rumors spread about the Duke?
(a) He lives with a mad man.
(b) He hunts big foot.
(c) He is deformed.
(d) He is poor.
6. How does Fanny Adelaide play a role in "His Graces Journal to a Local Woman's Account?"
(a) She introduces the Duke to her sister.
(b) The Duke reminices about her.
(c) She fights with the Duke.
(d) She moves in with the Duke.
7. How does the Duke feel during his carriage rides through the tunnel system?
8. Who is the Duke's former gardener?
(a) Mr. Beaumont.
(b) Mr. Pedington.
(c) Mr. Pledger.
(d) Mr. Snow.
9. How long has the Duke been going bald?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 10 years.
10. What are the characters who the Duke meets on November 2 doing?
(a) Playing an unruly game.
(b) Harrassing the passerbys.
(d) Walking to school.
11. What is unique about this job from Mr. Bird's standpoint?
(a) It was his smallest job.
(b) It is his largest job.
(c) He was paid triple.
(d) He was not paid.
12. In addition to the woman who rums the laundry room, how many girls work there?
13. What is the Duke looking for on the morning of October 14th?
(a) His socks.
(b) The crow.
(c) His butler.
(d) The old dog.
14. What does the building of the tunnels cause in the town?
15. What gift does Mr. Bird give the Duke on October 22?
(a) A book.
(b) A coin.
(c) A horse.
(d) A map.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time span for the Duke's journal entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
2. Who visits the Duke October 10th to discuss a job?
3. Who does the Duke visit on October 15th?
4. Based on the first chapter, "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bird's Account" what could be said about the Duke's mental health?
5. What is the name of one of the Duke's dogs?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)