|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does the Duke has a fondness for?
2. What does Fanny Adelaide do for a living?
(c) Theatre performer.
3. What is the Duke looking for on the morning of October 14th?
(a) His socks.
(b) The crow.
(c) The old dog.
(d) His butler.
4. Who does the Duke meet on November 2 while walking home from the post office?
(a) 2 young boys.
(b) The preacher.
(c) An old woman.
(d) The Mayor.
5. Why is Dr. Cox summoned?
(a) The Duke has discomfort in his back.
(b) The Duke cannot walk.
(c) The Duke has a stomach ache.
(d) The Duke's horses are ill.
6. In addition to the woman who rums the laundry room, how many girls work there?
7. Who is the Duke's former gardener?
(a) Mr. Pedington.
(b) Mr. Pledger.
(c) Mr. Snow.
(d) Mr. Beaumont.
8. How does the Duke feel during his carriage rides through the tunnel system?
9. What is the date of the last entry of "From His Grace's Journal to Mr Bird's Account?"
(a) October 10th.
(b) October 15th.
(c) October 1st.
(d) October 5th.
10. What does the Duke admit to experiencing?
(a) Dramatic mood swings.
11. According to the Duke, what determines the way one's life unravels?
(b) Planned actions.
(c) An internal flame.
12. What does the Duke describe in the October 14th journal entry?
(a) A walk in the woods.
(b) A trip to the laundry room.
(c) The tunnel system.
(d) A trip into town.
13. How long has the Duke been going bald?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 30 years.
14. What does the Duke feel about the loss of one's memory?
(a) It is an unusual occurance.
(b) It is a natural progression.
(c) It will never happen to him.
(d) It is also the loss of one's self.
15. How might the Duke appear to an outsider?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose accounts supplement the Duke's entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
2. How much land do the tunnels cover?
3. When does the Duke use the tunnel system for the first time?
4. What does the Duke want built on his estate?
5. When does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)