|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the tunnel system take to build?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 years.
2. Who does the Duke visit on October 15th?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Beaumont.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Pledger.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Pedington.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Snow.
3. What is the Duke looking for on the morning of October 14th?
(a) The old dog.
(b) The crow.
(c) His butler.
(d) His socks.
4. What are the characters who the Duke meets on November 2 doing?
(a) Playing an unruly game.
(c) Harrassing the passerbys.
(d) Walking to school.
5. What is the time span for the Duke's journal entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
(a) October 14th-October 17th.
(b) October 10th-October 27th.
(c) October 10th-October 17th.
(d) October 14th-October 20th.
6. Who is the Duke's former gardener?
(a) Mr. Pedington.
(b) Mr. Pledger.
(c) Mr. Snow.
(d) Mr. Beaumont.
7. What type of work does Mr. Bowen do for the Duke?
(c) Carriage driver.
(d) Manufactures ornaments for the tunnel system.
8. Who does the Duke meet on October 5th?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A preist.
(d) A gamekeeper.
9. What is the main topic concerning the Duke's grooming regime?
(a) Going bald.
(b) Taking a shower.
(c) Brushing his teeth.
(d) Cleaning his clothes.
10. How does the Duke feel after seeing Mr. Snow?
11. What is sensitive to the condition of the eternal flame?
(a) One's hearing.
(b) One's eyesight.
(c) One's tolerance for cold.
(d) One's life.
12. What is the name of one of the Duke's dogs?
(b) Mr. Brown.
13. What does the Duke do on the morning of September 30th?
(a) Walks his estate.
(b) Goes to the hospital.
(c) Calles the Reverend.
(d) Commits suicide.
14. What does the Duke think a bad night's sleep leaves?
(a) A bad small in the room.
(b) A distinct trace on the bed sheets.
(d) One more tired.
15. Whose accounts supplement the Duke's entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
(a) The gamekeeper.
(b) Mr. Bowen.
(c) Mr. Bird.
(d) Mr. Grimshaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke think the soap bubbles in the sink look like?
2. What is the condition of Mr. Snow's memories?
3. Who visits the Duke October 10th to discuss a job?
4. What mental illness is suggested by the Duke's mood swings?
5. Where does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)