|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about two young boys impresses the Duke?
(a) Their manners.
(b) Their intelligence.
(c) Their energy.
(d) Their style.
2. How long does the tunnel system take to build?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 years.
3. What technique of remembering is successful for the Duke?
(a) Thinking backward.
(b) Recording his thoughts.
(c) Writing things down.
(d) Smells and sounds.
4. Where does Mr. Bird meet the Duke?
(a) The Hills estate.
(b) At church.
(c) Town Hall.
(d) The Welback estate.
5. What does the Duke use the tunnel for initially?
(a) To hide.
(b) A place to think.
(d) A place to walk at night.
6. What mental illness is suggested by the Duke's mood swings?
(a) Homicidal tendencies.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Stockholm Syndrome.
7. What is Mr. Snow's condition?
(a) He is dying of cancer.
(b) He is diminished physically and mentally.
(c) He is the same as always.
(d) He is healthy.
8. Who visits the Duke October 10th to discuss a job?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) A garden landscaper.
(d) A carpenter.
9. How does Mr. Bird feel about the rumors about the Duke?
(a) He does not belive them.
(b) He denies they are true.
(c) He confirms them.
(d) He started many of them.
10. How might the Duke appear to an outsider?
11. According to the Duke, what determines the way one's life unravels?
(a) An internal flame.
(b) Planned actions.
12. Why is Dr. Cox summoned?
(a) The Duke has discomfort in his back.
(b) The Duke cannot walk.
(c) The Duke has a stomach ache.
(d) The Duke's horses are ill.
13. What does Mr. Bird know about why the tunnels were built?
(b) For escape.
(c) To smuggle goods.
(d) The Duke is allergic to the sun.
14. Whose point of view is added in after the Duke's journal entries?
(a) The Duke's wife.
(b) Mr. Bird's.
(c) The maid's
(d) The Duke as a child.
15. How does the Duke feel about the leafless condition of the trees?
(a) He does not care.
(b) He enjoys seeing the leaves fall.
(c) It is humiliating.
(d) It is a part of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose account is included with the Duke's in "From His Grace's Journal to a Local Woman's Account?"
2. What does the Duke's irrational fear of his diminishing health suggest?
3. What animal does the Duke has a fondness for?
4. What does the Duke think a crow represents?
5. What are the characters who the Duke meets on November 2 doing?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)