|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke want built on his estate?
(a) A guest house.
(b) A maze garden.
(c) A tunnel system.
(d) A patio.
2. What mental illness is suggested by the Duke's mood swings?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
(b) Stockholm Syndrome.
(c) Homicidal tendencies.
3. How long has the Duke been going bald?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. What does Mr. Bird know about why the tunnels were built?
(a) For escape.
(b) The Duke is allergic to the sun.
(c) To smuggle goods.
5. What does the boy's energy remind the Duke of?
(a) His childhood.
(c) A dead sparrow.
6. What is the condition of Mr. Snow's memories?
7. When is Dr. Cox summoned to the Duke's estate?
(a) November 9th.
(b) November 7th.
(c) November 6th.
(d) November 8th.
8. What does Fanny Adelaide do for a living?
(b) Theatre performer.
9. What is the Duke looking for on the morning of October 14th?
(a) His butler.
(b) The crow.
(c) His socks.
(d) The old dog.
10. In addition to the woman who rums the laundry room, how many girls work there?
11. How does the Duke feel about the leafless condition of the trees?
(a) He enjoys seeing the leaves fall.
(b) It is a part of life.
(c) He does not care.
(d) It is humiliating.
12. How does Mr. Grimshaw feel about the Duke keeping a graveyard for the horses?
(a) He thinks it is normal.
(b) He does not understand it.
(c) He is interested in it.
(d) He disapproves of it.
13. What does the Duke do on the morning of September 30th?
(a) Calles the Reverend.
(b) Goes to the hospital.
(c) Walks his estate.
(d) Commits suicide.
14. How much land do the tunnels cover?
(a) 1 acre.
(b) 17 miles.
(c) 8 miles.
(d) 12 miles.
15. What does the Duke think a crow represents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic of the Duke suggests mental instability?
2. What type of work does Mr. Bowen do for the Duke?
3. How does Fanny Adelaide die?
4. How does the Duke feel during his carriage rides through the tunnel system?
5. What animal does the Duke has a fondness for?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)