Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does the Duke has a fondness for?
2. What does the boy's energy remind the Duke of?
(a) His childhood.
(b) A dead sparrow.
3. What does the Duke want built on his estate?
(a) A patio.
(b) A guest house.
(c) A maze garden.
(d) A tunnel system.
4. How many tunnels were built?
5. What is the Duke distracted by in the laundry room?
(a) Soap bubbles.
(b) The other girls.
(c) The washing machine.
(d) The odor.
6. Who does the Duke meet on October 5th?
(a) A preist.
(b) A gamekeeper.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A teacher.
7. What is the condition of the Duke's body?
8. What does the Duke encounter on the morning of September 30?
(a) A crow.
(b) A dead body.
(c) Angry townspeople.
(d) His wife.
9. What is the condition of Mr. Snow's memories?
10. When does the Duke use the tunnel system for the first time?
(a) October 16th.
(b) October 15th.
(c) October 17th.
(d) October 14th.
11. What is the job title of Mr. Grimshaw?
(a) Carriage driver.
12. How might the Duke appear to an outsider?
13. What does Mr. Bird draw on to provide the Duke with the necessary information for his completed job?
(a) A blank piece of paper.
(b) A map of the estate.
(c) A bible.
(d) The wall.
14. What does the Duke think of Mr. Snow's condition?
(a) He is horrified.
(b) He is envious.
(c) He is not suprised.
(d) He is confused.
15. What about two young boys impresses the Duke?
(a) Their intelligence.
(b) Their style.
(c) Their energy.
(d) Their manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Duke feel about the leafless condition of the trees?
2. How does the Duke know Fanny Adelaide?
3. What characteristic of the Duke suggests mental instability?
4. What does the Duke's memory of the sparrow make him think of?
5. Whose accounts supplement the Duke's entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)