|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Fanny Adelaide have?
2. Who visits the Duke October 10th to discuss a job?
(a) A garden landscaper.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) A carpenter.
3. What is the name of one of the Duke's dogs?
(b) Mr. Brown.
4. What does the Duke encounter on the morning of September 30?
(a) Angry townspeople.
(b) A crow.
(c) His wife.
(d) A dead body.
5. What does the Duke think about Mr. Bird's gift?
(a) He loves the gift.
(b) It is too expensive.
(c) There are many flaws.
(d) It is too small.
6. What is unique about this job from Mr. Bird's standpoint?
(a) He was not paid.
(b) It is his largest job.
(c) It was his smallest job.
(d) He was paid triple.
7. What characteristic of the Duke suggests mental instability?
(a) He cries when he wants to laugh.
(b) He is easily distracted.
(c) He yells for no reason.
(d) He forgets everything.
8. How does the Duke feel about what he sees on the morning of September 30th?
9. What does the Duke write about in the first part of his October 16th journal entry?
10. How does the Duke feel about the leafless condition of the trees?
(a) He enjoys seeing the leaves fall.
(b) It is a part of life.
(c) He does not care.
(d) It is humiliating.
11. What is the main topic concerning the Duke's grooming regime?
(a) Taking a shower.
(b) Cleaning his clothes.
(c) Brushing his teeth.
(d) Going bald.
12. When does the Duke write about his grooming regime?
(a) On October 1st.
(b) On October 10th.
(c) On October 3rd.
(d) On October 13th.
13. What does the Duke spend his last few months of life trying to do?
(a) Make friends.
(b) Justify his lonely existance.
(c) Sell his estate.
(d) Live a more complete life.
14. What does the Duke think a crow represents?
15. What do the gamekeeper's niece and nephew ride when they visit?
(a) A pony.
(b) A bike.
(c) A cow.
(d) A large dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What technique of remembering is successful for the Duke?
2. What is the Duke distracted by in the laundry room?
3. What is the Duke's reputation based on?
4. What does the Duke describe in the October 14th journal entry?
5. Whose accounts supplement the Duke's entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)