|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Dr. Cox summoned to the Duke's estate?
(a) November 8th.
(b) November 6th.
(c) November 7th.
(d) November 9th.
2. What does the Duke feel about the loss of one's memory?
(a) It is an unusual occurance.
(b) It is a natural progression.
(c) It is also the loss of one's self.
(d) It will never happen to him.
3. How does Mr. Bird feel about the rumors about the Duke?
(a) He started many of them.
(b) He denies they are true.
(c) He does not belive them.
(d) He confirms them.
4. How does the Duke know Fanny Adelaide?
(a) She is the Duke's maid.
(b) She and the Duke were engaged.
(c) She is in love with the Duke.
(d) She is the Duke's wife.
5. What type of work does Mr. Bowen do for the Duke?
(c) Carriage driver.
(d) Manufactures ornaments for the tunnel system.
6. Whose accounts supplement the Duke's entries in "From His Grace's Journal to Mr. Bowen's Account?"
(a) The gamekeeper.
(b) Mr. Grimshaw.
(c) Mr. Bird.
(d) Mr. Bowen.
7. Whose point of view is added in after the Duke's journal entries?
(a) Mr. Bird's.
(b) The Duke as a child.
(c) The Duke's wife.
(d) The maid's
8. Who does the Duke meet on October 5th?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A preist.
(c) A gamekeeper.
(d) A doctor.
9. What is the job title of Mr. Grimshaw?
(a) Carriage driver.
10. What does Fanny Adelaide do for a living?
(b) Theatre performer.
11. How does Fanny Adelaide die?
(b) Old age.
(c) Falls off a bridge.
(d) Eating bad fish.
12. What animal does the Duke has a fondness for?
13. What does Mr. Bird know about why the tunnels were built?
(a) To smuggle goods.
(c) The Duke is allergic to the sun.
(d) For escape.
14. What does the Duke use the tunnel for initially?
(a) A place to walk at night.
(b) To hide.
(c) A place to think.
15. How many tunnels were built?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke encounter on the morning of September 30?
2. When does the Duke use the tunnel system for the first time?
3. What gift does Mr. Bird give the Duke on October 22?
4. What do the gamekeeper's niece and nephew ride when they visit?
5. Who does the Duke visit on October 15th?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)