* The reader learns that the Duke is eccentric or at the very least has a reputation of being eccentric. His reputation does not accurately reflect his actual qualities, and his mental and physical health are deteriorating.
* The Duke's has commissioned the construction of an underground tunnel system that is supposed to connect his home to various regions of his estate.
* The Duke's eccentricity encourages others to gossip about him, resulting in the Duke's public reputation.
* As the Duke ages, his behavior is increasingly eccentric.
* The Duke has noticed his own physical deterioration, but more importantly, he seems to suffer from some mental instability.
* The Duke's inability to distinguish reality from imagination causes him to behave in a way that may seem bizarre to the outside observer. In particular, the Duke reacts peculiarly to the crow he encountered during his walk...
This section contains 1,350 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)