|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Demetrio Macias promise Luis Cervantes if he brings his love to him?
(a) Any girl he wants.
(b) The money they have stolen.
(c) The box of diamonds.
(d) The gold pocket watch.
2. What premonition does Demetrio Macias have?
(a) "Something's going to happen to me."
(b) "The Federals will capture me."
(c) "Someone's going to kill me."
(d) "Mexico will rise like the sun."
3. How many men have the rebels recruited in a week?
(a) Two hundred and fifty.
(b) One hundred and fifty.
(c) Five hundred.
4. What do the rebels take from Don Monico's house?
(a) Gold and jewelry.
(b) Paper money.
(c) Food and supplies.
5. Whom does War Paint turn to for defense?
(b) Demetrio Macias.
(c) Luis Cervantes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Demetrio Macias receive orders to go from Tepatitlan?
2. Who refuses Luis Cervantes' offer of help?
3. How does Anastasio tell the time?
4. What does Luis Cervantes offer to Demetrio Macias?
5. What does the poor villager complain that Demetrio Macias' men have done to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does War Paint try to help Camila and the young girl Luis Cervantes claims as a girlfriend?
2. How does Demetrio Macias describe his relationships with women?
3. What lesson does Demetrio Macias tell Camila he has learned by watching Pifanio, the crippled man?
4. Why does Valderrama think the men of the Sierra should be treated differently than the townspeople they have killed and robbed?
5. What is the character of Margarito?
6. How are the men of the rebel band promoted in military standing?
7. Why do the rebels feel justified in stealing goods from private homes and people?
8. Why does the poet Valderrama disappear from Demetrio Macias' group?
9. Why is the crowd of villagers surprised at Demetrio Macias' behavior at Don Monico's house?
10. Why do the members of Demetrio Macias' staff all smile in a sinister way when he tells them they are stopping to have lunch with his old friend Don Monico?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)