|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anastasio wonder about now that the Federal soldiers have been defeated?
(a) When he will be promoted.
(b) Why they have to go on fighting.
(c) Where they will fight next.
(d) Who will be the provisional president.
2. What does Demetrio Macias promise Luis Cervantes if he brings his love to him?
(a) The gold pocket watch.
(b) The box of diamonds.
(c) The money they have stolen.
(d) Any girl he wants.
3. Why does War Paint become angry with Camila?
(a) Camila decides to ride with Demetrio Macias
(b) Camila is a better horsewoman than War Paint.
(c) Camila is a better markswoman than War Paint.
(d) Camila is more beautiful than War Paint.
4. What does Luis Cervantes advise Venancio to do?
(a) Stay in the army.
(b) Go to medical school.
(c) Open a Mexican restaurant.
(d) Retire to his ranch.
5. Who fights over Margarito's treatment of the villager?
(a) War Paint and Camila.
(b) Margarito and Camila.
(c) Margarito and Luis Cervantes.
(d) War Paint and Margarito.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Demetrio Macias ordered to fight in Jalisco?
2. How does Anastasio tell the time?
3. What does Camila tell Demetrio Macias about Margarito?
4. What injury does the waiter get from Margarito?
5. What surprising news do the captured men give Demetrio Macias?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the poet Valderrama disappear from Demetrio Macias' group?
2. What does War Paint tell Camila that makes the younger girl cry?
3. What was the second point of honor that Luis Cervantes loses?
4. Why is the crowd of villagers surprised at Demetrio Macias' behavior at Don Monico's house?
5. What is the difference between the way Margarito appears to Camila and the way he seems to War Paint?
6. What is the character of Margarito?
7. What did Demetrio Macias think about on the last night of his life?
8. How does War Paint try to help Camila and the young girl Luis Cervantes claims as a girlfriend?
9. What point of honor did Luis Cervantes lose when chastising Demetrio Macias for looting private homes?
10. What lies do the women in Don Monico's house tell to protect themselves?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)