|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venancio hope to do after the war?
(a) Open a Mexican restaurant.
(b) Go to medical school.
(c) Stay in the army.
(d) Retire to his ranch.
2. What act of Margarito's does Luis Cervantes say was his most noble?
(a) Margarito disappeared.
(b) Margarito sacrificed himself to save others.
(c) Margarito killed himself.
(d) Margarito retired from the army.
3. What does Margarito do when the waiter can't fill his order?
(a) He knocks the waiter down.
(b) He goes to another cantina.
(c) He shoots the waiter.
(d) He stabs the waiter.
4. Why does Valderrama not hear the news about the great defeat?
(a) Valderrama stays away when people might be killed.
(b) Valderrama was on patrol when the captives were questioned.
(c) Valderrama was asleep when the captives were questioned.
(d) Valderrama hides when bad news is being delivered.
5. Where had the two old friends originally become acquainted?
(a) Demetrio Macias' farm.
(b) The Federal army.
(c) The Escobedo Penitentiary.
(d) The tavern in Zacatecas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is wooing War Paint?
2. What does War Paint tell Camila Demetrio Macias plans to do?
3. How many men have the rebels recruited in a week?
4. What does a village man try to do to save the books from being burned?
5. Why does Margarito mistreat the Federal soldier he has taken prisoner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Demetrio Macias describe his relationships with women?
2. Why is Demetrio Macias demoralized by their attempt to fight the Orozquistas?
3. What did Demetrio Macias think about on the last night of his life?
4. How does Luis Cervantes justify stealing money from the people?
5. What lesson does Demetrio Macias tell Camila he has learned by watching Pifanio, the crippled man?
6. Why doesn't War Paint's plan to rescue Camila from Demetrio Macias succeed?
7. Why does Anastasio think the kind of fighting they did when they killed the priest is worth it?
8. What point of honor did Luis Cervantes lose when chastising Demetrio Macias for looting private homes?
9. Why is the crowd of villagers surprised at Demetrio Macias' behavior at Don Monico's house?
10. How are the men of the rebel band promoted in military standing?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)