|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refrain from the song does Demetrio Macias repeat again and again?
(a) "Home with my own true love."
(b) "They do not know why, nor do I know why."
(c) "Where the mountains call us."
(d) "Until death do us part."
2. What does War Paint tell Camila Demetrio Macias plans to do?
(a) Bring his wife to the camp.
(b) Give up the rebellion.
(c) Attack Zacatecas.
(d) Go home to his wife.
3. What does Margarito think could kill him?
(a) A faithless woman.
(b) His own pent-up rage.
(c) His own pent-up fear.
(d) A government spy.
4. Why does Pancracio shoot the sacristan of the church in the village?
(a) He was rude.
(b) He was silent.
(c) He was well dressed.
(d) He was secretive.
5. What does Camila ask Demetrio Macias for permission to do when the rebels leave?
(a) Come with him.
(b) Go home.
(c) Shoot War Paint.
(d) Carry a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Demetrio Macias offer to do if Margarito will join him?
2. How do the rebels entertain themselves in the afternoon?
3. What does Margarito claim he has trained his prisoner to do?
4. Which men have been made majors under General Demetrio Macias?
5. What does Margarito do to the villager?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the rebels feel justified in stealing goods from private homes and people?
2. What dream of Venancio's is quashed by Luis Cervantes?
3. Why do the members of Demetrio Macias' staff all smile in a sinister way when he tells them they are stopping to have lunch with his old friend Don Monico?
4. What persuades Demetrio Macias' men that the deserters they encounter are telling the truth about Villa's defeat?
5. What did Demetrio Macias think about on the last night of his life?
6. What happened to Pancracio, Lard, and Margarito after Luis Cervantes left Mexico?
7. What does Luis Cervantes suggest that they do with their stolen money?
8. How does Demetrio Macias describe his relationships with women?
9. How does War Paint try to help Camila and the young girl Luis Cervantes claims as a girlfriend?
10. Why does Anastasio think they should be able to quit fighting?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)