|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Demetrio Macias ask Luis Cervantes about the trip to Aguascalientes?
(a) He asks when they are going there.
(b) He asks how they are going there.
(c) He asks whether they are going there.
(d) He asks why they are going there.
2. Who takes Luis Cervantes' girlfriend for the night?
(a) Luis Cervantes.
(b) Demetrio Macias.
3. Why does War Paint become angry with Camila?
(a) Camila decides to ride with Demetrio Macias
(b) Camila is a better markswoman than War Paint.
(c) Camila is more beautiful than War Paint.
(d) Camila is a better horsewoman than War Paint.
4. What does Margarito call himself when he realizes he has accidentally killed his prisoner?
(a) A villain.
(b) A softie.
(c) An animal.
(d) A hero.
5. Why does Valderrama protest Demetrio Macias' order?
(a) The people of the Sierra are on their side.
(b) The people of the Sierra are harmless.
(c) The people of the Sierra are their brothers.
(d) The people of the Sierra are pitiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Luis Cervantes persuade the girl to come with him to the rebel camp?
2. Why are Quail and Lard pleased after their skirmish in Jalisco?
3. Why is Demetrio Macias in a bad mood after their skirmish in Jalisco?
4. Why have Demetrio Macias' friends prepared a banquet in his honor?
5. What organization does Luis Cervantes advise Venancio to join?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dream of Venancio's is quashed by Luis Cervantes?
2. What is the difference between the way Margarito appears to Camila and the way he seems to War Paint?
3. What did Demetrio Macias think about on the last night of his life?
4. Why does the poet Valderrama disappear from Demetrio Macias' group?
5. What does War Paint tell Camila that makes the younger girl cry?
6. Why is Demetrio Macias demoralized by their attempt to fight the Orozquistas?
7. How are the men of the rebel band promoted in military standing?
8. What is the character of Margarito?
9. Why doesn't War Paint's plan to rescue Camila from Demetrio Macias succeed?
10. How does Demetrio Macias describe his relationships with women?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)