|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the captive Sierra men refuse to answer Demetrio Macias' questions about where they are coming from?
(a) They don't speak the same dialect.
(b) They don't understand his question.
(c) They can't tell which side Demetrio Macias is on.
(d) They are Federal supporters.
2. What does Margarito think could kill him?
(a) His own pent-up fear.
(b) His own pent-up rage.
(c) A government spy.
(d) A faithless woman.
3. How many men have the rebels recruited in a week?
(a) One hundred and fifty.
(b) Five hundred.
(d) Two hundred and fifty.
4. What does Demetrio Macias promise Camila?
(a) He will send War Paint away.
(b) He will let her carry a gun.
(c) He will keep her with him always.
(d) He will let her go home.
5. What surprising news do the captured men give Demetrio Macias?
(a) Narete has been defeated in Celaya.
(b) Zapata has been defeated in Celaya.
(c) Villa has been defeated in Celaya.
(d) Huerta has been defeated in Celaya.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the rebels sleep in Tepatitlan?
2. What do Demetrio Macias' men brag about as they drink in the tavern at night?
3. What old friend does Anastasio suddenly recognize?
4. With what does War Paint threaten Camila?
5. What does Luis Cervantes propose they do with what they have plundered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lesson does Demetrio Macias tell Camila he has learned by watching Pifanio, the crippled man?
2. Why is Demetrio Macias demoralized by their attempt to fight the Orozquistas?
3. What painful memory crosses Demetrio Macias' mind as Don Monico pleads for mercy for his wife and children?
4. What persuades Demetrio Macias' men that the deserters they encounter are telling the truth about Villa's defeat?
5. Why does Valderrama think the men of the Sierra should be treated differently than the townspeople they have killed and robbed?
6. Why do the members of Demetrio Macias' staff all smile in a sinister way when he tells them they are stopping to have lunch with his old friend Don Monico?
7. What happened to Pancracio, Lard, and Margarito after Luis Cervantes left Mexico?
8. How does Demetrio Macias describe his relationships with women?
9. What dream of Venancio's is quashed by Luis Cervantes?
10. What lies do the women in Don Monico's house tell to protect themselves?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)