|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valderrama count as the rebels travel to Juchipila?
(b) Burned houses.
(c) Felled trees.
2. What injury does the waiter get from Margarito?
(a) A wounded foot.
(b) A damaged hand.
(c) A cut on the head.
(d) A lost ear.
3. How many men have the rebels recruited in a week?
(a) Five hundred.
(b) One hundred and fifty.
(d) Two hundred and fifty.
4. With what does War Paint threaten Camila?
(a) She will give Camila to Margarito.
(b) She will be her enemy if Camila gossips about Margarito.
(c) She will gossip about Camila.
(d) She will take Demetrio Macias from Camila.
5. Where is Luis Cervantes after the war?
(b) The Sierra.
(c) El Paso, Texas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camila ask Demetrio Macias for permission to do when the rebels leave?
2. What does Demetrio Macias keep in his hands even as he dies?
3. What does Margarito claim he has trained his prisoner to do?
4. Where does Demetrio Macias receive orders to go from Tepatitlan?
5. Why does War Paint leave the celebratory banquet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luis Cervantes suggest that they do with their stolen money?
2. How does War Paint try to help Camila and the young girl Luis Cervantes claims as a girlfriend?
3. What attitude does War Paint take toward Camila when Luis Cervantes brings her to camp for Demetrio Macias?
4. Why does Anastasio think they should be able to quit fighting?
5. What point of honor did Luis Cervantes lose when chastising Demetrio Macias for looting private homes?
6. Why does Valderrama think the men of the Sierra should be treated differently than the townspeople they have killed and robbed?
7. Why does Anastasio think the kind of fighting they did when they killed the priest is worth it?
8. Why do the rebels feel justified in stealing goods from private homes and people?
9. Why is Demetrio Macias demoralized by their attempt to fight the Orozquistas?
10. What lesson does Demetrio Macias tell Camila he has learned by watching Pifanio, the crippled man?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)