|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the captive Sierra men refuse to answer Demetrio Macias' questions about where they are coming from?
(a) They can't tell which side Demetrio Macias is on.
(b) They are Federal supporters.
(c) They don't speak the same dialect.
(d) They don't understand his question.
2. Why is Demetrio Macias in a bad mood after their skirmish in Jalisco?
(a) Some of his men had joined the Orozquistas.
(b) There had been no Orozquistas.
(c) They had been ambushed by Orozquistas.
(d) There had been too many Orozquistas.
3. What does Demetrio Macias offer to do if Margarito will join him?
(a) Put him in the guardhouse.
(b) Make him a major.
(c) Make him a colonel.
(d) Make him a captain.
4. What does Demetrio Macias do to the young recruit who tries to enter Don Monico's house?
(a) He admonishes him.
(b) He shoots him.
(c) He warns him.
(d) He stabs him.
5. What is Quail's response to learning of the great defeat?
(a) Now it's every man for himself.
(b) Now we are martyrs.
(c) Now we are heroes.
(d) Now we are doomed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the rebels entertain themselves in the afternoon?
2. What does War Paint do when no one defends her?
3. Why does Valderrama not hear the news about the great defeat?
4. Why does War Paint become angry with Camila?
5. What does Luis Cervantes steal from a desk the rebels break into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between the way Margarito appears to Camila and the way he seems to War Paint?
2. What does Margarito say happens to Luis Cervantes' girlfriends?
3. What lesson does Demetrio Macias tell Camila he has learned by watching Pifanio, the crippled man?
4. Why does Anastasio think they should be able to quit fighting?
5. What lies do the women in Don Monico's house tell to protect themselves?
6. How are the men of the rebel band promoted in military standing?
7. Why is Demetrio Macias demoralized by their attempt to fight the Orozquistas?
8. What happened to Pancracio, Lard, and Margarito after Luis Cervantes left Mexico?
9. Why does Anastasio think the kind of fighting they did when they killed the priest is worth it?
10. Why does the poet Valderrama disappear from Demetrio Macias' group?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)