|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Quail and Lard pleased after their skirmish in Jalisco?
(a) They have been treated like heroes.
(b) They did a lot of fighting.
(c) They were given a parade.
(d) They have a lot of loot.
2. What does Venancio hope to do after the war?
(a) Go to medical school.
(b) Retire to his ranch.
(c) Stay in the army.
(d) Open a Mexican restaurant.
3. Why does War Paint leave the celebratory banquet?
(a) She is sick and tired.
(b) She is sleepy.
(c) She is bored by speeches.
(d) She is insulted by speeches.
4. How does Luis Cervantes persuade the girl to come with him to the rebel camp?
(a) He tells her Demetrio Macias loves her.
(b) He tells her she will be well paid.
(c) He threatens harm to her family.
(d) He tells her he has come for her.
5. Which men have been made majors under General Demetrio Macias?
(a) Pancracio and Anastasio.
(b) Anastasio and Lard.
(c) Anastasio and Luis Cervantes.
(d) Margarito and Luis Cervantes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the captive Sierra men refuse to answer Demetrio Macias' questions about where they are coming from?
2. Why does Luis Cervantes object to the looting?
3. What does Anastasio wonder about now that the Federal soldiers have been defeated?
4. Why do the townspeople gather when Demetrio Macias enters Don Monico's house?
5. What premonition does Demetrio Macias have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Valderrama think the men of the Sierra should be treated differently than the townspeople they have killed and robbed?
2. What persuades Demetrio Macias' men that the deserters they encounter are telling the truth about Villa's defeat?
3. How does Luis Cervantes justify stealing money from the people?
4. What is the difference between the way Margarito appears to Camila and the way he seems to War Paint?
5. What was the second point of honor that Luis Cervantes loses?
6. How are the men of the rebel band promoted in military standing?
7. What did Demetrio Macias think about on the last night of his life?
8. How does War Paint try to help Camila and the young girl Luis Cervantes claims as a girlfriend?
9. Why is the crowd of villagers surprised at Demetrio Macias' behavior at Don Monico's house?
10. Why does the poet Valderrama disappear from Demetrio Macias' group?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)