|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the rebels going to Aguascalientes?
(a) To vote for the provisional president.
(b) To meet with the rebel generals.
(c) To take a vacation from the fighting.
(d) To meet with the federal generals.
2. Why do the captive Sierra men refuse to answer Demetrio Macias' questions about where they are coming from?
(a) They don't speak the same dialect.
(b) They can't tell which side Demetrio Macias is on.
(c) They don't understand his question.
(d) They are Federal supporters.
3. In the song Demetrio Macias sings over and over again, why does his assailant stab him?
(a) For love.
(b) For money.
(c) He doesn't know why.
(d) For God and country.
4. What does Margarito claim he has trained his prisoner to do?
(a) Face death without fear.
(b) Survive without water.
(c) Survive without eating.
(d) Walk without shoes.
5. What does Camila ask Demetrio Macias for permission to do when the rebels leave?
(a) Come with him.
(b) Go home.
(c) Shoot War Paint.
(d) Carry a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does War Paint do when no one defends her?
2. What does Margarito think could kill him?
3. Which men have been made majors under General Demetrio Macias?
4. Why are Quail and Lard pleased after their skirmish in Jalisco?
5. What does the poor villager complain that Demetrio Macias' men have done to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lies do the women in Don Monico's house tell to protect themselves?
2. What did Demetrio Macias think about on the last night of his life?
3. What happened to Pancracio, Lard, and Margarito after Luis Cervantes left Mexico?
4. What dream of Venancio's is quashed by Luis Cervantes?
5. Why is the crowd of villagers surprised at Demetrio Macias' behavior at Don Monico's house?
6. Why does Anastasio think they should be able to quit fighting?
7. What does War Paint tell Camila that makes the younger girl cry?
8. What does Margarito say happens to Luis Cervantes' girlfriends?
9. How does Demetrio Macias describe his relationships with women?
10. What was the second point of honor that Luis Cervantes loses?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)