|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luis Cervantes propose they do with what they have plundered?
(a) Stash it for the future.
(b) Help the poor.
(c) Leave the country with it.
(d) Go home with it.
2. What have they spent their money on?
(a) Advances and bonuses.
(b) Whiskey and women.
(c) Weapons and ammunition.
(d) Food and clothing.
3. Why does Valderrama protest Demetrio Macias' order?
(a) The people of the Sierra are harmless.
(b) The people of the Sierra are their brothers.
(c) The people of the Sierra are pitiful.
(d) The people of the Sierra are on their side.
4. What does a village man try to do to save the books from being burned?
(a) Trades them for jewels.
(b) Takes them back by force.
(c) Hides them.
(d) Buy them.
5. What does Quail decide to do with the plush curtains they are looting?
(a) Use them for capes.
(b) Use them to put out the barbecue fire.
(c) Use them to kidnap the girl in the family.
(d) Use them as saddle blankets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Demetrio Macias ask Luis Cervantes about the trip to Aguascalientes?
2. What does Margarito call himself when he realizes he has accidentally killed his prisoner?
3. How many men have the rebels recruited in a week?
4. What does Margarito think could kill him?
5. What does Anastasio wonder about now that the Federal soldiers have been defeated?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does War Paint try to help Camila and the young girl Luis Cervantes claims as a girlfriend?
2. What does War Paint tell Camila that makes the younger girl cry?
3. Why doesn't War Paint's plan to rescue Camila from Demetrio Macias succeed?
4. Why is the crowd of villagers surprised at Demetrio Macias' behavior at Don Monico's house?
5. What persuades Demetrio Macias' men that the deserters they encounter are telling the truth about Villa's defeat?
6. Why does the poet Valderrama disappear from Demetrio Macias' group?
7. Why does Anastasio think they should be able to quit fighting?
8. What lesson does Demetrio Macias tell Camila he has learned by watching Pifanio, the crippled man?
9. What attitude does War Paint take toward Camila when Luis Cervantes brings her to camp for Demetrio Macias?
10. Why do the rebels feel justified in stealing goods from private homes and people?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)