|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the townspeople gather when Demetrio Macias enters Don Monico's house?
(a) They want to watch the plundering.
(b) They want to offer support to the rebels.
(c) They want to help Don Monico.
(d) They want a share of the loot.
2. What does the poor villager complain that Demetrio Macias' men have done to him?
(a) Taken all his corn.
(b) Taken all his flour.
(c) Killed all his animals.
(d) Burned down his house.
3. How does Luis Cervantes persuade the girl to come with him to the rebel camp?
(a) He threatens harm to her family.
(b) He tells her Demetrio Macias loves her.
(c) He tells her he has come for her.
(d) He tells her she will be well paid.
4. What surprising news do the captured men give Demetrio Macias?
(a) Villa has been defeated in Celaya.
(b) Huerta has been defeated in Celaya.
(c) Zapata has been defeated in Celaya.
(d) Narete has been defeated in Celaya.
5. Where is Luis Cervantes after the war?
(a) El Paso, Texas.
(c) The Sierra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intervenes on behalf of the villager?
2. What does Demetrio Macias order his men to do when they enter the Sierra?
3. Who takes Luis Cervantes' girlfriend for the night?
4. What does Margarito order that the bar is unable to provide?
5. Why does Luis Cervantes recommend stopping in Aguascalientes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Demetrio Macias demoralized by their attempt to fight the Orozquistas?
2. What attitude does War Paint take toward Camila when Luis Cervantes brings her to camp for Demetrio Macias?
3. Why is the crowd of villagers surprised at Demetrio Macias' behavior at Don Monico's house?
4. What does Luis Cervantes suggest that they do with their stolen money?
5. What lies do the women in Don Monico's house tell to protect themselves?
6. How does War Paint try to help Camila and the young girl Luis Cervantes claims as a girlfriend?
7. How does Demetrio Macias describe his relationships with women?
8. What was the second point of honor that Luis Cervantes loses?
9. What did Demetrio Macias think about on the last night of his life?
10. What does War Paint tell Camila that makes the younger girl cry?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)