|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the rebels entertain themselves in the afternoon?
(b) Shooting contests.
(c) Telling war stories.
2. Why do the townspeople gather when Demetrio Macias enters Don Monico's house?
(a) They want a share of the loot.
(b) They want to offer support to the rebels.
(c) They want to watch the plundering.
(d) They want to help Don Monico.
3. What does a village man try to do to save the books from being burned?
(a) Takes them back by force.
(b) Hides them.
(c) Trades them for jewels.
(d) Buy them.
4. What does Margarito think could kill him?
(a) His own pent-up rage.
(b) His own pent-up fear.
(c) A government spy.
(d) A faithless woman.
5. Why does Valderrama not hear the news about the great defeat?
(a) Valderrama stays away when people might be killed.
(b) Valderrama was on patrol when the captives were questioned.
(c) Valderrama was asleep when the captives were questioned.
(d) Valderrama hides when bad news is being delivered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luis Cervantes advise Venancio to do?
2. How does Luis Cervantes persuade the girl to come with him to the rebel camp?
3. Why are the rebels going to Aguascalientes?
4. What refrain from the song does Demetrio Macias repeat again and again?
5. Who is Demetrio Macias ordered to fight in Jalisco?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)