|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margarito claim he has trained his prisoner to do?
(a) Survive without eating.
(b) Walk without shoes.
(c) Face death without fear.
(d) Survive without water.
2. What does War Paint promise the kidnapped girl?
(a) She will come to love the rebel life.
(b) To take her safely home.
(c) She will earn a lot of money.
(d) War Paint will stick up for her.
3. What do Demetrio Macias' men brag about as they drink in the tavern at night?
(a) The future of the country.
(b) People they have killed.
(c) Goods they have stolen.
(d) People they have frightened.
4. What refrain from the song does Demetrio Macias repeat again and again?
(a) "Home with my own true love."
(b) "Where the mountains call us."
(c) "Until death do us part."
(d) "They do not know why, nor do I know why."
5. What does Luis Cervantes advise Venancio to do?
(a) Stay in the army.
(b) Open a Mexican restaurant.
(c) Retire to his ranch.
(d) Go to medical school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does War Paint do when no one defends her?
2. How does Margarito express his suicidal wish?
3. Who takes Luis Cervantes' girlfriend for the night?
4. How does Anastasio tell the time?
5. What does Demetrio Macias take from the desk the rebels break into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luis Cervantes suggest that they do with their stolen money?
2. What was the second point of honor that Luis Cervantes loses?
3. How does Luis Cervantes justify stealing money from the people?
4. Why does Anastasio think the kind of fighting they did when they killed the priest is worth it?
5. What does Margarito say happens to Luis Cervantes' girlfriends?
6. How does War Paint try to help Camila and the young girl Luis Cervantes claims as a girlfriend?
7. Why is the crowd of villagers surprised at Demetrio Macias' behavior at Don Monico's house?
8. What is the difference between the way Margarito appears to Camila and the way he seems to War Paint?
9. Why do the rebels feel justified in stealing goods from private homes and people?
10. What painful memory crosses Demetrio Macias' mind as Don Monico pleads for mercy for his wife and children?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)