|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Luis Cervantes' girlfriend for the night?
(c) Luis Cervantes.
(d) Demetrio Macias.
2. What does a village man try to do to save the books from being burned?
(a) Buy them.
(b) Trades them for jewels.
(c) Hides them.
(d) Takes them back by force.
3. With what does War Paint threaten Camila?
(a) She will be her enemy if Camila gossips about Margarito.
(b) She will take Demetrio Macias from Camila.
(c) She will gossip about Camila.
(d) She will give Camila to Margarito.
4. Who intervenes on behalf of the villager?
(a) Luis Cervantes.
5. What old friend does Anastasio suddenly recognize?
(a) Demetrio Macias.
(d) Luis Cervantes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the rebels entertain themselves in the afternoon?
2. Why does War Paint become angry with Camila?
3. Where do the rebels sleep in Tepatitlan?
4. What does Demetrio Macias order his men to do when they enter the Sierra?
5. Why do the townspeople gather when Demetrio Macias enters Don Monico's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What persuades Demetrio Macias' men that the deserters they encounter are telling the truth about Villa's defeat?
2. How does Demetrio Macias describe his relationships with women?
3. What dream of Venancio's is quashed by Luis Cervantes?
4. What does Margarito say happens to Luis Cervantes' girlfriends?
5. Why does the poet Valderrama disappear from Demetrio Macias' group?
6. What lies do the women in Don Monico's house tell to protect themselves?
7. Why do the rebels feel justified in stealing goods from private homes and people?
8. Why does Anastasio think they should be able to quit fighting?
9. What attitude does War Paint take toward Camila when Luis Cervantes brings her to camp for Demetrio Macias?
10. Why does Valderrama think the men of the Sierra should be treated differently than the townspeople they have killed and robbed?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)