|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Demetrio Macias receive orders to go from Tepatitlan?
(a) The Sierra.
(b) The capital.
2. Who is wooing War Paint?
(a) Demetrio Macias.
(b) Luis Cervantes.
3. What does Demetrio Macias order his men to do when they enter the Sierra?
(a) Shoot anyone who is trying to hide from them.
(b) Burn the homes of those who are trying to hide from them.
(c) Take the supplies of those who are trying to hide from them.
(d) Capture anyone who is trying to hide from them.
4. Who refuses Luis Cervantes' offer of help?
(c) Demetrio Macias.
(d) War Paint.
5. How does Margarito express his suicidal wish?
(a) He pretends to drink poison.
(b) He shoots his image in the mirror.
(c) He begs others to kill him.
(d) He plays Russian roulette with his pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Demetrio Macias promise Luis Cervantes if he brings his love to him?
2. Who is Demetrio Macias ordered to fight in Jalisco?
3. What does Margarito do to the villager?
4. What does Margarito call himself when he realizes he has accidentally killed his prisoner?
5. Why does Luis Cervantes recommend stopping in Aguascalientes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does War Paint try to help Camila and the young girl Luis Cervantes claims as a girlfriend?
2. Why does Valderrama think the men of the Sierra should be treated differently than the townspeople they have killed and robbed?
3. How does Demetrio Macias describe his relationships with women?
4. What point of honor did Luis Cervantes lose when chastising Demetrio Macias for looting private homes?
5. Why do the members of Demetrio Macias' staff all smile in a sinister way when he tells them they are stopping to have lunch with his old friend Don Monico?
6. Why is the crowd of villagers surprised at Demetrio Macias' behavior at Don Monico's house?
7. How are the men of the rebel band promoted in military standing?
8. What was the second point of honor that Luis Cervantes loses?
9. Why does the poet Valderrama disappear from Demetrio Macias' group?
10. What lesson does Demetrio Macias tell Camila he has learned by watching Pifanio, the crippled man?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)