|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anastasio tell the time?
(a) By asking War Paint.
(b) By his stolen watch.
(c) By gauging the light.
(d) By the location of the stars in the Big Dipper.
2. What does a village man try to do to save the books from being burned?
(a) Hides them.
(b) Takes them back by force.
(c) Buy them.
(d) Trades them for jewels.
3. What does Demetrio Macias promise Camila?
(a) He will let her go home.
(b) He will send War Paint away.
(c) He will keep her with him always.
(d) He will let her carry a gun.
4. Demetrio Macias says he dreams of ______________.
(b) War Paint.
(c) His children.
(d) His wife.
5. Which men have been made majors under General Demetrio Macias?
(a) Anastasio and Luis Cervantes.
(b) Pancracio and Anastasio.
(c) Margarito and Luis Cervantes.
(d) Anastasio and Lard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Valderrama's response to learning of the great defeat?
2. What refrain from the song does Demetrio Macias repeat again and again?
3. What does Luis Cervantes offer to Demetrio Macias?
4. Why are Quail and Lard pleased after their skirmish in Jalisco?
5. Why does Luis Cervantes object to the looting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the poet Valderrama disappear from Demetrio Macias' group?
2. What attitude does War Paint take toward Camila when Luis Cervantes brings her to camp for Demetrio Macias?
3. What does War Paint tell Camila that makes the younger girl cry?
4. How does Luis Cervantes justify stealing money from the people?
5. What is the difference between the way Margarito appears to Camila and the way he seems to War Paint?
6. Why do the rebels feel justified in stealing goods from private homes and people?
7. What does Luis Cervantes suggest that they do with their stolen money?
8. What was the second point of honor that Luis Cervantes loses?
9. Why does Anastasio think the kind of fighting they did when they killed the priest is worth it?
10. How does War Paint try to help Camila and the young girl Luis Cervantes claims as a girlfriend?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)