|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Quail's response to learning of the great defeat?
(a) Now we are doomed.
(b) Now it's every man for himself.
(c) Now we are martyrs.
(d) Now we are heroes.
2. How does Anastasio tell the time?
(a) By his stolen watch.
(b) By gauging the light.
(c) By asking War Paint.
(d) By the location of the stars in the Big Dipper.
3. What does Luis Cervantes propose they do with what they have plundered?
(a) Stash it for the future.
(b) Help the poor.
(c) Go home with it.
(d) Leave the country with it.
4. Whom does War Paint turn to for defense?
(a) Demetrio Macias.
(c) Luis Cervantes.
5. Why is Demetrio Macias in a bad mood after their skirmish in Jalisco?
(a) Some of his men had joined the Orozquistas.
(b) They had been ambushed by Orozquistas.
(c) There had been too many Orozquistas.
(d) There had been no Orozquistas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does War Paint tell Camila Demetrio Macias plans to do?
2. What premonition does Demetrio Macias have?
3. Why do the captive Sierra men refuse to answer Demetrio Macias' questions about where they are coming from?
4. In the song Demetrio Macias sings over and over again, why does his assailant stab him?
5. What does Luis Cervantes steal from a desk the rebels break into?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luis Cervantes justify stealing money from the people?
2. Why is Demetrio Macias demoralized by their attempt to fight the Orozquistas?
3. Why is the crowd of villagers surprised at Demetrio Macias' behavior at Don Monico's house?
4. Why do the members of Demetrio Macias' staff all smile in a sinister way when he tells them they are stopping to have lunch with his old friend Don Monico?
5. What attitude does War Paint take toward Camila when Luis Cervantes brings her to camp for Demetrio Macias?
6. What lesson does Demetrio Macias tell Camila he has learned by watching Pifanio, the crippled man?
7. How does Demetrio Macias describe his relationships with women?
8. Why does Valderrama think the men of the Sierra should be treated differently than the townspeople they have killed and robbed?
9. What is the character of Margarito?
10. What does Margarito say happens to Luis Cervantes' girlfriends?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)