|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the rebels take from Don Monico's house?
(b) Food and supplies.
(c) Paper money.
(d) Gold and jewelry.
2. What does Venancio hope to do after the war?
(a) Stay in the army.
(b) Retire to his ranch.
(c) Go to medical school.
(d) Open a Mexican restaurant.
3. What does Quail decide to do with the plush curtains they are looting?
(a) Use them for capes.
(b) Use them as saddle blankets.
(c) Use them to kidnap the girl in the family.
(d) Use them to put out the barbecue fire.
4. How does Margarito express his suicidal wish?
(a) He begs others to kill him.
(b) He shoots his image in the mirror.
(c) He plays Russian roulette with his pistol.
(d) He pretends to drink poison.
5. What old friend does Anastasio suddenly recognize?
(b) Demetrio Macias.
(c) Luis Cervantes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Luis Cervantes object to the looting?
2. What does Demetrio Macias ask Luis Cervantes about the trip to Aguascalientes?
3. What does Demetrio Macias promise Camila?
4. What does the poor villager complain that Demetrio Macias' men have done to him?
5. How do the rebels entertain themselves in the afternoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What attitude does War Paint take toward Camila when Luis Cervantes brings her to camp for Demetrio Macias?
2. Why does Anastasio think they should be able to quit fighting?
3. Why doesn't War Paint's plan to rescue Camila from Demetrio Macias succeed?
4. What does Luis Cervantes suggest that they do with their stolen money?
5. What dream of Venancio's is quashed by Luis Cervantes?
6. What did Demetrio Macias think about on the last night of his life?
7. What painful memory crosses Demetrio Macias' mind as Don Monico pleads for mercy for his wife and children?
8. Why does the poet Valderrama disappear from Demetrio Macias' group?
9. What point of honor did Luis Cervantes lose when chastising Demetrio Macias for looting private homes?
10. What does Margarito say happens to Luis Cervantes' girlfriends?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)