|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is wooing War Paint?
(b) Demetrio Macias.
(d) Luis Cervantes.
2. What does Venancio hope to do after the war?
(a) Open a Mexican restaurant.
(b) Stay in the army.
(c) Go to medical school.
(d) Retire to his ranch.
3. What act of Margarito's does Luis Cervantes say was his most noble?
(a) Margarito retired from the army.
(b) Margarito killed himself.
(c) Margarito sacrificed himself to save others.
(d) Margarito disappeared.
4. What does Valderrama count as the rebels travel to Juchipila?
(b) Burned houses.
(d) Felled trees.
5. How does Luis Cervantes persuade the girl to come with him to the rebel camp?
(a) He tells her Demetrio Macias loves her.
(b) He threatens harm to her family.
(c) He tells her he has come for her.
(d) He tells her she will be well paid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Demetrio Macias order his men to do when they enter the Sierra?
2. Why do the townspeople gather when Demetrio Macias enters Don Monico's house?
3. What saddens Demetrio Macias when they stop at a farmhouse for the night?
4. Where is Luis Cervantes after the war?
5. What does Demetrio Macias keep in his hands even as he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lesson does Demetrio Macias tell Camila he has learned by watching Pifanio, the crippled man?
2. What does War Paint tell Camila that makes the younger girl cry?
3. Why do the rebels feel justified in stealing goods from private homes and people?
4. Why is the crowd of villagers surprised at Demetrio Macias' behavior at Don Monico's house?
5. What persuades Demetrio Macias' men that the deserters they encounter are telling the truth about Villa's defeat?
6. What is the difference between the way Margarito appears to Camila and the way he seems to War Paint?
7. What happened to Pancracio, Lard, and Margarito after Luis Cervantes left Mexico?
8. What painful memory crosses Demetrio Macias' mind as Don Monico pleads for mercy for his wife and children?
9. Why do the members of Demetrio Macias' staff all smile in a sinister way when he tells them they are stopping to have lunch with his old friend Don Monico?
10. What point of honor did Luis Cervantes lose when chastising Demetrio Macias for looting private homes?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)