|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Demetrio Macias promise Camila?
(a) He will let her carry a gun.
(b) He will let her go home.
(c) He will send War Paint away.
(d) He will keep her with him always.
2. What does a village man try to do to save the books from being burned?
(a) Takes them back by force.
(b) Buy them.
(c) Hides them.
(d) Trades them for jewels.
3. What does Margarito think could kill him?
(a) His own pent-up rage.
(b) A government spy.
(c) His own pent-up fear.
(d) A faithless woman.
4. Why does Pancracio shoot the sacristan of the church in the village?
(a) He was secretive.
(b) He was well dressed.
(c) He was silent.
(d) He was rude.
5. How does Anastasio tell the time?
(a) By asking War Paint.
(b) By gauging the light.
(c) By the location of the stars in the Big Dipper.
(d) By his stolen watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quail decide to do with the plush curtains they are looting?
2. What does Demetrio Macias take from the desk the rebels break into?
3. What refrain from the song does Demetrio Macias repeat again and again?
4. What does War Paint do when no one defends her?
5. What does War Paint tell Camila Demetrio Macias plans to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Demetrio Macias demoralized by their attempt to fight the Orozquistas?
2. How does Demetrio Macias describe his relationships with women?
3. How are the men of the rebel band promoted in military standing?
4. How does War Paint try to help Camila and the young girl Luis Cervantes claims as a girlfriend?
5. What is the difference between the way Margarito appears to Camila and the way he seems to War Paint?
6. What does Margarito say happens to Luis Cervantes' girlfriends?
7. Why doesn't War Paint's plan to rescue Camila from Demetrio Macias succeed?
8. What point of honor did Luis Cervantes lose when chastising Demetrio Macias for looting private homes?
9. What was the second point of honor that Luis Cervantes loses?
10. Why do the members of Demetrio Macias' staff all smile in a sinister way when he tells them they are stopping to have lunch with his old friend Don Monico?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)