|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization does Luis Cervantes advise Venancio to join?
(a) The American army.
(b) The Salvation Army.
(c) The National Guard.
(d) The Mexican army.
2. Why does Pancracio shoot the sacristan of the church in the village?
(a) He was rude.
(b) He was well dressed.
(c) He was silent.
(d) He was secretive.
3. What is Demetrio Macias unable to remember?
(a) His wife's face.
(b) How long he has been away.
(c) His son's face.
(d) The way home to his rancho.
4. What does Demetrio Macias promise Luis Cervantes if he brings his love to him?
(a) Any girl he wants.
(b) The box of diamonds.
(c) The gold pocket watch.
(d) The money they have stolen.
5. How do the rebels entertain themselves in the afternoon?
(a) Telling war stories.
(d) Shooting contests.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the song Demetrio Macias sings over and over again, why does his assailant stab him?
2. What do Demetrio Macias' men brag about as they drink in the tavern at night?
3. Who is wooing War Paint?
4. What does Camila ask Demetrio Macias for permission to do when the rebels leave?
5. Where is Luis Cervantes after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the second point of honor that Luis Cervantes loses?
2. Why doesn't War Paint's plan to rescue Camila from Demetrio Macias succeed?
3. What happened to Pancracio, Lard, and Margarito after Luis Cervantes left Mexico?
4. Why do the members of Demetrio Macias' staff all smile in a sinister way when he tells them they are stopping to have lunch with his old friend Don Monico?
5. Why do the rebels feel justified in stealing goods from private homes and people?
6. Why is the crowd of villagers surprised at Demetrio Macias' behavior at Don Monico's house?
7. What attitude does War Paint take toward Camila when Luis Cervantes brings her to camp for Demetrio Macias?
8. What dream of Venancio's is quashed by Luis Cervantes?
9. What painful memory crosses Demetrio Macias' mind as Don Monico pleads for mercy for his wife and children?
10. What is the difference between the way Margarito appears to Camila and the way he seems to War Paint?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)