|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does War Paint tell Camila Demetrio Macias plans to do?
(a) Bring his wife to the camp.
(b) Go home to his wife.
(c) Give up the rebellion.
(d) Attack Zacatecas.
2. Why does Valderrama protest Demetrio Macias' order?
(a) The people of the Sierra are pitiful.
(b) The people of the Sierra are harmless.
(c) The people of the Sierra are on their side.
(d) The people of the Sierra are their brothers.
3. What does a village man try to do to save the books from being burned?
(a) Trades them for jewels.
(b) Takes them back by force.
(c) Hides them.
(d) Buy them.
4. Who refuses Luis Cervantes' offer of help?
(b) War Paint.
(c) Demetrio Macias.
5. What does Luis Cervantes offer to Demetrio Macias?
(a) An explanation for the other generals.
(b) An accounting of the goods they have plundered.
(c) A larger share of the loot.
(d) A plan for the upcoming pillaging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Demetrio Macias offer to do if Margarito will join him?
2. What is Quail's response to learning of the great defeat?
3. Why does Luis Cervantes recommend stopping in Aguascalientes?
4. Who takes Luis Cervantes' girlfriend for the night?
5. What does Demetrio Macias promise Luis Cervantes if he brings his love to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lies do the women in Don Monico's house tell to protect themselves?
2. What does Margarito say happens to Luis Cervantes' girlfriends?
3. What did Demetrio Macias think about on the last night of his life?
4. How are the men of the rebel band promoted in military standing?
5. How does War Paint try to help Camila and the young girl Luis Cervantes claims as a girlfriend?
6. Why does Anastasio think the kind of fighting they did when they killed the priest is worth it?
7. Why does the poet Valderrama disappear from Demetrio Macias' group?
8. What was the second point of honor that Luis Cervantes loses?
9. Why does Valderrama think the men of the Sierra should be treated differently than the townspeople they have killed and robbed?
10. What is the difference between the way Margarito appears to Camila and the way he seems to War Paint?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)