|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Luis Cervantes negotiating with Quail?
(a) He wants Quail to hide his stolen goods for him.
(b) He wants to buy his stolen loot.
(c) He wants Quail to steal goods for him.
(d) He wants to sell his stolen loot.
2. Who takes Luis Cervantes' girlfriend for the night?
(a) Luis Cervantes.
(b) Demetrio Macias.
3. Why does Margarito mistreat the Federal soldier he has taken prisoner?
(a) He is outraged at the Federal treatment.
(b) He enjoys watching suffering.
(c) He has a personal vendetta against the man.
(d) He has gone mad.
4. What does War Paint tell Camila Demetrio Macias plans to do?
(a) Give up the rebellion.
(b) Attack Zacatecas.
(c) Go home to his wife.
(d) Bring his wife to the camp.
5. What is Demetrio Macias unable to remember?
(a) His wife's face.
(b) His son's face.
(c) The way home to his rancho.
(d) How long he has been away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luis Cervantes advise Venancio to do?
2. What does Demetrio Macias keep in his hands even as he dies?
3. What does Margarito order that the bar is unable to provide?
4. Demetrio Macias says he dreams of ______________.
5. What does Margarito call himself when he realizes he has accidentally killed his prisoner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does War Paint try to help Camila and the young girl Luis Cervantes claims as a girlfriend?
2. What happened to Pancracio, Lard, and Margarito after Luis Cervantes left Mexico?
3. What attitude does War Paint take toward Camila when Luis Cervantes brings her to camp for Demetrio Macias?
4. How does Luis Cervantes justify stealing money from the people?
5. What does Luis Cervantes suggest that they do with their stolen money?
6. What painful memory crosses Demetrio Macias' mind as Don Monico pleads for mercy for his wife and children?
7. What is the character of Margarito?
8. Why is Demetrio Macias demoralized by their attempt to fight the Orozquistas?
9. Why do the members of Demetrio Macias' staff all smile in a sinister way when he tells them they are stopping to have lunch with his old friend Don Monico?
10. Why does Anastasio think they should be able to quit fighting?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)