|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Senora Remigia's cure have on Demetrio Macias?
(a) It brings him much relief.
(b) It brings him no relief.
(c) It makes him worse.
(d) It brings a little relief.
2. What skill has made Demetrio Macias' men famous?
(a) Military strategy.
3. Why does Demetrio Macias send his wife away?
(a) He doesn't want her to see him kill the soldiers.
(b) He believes the Federal soldiers will be back.
(c) He believes she doesn't love him any more.
(d) He doesn't want her to be lonely while he is away.
4. How many battles has the leader of the Federal soldiers fought?
5. What does Luis Cervantes begin to suspect about the revolutionaries?
(a) They are nothing more than bandits.
(b) They are examples of courage.
(c) They cannot lose.
(d) They cannot win.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Luis Cervantes riding with before Demetrio Macias?
2. Who kills the brother of the guide from the village?
3. What effect does Camila's speech have on Luis Cervantes?
4. Whom does Demetrio Macias miss at the dance?
5. How does Crispin Robles recruit men to fight with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Luis Cervantes greeted when he first comes to the rebel camp?
2. Describe the character of Demetrio Macias' wife.
3. What does Luis Cervantes insist that the band should do when he learns that Huerta is preparing a final defense in Zacatecas?
4. Who are Serapio and Antonio?
5. How did General Natera react to Demetrio Macias' arrival in Zacatecas?
6. Why does Luis Cervantes say he has come to join Demetrio Macias?
7. The author uses the words "gold" or "golden" several times in his description of the Sierra. What symbolism might there be in calling the calf they are preparing to eat "golden?"
8. Why does Luis Cervantes begin to suspect that he has made another mistake?
9. What had offended Luis Cervantes during his time with the Federal army?
10. What does Luis Cervantes try to persuade Demetrio Macias to do as they approach the town where they are planning to attack the Federal soldiers?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)