|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the federal colonel do to punish Luis Cervantes when he finds him asleep?
(a) Sends him to the brig.
(b) Sends him to the firing squad.
(c) Sends him to the general.
(d) Sends him to work in the kitchen.
2. Who was Luis Cervantes riding with before Demetrio Macias?
(d) The federal army.
3. What does Camila's mother do to drive out the evil spirits that are making the girl sad?
(a) She beats her.
(b) She forces her to fast.
(c) She sends her with the rebels.
(d) She locks her away.
4. What does Demetrio Macias say he would be doing if Don Monico hadn't tried to arrest him?
(a) Leading the northern army.
(b) Riding with Pancho Villa.
(c) Attacking Zacatecas.
(d) Sowing his land.
5. What does Luis Cervantes try to persuade Demetrio Macias to do before attacking a village?
(a) Find a spy.
(b) Find a guide.
(c) Find out when the Federal soldiers were there last.
(d) Learn what side the people are on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the leader of the Federal soldiers intend to do with the bandits of Demetrio Macias?
2. How does Luis Cervantes come to feel about the rebel cause after his experience with the federal army?
3. Whom does Demetrio Macias miss at the dance?
4. What do the marauders do to Demetrio Macias?
5. What advantage do Anastasio and Demetrio Macias believe Luis Cervantes possesses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Luis Cervantes change his allegiance from the Federal army?
2. How does Luis Cervantes escape being shot to death by Demetrio Macias' men?
3. Why does Luis Cervantes think that Demetrio Macias has run into the hills?
4. What does the shooting of the dog named "Palomo, the dove," symbolize?
5. How does Crispin Robles recruit men to fight for the cause?
6. Describe the leader of the Federal soldiers.
7. Why is Luis Cervantes annoyed by Camila?
8. What kind of atmosphere is created as the rebels loot bodies of the soldiers they have killed?
9. How were Demetrio Macias and his men able to get the drop on the Federal soldiers in the barracks?
10. How do the rebels refer to each other?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)