|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the news from the capital say about Huerta?
(a) He has vowed to fight to the death.
(b) He has surrundered.
(c) His family is fleeing the country.
(d) He has regained control of the capital.
2. What does Venancio want to do when the war is over?
(a) Become a doctor.
(b) Grow his barber business.
(c) Stay in the military.
(d) Get married.
3. What does the leader of the Federal soldiers expect will be the result of the attack by Demetrio Macias?
(a) He will be sent to the capital.
(b) He will be given an award.
(c) He will be promoted to major.
(d) He will be shot.
4. By what animal's name do Demetrio Macias' men most often call the Federal soldiers?
5. What does Demetrio Macias say he would be doing if Don Monico hadn't tried to arrest him?
(a) Sowing his land.
(b) Attacking Zacatecas.
(c) Leading the northern army.
(d) Riding with Pancho Villa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill has made Demetrio Macias' men famous?
2. Who helps Luis Cervantes to eat and cleans his wounded leg?
3. According to Demetrio Macias, who defeated all the federal soldiers in town with just a half dozen men?
4. What did the villager who helped Demetrio Macias want the rebels to do in return?
5. How did his men make a stretcher for the wounded Demetrio Macias?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Demetrio Macias hate Don Monico?
2. How were Demetrio Macias and his men able to get the drop on the Federal soldiers in the barracks?
3. Why does the villager tell Demetrio Macias that it doesn't matter how many Federal soldiers are in the barracks?
4. The author uses the words "gold" or "golden" several times in his description of the Sierra. What symbolism might there be in calling the calf they are preparing to eat "golden?"
5. Why is Luis Cervantes annoyed by Camila?
6. How does Luis Cervantes escape being shot to death by Demetrio Macias' men?
7. Describe the leader of the Federal soldiers.
8. Why does Demetrio Macias not want to take any of the women he admires into the towns they visit?
9. Describe the character of Demetrio Macias' wife.
10. How does the author describe the Sierra?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)