|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Anastasio Montanes unafraid of bullets?
(a) He is hoping to die.
(b) He's been shot many times.
(c) He is too fast to be shot.
(d) He wears a bulletproof vest.
2. What does Demetrio Macias say he would be doing if Don Monico hadn't tried to arrest him?
(a) Riding with Pancho Villa.
(b) Leading the northern army.
(c) Sowing his land.
(d) Attacking Zacatecas.
3. What advantage do Anastasio and Demetrio Macias believe Luis Cervantes possesses?
(a) He can attract women.
(b) He can grasp complicated concepts.
(c) He can make stirring speeches.
(d) He can read and write.
4. Why does Demetrio Macias think his hiding place is safe?
(a) The Federal soldiers don't know how to track.
(b) The Federal soldiers don't know the territory.
(c) The Federal soldiers are cowardly.
(d) Demetrio Macias has the high ground.
5. What does Luis Cervantes say Natera and Demetrio Macias will bring to their country?
(a) Nothing but glory.
(b) Nothing but optimism.
(c) Nothing but freedom.
(d) Nothing but shame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Luis Cervantes' profession?
2. How did Demetrio Macias get the drop on the Federal soldiers?
3. Where does Demetrio Macias instruct his wife to go?
4. By what animal's name do Demetrio Macias' men most often call the Federal soldiers?
5. What do Demetrio Macias' men plan to do if they outnumber the Federal soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alberto Solis surprised to see Luis Cervantes in Zacatecas?
2. How were Demetrio Macias and his men able to get the drop on the Federal soldiers in the barracks?
3. What kind of atmosphere is created as the rebels loot bodies of the soldiers they have killed?
4. How do the rebels refer to their opponents and why?
5. How do the rebels refer to each other?
6. How did Luis Cervantes change his allegiance from the Federal army?
7. Why does Luis Cervantes begin to suspect that he has made another mistake?
8. How does Luis Cervantes escape being shot to death by Demetrio Macias' men?
9. Why is Luis Cervantes annoyed by Camila?
10. What had offended Luis Cervantes during his time with the Federal army?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)