|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Crispin Robles recruit men to fight with him?
(a) He takes them at gunpoint.
(b) He frees them from jail.
(c) He promises them bonuses.
(d) He ambushes them from the Federal army lines.
2. What do Demetrio Macias' men do when they find Serapio and Antonio, who were thought to be lost, hanged?
(a) Break out a jug of pulque.
(b) Recite the Lord's prayer.
(c) Thank the Virgin of Guadalupe.
(d) Beat the two men for deserting.
3. Why is Anastasio Montanes unafraid of bullets?
(a) He is too fast to be shot.
(b) He's been shot many times.
(c) He wears a bulletproof vest.
(d) He is hoping to die.
4. How does Luis Cervantes come to feel about the rebel cause after his experience with the federal army?
(a) The rebel cause is pure justice.
(b) The rebel cause is evil.
(c) The rebel cause is doomed.
(d) The rebel cause comes from misunderstanding.
5. What does Demetrio Macias' wife want him to do to the marauders?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Tell the authorities about them.
(c) Feed them dinner.
(d) Release them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Demetrio Macias instruct his wife to go?
2. What is the cure that Senora Remigia brings to Demetrio Macias?
3. What do Demetrio Macias' men plan to do if the Federal soldiers outnumber them?
4. Who helps Luis Cervantes to eat and cleans his wounded leg?
5. Who recognizes Luis Cervantes from his days with the Federal army?
Short Essay Questions
1. The author uses the words "gold" or "golden" several times in his description of the Sierra. What symbolism might there be in calling the calf they are preparing to eat "golden?"
2. Why is Alberto Solis surprised to see Luis Cervantes in Zacatecas?
3. Why does Luis Cervantes say he has come to join Demetrio Macias?
4. Why does the villager tell Demetrio Macias that it doesn't matter how many Federal soldiers are in the barracks?
5. How do the rebels refer to their opponents and why?
6. Why does Luis Cervantes think that Demetrio Macias has run into the hills?
7. How does Camila expect Luis Cervantes to react when she tells him that Demetrio Macias has been flirting with her?
8. Why does Quail object to Pancracio killing the Federal officer?
9. How does Luis Cervantes react when Camila tells him that Demetrio Macias has been flirting with her?
10. Why is Luis Cervantes annoyed by Camila?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)