|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Natera say that he has heard abou Demetrio Macias?
(a) Demetrio Macias has been thrashing Federal soldiers.
(b) Demetrio Macias cannot be trusted to be loyal.
(c) Demetrio Macias has met a succession of defeats.
(d) Demetrio Macias will soon be a general himself.
2. What skill has made Demetrio Macias' men famous?
(a) Military strategy.
3. What do Demetrio Macias' men do when they find Serapio and Antonio, who were thought to be lost, hanged?
(a) Break out a jug of pulque.
(b) Beat the two men for deserting.
(c) Recite the Lord's prayer.
(d) Thank the Virgin of Guadalupe.
4. What does Luis Cervantes tell Demetrio Macias that Macias does not yet understand?
(a) Macias does not understand the thrill of battle.
(b) Macias does not understand his own noble mission.
(c) Macias does not understand the cacique system.
(d) Macias does not understand the villainy of politicians.
5. Whom does Demetrio Macias miss at the dance?
(b) Luis Cervantes.
(c) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venancio want to do when the war is over?
2. Why do the neighbor women come to borrow from Senora Remigia?
3. What does Camila want Luis Cervantes to teach her?
4. What effect does Senora Remigia's cure have on Demetrio Macias?
5. What does the neighborhood say has happened to Marcelina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Luis Cervantes say he has come to join Demetrio Macias?
2. How were Demetrio Macias and his men able to get the drop on the Federal soldiers in the barracks?
3. Describe the leader of the Federal soldiers.
4. What kind of atmosphere is created as the rebels loot bodies of the soldiers they have killed?
5. How does Luis Cervantes try to persuade Camila to go with Demetrio Macias?
6. Describe the character of Demetrio Macias' wife.
7. Why does Demetrio Macias not want to take any of the women he admires into the towns they visit?
8. How does Camila expect Luis Cervantes to react when she tells him that Demetrio Macias has been flirting with her?
9. Why is Alberto Solis surprised to see Luis Cervantes in Zacatecas?
10. What does the shooting of the dog named "Palomo, the dove," symbolize?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)