|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What honor does Natera give Demetrio Macias?
(a) He gives him a hero's award.
(b) He makes him a captain.
(c) He makes him a colonel.
(d) He makes him a general.
2. Why do the neighbor women come to borrow from Senora Remigia?
(a) She is a spy.
(b) They enjoy her company.
(c) They are without food.
(d) To gossip about Demetrio Macias.
3. What do Demetrio Macias' men plan to do if they outnumber the Federal soldiers?
(a) Kill them all.
(b) Chase them out of town.
(c) Scare them.
(d) Die bravely.
4. How does the villager assure Demetrio Macias that the Federal soldiers are not dangerous?
(a) They are poorly educated.
(b) They were drafted against their will.
(c) They are untrained fighters.
(d) They have no weapons.
5. What is the first cure the neighborhood women use for Demetrio Macias' fever?
(a) Pulque to drink.
(b) Pigeon blood on his abdomen.
(c) Alcohol-soaked bread on his abdomen.
(d) Corn liquor to drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the rebels make hand grenades with?
2. What does Luis Cervantes advise Demetrio Macias to do?
3. What does Natera say that he has heard abou Demetrio Macias?
4. Why is Anastasio Montanes unafraid of bullets?
5. Who recognizes Luis Cervantes from his days with the Federal army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had offended Luis Cervantes during his time with the Federal army?
2. Why does Demetrio Macias not want to take any of the women he admires into the towns they visit?
3. Why does Demetrio Macias hate Don Monico?
4. How is Luis Cervantes greeted when he first comes to the rebel camp?
5. How were Demetrio Macias and his men able to get the drop on the Federal soldiers in the barracks?
6. Describe the character of Demetrio Macias' wife.
7. How does Luis Cervantes escape being shot to death by Demetrio Macias' men?
8. Why does Demetrio Macias order Quail to steal a priest's cassock?
9. Why is Alberto Solis surprised to see Luis Cervantes in Zacatecas?
10. The author uses the words "gold" or "golden" several times in his description of the Sierra. What symbolism might there be in calling the calf they are preparing to eat "golden?"
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)