|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the rebels sorry to leave the village?
(a) They will miss the peace and quiet.
(b) They will miss the food.
(c) They will miss the girls.
(d) They will miss their friends.
2. What does Luis Cervantes hear on his first fighting encounter with the rebels?
(a) "For God and country!"
(b) "Every man for himself!"
(c) "Death to the infidels!"
(d) "One for all and all for one!"
3. What does Luis Cervantes say Villa, Carranza, and Natera are all fighting against?
4. What does Demetrio Macias hope to do when the war is over?
(a) Join the newly-formed government.
(b) Continue to fight for justice.
(c) Return to his land.
(d) Divide the spoils with the victors.
5. What does Camila's mother do to drive out the evil spirits that are making the girl sad?
(a) She beats her.
(b) She locks her away.
(c) She forces her to fast.
(d) She sends her with the rebels.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Luis Cervantes address Demetrio Macias?
2. What does Demetrio Macias say he would be doing if Don Monico hadn't tried to arrest him?
3. What does Luis Cervantes try to persuade Demetrio Macias to do before attacking a village?
4. What does Luis Cervantes tell Camila her future would be like with Demetrio Macias?
5. What does Camila want Luis Cervantes to teach her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Demetrio Macias hate Don Monico?
2. How does Camila expect Luis Cervantes to react when she tells him that Demetrio Macias has been flirting with her?
3. What kind of atmosphere is created as the rebels loot bodies of the soldiers they have killed?
4. Why does Demetrio Macias order Quail to steal a priest's cassock?
5. How did Luis Cervantes change his allegiance from the Federal army?
6. What does Luis Cervantes insist that the band should do when he learns that Huerta is preparing a final defense in Zacatecas?
7. Why does the villager tell Demetrio Macias that it doesn't matter how many Federal soldiers are in the barracks?
8. What does Luis Cervantes try to persuade Demetrio Macias to do as they approach the town where they are planning to attack the Federal soldiers?
9. How do the rebels refer to each other?
10. How does Luis Cervantes escape being shot to death by Demetrio Macias' men?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)