|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the marauders do to Demetrio Macias?
(a) Steal his money.
(b) Rape his wife.
(c) Burn down his house.
(d) Shoot him.
2. How do the rebels refer to their loot?
(a) An advance.
(b) A prize.
(c) A bonus.
(d) A down payment.
3. Why does Demetrio Macias think his hiding place is safe?
(a) Demetrio Macias has the high ground.
(b) The Federal soldiers don't know the territory.
(c) The Federal soldiers are cowardly.
(d) The Federal soldiers don't know how to track.
4. What does Luis Cervantes tell Demetrio Macias that Macias does not yet understand?
(a) Macias does not understand the cacique system.
(b) Macias does not understand the thrill of battle.
(c) Macias does not understand the villainy of politicians.
(d) Macias does not understand his own noble mission.
5. How does Luis Cervantes come to feel about the rebel cause after his experience with the federal army?
(a) The rebel cause is pure justice.
(b) The rebel cause comes from misunderstanding.
(c) The rebel cause is doomed.
(d) The rebel cause is evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camila want Luis Cervantes to teach her?
2. What do the rebels take from the soldiers?
3. What do Demetrio Macias' men plan to do if they outnumber the Federal soldiers?
4. What does Venancio want to do when the war is over?
5. What does Demetrio Macias say he would be doing if Don Monico hadn't tried to arrest him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alberto Solis surprised to see Luis Cervantes in Zacatecas?
2. How does Crispin Robles recruit men to fight for the cause?
3. Who are Serapio and Antonio?
4. Why is Luis Cervantes annoyed by Camila?
5. Why does Luis Cervantes begin to suspect that he has made another mistake?
6. How does the author describe the Sierra?
7. How do the rebels refer to their opponents and why?
8. How did Luis Cervantes change his allegiance from the Federal army?
9. Why does Quail object to Pancracio killing the Federal officer?
10. Why does Demetrio Macias order Quail to steal a priest's cassock?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)