|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the neighbor women come to borrow from Senora Remigia?
(a) She is a spy.
(b) To gossip about Demetrio Macias.
(c) They enjoy her company.
(d) They are without food.
2. How does Luis Cervantes believe Madero rewarded the peasants who helped him gain power?
(a) He paid them pensions.
(b) He sent them home.
(c) He gave them worthless bonuses.
(d) He gave them posts in the army.
3. How do the rebels refer to their loot?
(a) A down payment.
(b) A prize.
(c) An advance.
(d) A bonus.
4. Where did the Federal lieutenant meet Demetrio Macias?
(a) In the canteen in town.
(b) Hiding in the hills.
(c) In the battle of Zacatecas.
(d) In the penetentiary.
5. By what animal's name do Demetrio Macias' men most often call the Federal soldiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luis Cervantes advise Demetrio Macias to do?
2. What does Luis Cervantes say will be the result of their uprising?
3. How does Luis Cervantes come to feel about the rebel cause after his experience with the federal army?
4. What does Pancracio do to Luis Cervantes when he approaches the camp?
5. What does Luis Cervantes say Natera and Demetrio Macias will bring to their country?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luis Cervantes react when Camila tells him that Demetrio Macias has been flirting with her?
2. What had offended Luis Cervantes during his time with the Federal army?
3. How does Luis Cervantes try to persuade Camila to go with Demetrio Macias?
4. Why does Demetrio Macias hate Don Monico?
5. Describe the character of Demetrio Macias' wife.
6. Why does Quail object to Pancracio killing the Federal officer?
7. Describe the leader of the Federal soldiers.
8. The author uses the words "gold" or "golden" several times in his description of the Sierra. What symbolism might there be in calling the calf they are preparing to eat "golden?"
9. How does the author describe the Sierra?
10. Why does Luis Cervantes think that Demetrio Macias has run into the hills?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)