|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What greets Demetrio Macias' men as they enter the plaza of the village?
(a) A priest and some beggars.
(b) A hail of rifle fire.
(c) A group of peasants.
(d) A squadron of deserters.
2. Why are the rebels sorry to leave the village?
(a) They will miss the peace and quiet.
(b) They will miss their friends.
(c) They will miss the food.
(d) They will miss the girls.
3. Why do the neighbor women come to borrow from Senora Remigia?
(a) They are without food.
(b) She is a spy.
(c) To gossip about Demetrio Macias.
(d) They enjoy her company.
4. What do the rebels take from the soldiers?
(a) Their clothes.
(b) Their uniforms.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their watches.
5. What did the rebels make hand grenades with?
(a) Caps and rocks.
(b) Iron pipes and brass knobs.
(c) Gasoline and rags.
(d) Gunpowder and firecrackers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Luis Cervantes riding with before Demetrio Macias?
2. What profession gives Venancio his medical knowledge?
3. Who helps Luis Cervantes to eat and cleans his wounded leg?
4. What is the leader of the Federal soldiers doing during the attack by Demetrio Macias?
5. Who kills the leader of the Federal soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between the way Margarito appears to Camila and the way he seems to War Paint?
2. What did Demetrio Macias think about on the last night of his life?
3. Why does the villager tell Demetrio Macias that it doesn't matter how many Federal soldiers are in the barracks?
4. How does Luis Cervantes justify stealing money from the people?
5. Describe the character of Demetrio Macias' wife.
6. How did General Natera react to Demetrio Macias' arrival in Zacatecas?
7. What does Luis Cervantes try to persuade Demetrio Macias to do as they approach the town where they are planning to attack the Federal soldiers?
8. What lies do the women in Don Monico's house tell to protect themselves?
9. Why does Anastasio think the kind of fighting they did when they killed the priest is worth it?
10. Why is Demetrio Macias demoralized by their attempt to fight the Orozquistas?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)