|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Demetrio Macias sleep the night after he leaves home?
(a) In a cave.
(b) On the ground between boulders.
(c) In a deserted shack.
(d) Under a tree.
2. What is a curro?
(a) A hillbilly.
(b) A city slicker.
(c) A country bumpkin.
(d) A foreigner.
3. What does Luis Cervantes say are the most sacred things any man has?
(a) Family and country.
(b) Church and country.
(c) Country and friends.
(d) Family and church.
4. What does Luis Cervantes try to persuade Demetrio Macias to do before attacking a village?
(a) Find out when the Federal soldiers were there last.
(b) Find a spy.
(c) Find a guide.
(d) Learn what side the people are on.
5. What is the cure that Senora Remigia brings to Demetrio Macias?
(a) Pigeon blood on his abdomen.
(b) Corn liquor to drink.
(c) Pulque to drink.
(d) Alcohol-soaked bread on his abdomen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the brother of the guide from the village?
2. What does the leader of the Federal soldiers expect will be the result of the attack by Demetrio Macias?
3. Why does Senora Remigia have little food for Demetrio Macias' men?
4. Why are the rebels sorry to leave the village?
5. What is Luis Cervantes' profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had offended Luis Cervantes during his time with the Federal army?
2. Why is Luis Cervantes annoyed by Camila?
3. How do the rebels refer to each other?
4. Why does the villager tell Demetrio Macias that it doesn't matter how many Federal soldiers are in the barracks?
5. How does Luis Cervantes react when Camila tells him that Demetrio Macias has been flirting with her?
6. How did General Natera react to Demetrio Macias' arrival in Zacatecas?
7. Why does Luis Cervantes begin to suspect that he has made another mistake?
8. What kindness from a village girl impresses Demetrio Macias?
9. How is Luis Cervantes greeted when he first comes to the rebel camp?
10. Why does Demetrio Macias hate Don Monico?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)