|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Anastasio Montanes unafraid of bullets?
(a) He is hoping to die.
(b) He's been shot many times.
(c) He wears a bulletproof vest.
(d) He is too fast to be shot.
2. What does the author say that alcohol was to the rebels in their celebration?
(a) A giver of courage.
(b) A bad advisor.
(c) A warmth in the heart.
(d) A warmth in the belly.
3. What does the leader of the Federal soldiers intend to do with the bandits of Demetrio Macias?
(a) Kill them all by himself.
(b) Keep them imprisoned in the village.
(c) Shoot them by firing squad.
(d) Take them back to the capital.
4. What does Camila do that wins the affection of Demetrio Macias?
(a) She reminds him of his wife.
(b) She gives him a drink of water.
(c) She dresses his wound.
(d) She bathes him.
5. What honor does Natera give Demetrio Macias?
(a) He makes him a captain.
(b) He gives him a hero's award.
(c) He makes him a general.
(d) He makes him a colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luis Cervantes' old acquaintance think of the revolution now?
2. What does the neighborhood say has happened to Marcelina?
3. Who kills the leader of the Federal soldiers?
4. How long has Luis Cervantes been fighting with the rebels?
5. What news do the muleteers bring to the revolutionaries?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alberto Solis surprised to see Luis Cervantes in Zacatecas?
2. The author uses the words "gold" or "golden" several times in his description of the Sierra. What symbolism might there be in calling the calf they are preparing to eat "golden?"
3. Why does Demetrio Macias hate Don Monico?
4. Who are Serapio and Antonio?
5. How did General Natera react to Demetrio Macias' arrival in Zacatecas?
6. What had offended Luis Cervantes during his time with the Federal army?
7. How does Crispin Robles recruit men to fight for the cause?
8. How do the rebels refer to their opponents and why?
9. Describe the character of Demetrio Macias' wife.
10. How is Luis Cervantes greeted when he first comes to the rebel camp?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)