Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Senora Remigia have little food for Demetrio Macias' men?
(a) Her husband took her supplies off to the war.
(b) The Federal soldiers burned her fields.
(c) Bandits raided her compound.
(d) The Federal soldiers took everything.
2. What do the rebels take from the soldiers?
(a) Their uniforms.
(b) Their watches.
(c) Their clothes.
(d) Their money.
3. Where did the Federal lieutenant meet Demetrio Macias?
(a) In the battle of Zacatecas.
(b) In the penetentiary.
(c) Hiding in the hills.
(d) In the canteen in town.
4. How did his men make a stretcher for the wounded Demetrio Macias?
(a) Out of branches and bundles of grass.
(b) Out of leather thongs and moss.
(c) Out of ropes and leaves.
(d) Out of rope and saddle blankets.
5. What is the first cure the neighborhood women use for Demetrio Macias' fever?
(a) Pigeon blood on his abdomen.
(b) Corn liquor to drink.
(c) Pulque to drink.
(d) Alcohol-soaked bread on his abdomen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camila do that wins the affection of Demetrio Macias?
2. What profession gives Venancio his medical knowledge?
3. How many rifles do Demetrio Macias' men have?
4. What news do the muleteers bring to the revolutionaries?
5. How does Luis Cervantes believe Madero rewarded the peasants who helped him gain power?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't War Paint's plan to rescue Camila from Demetrio Macias succeed?
2. What dream of Venancio's is quashed by Luis Cervantes?
3. Why does the poet Valderrama disappear from Demetrio Macias' group?
4. Why is Alberto Solis surprised to see Luis Cervantes in Zacatecas?
5. Why does Demetrio Macias order Quail to steal a priest's cassock?
6. Why do the rebels feel justified in stealing goods from private homes and people?
7. What does Luis Cervantes suggest that they do with their stolen money?
8. What does the shooting of the dog named "Palomo, the dove," symbolize?
9. What does Luis Cervantes try to persuade Demetrio Macias to do as they approach the town where they are planning to attack the Federal soldiers?
10. How does Luis Cervantes react when Camila tells him that Demetrio Macias has been flirting with her?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)