|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Luis Cervantes believe Madero rewarded the peasants who helped him gain power?
(a) He gave them posts in the army.
(b) He sent them home.
(c) He paid them pensions.
(d) He gave them worthless bonuses.
2. What does Demetrio Macias' wife want him to do to the marauders?
(a) Feed them dinner.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Release them.
(d) Tell the authorities about them.
3. What honor does Natera give Demetrio Macias?
(a) He makes him a colonel.
(b) He gives him a hero's award.
(c) He makes him a general.
(d) He makes him a captain.
4. What do the marauders do to Demetrio Macias?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Steal his money.
(c) Burn down his house.
(d) Rape his wife.
5. How many battles has the leader of the Federal soldiers fought?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Luis Cervantes' old acquaintance compare the men in the revolution?
2. Who is Palomo the Dove?
3. How does the villager assure Demetrio Macias that the Federal soldiers are not dangerous?
4. What advantage do Anastasio and Demetrio Macias believe Luis Cervantes possesses?
5. Why are the rebels sorry to leave the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Luis Cervantes think that Demetrio Macias has run into the hills?
2. What does Luis Cervantes insist that the band should do when he learns that Huerta is preparing a final defense in Zacatecas?
3. The author uses the words "gold" or "golden" several times in his description of the Sierra. What symbolism might there be in calling the calf they are preparing to eat "golden?"
4. How does the author describe the Sierra?
5. How does Luis Cervantes react when Camila tells him that Demetrio Macias has been flirting with her?
6. How is Luis Cervantes greeted when he first comes to the rebel camp?
7. Why does Quail object to Pancracio killing the Federal officer?
8. How does Luis Cervantes try to persuade Camila to go with Demetrio Macias?
9. Why does Demetrio Macias hate Don Monico?
10. Why does the villager tell Demetrio Macias that it doesn't matter how many Federal soldiers are in the barracks?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)