|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are riding with Demetrio Macias?
2. What profession gives Venancio his medical knowledge?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a barber.
(c) He is a dentist.
(d) He is a law student.
3. Who kills the leader of the Federal soldiers?
(a) Demetrio Macias.
(d) Luis Cervantes.
4. What news do the muleteers bring to the revolutionaries?
(a) Huerta has been taken captive.
(b) Huerta is making a last stand in Zacatecas.
(c) Huerta has been killed.
(d) Huerta is fleeing the country.
5. What does Luis Cervantes advise Demetrio Macias to do?
(a) Take over the command of Natera's forces.
(b) Split from Natera's forces.
(c) Join with Natera's forces.
(d) Ambush Natera's forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the villager assure Demetrio Macias that the Federal soldiers are not dangerous?
2. Who helps Luis Cervantes to eat and cleans his wounded leg?
3. What does Camila want Luis Cervantes to teach her?
4. What advantage do Anastasio and Demetrio Macias believe Luis Cervantes possesses?
5. What does the neighborhood say has happened to Marcelina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Luis Cervantes begin to suspect that he has made another mistake?
2. What does Luis Cervantes insist that the band should do when he learns that Huerta is preparing a final defense in Zacatecas?
3. How is Luis Cervantes greeted when he first comes to the rebel camp?
4. Why is Luis Cervantes annoyed by Camila?
5. How does Camila expect Luis Cervantes to react when she tells him that Demetrio Macias has been flirting with her?
6. How does Luis Cervantes react when Camila tells him that Demetrio Macias has been flirting with her?
7. Why is Alberto Solis surprised to see Luis Cervantes in Zacatecas?
8. How do the rebels refer to each other?
9. The author uses the words "gold" or "golden" several times in his description of the Sierra. What symbolism might there be in calling the calf they are preparing to eat "golden?"
10. What does Luis Cervantes try to persuade Demetrio Macias to do as they approach the town where they are planning to attack the Federal soldiers?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)