|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What treat does Demetrio Macias bring to his men in the hills?
(c) Dried beef.
2. What did the rebels make hand grenades with?
(a) Iron pipes and brass knobs.
(b) Gasoline and rags.
(c) Gunpowder and firecrackers.
(d) Caps and rocks.
3. What does Demetrio Macias say he would be doing if Don Monico hadn't tried to arrest him?
(a) Sowing his land.
(b) Attacking Zacatecas.
(c) Riding with Pancho Villa.
(d) Leading the northern army.
4. Why is Anastasio Montanes unafraid of bullets?
(a) He is too fast to be shot.
(b) He is hoping to die.
(c) He's been shot many times.
(d) He wears a bulletproof vest.
5. What do Demetrio Macias' men plan to do if they outnumber the Federal soldiers?
(a) Kill them all.
(b) Chase them out of town.
(c) Scare them.
(d) Die bravely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Luis Cervantes riding with before Demetrio Macias?
2. What honor does Natera give Demetrio Macias?
3. What does Luis Cervantes say will be the result of their uprising?
4. According to Demetrio Macias, who defeated all the federal soldiers in town with just a half dozen men?
5. Why does Senora Remigia have little food for Demetrio Macias' men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the shooting of the dog named "Palomo, the dove," symbolize?
2. How were Demetrio Macias and his men able to get the drop on the Federal soldiers in the barracks?
3. How do the rebels refer to each other?
4. Why does Luis Cervantes begin to suspect that he has made another mistake?
5. Describe the leader of the Federal soldiers.
6. Why is Luis Cervantes annoyed by Camila?
7. The author uses the words "gold" or "golden" several times in his description of the Sierra. What symbolism might there be in calling the calf they are preparing to eat "golden?"
8. How is Luis Cervantes greeted when he first comes to the rebel camp?
9. Why does Luis Cervantes think that Demetrio Macias has run into the hills?
10. Why does Luis Cervantes say he has come to join Demetrio Macias?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)