|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Demetrio Macias miss at the dance?
(c) Luis Cervantes.
(d) His wife.
2. By what animal's name do Demetrio Macias' men most often call the Federal soldiers?
3. What do the marauders do to Demetrio Macias?
(a) Rape his wife.
(b) Steal his money.
(c) Burn down his house.
(d) Shoot him.
4. Who fights over their card game?
(a) Pancracio and Anastasio.
(b) Quail and Lard.
(c) Lard and Pancracio.
(d) Anastasio and Quail.
5. What does Quail have nightmares about?
(a) Men he shot.
(b) Men he stabbed.
(c) Men he saw shot.
(d) Men he saw hung.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the leader of the Federal soldiers?
2. Where does Luis Cervantes sleep when he joins Demetrio Macias' band?
3. What does Luis Cervantes hear on his first fighting encounter with the rebels?
4. Who kills the brother of the guide from the village?
5. What happens to two of Demetrio Macias' recruits during the celebration?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the leader of the Federal soldiers.
2. Why does the villager tell Demetrio Macias that it doesn't matter how many Federal soldiers are in the barracks?
3. Why does Demetrio Macias not want to take any of the women he admires into the towns they visit?
4. How does Crispin Robles recruit men to fight for the cause?
5. Why is Luis Cervantes annoyed by Camila?
6. Why does Quail object to Pancracio killing the Federal officer?
7. What had offended Luis Cervantes during his time with the Federal army?
8. Why is Alberto Solis surprised to see Luis Cervantes in Zacatecas?
9. How do the rebels refer to each other?
10. The author uses the words "gold" or "golden" several times in his description of the Sierra. What symbolism might there be in calling the calf they are preparing to eat "golden?"
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)