|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advantage do Anastasio and Demetrio Macias believe Luis Cervantes possesses?
(a) He can make stirring speeches.
(b) He can grasp complicated concepts.
(c) He can read and write.
(d) He can attract women.
2. Why doesn't Camila want to go with Demetrio Macias?
(a) She knows Demetrio Macias is married.
(b) She is afraid of the fighting that will go on.
(c) She loves Luis Cervantes.
(d) She doesn't want to leave her family.
3. What is the first cure the neighborhood women use for Demetrio Macias' fever?
(a) Pigeon blood on his abdomen.
(b) Pulque to drink.
(c) Corn liquor to drink.
(d) Alcohol-soaked bread on his abdomen.
4. To whom does the young carpenter who has been conscripted into the army pray?
(a) His sainted mother.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) The Virgin of Guadalupe.
5. How many rifles do Demetrio Macias' men have?
(a) Two hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luis Cervantes tell Demetrio Macias that Macias does not yet understand?
2. What is the leader of the Federal soldiers doing during the attack by Demetrio Macias?
3. What does Camila do that wins the affection of Demetrio Macias?
4. Why had Don Monico come to arrest Demetrio Macias?
5. How long has Luis Cervantes been fighting with the rebels?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luis Cervantes escape being shot to death by Demetrio Macias' men?
2. How do the rebels refer to their opponents and why?
3. Why does Luis Cervantes think that Demetrio Macias has run into the hills?
4. Why does Luis Cervantes say he has come to join Demetrio Macias?
5. What had offended Luis Cervantes during his time with the Federal army?
6. Why is Luis Cervantes annoyed by Camila?
7. Describe the leader of the Federal soldiers.
8. Why is Alberto Solis surprised to see Luis Cervantes in Zacatecas?
9. How is Luis Cervantes greeted when he first comes to the rebel camp?
10. Why does Demetrio Macias hate Don Monico?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)