|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Demetrio Macias' wife want him to do to the marauders?
(a) Release them.
(b) Feed them dinner.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Tell the authorities about them.
2. What does Camila want Luis Cervantes to teach her?
(a) How to speak English.
(b) How to treat a wound.
(c) How to dance.
(d) The words to "La Adelita."
3. What does the author say that alcohol was to the rebels in their celebration?
(a) A giver of courage.
(b) A bad advisor.
(c) A warmth in the heart.
(d) A warmth in the belly.
4. What do the rebels take from the soldiers?
(a) Their uniforms.
(b) Their watches.
(c) Their clothes.
(d) Their money.
5. Demetrio Macias says that you find out who your true friends are in __________________.
(a) Bed and prison.
(b) Hospital and school.
(c) Hospital and prison.
(d) Church and school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the leader of the Federal soldiers expect will be the result of the attack by Demetrio Macias?
2. Where does Demetrio Macias instruct his wife to go?
3. Who was Luis Cervantes riding with before Demetrio Macias?
4. What unanswerable question does Demetrio Macias ask Luis Cervantes?
5. How does Luis Cervantes believe Madero rewarded the peasants who helped him gain power?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Demetrio Macias not want to take any of the women he admires into the towns they visit?
2. Why does Luis Cervantes begin to suspect that he has made another mistake?
3. How does Crispin Robles recruit men to fight for the cause?
4. Why does Demetrio Macias order Quail to steal a priest's cassock?
5. Why does Luis Cervantes think that Demetrio Macias has run into the hills?
6. What kind of atmosphere is created as the rebels loot bodies of the soldiers they have killed?
7. How do the rebels refer to their opponents and why?
8. How does Luis Cervantes react when Camila tells him that Demetrio Macias has been flirting with her?
9. How does Camila expect Luis Cervantes to react when she tells him that Demetrio Macias has been flirting with her?
10. Why does Quail object to Pancracio killing the Federal officer?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)