|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the song Demetrio Macias sings over and over again, why does his assailant stab him?
(a) For money.
(b) For love.
(c) For God and country.
(d) He doesn't know why.
2. What does Demetrio Macias offer to do if Margarito will join him?
(a) Put him in the guardhouse.
(b) Make him a captain.
(c) Make him a colonel.
(d) Make him a major.
3. What does Demetrio Macias ask Luis Cervantes about the trip to Aguascalientes?
(a) He asks whether they are going there.
(b) He asks why they are going there.
(c) He asks when they are going there.
(d) He asks how they are going there.
4. What is Quail's response to learning of the great defeat?
(a) Now we are doomed.
(b) Now we are heroes.
(c) Now it's every man for himself.
(d) Now we are martyrs.
5. Why is Luis Cervantes negotiating with Quail?
(a) He wants to buy his stolen loot.
(b) He wants Quail to hide his stolen goods for him.
(c) He wants Quail to steal goods for him.
(d) He wants to sell his stolen loot.
6. What do the rebels take from Don Monico's house?
(a) Food and supplies.
(c) Paper money.
(d) Gold and jewelry.
7. What does Demetrio Macias do to the young recruit who tries to enter Don Monico's house?
(a) He stabs him.
(b) He admonishes him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He warns him.
8. Why is Demetrio Macias in a bad mood after their skirmish in Jalisco?
(a) There had been too many Orozquistas.
(b) Some of his men had joined the Orozquistas.
(c) They had been ambushed by Orozquistas.
(d) There had been no Orozquistas.
9. What does Demetrio Macias order his men to do when they enter the Sierra?
(a) Shoot anyone who is trying to hide from them.
(b) Take the supplies of those who are trying to hide from them.
(c) Burn the homes of those who are trying to hide from them.
(d) Capture anyone who is trying to hide from them.
10. What does Demetrio Macias promise Camila?
(a) He will let her carry a gun.
(b) He will keep her with him always.
(c) He will send War Paint away.
(d) He will let her go home.
11. What does Margarito do to the villager?
(a) Beats him.
(b) Stabs him.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Repays him.
12. Who takes Luis Cervantes' girlfriend for the night?
(a) Luis Cervantes.
(b) Demetrio Macias.
13. What does War Paint claim as her advance on salary?
(a) A rooster.
(b) A gold necklace.
(c) A turquoise jewel box.
(d) A black mare.
14. What refrain from the song does Demetrio Macias repeat again and again?
(a) "They do not know why, nor do I know why."
(b) "Until death do us part."
(c) "Where the mountains call us."
(d) "Home with my own true love."
15. How do Pancracio and Lard die?
(a) They are ambushed by Federal soldiers.
(b) They die from alcohol toxicity.
(c) They stab each other in a fight.
(d) They are shot in battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Luis Cervantes persuade the girl to come with him to the rebel camp?
2. Why are the rebels going to Aguascalientes?
3. Why does Luis Cervantes recommend stopping in Aguascalientes?
4. What saddens Demetrio Macias when they stop at a farmhouse for the night?
5. What is Valderrama's response to learning of the great defeat?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)