|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does War Paint say is the only person who can kill her?
(b) Demetrio Macias.
(d) Luis Cervantes.
2. How does Anastasio tell the time?
(a) By asking War Paint.
(b) By his stolen watch.
(c) By gauging the light.
(d) By the location of the stars in the Big Dipper.
3. What does Demetrio Macias keep in his hands even as he dies?
(a) His rifle.
(b) His knife.
(c) His guitar.
(d) A photo of his wife.
4. What saddens Demetrio Macias when they stop at a farmhouse for the night?
(a) The cruel treatment of the farm animals.
(b) The poverty of the Mexican landowners.
(c) The hard conditions of a crippled laborer.
(d) His longing for his own home.
5. With what does War Paint threaten Camila?
(a) She will gossip about Camila.
(b) She will take Demetrio Macias from Camila.
(c) She will be her enemy if Camila gossips about Margarito.
(d) She will give Camila to Margarito.
6. How does Margarito terrorize the waiter in the cantina in Aguascalientes?
(a) He shoots at his feet to make him dance.
(b) He throws darts around his head.
(c) He throws knives over his head.
(d) He shoots a bottle of tequila from his head.
7. What does War Paint claim as her advance on salary?
(a) A black mare.
(b) A turquoise jewel box.
(c) A gold necklace.
(d) A rooster.
8. What refrain from the song does Demetrio Macias repeat again and again?
(a) "Where the mountains call us."
(b) "They do not know why, nor do I know why."
(c) "Home with my own true love."
(d) "Until death do us part."
9. Why have Demetrio Macias' friends prepared a banquet in his honor?
(a) To celebrate his birthday.
(b) To celebrate his promotion to colonel.
(c) To celebrate his conquering the town.
(d) To celebrate his promotion to general.
10. What does Camila ask Demetrio Macias for permission to do when the rebels leave?
(a) Shoot War Paint.
(b) Go home.
(c) Come with him.
(d) Carry a gun.
11. What does Valderrama count as the rebels travel to Juchipila?
(c) Felled trees.
(d) Burned houses.
12. What do the rebels take from Don Monico's house?
(a) Paper money.
(b) Food and supplies.
(d) Gold and jewelry.
13. What does a village man try to do to save the books from being burned?
(a) Takes them back by force.
(b) Trades them for jewels.
(c) Buy them.
(d) Hides them.
14. How many men have the rebels recruited in a week?
(b) Two hundred and fifty.
(c) Five hundred.
(d) One hundred and fifty.
15. Where is Luis Cervantes after the war?
(c) El Paso, Texas.
(d) The Sierra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margarito order that the bar is unable to provide?
2. What does Luis Cervantes offer to Demetrio Macias?
3. What surprising news do the captured men give Demetrio Macias?
4. Demetrio Macias says he dreams of ______________.
5. Who fights over Margarito's treatment of the villager?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)