|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does War Paint claim as her advance on salary?
(a) A rooster.
(b) A black mare.
(c) A gold necklace.
(d) A turquoise jewel box.
2. How does Luis Cervantes persuade the girl to come with him to the rebel camp?
(a) He tells her he has come for her.
(b) He threatens harm to her family.
(c) He tells her Demetrio Macias loves her.
(d) He tells her she will be well paid.
3. What does Luis Cervantes offer to Demetrio Macias?
(a) A plan for the upcoming pillaging.
(b) An accounting of the goods they have plundered.
(c) A larger share of the loot.
(d) An explanation for the other generals.
4. What does Demetrio Macias promise Camila?
(a) He will let her carry a gun.
(b) He will let her go home.
(c) He will send War Paint away.
(d) He will keep her with him always.
5. What old friend does Anastasio suddenly recognize?
(b) Luis Cervantes.
(c) Demetrio Macias.
6. Who fights over Margarito's treatment of the villager?
(a) War Paint and Camila.
(b) Margarito and Luis Cervantes.
(c) War Paint and Margarito.
(d) Margarito and Camila.
7. Who is wooing War Paint?
(a) Demetrio Macias.
(d) Luis Cervantes.
8. Why have Demetrio Macias' friends prepared a banquet in his honor?
(a) To celebrate his birthday.
(b) To celebrate his promotion to general.
(c) To celebrate his conquering the town.
(d) To celebrate his promotion to colonel.
9. Why does Luis Cervantes recommend stopping in Aguascalientes?
(a) They need to bathe and get haircuts.
(b) They are running out of money.
(c) They need to rest.
(d) They need to tend to their wounded.
10. What injury does the waiter get from Margarito?
(a) A wounded foot.
(b) A cut on the head.
(c) A lost ear.
(d) A damaged hand.
11. What does Demetrio Macias ask Luis Cervantes about the trip to Aguascalientes?
(a) He asks how they are going there.
(b) He asks when they are going there.
(c) He asks whether they are going there.
(d) He asks why they are going there.
12. Who intervenes on behalf of the villager?
(d) Luis Cervantes.
13. What saddens Demetrio Macias when they stop at a farmhouse for the night?
(a) The cruel treatment of the farm animals.
(b) His longing for his own home.
(c) The poverty of the Mexican landowners.
(d) The hard conditions of a crippled laborer.
14. Why are the rebels going to Aguascalientes?
(a) To meet with the federal generals.
(b) To meet with the rebel generals.
(c) To vote for the provisional president.
(d) To take a vacation from the fighting.
15. What does Margarito claim he has trained his prisoner to do?
(a) Survive without water.
(b) Face death without fear.
(c) Survive without eating.
(d) Walk without shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valderrama count as the rebels travel to Juchipila?
2. Who takes Luis Cervantes' girlfriend for the night?
3. How many men have the rebels recruited in a week?
4. What does a village man try to do to save the books from being burned?
5. What does Margarito do when the waiter can't fill his order?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)