|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had the two old friends originally become acquainted?
(a) The Escobedo Penitentiary.
(b) Demetrio Macias' farm.
(c) The tavern in Zacatecas.
(d) The Federal army.
2. What is Valderrama's response to learning of the great defeat?
(a) His loyalty is to Demetrio Macias, not the government.
(b) He loves the revolution and doesn't care who lives or dies.
(c) He hates the revolution and doesn't care who lives or dies.
(d) His loyalty is to the men of the Sierra, not the government.
3. What does Demetrio Macias order his men to do when they enter the Sierra?
(a) Take the supplies of those who are trying to hide from them.
(b) Shoot anyone who is trying to hide from them.
(c) Burn the homes of those who are trying to hide from them.
(d) Capture anyone who is trying to hide from them.
4. Who is wooing War Paint?
(b) Luis Cervantes.
(d) Demetrio Macias.
5. What does War Paint do when no one defends her?
(a) She kills Margarito.
(b) She kills Luis Cervantes.
(c) She kills Demetrio Macias.
(d) She kills Camila.
6. How many men have the rebels recruited in a week?
(b) Two hundred and fifty.
(c) Five hundred.
(d) One hundred and fifty.
7. How does Margarito express his suicidal wish?
(a) He plays Russian roulette with his pistol.
(b) He pretends to drink poison.
(c) He begs others to kill him.
(d) He shoots his image in the mirror.
8. What does War Paint tell Camila Demetrio Macias plans to do?
(a) Attack Zacatecas.
(b) Go home to his wife.
(c) Bring his wife to the camp.
(d) Give up the rebellion.
9. What does Demetrio Macias offer to do if Margarito will join him?
(a) Make him a major.
(b) Put him in the guardhouse.
(c) Make him a colonel.
(d) Make him a captain.
10. Where is Luis Cervantes after the war?
(c) El Paso, Texas.
(d) The Sierra.
11. Why does Valderrama protest Demetrio Macias' order?
(a) The people of the Sierra are their brothers.
(b) The people of the Sierra are pitiful.
(c) The people of the Sierra are harmless.
(d) The people of the Sierra are on their side.
12. What does Margarito claim he has trained his prisoner to do?
(a) Walk without shoes.
(b) Face death without fear.
(c) Survive without water.
(d) Survive without eating.
13. What does Anastasio wonder about now that the Federal soldiers have been defeated?
(a) When he will be promoted.
(b) Who will be the provisional president.
(c) Why they have to go on fighting.
(d) Where they will fight next.
14. What does Demetrio Macias keep in his hands even as he dies?
(a) His knife.
(b) His rifle.
(c) A photo of his wife.
(d) His guitar.
15. Which men have been made majors under General Demetrio Macias?
(a) Pancracio and Anastasio.
(b) Anastasio and Luis Cervantes.
(c) Anastasio and Lard.
(d) Margarito and Luis Cervantes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Valderrama not hear the news about the great defeat?
2. What does Demetrio Macias do to the young recruit who tries to enter Don Monico's house?
3. How do the rebels entertain themselves in the afternoon?
4. In the song Demetrio Macias sings over and over again, why does his assailant stab him?
5. What does War Paint promise the kidnapped girl?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)