|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poor villager complain that Demetrio Macias' men have done to him?
(a) Burned down his house.
(b) Killed all his animals.
(c) Taken all his corn.
(d) Taken all his flour.
2. Why is Luis Cervantes negotiating with Quail?
(a) He wants to sell his stolen loot.
(b) He wants Quail to hide his stolen goods for him.
(c) He wants Quail to steal goods for him.
(d) He wants to buy his stolen loot.
3. What does Demetrio Macias keep in his hands even as he dies?
(a) His guitar.
(b) His knife.
(c) His rifle.
(d) A photo of his wife.
4. What injury does the waiter get from Margarito?
(a) A damaged hand.
(b) A cut on the head.
(c) A wounded foot.
(d) A lost ear.
5. Why do the captive Sierra men refuse to answer Demetrio Macias' questions about where they are coming from?
(a) They can't tell which side Demetrio Macias is on.
(b) They don't understand his question.
(c) They are Federal supporters.
(d) They don't speak the same dialect.
6. Why does War Paint leave the celebratory banquet?
(a) She is sleepy.
(b) She is bored by speeches.
(c) She is sick and tired.
(d) She is insulted by speeches.
7. What does Demetrio Macias ask Luis Cervantes about the trip to Aguascalientes?
(a) He asks how they are going there.
(b) He asks when they are going there.
(c) He asks why they are going there.
(d) He asks whether they are going there.
8. What does Margarito think could kill him?
(a) His own pent-up fear.
(b) A faithless woman.
(c) His own pent-up rage.
(d) A government spy.
9. What does Demetrio Macias take from the desk the rebels break into?
(a) A small box of diamonds.
(b) A typewriter.
(c) A jeweled letter opener.
(d) A pocket watch.
10. What do the rebels take from Don Monico's house?
(a) Food and supplies.
(b) Paper money.
(d) Gold and jewelry.
11. How do Pancracio and Lard die?
(a) They are shot in battle.
(b) They die from alcohol toxicity.
(c) They are ambushed by Federal soldiers.
(d) They stab each other in a fight.
12. What does a village man try to do to save the books from being burned?
(a) Buy them.
(b) Takes them back by force.
(c) Trades them for jewels.
(d) Hides them.
13. What does Demetrio Macias promise Camila?
(a) He will keep her with him always.
(b) He will send War Paint away.
(c) He will let her go home.
(d) He will let her carry a gun.
14. Whom does War Paint turn to for defense?
(a) Demetrio Macias.
(d) Luis Cervantes.
15. What refrain from the song does Demetrio Macias repeat again and again?
(a) "Home with my own true love."
(b) "Where the mountains call us."
(c) "They do not know why, nor do I know why."
(d) "Until death do us part."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does War Paint become angry with Camila?
2. Who is wooing War Paint?
3. What saddens Demetrio Macias when they stop at a farmhouse for the night?
4. What does War Paint do when no one defends her?
5. Who fights over Margarito's treatment of the villager?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)