|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does War Paint say is the only person who can kill her?
(a) Luis Cervantes.
(c) Demetrio Macias.
2. How do Pancracio and Lard die?
(a) They are shot in battle.
(b) They stab each other in a fight.
(c) They die from alcohol toxicity.
(d) They are ambushed by Federal soldiers.
3. What is Quail's response to learning of the great defeat?
(a) Now we are heroes.
(b) Now it's every man for himself.
(c) Now we are martyrs.
(d) Now we are doomed.
4. What does Margarito do to the villager?
(a) Repays him.
(b) Beats him.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Stabs him.
5. What do the rebels take from Don Monico's house?
(b) Gold and jewelry.
(c) Food and supplies.
(d) Paper money.
6. Who is wooing War Paint?
(b) Demetrio Macias.
(d) Luis Cervantes.
7. How does Anastasio tell the time?
(a) By his stolen watch.
(b) By the location of the stars in the Big Dipper.
(c) By gauging the light.
(d) By asking War Paint.
8. What does Margarito call himself when he realizes he has accidentally killed his prisoner?
(a) A hero.
(b) A villain.
(c) An animal.
(d) A softie.
9. Why does Margarito mistreat the Federal soldier he has taken prisoner?
(a) He is outraged at the Federal treatment.
(b) He enjoys watching suffering.
(c) He has gone mad.
(d) He has a personal vendetta against the man.
10. What does Demetrio Macias order his men to do when they enter the Sierra?
(a) Take the supplies of those who are trying to hide from them.
(b) Capture anyone who is trying to hide from them.
(c) Burn the homes of those who are trying to hide from them.
(d) Shoot anyone who is trying to hide from them.
11. What do Demetrio Macias' men brag about as they drink in the tavern at night?
(a) Goods they have stolen.
(b) The future of the country.
(c) People they have killed.
(d) People they have frightened.
12. Why does Valderrama not hear the news about the great defeat?
(a) Valderrama was on patrol when the captives were questioned.
(b) Valderrama hides when bad news is being delivered.
(c) Valderrama stays away when people might be killed.
(d) Valderrama was asleep when the captives were questioned.
13. What does Demetrio Macias ask Luis Cervantes about the trip to Aguascalientes?
(a) He asks whether they are going there.
(b) He asks why they are going there.
(c) He asks how they are going there.
(d) He asks when they are going there.
14. What does Demetrio Macias take from the desk the rebels break into?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) A jeweled letter opener.
(c) A pocket watch.
(d) A small box of diamonds.
15. Why does Luis Cervantes object to the looting?
(a) It is the same behavior the Federal soldiers display.
(b) It brings small rewards.
(c) It causes retaliation.
(d) It ruins the reputation of the rebels and their cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margarito order that the bar is unable to provide?
2. How does Luis Cervantes persuade the girl to come with him to the rebel camp?
3. What does Venancio hope to do after the war?
4. What does Anastasio wonder about now that the Federal soldiers have been defeated?
5. Where do the rebels sleep in Tepatitlan?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)