|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does War Paint do when no one defends her?
(a) She kills Camila.
(b) She kills Luis Cervantes.
(c) She kills Margarito.
(d) She kills Demetrio Macias.
2. What injury does the waiter get from Margarito?
(a) A damaged hand.
(b) A lost ear.
(c) A cut on the head.
(d) A wounded foot.
3. Why does Luis Cervantes object to the looting?
(a) It is the same behavior the Federal soldiers display.
(b) It ruins the reputation of the rebels and their cause.
(c) It brings small rewards.
(d) It causes retaliation.
4. What premonition does Demetrio Macias have?
(a) "Someone's going to kill me."
(b) "The Federals will capture me."
(c) "Mexico will rise like the sun."
(d) "Something's going to happen to me."
5. What refrain from the song does Demetrio Macias repeat again and again?
(a) "Until death do us part."
(b) "Where the mountains call us."
(c) "They do not know why, nor do I know why."
(d) "Home with my own true love."
6. What does a village man try to do to save the books from being burned?
(a) Takes them back by force.
(b) Trades them for jewels.
(c) Hides them.
(d) Buy them.
7. Who does War Paint say is the only person who can kill her?
(b) Demetrio Macias.
(d) Luis Cervantes.
8. What does Demetrio Macias offer to do if Margarito will join him?
(a) Make him a major.
(b) Make him a colonel.
(c) Put him in the guardhouse.
(d) Make him a captain.
9. Where do the rebels sleep in Tepatitlan?
(a) People's homes.
(b) The ground.
(c) The church.
(d) The school.
10. What does Luis Cervantes present to Demetrio Macias at the banquet?
(a) A certificate of valor.
(b) A military stripe.
(c) A Mexican flag.
(d) A brass eagle.
11. What does Demetrio Macias take from the desk the rebels break into?
(a) A jeweled letter opener.
(b) A small box of diamonds.
(c) A pocket watch.
(d) A typewriter.
12. What is Demetrio Macias unable to remember?
(a) How long he has been away.
(b) His wife's face.
(c) His son's face.
(d) The way home to his rancho.
13. What does Margarito think could kill him?
(a) A faithless woman.
(b) His own pent-up rage.
(c) His own pent-up fear.
(d) A government spy.
14. Why does Valderrama not hear the news about the great defeat?
(a) Valderrama stays away when people might be killed.
(b) Valderrama hides when bad news is being delivered.
(c) Valderrama was asleep when the captives were questioned.
(d) Valderrama was on patrol when the captives were questioned.
15. Why is Demetrio Macias in a bad mood after their skirmish in Jalisco?
(a) There had been no Orozquistas.
(b) They had been ambushed by Orozquistas.
(c) There had been too many Orozquistas.
(d) Some of his men had joined the Orozquistas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men have the rebels recruited in a week?
2. What do Demetrio Macias' men brag about as they drink in the tavern at night?
3. Who takes Luis Cervantes' girlfriend for the night?
4. Why does Pancracio shoot the sacristan of the church in the village?
5. Why does War Paint become angry with Camila?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)