|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have they spent their money on?
(a) Food and clothing.
(b) Advances and bonuses.
(c) Whiskey and women.
(d) Weapons and ammunition.
2. How does Margarito express his suicidal wish?
(a) He pretends to drink poison.
(b) He begs others to kill him.
(c) He plays Russian roulette with his pistol.
(d) He shoots his image in the mirror.
3. What injury does the waiter get from Margarito?
(a) A wounded foot.
(b) A lost ear.
(c) A cut on the head.
(d) A damaged hand.
4. Why does Valderrama protest Demetrio Macias' order?
(a) The people of the Sierra are on their side.
(b) The people of the Sierra are pitiful.
(c) The people of the Sierra are harmless.
(d) The people of the Sierra are their brothers.
5. Demetrio Macias says he dreams of ______________.
(a) His children.
(b) War Paint.
(c) His wife.
6. What does Quail decide to do with the plush curtains they are looting?
(a) Use them to kidnap the girl in the family.
(b) Use them to put out the barbecue fire.
(c) Use them as saddle blankets.
(d) Use them for capes.
7. What do Demetrio Macias' men brag about as they drink in the tavern at night?
(a) The future of the country.
(b) People they have frightened.
(c) Goods they have stolen.
(d) People they have killed.
8. Who is Demetrio Macias ordered to fight in Jalisco?
9. What is Demetrio Macias unable to remember?
(a) How long he has been away.
(b) The way home to his rancho.
(c) His wife's face.
(d) His son's face.
10. What does War Paint promise the kidnapped girl?
(a) She will earn a lot of money.
(b) She will come to love the rebel life.
(c) War Paint will stick up for her.
(d) To take her safely home.
11. How does Anastasio tell the time?
(a) By asking War Paint.
(b) By his stolen watch.
(c) By the location of the stars in the Big Dipper.
(d) By gauging the light.
12. Where do the rebels sleep in Tepatitlan?
(a) The school.
(b) People's homes.
(c) The church.
(d) The ground.
13. Why does War Paint become angry with Camila?
(a) Camila is a better markswoman than War Paint.
(b) Camila is a better horsewoman than War Paint.
(c) Camila is more beautiful than War Paint.
(d) Camila decides to ride with Demetrio Macias
14. What premonition does Demetrio Macias have?
(a) "The Federals will capture me."
(b) "Someone's going to kill me."
(c) "Something's going to happen to me."
(d) "Mexico will rise like the sun."
15. What does Demetrio Macias ask Luis Cervantes about the trip to Aguascalientes?
(a) He asks how they are going there.
(b) He asks whether they are going there.
(c) He asks when they are going there.
(d) He asks why they are going there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Pancracio and Lard die?
2. Where had the two old friends originally become acquainted?
3. What does Demetrio Macias do to the young recruit who tries to enter Don Monico's house?
4. How does Luis Cervantes persuade the girl to come with him to the rebel camp?
5. Where does Demetrio Macias receive orders to go from Tepatitlan?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)