|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Quail's response to learning of the great defeat?
(a) Now we are martyrs.
(b) Now we are heroes.
(c) Now it's every man for himself.
(d) Now we are doomed.
2. Why does War Paint leave the celebratory banquet?
(a) She is bored by speeches.
(b) She is insulted by speeches.
(c) She is sick and tired.
(d) She is sleepy.
3. What premonition does Demetrio Macias have?
(a) "Someone's going to kill me."
(b) "Mexico will rise like the sun."
(c) "The Federals will capture me."
(d) "Something's going to happen to me."
4. Who takes Luis Cervantes' girlfriend for the night?
(a) Demetrio Macias.
(d) Luis Cervantes.
5. What does Margarito think could kill him?
(a) His own pent-up rage.
(b) A faithless woman.
(c) A government spy.
(d) His own pent-up fear.
6. What act of Margarito's does Luis Cervantes say was his most noble?
(a) Margarito sacrificed himself to save others.
(b) Margarito killed himself.
(c) Margarito retired from the army.
(d) Margarito disappeared.
7. What does Margarito claim he has trained his prisoner to do?
(a) Walk without shoes.
(b) Survive without water.
(c) Survive without eating.
(d) Face death without fear.
8. What refrain from the song does Demetrio Macias repeat again and again?
(a) "They do not know why, nor do I know why."
(b) "Until death do us part."
(c) "Where the mountains call us."
(d) "Home with my own true love."
9. Why are Quail and Lard pleased after their skirmish in Jalisco?
(a) They have a lot of loot.
(b) They have been treated like heroes.
(c) They were given a parade.
(d) They did a lot of fighting.
10. Why have Demetrio Macias' friends prepared a banquet in his honor?
(a) To celebrate his conquering the town.
(b) To celebrate his promotion to colonel.
(c) To celebrate his birthday.
(d) To celebrate his promotion to general.
11. How does Margarito terrorize the waiter in the cantina in Aguascalientes?
(a) He shoots at his feet to make him dance.
(b) He shoots a bottle of tequila from his head.
(c) He throws darts around his head.
(d) He throws knives over his head.
12. How does Anastasio tell the time?
(a) By the location of the stars in the Big Dipper.
(b) By gauging the light.
(c) By his stolen watch.
(d) By asking War Paint.
13. Why do the captive Sierra men refuse to answer Demetrio Macias' questions about where they are coming from?
(a) They don't understand his question.
(b) They are Federal supporters.
(c) They can't tell which side Demetrio Macias is on.
(d) They don't speak the same dialect.
14. What does Demetrio Macias keep in his hands even as he dies?
(a) His rifle.
(b) A photo of his wife.
(c) His guitar.
(d) His knife.
15. What does Luis Cervantes advise Venancio to do?
(a) Retire to his ranch.
(b) Open a Mexican restaurant.
(c) Go to medical school.
(d) Stay in the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quail decide to do with the plush curtains they are looting?
2. Why does Luis Cervantes recommend stopping in Aguascalientes?
3. What saddens Demetrio Macias when they stop at a farmhouse for the night?
4. Why does Valderrama protest Demetrio Macias' order?
5. What does Margarito call himself when he realizes he has accidentally killed his prisoner?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)