|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act of Margarito's does Luis Cervantes say was his most noble?
(a) Margarito sacrificed himself to save others.
(b) Margarito killed himself.
(c) Margarito disappeared.
(d) Margarito retired from the army.
2. What does Demetrio Macias promise Luis Cervantes if he brings his love to him?
(a) Any girl he wants.
(b) The gold pocket watch.
(c) The money they have stolen.
(d) The box of diamonds.
3. What does Demetrio Macias offer to do if Margarito will join him?
(a) Make him a colonel.
(b) Put him in the guardhouse.
(c) Make him a major.
(d) Make him a captain.
4. Why does War Paint become angry with Camila?
(a) Camila is a better markswoman than War Paint.
(b) Camila is a better horsewoman than War Paint.
(c) Camila is more beautiful than War Paint.
(d) Camila decides to ride with Demetrio Macias
5. Why does War Paint leave the celebratory banquet?
(a) She is sleepy.
(b) She is bored by speeches.
(c) She is insulted by speeches.
(d) She is sick and tired.
6. Who intervenes on behalf of the villager?
(c) Luis Cervantes.
7. What surprising news do the captured men give Demetrio Macias?
(a) Villa has been defeated in Celaya.
(b) Narete has been defeated in Celaya.
(c) Zapata has been defeated in Celaya.
(d) Huerta has been defeated in Celaya.
8. What injury does the waiter get from Margarito?
(a) A damaged hand.
(b) A cut on the head.
(c) A wounded foot.
(d) A lost ear.
9. Where is Luis Cervantes after the war?
(b) The Sierra.
(c) El Paso, Texas.
10. Why do the townspeople gather when Demetrio Macias enters Don Monico's house?
(a) They want to watch the plundering.
(b) They want a share of the loot.
(c) They want to offer support to the rebels.
(d) They want to help Don Monico.
11. What does Camila ask Demetrio Macias for permission to do when the rebels leave?
(a) Come with him.
(b) Shoot War Paint.
(c) Carry a gun.
(d) Go home.
12. Why does Luis Cervantes object to the looting?
(a) It is the same behavior the Federal soldiers display.
(b) It brings small rewards.
(c) It ruins the reputation of the rebels and their cause.
(d) It causes retaliation.
13. What does War Paint tell Camila Demetrio Macias plans to do?
(a) Bring his wife to the camp.
(b) Attack Zacatecas.
(c) Go home to his wife.
(d) Give up the rebellion.
14. Why does Luis Cervantes recommend stopping in Aguascalientes?
(a) They need to rest.
(b) They are running out of money.
(c) They need to tend to their wounded.
(d) They need to bathe and get haircuts.
15. What premonition does Demetrio Macias have?
(a) "The Federals will capture me."
(b) "Mexico will rise like the sun."
(c) "Someone's going to kill me."
(d) "Something's going to happen to me."
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the rebels entertain themselves in the afternoon?
2. What refrain from the song does Demetrio Macias repeat again and again?
3. What does Margarito claim he has trained his prisoner to do?
4. Why have Demetrio Macias' friends prepared a banquet in his honor?
5. What does War Paint claim as her advance on salary?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)