|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Demetrio Macias' men brag about as they drink in the tavern at night?
(a) Goods they have stolen.
(b) People they have killed.
(c) People they have frightened.
(d) The future of the country.
2. How many men have the rebels recruited in a week?
(a) One hundred and fifty.
(b) Five hundred.
(d) Two hundred and fifty.
3. Who fights over Margarito's treatment of the villager?
(a) War Paint and Margarito.
(b) War Paint and Camila.
(c) Margarito and Luis Cervantes.
(d) Margarito and Camila.
4. Where is Luis Cervantes after the war?
(b) El Paso, Texas.
(c) The Sierra.
5. Where does Demetrio Macias receive orders to go from Tepatitlan?
(b) The capital.
(c) The Sierra.
6. What does Demetrio Macias offer to do if Margarito will join him?
(a) Make him a major.
(b) Make him a captain.
(c) Put him in the guardhouse.
(d) Make him a colonel.
7. What does Luis Cervantes advise Venancio to do?
(a) Retire to his ranch.
(b) Go to medical school.
(c) Stay in the army.
(d) Open a Mexican restaurant.
8. What does War Paint advise the kidnapped girl to do as the men leave?
(b) Go with them willingly.
(c) Pretend to be ill.
(d) Stampede their horses.
9. Who refuses Luis Cervantes' offer of help?
(b) War Paint.
(d) Demetrio Macias.
10. What does Margarito do when the waiter can't fill his order?
(a) He stabs the waiter.
(b) He knocks the waiter down.
(c) He goes to another cantina.
(d) He shoots the waiter.
11. Why is Luis Cervantes negotiating with Quail?
(a) He wants to buy his stolen loot.
(b) He wants Quail to steal goods for him.
(c) He wants Quail to hide his stolen goods for him.
(d) He wants to sell his stolen loot.
12. What act of Margarito's does Luis Cervantes say was his most noble?
(a) Margarito killed himself.
(b) Margarito disappeared.
(c) Margarito retired from the army.
(d) Margarito sacrificed himself to save others.
13. What do the rebels take from Don Monico's house?
(a) Food and supplies.
(b) Gold and jewelry.
(d) Paper money.
14. What does Margarito order that the bar is unable to provide?
15. Why does Valderrama protest Demetrio Macias' order?
(a) The people of the Sierra are pitiful.
(b) The people of the Sierra are harmless.
(c) The people of the Sierra are their brothers.
(d) The people of the Sierra are on their side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does War Paint promise the kidnapped girl?
2. What injury does the waiter get from Margarito?
3. What does Demetrio Macias promise Luis Cervantes if he brings his love to him?
4. Who does War Paint say is the only person who can kill her?
5. What does Demetrio Macias ask Luis Cervantes about the trip to Aguascalientes?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)