|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Demetrio Macias receive orders to go from Tepatitlan?
(b) The capital.
(c) The Sierra.
2. What does War Paint tell Camila Demetrio Macias plans to do?
(a) Give up the rebellion.
(b) Go home to his wife.
(c) Bring his wife to the camp.
(d) Attack Zacatecas.
3. What does Luis Cervantes offer to Demetrio Macias?
(a) A plan for the upcoming pillaging.
(b) An explanation for the other generals.
(c) An accounting of the goods they have plundered.
(d) A larger share of the loot.
4. What does War Paint claim as her advance on salary?
(a) A gold necklace.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A black mare.
(d) A turquoise jewel box.
5. Why does War Paint become angry with Camila?
(a) Camila decides to ride with Demetrio Macias
(b) Camila is a better markswoman than War Paint.
(c) Camila is more beautiful than War Paint.
(d) Camila is a better horsewoman than War Paint.
6. What saddens Demetrio Macias when they stop at a farmhouse for the night?
(a) The cruel treatment of the farm animals.
(b) The hard conditions of a crippled laborer.
(c) The poverty of the Mexican landowners.
(d) His longing for his own home.
7. What does War Paint promise the kidnapped girl?
(a) She will earn a lot of money.
(b) She will come to love the rebel life.
(c) To take her safely home.
(d) War Paint will stick up for her.
8. What does Demetrio Macias promise Camila?
(a) He will keep her with him always.
(b) He will let her go home.
(c) He will let her carry a gun.
(d) He will send War Paint away.
9. Who refuses Luis Cervantes' offer of help?
(a) War Paint.
(c) Demetrio Macias.
10. Why are the rebels going to Aguascalientes?
(a) To take a vacation from the fighting.
(b) To meet with the rebel generals.
(c) To vote for the provisional president.
(d) To meet with the federal generals.
11. What is Valderrama's response to learning of the great defeat?
(a) He hates the revolution and doesn't care who lives or dies.
(b) His loyalty is to the men of the Sierra, not the government.
(c) His loyalty is to Demetrio Macias, not the government.
(d) He loves the revolution and doesn't care who lives or dies.
12. What does Camila ask Demetrio Macias for permission to do when the rebels leave?
(a) Go home.
(b) Come with him.
(c) Shoot War Paint.
(d) Carry a gun.
13. What premonition does Demetrio Macias have?
(a) "Something's going to happen to me."
(b) "The Federals will capture me."
(c) "Mexico will rise like the sun."
(d) "Someone's going to kill me."
14. What does Margarito call himself when he realizes he has accidentally killed his prisoner?
(a) An animal.
(b) A hero.
(c) A villain.
(d) A softie.
15. What does Margarito do to the villager?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Stabs him.
(c) Beats him.
(d) Repays him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization does Luis Cervantes advise Venancio to join?
2. Who takes Luis Cervantes' girlfriend for the night?
3. What injury does the waiter get from Margarito?
4. What does a village man try to do to save the books from being burned?
5. What does Valderrama count as the rebels travel to Juchipila?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)