|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valderrama count as the rebels travel to Juchipila?
(b) Felled trees.
(d) Burned houses.
2. Why do the captive Sierra men refuse to answer Demetrio Macias' questions about where they are coming from?
(a) They don't speak the same dialect.
(b) They can't tell which side Demetrio Macias is on.
(c) They don't understand his question.
(d) They are Federal supporters.
3. Who takes Luis Cervantes' girlfriend for the night?
(a) Demetrio Macias.
(c) Luis Cervantes.
4. Why is Luis Cervantes negotiating with Quail?
(a) He wants to sell his stolen loot.
(b) He wants Quail to hide his stolen goods for him.
(c) He wants to buy his stolen loot.
(d) He wants Quail to steal goods for him.
5. Where had the two old friends originally become acquainted?
(a) Demetrio Macias' farm.
(b) The tavern in Zacatecas.
(c) The Federal army.
(d) The Escobedo Penitentiary.
6. How does Luis Cervantes persuade the girl to come with him to the rebel camp?
(a) He tells her Demetrio Macias loves her.
(b) He tells her he has come for her.
(c) He threatens harm to her family.
(d) He tells her she will be well paid.
7. Who does War Paint say is the only person who can kill her?
(a) Demetrio Macias.
(d) Luis Cervantes.
8. What does a village man try to do to save the books from being burned?
(a) Hides them.
(b) Takes them back by force.
(c) Buy them.
(d) Trades them for jewels.
9. What does Margarito do when the waiter can't fill his order?
(a) He knocks the waiter down.
(b) He shoots the waiter.
(c) He goes to another cantina.
(d) He stabs the waiter.
10. What act of Margarito's does Luis Cervantes say was his most noble?
(a) Margarito killed himself.
(b) Margarito disappeared.
(c) Margarito sacrificed himself to save others.
(d) Margarito retired from the army.
11. What does Luis Cervantes present to Demetrio Macias at the banquet?
(a) A certificate of valor.
(b) A Mexican flag.
(c) A brass eagle.
(d) A military stripe.
12. What does Demetrio Macias take from the desk the rebels break into?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) A small box of diamonds.
(c) A jeweled letter opener.
(d) A pocket watch.
13. What is Demetrio Macias unable to remember?
(a) The way home to his rancho.
(b) His wife's face.
(c) His son's face.
(d) How long he has been away.
14. How does Margarito terrorize the waiter in the cantina in Aguascalientes?
(a) He shoots a bottle of tequila from his head.
(b) He throws darts around his head.
(c) He throws knives over his head.
(d) He shoots at his feet to make him dance.
15. What surprising news do the captured men give Demetrio Macias?
(a) Zapata has been defeated in Celaya.
(b) Villa has been defeated in Celaya.
(c) Narete has been defeated in Celaya.
(d) Huerta has been defeated in Celaya.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the rebels sleep in Tepatitlan?
2. What saddens Demetrio Macias when they stop at a farmhouse for the night?
3. What does Margarito do to the villager?
4. Who fights over Margarito's treatment of the villager?
5. What does Demetrio Macias offer to do if Margarito will join him?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)