|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margarito think could kill him?
(a) His own pent-up fear.
(b) His own pent-up rage.
(c) A government spy.
(d) A faithless woman.
2. Demetrio Macias says he dreams of ______________.
(b) His wife.
(c) His children.
(d) War Paint.
3. How do Pancracio and Lard die?
(a) They stab each other in a fight.
(b) They are shot in battle.
(c) They are ambushed by Federal soldiers.
(d) They die from alcohol toxicity.
4. What does War Paint claim as her advance on salary?
(a) A rooster.
(b) A gold necklace.
(c) A turquoise jewel box.
(d) A black mare.
5. How many men have the rebels recruited in a week?
(b) Five hundred.
(c) Two hundred and fifty.
(d) One hundred and fifty.
6. What act of Margarito's does Luis Cervantes say was his most noble?
(a) Margarito retired from the army.
(b) Margarito disappeared.
(c) Margarito sacrificed himself to save others.
(d) Margarito killed himself.
7. Who is Demetrio Macias ordered to fight in Jalisco?
8. Where had the two old friends originally become acquainted?
(a) The Escobedo Penitentiary.
(b) Demetrio Macias' farm.
(c) The Federal army.
(d) The tavern in Zacatecas.
9. Why is Demetrio Macias in a bad mood after their skirmish in Jalisco?
(a) Some of his men had joined the Orozquistas.
(b) There had been no Orozquistas.
(c) They had been ambushed by Orozquistas.
(d) There had been too many Orozquistas.
10. Why does Pancracio shoot the sacristan of the church in the village?
(a) He was well dressed.
(b) He was silent.
(c) He was secretive.
(d) He was rude.
11. Why does Luis Cervantes recommend stopping in Aguascalientes?
(a) They are running out of money.
(b) They need to rest.
(c) They need to bathe and get haircuts.
(d) They need to tend to their wounded.
12. Why do the captive Sierra men refuse to answer Demetrio Macias' questions about where they are coming from?
(a) They don't understand his question.
(b) They are Federal supporters.
(c) They don't speak the same dialect.
(d) They can't tell which side Demetrio Macias is on.
13. What is Quail's response to learning of the great defeat?
(a) Now it's every man for himself.
(b) Now we are martyrs.
(c) Now we are doomed.
(d) Now we are heroes.
14. What does Valderrama count as the rebels travel to Juchipila?
(a) Felled trees.
(d) Burned houses.
15. What does Demetrio Macias promise Luis Cervantes if he brings his love to him?
(a) The gold pocket watch.
(b) The money they have stolen.
(c) Any girl he wants.
(d) The box of diamonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization does Luis Cervantes advise Venancio to join?
2. Who refuses Luis Cervantes' offer of help?
3. Why does Margarito mistreat the Federal soldier he has taken prisoner?
4. What refrain from the song does Demetrio Macias repeat again and again?
5. What does War Paint advise the kidnapped girl to do as the men leave?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)