|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does War Paint tell Camila Demetrio Macias plans to do?
(a) Give up the rebellion.
(b) Bring his wife to the camp.
(c) Go home to his wife.
(d) Attack Zacatecas.
2. What is Quail's response to learning of the great defeat?
(a) Now it's every man for himself.
(b) Now we are heroes.
(c) Now we are martyrs.
(d) Now we are doomed.
3. Why are Quail and Lard pleased after their skirmish in Jalisco?
(a) They have been treated like heroes.
(b) They have a lot of loot.
(c) They did a lot of fighting.
(d) They were given a parade.
4. How many men have the rebels recruited in a week?
(a) Five hundred.
(b) Two hundred and fifty.
(d) One hundred and fifty.
5. In the song Demetrio Macias sings over and over again, why does his assailant stab him?
(a) For God and country.
(b) He doesn't know why.
(c) For money.
(d) For love.
6. What organization does Luis Cervantes advise Venancio to join?
(a) The National Guard.
(b) The Mexican army.
(c) The American army.
(d) The Salvation Army.
7. Why do the captive Sierra men refuse to answer Demetrio Macias' questions about where they are coming from?
(a) They can't tell which side Demetrio Macias is on.
(b) They don't understand his question.
(c) They are Federal supporters.
(d) They don't speak the same dialect.
8. What does Luis Cervantes offer to Demetrio Macias?
(a) An accounting of the goods they have plundered.
(b) An explanation for the other generals.
(c) A plan for the upcoming pillaging.
(d) A larger share of the loot.
9. What does Demetrio Macias do to the young recruit who tries to enter Don Monico's house?
(a) He stabs him.
(b) He warns him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He admonishes him.
10. What have they spent their money on?
(a) Weapons and ammunition.
(b) Food and clothing.
(c) Advances and bonuses.
(d) Whiskey and women.
11. What saddens Demetrio Macias when they stop at a farmhouse for the night?
(a) His longing for his own home.
(b) The poverty of the Mexican landowners.
(c) The cruel treatment of the farm animals.
(d) The hard conditions of a crippled laborer.
12. Why does Valderrama not hear the news about the great defeat?
(a) Valderrama was asleep when the captives were questioned.
(b) Valderrama stays away when people might be killed.
(c) Valderrama was on patrol when the captives were questioned.
(d) Valderrama hides when bad news is being delivered.
13. What does Margarito do when the waiter can't fill his order?
(a) He shoots the waiter.
(b) He knocks the waiter down.
(c) He goes to another cantina.
(d) He stabs the waiter.
14. What does Demetrio Macias take from the desk the rebels break into?
(a) A small box of diamonds.
(b) A jeweled letter opener.
(c) A pocket watch.
(d) A typewriter.
15. What does War Paint advise the kidnapped girl to do as the men leave?
(a) Go with them willingly.
(c) Stampede their horses.
(d) Pretend to be ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the rebels take from Don Monico's house?
2. Why does Pancracio shoot the sacristan of the church in the village?
3. What is Demetrio Macias unable to remember?
4. Why do the townspeople gather when Demetrio Macias enters Don Monico's house?
5. What does a village man try to do to save the books from being burned?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)