|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margarito order that the bar is unable to provide?
2. Why are Quail and Lard pleased after their skirmish in Jalisco?
(a) They have been treated like heroes.
(b) They were given a parade.
(c) They have a lot of loot.
(d) They did a lot of fighting.
3. What does Demetrio Macias offer to do if Margarito will join him?
(a) Make him a captain.
(b) Make him a major.
(c) Make him a colonel.
(d) Put him in the guardhouse.
4. What does Margarito think could kill him?
(a) A government spy.
(b) His own pent-up rage.
(c) His own pent-up fear.
(d) A faithless woman.
5. What does War Paint tell Camila Demetrio Macias plans to do?
(a) Give up the rebellion.
(b) Attack Zacatecas.
(c) Go home to his wife.
(d) Bring his wife to the camp.
6. Why does Pancracio shoot the sacristan of the church in the village?
(a) He was silent.
(b) He was rude.
(c) He was well dressed.
(d) He was secretive.
7. What do the rebels take from Don Monico's house?
(a) Gold and jewelry.
(c) Food and supplies.
(d) Paper money.
8. What does Margarito call himself when he realizes he has accidentally killed his prisoner?
(a) An animal.
(b) A softie.
(c) A hero.
(d) A villain.
9. What does Luis Cervantes steal from a desk the rebels break into?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) A small box of diamonds.
(c) A cache of army directives.
(d) A jeweled letter opener.
10. What does Demetrio Macias order his men to do when they enter the Sierra?
(a) Burn the homes of those who are trying to hide from them.
(b) Shoot anyone who is trying to hide from them.
(c) Capture anyone who is trying to hide from them.
(d) Take the supplies of those who are trying to hide from them.
11. What does Demetrio Macias do to the young recruit who tries to enter Don Monico's house?
(a) He warns him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He admonishes him.
12. Why have Demetrio Macias' friends prepared a banquet in his honor?
(a) To celebrate his conquering the town.
(b) To celebrate his birthday.
(c) To celebrate his promotion to colonel.
(d) To celebrate his promotion to general.
13. What does Demetrio Macias promise Camila?
(a) He will keep her with him always.
(b) He will let her carry a gun.
(c) He will let her go home.
(d) He will send War Paint away.
14. What does Anastasio wonder about now that the Federal soldiers have been defeated?
(a) Why they have to go on fighting.
(b) Who will be the provisional president.
(c) Where they will fight next.
(d) When he will be promoted.
15. Why does Luis Cervantes recommend stopping in Aguascalientes?
(a) They need to tend to their wounded.
(b) They are running out of money.
(c) They need to bathe and get haircuts.
(d) They need to rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the song Demetrio Macias sings over and over again, why does his assailant stab him?
2. What does the poor villager complain that Demetrio Macias' men have done to him?
3. What have they spent their money on?
4. Where does Demetrio Macias receive orders to go from Tepatitlan?
5. What does Valderrama count as the rebels travel to Juchipila?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)