|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margarito do when the waiter can't fill his order?
(a) He goes to another cantina.
(b) He knocks the waiter down.
(c) He stabs the waiter.
(d) He shoots the waiter.
2. Why does Valderrama not hear the news about the great defeat?
(a) Valderrama was on patrol when the captives were questioned.
(b) Valderrama was asleep when the captives were questioned.
(c) Valderrama hides when bad news is being delivered.
(d) Valderrama stays away when people might be killed.
3. Why have Demetrio Macias' friends prepared a banquet in his honor?
(a) To celebrate his birthday.
(b) To celebrate his promotion to general.
(c) To celebrate his promotion to colonel.
(d) To celebrate his conquering the town.
4. What does Quail decide to do with the plush curtains they are looting?
(a) Use them to kidnap the girl in the family.
(b) Use them to put out the barbecue fire.
(c) Use them for capes.
(d) Use them as saddle blankets.
5. Who does War Paint say is the only person who can kill her?
(b) Luis Cervantes.
(c) Demetrio Macias.
6. What is Quail's response to learning of the great defeat?
(a) Now it's every man for himself.
(b) Now we are martyrs.
(c) Now we are heroes.
(d) Now we are doomed.
7. What does War Paint do when no one defends her?
(a) She kills Camila.
(b) She kills Margarito.
(c) She kills Luis Cervantes.
(d) She kills Demetrio Macias.
8. Why are the rebels going to Aguascalientes?
(a) To vote for the provisional president.
(b) To meet with the rebel generals.
(c) To take a vacation from the fighting.
(d) To meet with the federal generals.
9. What refrain from the song does Demetrio Macias repeat again and again?
(a) "They do not know why, nor do I know why."
(b) "Until death do us part."
(c) "Where the mountains call us."
(d) "Home with my own true love."
10. Why does Margarito mistreat the Federal soldier he has taken prisoner?
(a) He is outraged at the Federal treatment.
(b) He has a personal vendetta against the man.
(c) He has gone mad.
(d) He enjoys watching suffering.
11. What does Margarito think could kill him?
(a) His own pent-up fear.
(b) A faithless woman.
(c) His own pent-up rage.
(d) A government spy.
12. Why are Quail and Lard pleased after their skirmish in Jalisco?
(a) They have been treated like heroes.
(b) They have a lot of loot.
(c) They did a lot of fighting.
(d) They were given a parade.
13. Where is Luis Cervantes after the war?
(c) The Sierra.
(d) El Paso, Texas.
14. What do Demetrio Macias' men brag about as they drink in the tavern at night?
(a) People they have killed.
(b) The future of the country.
(c) People they have frightened.
(d) Goods they have stolen.
15. What does Luis Cervantes advise Venancio to do?
(a) Go to medical school.
(b) Retire to his ranch.
(c) Stay in the army.
(d) Open a Mexican restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margarito call himself when he realizes he has accidentally killed his prisoner?
2. Why is Luis Cervantes negotiating with Quail?
3. What does Venancio hope to do after the war?
4. What old friend does Anastasio suddenly recognize?
5. How does Margarito terrorize the waiter in the cantina in Aguascalientes?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)