|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Quail's response to learning of the great defeat?
(a) Now it's every man for himself.
(b) Now we are heroes.
(c) Now we are doomed.
(d) Now we are martyrs.
2. What does Camila tell Demetrio Macias about Margarito?
(a) He is trying to take over.
(b) He is disloyal.
(c) He is dishonest.
(d) He is a bad man.
3. How does Margarito express his suicidal wish?
(a) He pretends to drink poison.
(b) He plays Russian roulette with his pistol.
(c) He begs others to kill him.
(d) He shoots his image in the mirror.
4. Where does Demetrio Macias receive orders to go from Tepatitlan?
(a) The Sierra.
(c) The capital.
5. What does Demetrio Macias offer to do if Margarito will join him?
(a) Put him in the guardhouse.
(b) Make him a major.
(c) Make him a colonel.
(d) Make him a captain.
6. What does Luis Cervantes propose they do with what they have plundered?
(a) Stash it for the future.
(b) Help the poor.
(c) Leave the country with it.
(d) Go home with it.
7. What do the rebels take from Don Monico's house?
(b) Food and supplies.
(c) Paper money.
(d) Gold and jewelry.
8. What does Demetrio Macias promise Camila?
(a) He will keep her with him always.
(b) He will send War Paint away.
(c) He will let her carry a gun.
(d) He will let her go home.
9. What does War Paint do when no one defends her?
(a) She kills Luis Cervantes.
(b) She kills Margarito.
(c) She kills Camila.
(d) She kills Demetrio Macias.
10. Where is Luis Cervantes after the war?
(c) The Sierra.
(d) El Paso, Texas.
11. What does Margarito think could kill him?
(a) His own pent-up rage.
(b) A government spy.
(c) A faithless woman.
(d) His own pent-up fear.
12. What does Demetrio Macias promise Luis Cervantes if he brings his love to him?
(a) The box of diamonds.
(b) The gold pocket watch.
(c) The money they have stolen.
(d) Any girl he wants.
13. Why do the townspeople gather when Demetrio Macias enters Don Monico's house?
(a) They want to offer support to the rebels.
(b) They want to help Don Monico.
(c) They want a share of the loot.
(d) They want to watch the plundering.
14. Why does Valderrama not hear the news about the great defeat?
(a) Valderrama was on patrol when the captives were questioned.
(b) Valderrama stays away when people might be killed.
(c) Valderrama hides when bad news is being delivered.
(d) Valderrama was asleep when the captives were questioned.
15. Why does War Paint leave the celebratory banquet?
(a) She is sleepy.
(b) She is bored by speeches.
(c) She is sick and tired.
(d) She is insulted by speeches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does War Paint promise the kidnapped girl?
2. What does Luis Cervantes steal from a desk the rebels break into?
3. What does Demetrio Macias ask Luis Cervantes about the trip to Aguascalientes?
4. What does Anastasio wonder about now that the Federal soldiers have been defeated?
5. What does Camila ask Demetrio Macias for permission to do when the rebels leave?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)