|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Quail decide to do with the plush curtains they are looting?
(a) Use them as saddle blankets.
(b) Use them to put out the barbecue fire.
(c) Use them for capes.
(d) Use them to kidnap the girl in the family.
2. Who does War Paint say is the only person who can kill her?
(b) Demetrio Macias.
(c) Luis Cervantes.
3. What do the rebels take from Don Monico's house?
(b) Paper money.
(c) Gold and jewelry.
(d) Food and supplies.
4. Where had the two old friends originally become acquainted?
(a) The tavern in Zacatecas.
(b) Demetrio Macias' farm.
(c) The Federal army.
(d) The Escobedo Penitentiary.
5. How do the rebels entertain themselves in the afternoon?
(b) Shooting contests.
(d) Telling war stories.
6. What does War Paint claim as her advance on salary?
(a) A black mare.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A turquoise jewel box.
(d) A gold necklace.
7. What does Margarito order that the bar is unable to provide?
8. What does Demetrio Macias promise Camila?
(a) He will let her carry a gun.
(b) He will send War Paint away.
(c) He will keep her with him always.
(d) He will let her go home.
9. What does Demetrio Macias ask Luis Cervantes about the trip to Aguascalientes?
(a) He asks whether they are going there.
(b) He asks when they are going there.
(c) He asks how they are going there.
(d) He asks why they are going there.
10. What saddens Demetrio Macias when they stop at a farmhouse for the night?
(a) The cruel treatment of the farm animals.
(b) The poverty of the Mexican landowners.
(c) The hard conditions of a crippled laborer.
(d) His longing for his own home.
11. What old friend does Anastasio suddenly recognize?
(a) Demetrio Macias.
(d) Luis Cervantes.
12. Who takes Luis Cervantes' girlfriend for the night?
(b) Luis Cervantes.
(d) Demetrio Macias.
13. How does Margarito express his suicidal wish?
(a) He shoots his image in the mirror.
(b) He begs others to kill him.
(c) He pretends to drink poison.
(d) He plays Russian roulette with his pistol.
14. With what does War Paint threaten Camila?
(a) She will take Demetrio Macias from Camila.
(b) She will gossip about Camila.
(c) She will be her enemy if Camila gossips about Margarito.
(d) She will give Camila to Margarito.
15. Why do the townspeople gather when Demetrio Macias enters Don Monico's house?
(a) They want to help Don Monico.
(b) They want a share of the loot.
(c) They want to watch the plundering.
(d) They want to offer support to the rebels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Quail's response to learning of the great defeat?
2. Why does Luis Cervantes object to the looting?
3. Why is Demetrio Macias in a bad mood after their skirmish in Jalisco?
4. Why is Luis Cervantes negotiating with Quail?
5. What does Margarito call himself when he realizes he has accidentally killed his prisoner?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)