|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pancracio shoot the sacristan of the church in the village?
(a) He was well dressed.
(b) He was silent.
(c) He was secretive.
(d) He was rude.
2. Why is Demetrio Macias in a bad mood after their skirmish in Jalisco?
(a) There had been too many Orozquistas.
(b) Some of his men had joined the Orozquistas.
(c) There had been no Orozquistas.
(d) They had been ambushed by Orozquistas.
3. What does Margarito call himself when he realizes he has accidentally killed his prisoner?
(a) A softie.
(b) A villain.
(c) A hero.
(d) An animal.
4. What does Luis Cervantes offer to Demetrio Macias?
(a) An accounting of the goods they have plundered.
(b) A larger share of the loot.
(c) An explanation for the other generals.
(d) A plan for the upcoming pillaging.
5. What do the rebels take from Don Monico's house?
(a) Paper money.
(b) Food and supplies.
(c) Gold and jewelry.
6. How does Margarito terrorize the waiter in the cantina in Aguascalientes?
(a) He throws knives over his head.
(b) He throws darts around his head.
(c) He shoots at his feet to make him dance.
(d) He shoots a bottle of tequila from his head.
7. What does War Paint do when no one defends her?
(a) She kills Camila.
(b) She kills Demetrio Macias.
(c) She kills Luis Cervantes.
(d) She kills Margarito.
8. Why does Margarito mistreat the Federal soldier he has taken prisoner?
(a) He is outraged at the Federal treatment.
(b) He has gone mad.
(c) He enjoys watching suffering.
(d) He has a personal vendetta against the man.
9. What does Demetrio Macias do to the young recruit who tries to enter Don Monico's house?
(a) He warns him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He admonishes him.
10. Who is Demetrio Macias ordered to fight in Jalisco?
11. What does Demetrio Macias ask Luis Cervantes about the trip to Aguascalientes?
(a) He asks how they are going there.
(b) He asks why they are going there.
(c) He asks whether they are going there.
(d) He asks when they are going there.
12. How do the rebels entertain themselves in the afternoon?
(a) Shooting contests.
(b) Telling war stories.
13. Why do the captive Sierra men refuse to answer Demetrio Macias' questions about where they are coming from?
(a) They are Federal supporters.
(b) They don't understand his question.
(c) They don't speak the same dialect.
(d) They can't tell which side Demetrio Macias is on.
14. What surprising news do the captured men give Demetrio Macias?
(a) Zapata has been defeated in Celaya.
(b) Villa has been defeated in Celaya.
(c) Narete has been defeated in Celaya.
(d) Huerta has been defeated in Celaya.
15. What does Quail decide to do with the plush curtains they are looting?
(a) Use them for capes.
(b) Use them to put out the barbecue fire.
(c) Use them to kidnap the girl in the family.
(d) Use them as saddle blankets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Luis Cervantes recommend stopping in Aguascalientes?
2. What does Luis Cervantes propose they do with what they have plundered?
3. Who takes Luis Cervantes' girlfriend for the night?
4. Where does Demetrio Macias receive orders to go from Tepatitlan?
5. What does the poor villager complain that Demetrio Macias' men have done to him?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)