|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saddens Demetrio Macias when they stop at a farmhouse for the night?
(a) His longing for his own home.
(b) The hard conditions of a crippled laborer.
(c) The cruel treatment of the farm animals.
(d) The poverty of the Mexican landowners.
2. What does War Paint do when no one defends her?
(a) She kills Margarito.
(b) She kills Camila.
(c) She kills Demetrio Macias.
(d) She kills Luis Cervantes.
3. What surprising news do the captured men give Demetrio Macias?
(a) Zapata has been defeated in Celaya.
(b) Villa has been defeated in Celaya.
(c) Narete has been defeated in Celaya.
(d) Huerta has been defeated in Celaya.
4. What does Demetrio Macias offer to do if Margarito will join him?
(a) Put him in the guardhouse.
(b) Make him a colonel.
(c) Make him a captain.
(d) Make him a major.
5. What does Demetrio Macias promise Camila?
(a) He will keep her with him always.
(b) He will send War Paint away.
(c) He will let her carry a gun.
(d) He will let her go home.
6. What does Margarito think could kill him?
(a) A government spy.
(b) A faithless woman.
(c) His own pent-up fear.
(d) His own pent-up rage.
7. What have they spent their money on?
(a) Weapons and ammunition.
(b) Whiskey and women.
(c) Advances and bonuses.
(d) Food and clothing.
8. What does Margarito do to the villager?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Repays him.
(c) Beats him.
(d) Stabs him.
9. Who fights over Margarito's treatment of the villager?
(a) Margarito and Luis Cervantes.
(b) War Paint and Margarito.
(c) Margarito and Camila.
(d) War Paint and Camila.
10. What does Luis Cervantes offer to Demetrio Macias?
(a) A larger share of the loot.
(b) An explanation for the other generals.
(c) A plan for the upcoming pillaging.
(d) An accounting of the goods they have plundered.
11. Which men have been made majors under General Demetrio Macias?
(a) Anastasio and Luis Cervantes.
(b) Pancracio and Anastasio.
(c) Anastasio and Lard.
(d) Margarito and Luis Cervantes.
12. Why does Luis Cervantes recommend stopping in Aguascalientes?
(a) They need to rest.
(b) They need to tend to their wounded.
(c) They are running out of money.
(d) They need to bathe and get haircuts.
13. Why does Pancracio shoot the sacristan of the church in the village?
(a) He was secretive.
(b) He was well dressed.
(c) He was silent.
(d) He was rude.
14. What do the rebels take from Don Monico's house?
(a) Gold and jewelry.
(b) Food and supplies.
(d) Paper money.
15. What does a village man try to do to save the books from being burned?
(a) Takes them back by force.
(b) Hides them.
(c) Buy them.
(d) Trades them for jewels.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does War Paint threaten Camila?
2. What does Demetrio Macias ask Luis Cervantes about the trip to Aguascalientes?
3. What does Demetrio Macias keep in his hands even as he dies?
4. Why do the townspeople gather when Demetrio Macias enters Don Monico's house?
5. What does Quail decide to do with the plush curtains they are looting?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)