|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luis Cervantes propose they do with what they have plundered?
(a) Go home with it.
(b) Help the poor.
(c) Stash it for the future.
(d) Leave the country with it.
2. What does Camila ask Demetrio Macias for permission to do when the rebels leave?
(a) Shoot War Paint.
(b) Carry a gun.
(c) Go home.
(d) Come with him.
3. Who takes Luis Cervantes' girlfriend for the night?
(b) Demetrio Macias.
(c) Luis Cervantes.
4. Who does War Paint say is the only person who can kill her?
(a) Luis Cervantes.
(d) Demetrio Macias.
5. What injury does the waiter get from Margarito?
(a) A damaged hand.
(b) A cut on the head.
(c) A lost ear.
(d) A wounded foot.
6. How do Pancracio and Lard die?
(a) They are ambushed by Federal soldiers.
(b) They are shot in battle.
(c) They stab each other in a fight.
(d) They die from alcohol toxicity.
7. What organization does Luis Cervantes advise Venancio to join?
(a) The National Guard.
(b) The Mexican army.
(c) The American army.
(d) The Salvation Army.
8. What does Margarito do when the waiter can't fill his order?
(a) He goes to another cantina.
(b) He stabs the waiter.
(c) He shoots the waiter.
(d) He knocks the waiter down.
9. What does Margarito order that the bar is unable to provide?
10. Why does Margarito mistreat the Federal soldier he has taken prisoner?
(a) He enjoys watching suffering.
(b) He is outraged at the Federal treatment.
(c) He has a personal vendetta against the man.
(d) He has gone mad.
11. Why are Quail and Lard pleased after their skirmish in Jalisco?
(a) They have a lot of loot.
(b) They have been treated like heroes.
(c) They did a lot of fighting.
(d) They were given a parade.
12. Why do the townspeople gather when Demetrio Macias enters Don Monico's house?
(a) They want to help Don Monico.
(b) They want a share of the loot.
(c) They want to watch the plundering.
(d) They want to offer support to the rebels.
13. Why is Demetrio Macias in a bad mood after their skirmish in Jalisco?
(a) There had been no Orozquistas.
(b) Some of his men had joined the Orozquistas.
(c) There had been too many Orozquistas.
(d) They had been ambushed by Orozquistas.
14. Why does War Paint become angry with Camila?
(a) Camila is a better markswoman than War Paint.
(b) Camila decides to ride with Demetrio Macias
(c) Camila is a better horsewoman than War Paint.
(d) Camila is more beautiful than War Paint.
15. What does Demetrio Macias promise Camila?
(a) He will keep her with him always.
(b) He will let her carry a gun.
(c) He will send War Paint away.
(d) He will let her go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margarito claim he has trained his prisoner to do?
2. What does Demetrio Macias do to the young recruit who tries to enter Don Monico's house?
3. Who refuses Luis Cervantes' offer of help?
4. Why have Demetrio Macias' friends prepared a banquet in his honor?
5. Why does Valderrama protest Demetrio Macias' order?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)