|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Crispin Robles recruit men to fight with him?
(a) He ambushes them from the Federal army lines.
(b) He frees them from jail.
(c) He takes them at gunpoint.
(d) He promises them bonuses.
2. Demetrio Macias says that you find out who your true friends are in __________________.
(a) Hospital and school.
(b) Hospital and prison.
(c) Church and school.
(d) Bed and prison.
3. What advantage do Anastasio and Demetrio Macias believe Luis Cervantes possesses?
(a) He can attract women.
(b) He can read and write.
(c) He can grasp complicated concepts.
(d) He can make stirring speeches.
4. What is the first cure the neighborhood women use for Demetrio Macias' fever?
(a) Pulque to drink.
(b) Alcohol-soaked bread on his abdomen.
(c) Pigeon blood on his abdomen.
(d) Corn liquor to drink.
5. What does Camila do that wins the affection of Demetrio Macias?
(a) She bathes him.
(b) She reminds him of his wife.
(c) She gives him a drink of water.
(d) She dresses his wound.
6. What does Luis Cervantes say Natera and Demetrio Macias will bring to their country?
(a) Nothing but freedom.
(b) Nothing but optimism.
(c) Nothing but glory.
(d) Nothing but shame.
7. How does Luis Cervantes believe Madero rewarded the peasants who helped him gain power?
(a) He sent them home.
(b) He gave them posts in the army.
(c) He gave them worthless bonuses.
(d) He paid them pensions.
8. What does the federal colonel do to punish Luis Cervantes when he finds him asleep?
(a) Sends him to the firing squad.
(b) Sends him to the brig.
(c) Sends him to the general.
(d) Sends him to work in the kitchen.
9. What does the leader of the Federal soldiers intend to do with the bandits of Demetrio Macias?
(a) Shoot them by firing squad.
(b) Keep them imprisoned in the village.
(c) Kill them all by himself.
(d) Take them back to the capital.
10. What honor does Natera give Demetrio Macias?
(a) He makes him a captain.
(b) He makes him a colonel.
(c) He makes him a general.
(d) He gives him a hero's award.
11. How many men are riding with Demetrio Macias?
12. What do the rebels take from the soldiers?
(a) Their clothes.
(b) Their uniforms.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their watches.
13. What does the leader of the Federal soldiers expect will be the result of the attack by Demetrio Macias?
(a) He will be sent to the capital.
(b) He will be given an award.
(c) He will be shot.
(d) He will be promoted to major.
14. What does Camila want Luis Cervantes to teach her?
(a) How to speak English.
(b) How to dance.
(c) The words to "La Adelita."
(d) How to treat a wound.
15. How does Luis Cervantes come to feel about the rebel cause after his experience with the federal army?
(a) The rebel cause is evil.
(b) The rebel cause is doomed.
(c) The rebel cause is pure justice.
(d) The rebel cause comes from misunderstanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Demetrio Macias sleep the night after he leaves home?
2. What effect does Camila's speech have on Luis Cervantes?
3. What does Luis Cervantes begin to suspect about the revolutionaries?
4. What profession gives Venancio his medical knowledge?
5. What is the name of Demetrio Macias' rancho?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)