|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Luis Cervantes riding with before Demetrio Macias?
(d) The federal army.
2. What does Natera say that he has heard abou Demetrio Macias?
(a) Demetrio Macias has met a succession of defeats.
(b) Demetrio Macias cannot be trusted to be loyal.
(c) Demetrio Macias has been thrashing Federal soldiers.
(d) Demetrio Macias will soon be a general himself.
3. What keeps Luis Cervantes from sleeping on his first night with Demetrio Macias' band?
(a) His battered body.
(b) His sense of failure.
(c) The smell of animals.
(d) His wounded foot.
4. Why had Don Monico come to arrest Demetrio Macias?
(a) Demetrio Macias was a witness to a murder.
(b) Demetrio Macias was a Maderista.
(c) Demetrio Macias killed a man in a bar fight.
(d) Demetrio Macias killed Felipe Diaz.
5. What treat does Demetrio Macias bring to his men in the hills?
(a) Dried beef.
6. What does Luis Cervantes advise Demetrio Macias to do?
(a) Join with Natera's forces.
(b) Ambush Natera's forces.
(c) Take over the command of Natera's forces.
(d) Split from Natera's forces.
7. How long has Luis Cervantes been fighting with the rebels?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
8. Who is Palomo the Dove?
(a) Demetrio Macias' wife.
(b) Demetrio Macias' dog.
(c) Demetrio Macias.
(d) Demetrio Macias' son.
9. How does Crispin Robles recruit men to fight with him?
(a) He takes them at gunpoint.
(b) He frees them from jail.
(c) He promises them bonuses.
(d) He ambushes them from the Federal army lines.
10. What effect does Senora Remigia's cure have on Demetrio Macias?
(a) It brings him much relief.
(b) It brings a little relief.
(c) It brings him no relief.
(d) It makes him worse.
11. What happens to two of Demetrio Macias' recruits during the celebration?
(a) They run away.
(b) They are sick from drinking too much.
(c) They land in jail.
(d) They are shot and killed.
12. What does the news from the capital say about Huerta?
(a) He has regained control of the capital.
(b) His family is fleeing the country.
(c) He has surrundered.
(d) He has vowed to fight to the death.
13. Who fights over their card game?
(a) Pancracio and Anastasio.
(b) Quail and Lard.
(c) Anastasio and Quail.
(d) Lard and Pancracio.
14. What does Luis Cervantes say Villa, Carranza, and Natera are all fighting against?
15. Demetrio Macias says that you find out who your true friends are in __________________.
(a) Bed and prison.
(b) Hospital and school.
(c) Hospital and prison.
(d) Church and school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the rebels sorry to leave the village?
2. Why is Anastasio Montanes unafraid of bullets?
3. How does Luis Cervantes believe Madero rewarded the peasants who helped him gain power?
4. What profession gives Venancio his medical knowledge?
5. What greets Demetrio Macias' men as they enter the plaza of the village?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)