|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Demetrio Macias sleep the night after he leaves home?
(a) Under a tree.
(b) In a deserted shack.
(c) On the ground between boulders.
(d) In a cave.
2. What does Luis Cervantes' old acquaintance think of the revolution now?
(a) He is disillusioned.
(b) He is dedicated.
(c) He is invigorated.
(d) He is exhausted.
3. What greets Demetrio Macias' men as they enter the plaza of the village?
(a) A group of peasants.
(b) A squadron of deserters.
(c) A priest and some beggars.
(d) A hail of rifle fire.
4. Who was Luis Cervantes riding with before Demetrio Macias?
(d) The federal army.
5. Why does Senora Remigia have little food for Demetrio Macias' men?
(a) Her husband took her supplies off to the war.
(b) Bandits raided her compound.
(c) The Federal soldiers took everything.
(d) The Federal soldiers burned her fields.
6. What does Quail have nightmares about?
(a) Men he shot.
(b) Men he stabbed.
(c) Men he saw shot.
(d) Men he saw hung.
7. What advantage do Anastasio and Demetrio Macias believe Luis Cervantes possesses?
(a) He can attract women.
(b) He can grasp complicated concepts.
(c) He can make stirring speeches.
(d) He can read and write.
8. What is the first cure the neighborhood women use for Demetrio Macias' fever?
(a) Alcohol-soaked bread on his abdomen.
(b) Pulque to drink.
(c) Corn liquor to drink.
(d) Pigeon blood on his abdomen.
9. Demetrio Macias says that you find out who your true friends are in __________________.
(a) Bed and prison.
(b) Hospital and prison.
(c) Hospital and school.
(d) Church and school.
10. What is the cure that Senora Remigia brings to Demetrio Macias?
(a) Pulque to drink.
(b) Alcohol-soaked bread on his abdomen.
(c) Pigeon blood on his abdomen.
(d) Corn liquor to drink.
11. Why is Anastasio Montanes unafraid of bullets?
(a) He wears a bulletproof vest.
(b) He is too fast to be shot.
(c) He is hoping to die.
(d) He's been shot many times.
12. What does the federal colonel do to punish Luis Cervantes when he finds him asleep?
(a) Sends him to work in the kitchen.
(b) Sends him to the firing squad.
(c) Sends him to the general.
(d) Sends him to the brig.
13. Who fights over their card game?
(a) Anastasio and Quail.
(b) Pancracio and Anastasio.
(c) Lard and Pancracio.
(d) Quail and Lard.
14. What treat does Demetrio Macias bring to his men in the hills?
(d) Dried beef.
15. Whom does Demetrio Macias miss at the dance?
(c) His wife.
(d) Luis Cervantes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luis Cervantes advise Demetrio Macias to do?
2. What does Demetrio Macias' wife want him to do to the marauders?
3. Why are the rebels sorry to leave the village?
4. To what does Luis Cervantes' old acquaintance compare the men in the revolution?
5. What is Luis Cervantes' profession?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)