|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Federal lieutenant meet Demetrio Macias?
(a) Hiding in the hills.
(b) In the penetentiary.
(c) In the battle of Zacatecas.
(d) In the canteen in town.
2. Who kills the leader of the Federal soldiers?
(a) Demetrio Macias.
(d) Luis Cervantes.
3. How does Demetrio Macias plan to learn Luis Cervantes' true intentions?
(a) By having Quail torture him until he confesses.
(b) By having Quail dress as a Federal soldier and offer to help.
(c) By having Quail dress as a priest and take his confession.
(d) By having Quail dress as a woman and trick him.
4. Who was Luis Cervantes riding with before Demetrio Macias?
(b) The federal army.
5. What does Luis Cervantes begin to suspect about the revolutionaries?
(a) They are nothing more than bandits.
(b) They cannot lose.
(c) They are examples of courage.
(d) They cannot win.
6. Who kills the brother of the guide from the village?
(b) Demetrio Macias.
(c) Luis Cervantes.
7. How many rifles do Demetrio Macias' men have?
(a) Two hundred.
8. Whom does Demetrio Macias miss at the dance?
(a) His wife.
(d) Luis Cervantes.
9. What does Luis Cervantes say Villa, Carranza, and Natera are all fighting against?
10. What does Luis Cervantes tell Camila her future would be like with Demetrio Macias?
(a) A life of constant fleeing.
(b) A life of deprivation.
(c) A life of plenty.
(d) A life of honor.
11. What does Anastasio give the villager?
(b) A secret signal.
(c) A rifle.
(d) Hand grenades.
12. What keeps Luis Cervantes from sleeping on his first night with Demetrio Macias' band?
(a) The smell of animals.
(b) His sense of failure.
(c) His battered body.
(d) His wounded foot.
13. What does the news from the capital say about Huerta?
(a) He has surrundered.
(b) He has regained control of the capital.
(c) His family is fleeing the country.
(d) He has vowed to fight to the death.
14. What do Demetrio Macias' men plan to do if they outnumber the Federal soldiers?
(a) Kill them all.
(b) Chase them out of town.
(c) Scare them.
(d) Die bravely.
15. What does the neighborhood say has happened to Marcelina?
(a) She's joined a convent.
(b) She's gone to help the monks.
(c) She's run away to the city.
(d) She's pregnant by a Federal soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cure that Senora Remigia brings to Demetrio Macias?
2. According to Demetrio Macias, who defeated all the federal soldiers in town with just a half dozen men?
3. How does Crispin Robles recruit men to fight with him?
4. What happens to two of Demetrio Macias' recruits during the celebration?
5. Why does Demetrio Macias send his wife away?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)