|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Demetrio Macias hope to do when the war is over?
(a) Join the newly-formed government.
(b) Return to his land.
(c) Divide the spoils with the victors.
(d) Continue to fight for justice.
2. How many rifles do Demetrio Macias' men have?
(d) Two hundred.
3. What profession gives Venancio his medical knowledge?
(a) He is a barber.
(b) He is a dentist.
(c) He is a law student.
(d) He is a doctor.
4. What keeps Luis Cervantes from sleeping on his first night with Demetrio Macias' band?
(a) His wounded foot.
(b) His battered body.
(c) His sense of failure.
(d) The smell of animals.
5. How does Luis Cervantes refer to the rebels?
(a) Comrades in arms.
6. What do Demetrio Macias' men do when they find Serapio and Antonio, who were thought to be lost, hanged?
(a) Beat the two men for deserting.
(b) Break out a jug of pulque.
(c) Thank the Virgin of Guadalupe.
(d) Recite the Lord's prayer.
7. What news do the muleteers bring to the revolutionaries?
(a) Huerta has been killed.
(b) Huerta has been taken captive.
(c) Huerta is making a last stand in Zacatecas.
(d) Huerta is fleeing the country.
8. What does Venancio want to do when the war is over?
(a) Stay in the military.
(b) Get married.
(c) Grow his barber business.
(d) Become a doctor.
9. What does Demetrio Macias say he would be doing if Don Monico hadn't tried to arrest him?
(a) Sowing his land.
(b) Riding with Pancho Villa.
(c) Attacking Zacatecas.
(d) Leading the northern army.
10. What is Luis Cervantes' profession?
(a) Journalist and novelist.
(b) Poet and novelist.
(c) Medical student and novelist.
(d) Journalist and medical student.
11. What is the leader of the Federal soldiers doing during the attack by Demetrio Macias?
(a) Composing a letter describing his victory.
(b) Running away.
(d) Leading the assault.
12. What does Luis Cervantes say Villa, Carranza, and Natera are all fighting against?
13. What do the marauders do to Demetrio Macias?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Steal his money.
(c) Rape his wife.
(d) Burn down his house.
14. Why does Senora Remigia have little food for Demetrio Macias' men?
(a) The Federal soldiers took everything.
(b) Bandits raided her compound.
(c) Her husband took her supplies off to the war.
(d) The Federal soldiers burned her fields.
15. What do the rebels take from the soldiers?
(a) Their uniforms.
(b) Their money.
(c) Their watches.
(d) Their clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the villager assure Demetrio Macias that the Federal soldiers are not dangerous?
2. Why does Demetrio Macias decide not to take a village girl with him?
3. What does the leader of the Federal soldiers intend to do with the bandits of Demetrio Macias?
4. What does Luis Cervantes hear on his first fighting encounter with the rebels?
5. What does Luis Cervantes say are the most sacred things any man has?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)