|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Senora Remigia have little food for Demetrio Macias' men?
(a) Her husband took her supplies off to the war.
(b) The Federal soldiers burned her fields.
(c) Bandits raided her compound.
(d) The Federal soldiers took everything.
2. What do the rebels take from the soldiers?
(a) Their uniforms.
(b) Their watches.
(c) Their clothes.
(d) Their money.
3. Where did the Federal lieutenant meet Demetrio Macias?
(a) In the battle of Zacatecas.
(b) In the penetentiary.
(c) Hiding in the hills.
(d) In the canteen in town.
4. How did his men make a stretcher for the wounded Demetrio Macias?
(a) Out of branches and bundles of grass.
(b) Out of leather thongs and moss.
(c) Out of ropes and leaves.
(d) Out of rope and saddle blankets.
5. What is the first cure the neighborhood women use for Demetrio Macias' fever?
(a) Pigeon blood on his abdomen.
(b) Corn liquor to drink.
(c) Pulque to drink.
(d) Alcohol-soaked bread on his abdomen.
6. What does Camila do that wins the affection of Demetrio Macias?
(a) She bathes him.
(b) She reminds him of his wife.
(c) She gives him a drink of water.
(d) She dresses his wound.
7. What profession gives Venancio his medical knowledge?
(a) He is a dentist.
(b) He is a law student.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a barber.
8. How many rifles do Demetrio Macias' men have?
(a) Two hundred.
9. What news do the muleteers bring to the revolutionaries?
(a) Huerta is making a last stand in Zacatecas.
(b) Huerta is fleeing the country.
(c) Huerta has been taken captive.
(d) Huerta has been killed.
10. How does Luis Cervantes believe Madero rewarded the peasants who helped him gain power?
(a) He sent them home.
(b) He gave them worthless bonuses.
(c) He gave them posts in the army.
(d) He paid them pensions.
11. How does Demetrio Macias plan to learn Luis Cervantes' true intentions?
(a) By having Quail dress as a priest and take his confession.
(b) By having Quail dress as a Federal soldier and offer to help.
(c) By having Quail torture him until he confesses.
(d) By having Quail dress as a woman and trick him.
12. How does Luis Cervantes come to feel about the rebel cause after his experience with the federal army?
(a) The rebel cause comes from misunderstanding.
(b) The rebel cause is doomed.
(c) The rebel cause is evil.
(d) The rebel cause is pure justice.
13. Where does Demetrio Macias instruct his wife to go?
(a) To his father's house.
(b) To her uncle's house.
(c) To her father's house.
(d) To the neighbor's house.
14. What does Camila call Demetrio Macias?
(a) A fearless leader.
(b) A father figure to her.
(c) A hero of the republic.
(d) A shameless old man.
15. What happens to two of Demetrio Macias' recruits during the celebration?
(a) They land in jail.
(b) They are shot and killed.
(c) They are sick from drinking too much.
(d) They run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many battles has the leader of the Federal soldiers fought?
2. What does Anastasio give the villager?
3. Why doesn't Camila want to go with Demetrio Macias?
4. What does Demetrio Macias say he would be doing if Don Monico hadn't tried to arrest him?
5. How does Luis Cervantes refer to the rebels?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)