|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venancio want to do when the war is over?
(a) Stay in the military.
(b) Become a doctor.
(c) Grow his barber business.
(d) Get married.
2. What does the neighborhood say has happened to Marcelina?
(a) She's pregnant by a Federal soldier.
(b) She's run away to the city.
(c) She's gone to help the monks.
(d) She's joined a convent.
3. Who kills the leader of the Federal soldiers?
(b) Luis Cervantes.
(d) Demetrio Macias.
4. According to Demetrio Macias, who defeated all the federal soldiers in town with just a half dozen men?
(a) Demetrio Macias.
(b) Pancho Villa.
(c) Julian Medina.
(d) Emiliano Zapata.
5. What effect does Camila's speech have on Luis Cervantes?
(a) Like steel scratching glass.
(b) Like a river over rocks.
(c) Like a guitar at night.
(d) Like birds singing.
6. Whom does Demetrio Macias miss at the dance?
(a) Luis Cervantes.
(d) His wife.
7. What do Demetrio Macias' men plan to do if the Federal soldiers outnumber them?
(a) Kill them all.
(b) Die bravely.
(c) Chase them out of town.
(d) Scare them.
8. What do the rebels take from the soldiers?
(a) Their uniforms.
(b) Their watches.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their clothes.
9. What moves Luis Cervantes to change sides in the conflict?
(a) The chance to get loot.
(b) The chance for the respect of the people.
(c) The suffering of the dispossessed.
(d) The hope of fighting on the winning side.
10. How does Demetrio Macias plan to learn Luis Cervantes' true intentions?
(a) By having Quail dress as a Federal soldier and offer to help.
(b) By having Quail torture him until he confesses.
(c) By having Quail dress as a woman and trick him.
(d) By having Quail dress as a priest and take his confession.
11. What do Demetrio Macias' men plan to do if they outnumber the Federal soldiers?
(a) Scare them.
(b) Kill them all.
(c) Die bravely.
(d) Chase them out of town.
12. How long has Luis Cervantes been fighting with the rebels?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two years.
13. What does Luis Cervantes tell Demetrio Macias that Macias does not yet understand?
(a) Macias does not understand the thrill of battle.
(b) Macias does not understand his own noble mission.
(c) Macias does not understand the villainy of politicians.
(d) Macias does not understand the cacique system.
14. How many rifles do Demetrio Macias' men have?
(b) Two hundred.
15. Who fights over their card game?
(a) Lard and Pancracio.
(b) Quail and Lard.
(c) Pancracio and Anastasio.
(d) Anastasio and Quail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cure that Senora Remigia brings to Demetrio Macias?
2. Who is Palomo the Dove?
3. What honor does Natera give Demetrio Macias?
4. What does the news from the capital say about Huerta?
5. How many battles has the leader of the Federal soldiers fought?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)