|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venancio want to do when the war is over?
(a) Get married.
(b) Stay in the military.
(c) Grow his barber business.
(d) Become a doctor.
2. Why do the neighbor women come to borrow from Senora Remigia?
(a) They enjoy her company.
(b) To gossip about Demetrio Macias.
(c) She is a spy.
(d) They are without food.
3. What do the marauders do to Demetrio Macias?
(a) Burn down his house.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Rape his wife.
(d) Steal his money.
4. How many men are riding with Demetrio Macias?
5. How does Demetrio Macias plan to learn Luis Cervantes' true intentions?
(a) By having Quail dress as a Federal soldier and offer to help.
(b) By having Quail torture him until he confesses.
(c) By having Quail dress as a priest and take his confession.
(d) By having Quail dress as a woman and trick him.
6. What is the first cure the neighborhood women use for Demetrio Macias' fever?
(a) Pulque to drink.
(b) Alcohol-soaked bread on his abdomen.
(c) Corn liquor to drink.
(d) Pigeon blood on his abdomen.
7. What advantage do Anastasio and Demetrio Macias believe Luis Cervantes possesses?
(a) He can grasp complicated concepts.
(b) He can read and write.
(c) He can attract women.
(d) He can make stirring speeches.
8. What effect does Camila's speech have on Luis Cervantes?
(a) Like a river over rocks.
(b) Like birds singing.
(c) Like steel scratching glass.
(d) Like a guitar at night.
9. Who is Palomo the Dove?
(a) Demetrio Macias' dog.
(b) Demetrio Macias' son.
(c) Demetrio Macias' wife.
(d) Demetrio Macias.
10. What does Luis Cervantes' old acquaintance think of the revolution now?
(a) He is dedicated.
(b) He is disillusioned.
(c) He is invigorated.
(d) He is exhausted.
11. To whom does the young carpenter who has been conscripted into the army pray?
(a) The Virgin of Guadalupe.
(b) His sainted mother.
(c) Jesus Christ.
12. What does the leader of the Federal soldiers intend to do with the bandits of Demetrio Macias?
(a) Shoot them by firing squad.
(b) Kill them all by himself.
(c) Take them back to the capital.
(d) Keep them imprisoned in the village.
13. Where does Demetrio Macias sleep the night after he leaves home?
(a) Under a tree.
(b) In a cave.
(c) On the ground between boulders.
(d) In a deserted shack.
14. What does Camila want Luis Cervantes to teach her?
(a) How to dance.
(b) The words to "La Adelita."
(c) How to speak English.
(d) How to treat a wound.
15. What does Luis Cervantes begin to suspect about the revolutionaries?
(a) They are nothing more than bandits.
(b) They cannot lose.
(c) They cannot win.
(d) They are examples of courage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Demetrio Macias send his wife away?
2. What moves Luis Cervantes to change sides in the conflict?
3. Who helps Luis Cervantes to eat and cleans his wounded leg?
4. What does Luis Cervantes say are the most sacred things any man has?
5. What does Luis Cervantes say Villa, Carranza, and Natera are all fighting against?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)