|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camila want Luis Cervantes to teach her?
(a) The words to "La Adelita."
(b) How to treat a wound.
(c) How to speak English.
(d) How to dance.
2. What does the federal colonel do to punish Luis Cervantes when he finds him asleep?
(a) Sends him to the brig.
(b) Sends him to work in the kitchen.
(c) Sends him to the firing squad.
(d) Sends him to the general.
3. What greets Demetrio Macias' men as they enter the plaza of the village?
(a) A squadron of deserters.
(b) A priest and some beggars.
(c) A hail of rifle fire.
(d) A group of peasants.
4. What does Camila call Demetrio Macias?
(a) A hero of the republic.
(b) A shameless old man.
(c) A father figure to her.
(d) A fearless leader.
5. What is Luis Cervantes' profession?
(a) Poet and novelist.
(b) Journalist and medical student.
(c) Medical student and novelist.
(d) Journalist and novelist.
6. Who helps Luis Cervantes to eat and cleans his wounded leg?
(d) Demetrio Macias.
7. Who kills the brother of the guide from the village?
(a) Luis Cervantes.
(b) Demetrio Macias.
8. What does Quail have nightmares about?
(a) Men he shot.
(b) Men he saw hung.
(c) Men he stabbed.
(d) Men he saw shot.
9. Why had Don Monico come to arrest Demetrio Macias?
(a) Demetrio Macias was a Maderista.
(b) Demetrio Macias was a witness to a murder.
(c) Demetrio Macias killed a man in a bar fight.
(d) Demetrio Macias killed Felipe Diaz.
10. What advantage do Anastasio and Demetrio Macias believe Luis Cervantes possesses?
(a) He can read and write.
(b) He can make stirring speeches.
(c) He can attract women.
(d) He can grasp complicated concepts.
11. What does Luis Cervantes hear on his first fighting encounter with the rebels?
(a) "One for all and all for one!"
(b) "For God and country!"
(c) "Every man for himself!"
(d) "Death to the infidels!"
12. How did Demetrio Macias get the drop on the Federal soldiers?
(a) He forced the villager to guide him to their hideout.
(b) He sneaked up behind them onto the church tower.
(c) He hid behind the horses in the corral.
(d) He broke a hole through the wall around them.
13. Where does Demetrio Macias instruct his wife to go?
(a) To his father's house.
(b) To her uncle's house.
(c) To her father's house.
(d) To the neighbor's house.
14. What does Luis Cervantes say will be the result of their uprising?
(a) The exaltation of their motherland.
(b) The unification of their motherland.
(c) The division of their motherland.
(d) The destruction of their motherland.
15. What does Luis Cervantes tell Camila her future would be like with Demetrio Macias?
(a) A life of plenty.
(b) A life of honor.
(c) A life of deprivation.
(d) A life of constant fleeing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say that alcohol was to the rebels in their celebration?
2. What keeps Luis Cervantes from sleeping on his first night with Demetrio Macias' band?
3. What does Venancio want to do when the war is over?
4. What moves Luis Cervantes to change sides in the conflict?
5. Why are there more Federal soldiers in town than Demetrio Macias had anticipated?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)