|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Demetrio Macias instruct his wife to go?
(a) To his father's house.
(b) To her father's house.
(c) To her uncle's house.
(d) To the neighbor's house.
2. What does Camila want Luis Cervantes to teach her?
(a) How to dance.
(b) How to speak English.
(c) How to treat a wound.
(d) The words to "La Adelita."
3. What does Luis Cervantes say Natera and Demetrio Macias will bring to their country?
(a) Nothing but optimism.
(b) Nothing but shame.
(c) Nothing but glory.
(d) Nothing but freedom.
4. How does Luis Cervantes refer to the rebels?
(c) Comrades in arms.
5. Why does Demetrio Macias send his wife away?
(a) He believes the Federal soldiers will be back.
(b) He doesn't want her to see him kill the soldiers.
(c) He doesn't want her to be lonely while he is away.
(d) He believes she doesn't love him any more.
6. What does Venancio want to do when the war is over?
(a) Get married.
(b) Stay in the military.
(c) Become a doctor.
(d) Grow his barber business.
7. How many rifles do Demetrio Macias' men have?
(c) Two hundred.
8. What does Luis Cervantes say Villa, Carranza, and Natera are all fighting against?
9. What does Pancracio do to Luis Cervantes when he approaches the camp?
(a) Stabs him in the back.
(b) Grabs him from behind.
(c) Ties his hands together.
(d) Shoots him in the foot.
10. What does Luis Cervantes say will be the result of their uprising?
(a) The unification of their motherland.
(b) The destruction of their motherland.
(c) The division of their motherland.
(d) The exaltation of their motherland.
11. What does Luis Cervantes tell Camila her future would be like with Demetrio Macias?
(a) A life of constant fleeing.
(b) A life of plenty.
(c) A life of honor.
(d) A life of deprivation.
12. What do Demetrio Macias' men plan to do if the Federal soldiers outnumber them?
(a) Scare them.
(b) Chase them out of town.
(c) Kill them all.
(d) Die bravely.
13. By what animal's name do Demetrio Macias' men most often call the Federal soldiers?
14. What is the first cure the neighborhood women use for Demetrio Macias' fever?
(a) Pulque to drink.
(b) Pigeon blood on his abdomen.
(c) Corn liquor to drink.
(d) Alcohol-soaked bread on his abdomen.
15. What does the leader of the Federal soldiers expect will be the result of the attack by Demetrio Macias?
(a) He will be sent to the capital.
(b) He will be promoted to major.
(c) He will be shot.
(d) He will be given an award.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Federal lieutenant meet Demetrio Macias?
2. Where does Demetrio Macias sleep the night after he leaves home?
3. Why doesn't Camila want to go with Demetrio Macias?
4. What does Demetrio Macias hope to do when the war is over?
5. What does Demetrio Macias say he would be doing if Don Monico hadn't tried to arrest him?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)