|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Natera say that he has heard abou Demetrio Macias?
(a) Demetrio Macias will soon be a general himself.
(b) Demetrio Macias cannot be trusted to be loyal.
(c) Demetrio Macias has met a succession of defeats.
(d) Demetrio Macias has been thrashing Federal soldiers.
2. What does Anastasio give the villager?
(a) A rifle.
(c) Hand grenades.
(d) A secret signal.
3. What does Luis Cervantes tell Camila her future would be like with Demetrio Macias?
(a) A life of constant fleeing.
(b) A life of honor.
(c) A life of plenty.
(d) A life of deprivation.
4. What do Demetrio Macias' men plan to do if they outnumber the Federal soldiers?
(a) Chase them out of town.
(b) Die bravely.
(c) Kill them all.
(d) Scare them.
5. Who recognizes Luis Cervantes from his days with the Federal army?
6. What does Luis Cervantes tell Demetrio Macias that Macias does not yet understand?
(a) Macias does not understand the cacique system.
(b) Macias does not understand his own noble mission.
(c) Macias does not understand the villainy of politicians.
(d) Macias does not understand the thrill of battle.
7. What does Camila do that wins the affection of Demetrio Macias?
(a) She bathes him.
(b) She gives him a drink of water.
(c) She reminds him of his wife.
(d) She dresses his wound.
8. What does Luis Cervantes begin to suspect about the revolutionaries?
(a) They cannot lose.
(b) They cannot win.
(c) They are nothing more than bandits.
(d) They are examples of courage.
9. Who kills the leader of the Federal soldiers?
(a) Luis Cervantes.
(b) Demetrio Macias.
10. How did Demetrio Macias get the drop on the Federal soldiers?
(a) He broke a hole through the wall around them.
(b) He forced the villager to guide him to their hideout.
(c) He hid behind the horses in the corral.
(d) He sneaked up behind them onto the church tower.
11. What honor does Natera give Demetrio Macias?
(a) He makes him a colonel.
(b) He makes him a general.
(c) He gives him a hero's award.
(d) He makes him a captain.
12. Who is Palomo the Dove?
(a) Demetrio Macias' son.
(b) Demetrio Macias' dog.
(c) Demetrio Macias.
(d) Demetrio Macias' wife.
13. What did the rebels make hand grenades with?
(a) Caps and rocks.
(b) Iron pipes and brass knobs.
(c) Gasoline and rags.
(d) Gunpowder and firecrackers.
14. To whom does the young carpenter who has been conscripted into the army pray?
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) The Virgin of Guadalupe.
(d) His sainted mother.
15. What is a curro?
(a) A city slicker.
(b) A country bumpkin.
(c) A hillbilly.
(d) A foreigner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luis Cervantes advise Demetrio Macias to do?
2. What does Luis Cervantes' old acquaintance think of the revolution now?
3. How many rifles do Demetrio Macias' men have?
4. What does Camila's mother do to drive out the evil spirits that are making the girl sad?
5. What does Camila call Demetrio Macias?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)