|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luis Cervantes say Villa, Carranza, and Natera are all fighting against?
2. Why does Demetrio Macias decide not to take a village girl with him?
(a) He doesn't want to have to bring her back.
(b) He wants to be true to his wife.
(c) He doesn't want to frighten Camila.
(d) He doesn't want to leave dark memories.
3. What is the leader of the Federal soldiers doing during the attack by Demetrio Macias?
(a) Leading the assault.
(b) Running away.
(d) Composing a letter describing his victory.
4. What does the leader of the Federal soldiers expect will be the result of the attack by Demetrio Macias?
(a) He will be sent to the capital.
(b) He will be promoted to major.
(c) He will be given an award.
(d) He will be shot.
5. Who kills the brother of the guide from the village?
(a) Demetrio Macias.
(c) Luis Cervantes.
6. What does Luis Cervantes say are the most sacred things any man has?
(a) Country and friends.
(b) Family and country.
(c) Church and country.
(d) Family and church.
7. How long has Luis Cervantes been fighting with the rebels?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two days.
8. According to Demetrio Macias, who defeated all the federal soldiers in town with just a half dozen men?
(a) Pancho Villa.
(b) Julian Medina.
(c) Emiliano Zapata.
(d) Demetrio Macias.
9. What is a curro?
(a) A foreigner.
(b) A hillbilly.
(c) A country bumpkin.
(d) A city slicker.
10. How did Demetrio Macias get the drop on the Federal soldiers?
(a) He sneaked up behind them onto the church tower.
(b) He hid behind the horses in the corral.
(c) He forced the villager to guide him to their hideout.
(d) He broke a hole through the wall around them.
11. What does Luis Cervantes say will be the result of their uprising?
(a) The exaltation of their motherland.
(b) The unification of their motherland.
(c) The destruction of their motherland.
(d) The division of their motherland.
12. What effect does Camila's speech have on Luis Cervantes?
(a) Like birds singing.
(b) Like a guitar at night.
(c) Like a river over rocks.
(d) Like steel scratching glass.
13. Why are the rebels sorry to leave the village?
(a) They will miss the peace and quiet.
(b) They will miss the food.
(c) They will miss the girls.
(d) They will miss their friends.
14. Why does Senora Remigia have little food for Demetrio Macias' men?
(a) Bandits raided her compound.
(b) The Federal soldiers burned her fields.
(c) The Federal soldiers took everything.
(d) Her husband took her supplies off to the war.
15. By what animal's name do Demetrio Macias' men most often call the Federal soldiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Demetrio Macias plan to learn Luis Cervantes' true intentions?
2. What does Camila call Demetrio Macias?
3. What advantage do Anastasio and Demetrio Macias believe Luis Cervantes possesses?
4. What profession gives Venancio his medical knowledge?
5. What does Quail have nightmares about?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)