|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the neighborhood say has happened to Marcelina?
(a) She's pregnant by a Federal soldier.
(b) She's run away to the city.
(c) She's gone to help the monks.
(d) She's joined a convent.
2. What does Camila do that wins the affection of Demetrio Macias?
(a) She bathes him.
(b) She reminds him of his wife.
(c) She dresses his wound.
(d) She gives him a drink of water.
3. Who was Luis Cervantes riding with before Demetrio Macias?
(b) The federal army.
4. How did his men make a stretcher for the wounded Demetrio Macias?
(a) Out of leather thongs and moss.
(b) Out of branches and bundles of grass.
(c) Out of rope and saddle blankets.
(d) Out of ropes and leaves.
5. What does Luis Cervantes say Villa, Carranza, and Natera are all fighting against?
6. What does Luis Cervantes tell Demetrio Macias that Macias does not yet understand?
(a) Macias does not understand the villainy of politicians.
(b) Macias does not understand the cacique system.
(c) Macias does not understand the thrill of battle.
(d) Macias does not understand his own noble mission.
7. What does the author say that alcohol was to the rebels in their celebration?
(a) A warmth in the belly.
(b) A warmth in the heart.
(c) A giver of courage.
(d) A bad advisor.
8. What does Demetrio Macias hope to do when the war is over?
(a) Continue to fight for justice.
(b) Return to his land.
(c) Divide the spoils with the victors.
(d) Join the newly-formed government.
9. How does Luis Cervantes believe Madero rewarded the peasants who helped him gain power?
(a) He sent them home.
(b) He gave them posts in the army.
(c) He gave them worthless bonuses.
(d) He paid them pensions.
10. What does the leader of the Federal soldiers expect will be the result of the attack by Demetrio Macias?
(a) He will be sent to the capital.
(b) He will be promoted to major.
(c) He will be shot.
(d) He will be given an award.
11. What advantage do Anastasio and Demetrio Macias believe Luis Cervantes possesses?
(a) He can read and write.
(b) He can grasp complicated concepts.
(c) He can attract women.
(d) He can make stirring speeches.
12. What does Luis Cervantes say are the most sacred things any man has?
(a) Family and country.
(b) Church and country.
(c) Family and church.
(d) Country and friends.
13. How does Luis Cervantes refer to the rebels?
(b) Comrades in arms.
14. What news do the muleteers bring to the revolutionaries?
(a) Huerta is making a last stand in Zacatecas.
(b) Huerta has been killed.
(c) Huerta is fleeing the country.
(d) Huerta has been taken captive.
15. How does Luis Cervantes come to feel about the rebel cause after his experience with the federal army?
(a) The rebel cause is doomed.
(b) The rebel cause is pure justice.
(c) The rebel cause is evil.
(d) The rebel cause comes from misunderstanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the villager who helped Demetrio Macias want the rebels to do in return?
2. What does Luis Cervantes try to persuade Demetrio Macias to do before attacking a village?
3. What does Anastasio give the villager?
4. Why doesn't Camila want to go with Demetrio Macias?
5. What does Luis Cervantes tell Camila her future would be like with Demetrio Macias?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)