|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camila want Luis Cervantes to teach her?
(a) How to treat a wound.
(b) The words to "La Adelita."
(c) How to speak English.
(d) How to dance.
2. What happens to two of Demetrio Macias' recruits during the celebration?
(a) They are shot and killed.
(b) They land in jail.
(c) They are sick from drinking too much.
(d) They run away.
3. What is the cure that Senora Remigia brings to Demetrio Macias?
(a) Corn liquor to drink.
(b) Pigeon blood on his abdomen.
(c) Alcohol-soaked bread on his abdomen.
(d) Pulque to drink.
4. Whom does Demetrio Macias miss at the dance?
(a) Luis Cervantes.
(b) His wife.
5. How did Demetrio Macias get the drop on the Federal soldiers?
(a) He broke a hole through the wall around them.
(b) He forced the villager to guide him to their hideout.
(c) He sneaked up behind them onto the church tower.
(d) He hid behind the horses in the corral.
6. What does Demetrio Macias say he would be doing if Don Monico hadn't tried to arrest him?
(a) Riding with Pancho Villa.
(b) Leading the northern army.
(c) Sowing his land.
(d) Attacking Zacatecas.
7. Where did the Federal lieutenant meet Demetrio Macias?
(a) In the canteen in town.
(b) Hiding in the hills.
(c) In the battle of Zacatecas.
(d) In the penetentiary.
8. What keeps Luis Cervantes from sleeping on his first night with Demetrio Macias' band?
(a) His wounded foot.
(b) His battered body.
(c) His sense of failure.
(d) The smell of animals.
9. Why does Demetrio Macias decide not to take a village girl with him?
(a) He wants to be true to his wife.
(b) He doesn't want to leave dark memories.
(c) He doesn't want to frighten Camila.
(d) He doesn't want to have to bring her back.
10. Why does Senora Remigia have little food for Demetrio Macias' men?
(a) The Federal soldiers burned her fields.
(b) The Federal soldiers took everything.
(c) Her husband took her supplies off to the war.
(d) Bandits raided her compound.
11. What advantage do Anastasio and Demetrio Macias believe Luis Cervantes possesses?
(a) He can make stirring speeches.
(b) He can grasp complicated concepts.
(c) He can read and write.
(d) He can attract women.
12. Why do the neighbor women come to borrow from Senora Remigia?
(a) They are without food.
(b) To gossip about Demetrio Macias.
(c) They enjoy her company.
(d) She is a spy.
13. Who fights over their card game?
(a) Lard and Pancracio.
(b) Anastasio and Quail.
(c) Pancracio and Anastasio.
(d) Quail and Lard.
14. What does the news from the capital say about Huerta?
(a) His family is fleeing the country.
(b) He has regained control of the capital.
(c) He has surrundered.
(d) He has vowed to fight to the death.
15. What does the leader of the Federal soldiers intend to do with the bandits of Demetrio Macias?
(a) Kill them all by himself.
(b) Shoot them by firing squad.
(c) Keep them imprisoned in the village.
(d) Take them back to the capital.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Luis Cervantes believe Madero rewarded the peasants who helped him gain power?
2. To whom does the young carpenter who has been conscripted into the army pray?
3. How many men are riding with Demetrio Macias?
4. How many rifles do Demetrio Macias' men have?
5. Who kills the brother of the guide from the village?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)