|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the leader of the Federal soldiers doing during the attack by Demetrio Macias?
(a) Composing a letter describing his victory.
(b) Running away.
(c) Leading the assault.
2. What did the villager who helped Demetrio Macias want the rebels to do in return?
(a) To spare his brother.
(b) To kill his brother.
(c) To release his brother from the guardhouse.
(d) To find his brother.
3. How do the rebels refer to their loot?
(a) A bonus.
(b) A down payment.
(c) A prize.
(d) An advance.
4. Why doesn't Camila want to go with Demetrio Macias?
(a) She knows Demetrio Macias is married.
(b) She doesn't want to leave her family.
(c) She loves Luis Cervantes.
(d) She is afraid of the fighting that will go on.
5. What profession gives Venancio his medical knowledge?
(a) He is a law student.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a barber.
(d) He is a dentist.
6. What is a curro?
(a) A hillbilly.
(b) A foreigner.
(c) A city slicker.
(d) A country bumpkin.
7. Why do the neighbor women come to borrow from Senora Remigia?
(a) They are without food.
(b) She is a spy.
(c) To gossip about Demetrio Macias.
(d) They enjoy her company.
8. Demetrio Macias says that you find out who your true friends are in __________________.
(a) Bed and prison.
(b) Church and school.
(c) Hospital and prison.
(d) Hospital and school.
9. How does Crispin Robles recruit men to fight with him?
(a) He promises them bonuses.
(b) He frees them from jail.
(c) He takes them at gunpoint.
(d) He ambushes them from the Federal army lines.
10. Whom does Demetrio Macias miss at the dance?
(b) His wife.
(c) Luis Cervantes.
11. What does Camila's mother do to drive out the evil spirits that are making the girl sad?
(a) She forces her to fast.
(b) She sends her with the rebels.
(c) She beats her.
(d) She locks her away.
12. What treat does Demetrio Macias bring to his men in the hills?
(b) Dried beef.
13. Where does Demetrio Macias sleep the night after he leaves home?
(a) In a deserted shack.
(b) On the ground between boulders.
(c) In a cave.
(d) Under a tree.
14. What do the marauders do to Demetrio Macias?
(a) Steal his money.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Rape his wife.
(d) Burn down his house.
15. What unanswerable question does Demetrio Macias ask Luis Cervantes?
(a) Exactly where did you come from?
(b) Exactly whose side are you on?
(c) Exactly what cause are we fighting for?
(d) Exactly why should we trust you?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luis Cervantes try to persuade Demetrio Macias to do before attacking a village?
2. What did the rebels make hand grenades with?
3. What is the name of Demetrio Macias' rancho?
4. What does Demetrio Macias' wife want him to do to the marauders?
5. Why is Anastasio Montanes unafraid of bullets?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)