|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Quail have nightmares about?
(a) Men he shot.
(b) Men he saw shot.
(c) Men he stabbed.
(d) Men he saw hung.
2. Who kills the brother of the guide from the village?
(c) Demetrio Macias.
(d) Luis Cervantes.
3. Who helps Luis Cervantes to eat and cleans his wounded leg?
(c) Demetrio Macias.
4. What advantage do Anastasio and Demetrio Macias believe Luis Cervantes possesses?
(a) He can make stirring speeches.
(b) He can read and write.
(c) He can attract women.
(d) He can grasp complicated concepts.
5. What does Camila do that wins the affection of Demetrio Macias?
(a) She reminds him of his wife.
(b) She gives him a drink of water.
(c) She dresses his wound.
(d) She bathes him.
6. What does Luis Cervantes say will be the result of their uprising?
(a) The division of their motherland.
(b) The exaltation of their motherland.
(c) The unification of their motherland.
(d) The destruction of their motherland.
7. What moves Luis Cervantes to change sides in the conflict?
(a) The hope of fighting on the winning side.
(b) The chance to get loot.
(c) The suffering of the dispossessed.
(d) The chance for the respect of the people.
8. What is the leader of the Federal soldiers doing during the attack by Demetrio Macias?
(a) Leading the assault.
(b) Running away.
(d) Composing a letter describing his victory.
9. What does Demetrio Macias hope to do when the war is over?
(a) Divide the spoils with the victors.
(b) Return to his land.
(c) Join the newly-formed government.
(d) Continue to fight for justice.
10. What does the leader of the Federal soldiers expect will be the result of the attack by Demetrio Macias?
(a) He will be shot.
(b) He will be promoted to major.
(c) He will be given an award.
(d) He will be sent to the capital.
11. What do Demetrio Macias' men do when they find Serapio and Antonio, who were thought to be lost, hanged?
(a) Break out a jug of pulque.
(b) Thank the Virgin of Guadalupe.
(c) Recite the Lord's prayer.
(d) Beat the two men for deserting.
12. What is the name of Demetrio Macias' rancho?
(a) Rancho Grande.
13. Why does Demetrio Macias send his wife away?
(a) He doesn't want her to see him kill the soldiers.
(b) He doesn't want her to be lonely while he is away.
(c) He believes she doesn't love him any more.
(d) He believes the Federal soldiers will be back.
14. What does Luis Cervantes say Natera and Demetrio Macias will bring to their country?
(a) Nothing but shame.
(b) Nothing but optimism.
(c) Nothing but freedom.
(d) Nothing but glory.
15. What is a curro?
(a) A city slicker.
(b) A country bumpkin.
(c) A foreigner.
(d) A hillbilly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What treat does Demetrio Macias bring to his men in the hills?
2. How many battles has the leader of the Federal soldiers fought?
3. Who fights over their card game?
4. What does the federal colonel do to punish Luis Cervantes when he finds him asleep?
5. How does Luis Cervantes address Demetrio Macias?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)