|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Demetrio Macias' men plan to do if the Federal soldiers outnumber them?
(a) Chase them out of town.
(b) Scare them.
(c) Die bravely.
(d) Kill them all.
2. What does Camila do that wins the affection of Demetrio Macias?
(a) She bathes him.
(b) She reminds him of his wife.
(c) She dresses his wound.
(d) She gives him a drink of water.
3. What honor does Natera give Demetrio Macias?
(a) He makes him a colonel.
(b) He makes him a general.
(c) He gives him a hero's award.
(d) He makes him a captain.
4. How do the rebels refer to their loot?
(a) A bonus.
(b) An advance.
(c) A prize.
(d) A down payment.
5. What keeps Luis Cervantes from sleeping on his first night with Demetrio Macias' band?
(a) His battered body.
(b) His sense of failure.
(c) The smell of animals.
(d) His wounded foot.
6. What does Luis Cervantes say will be the result of their uprising?
(a) The unification of their motherland.
(b) The destruction of their motherland.
(c) The division of their motherland.
(d) The exaltation of their motherland.
7. What does Luis Cervantes say Villa, Carranza, and Natera are all fighting against?
8. What is the leader of the Federal soldiers doing during the attack by Demetrio Macias?
(a) Composing a letter describing his victory.
(b) Leading the assault.
(d) Running away.
9. Why does Demetrio Macias decide not to take a village girl with him?
(a) He doesn't want to frighten Camila.
(b) He doesn't want to have to bring her back.
(c) He wants to be true to his wife.
(d) He doesn't want to leave dark memories.
10. What effect does Senora Remigia's cure have on Demetrio Macias?
(a) It brings a little relief.
(b) It brings him much relief.
(c) It makes him worse.
(d) It brings him no relief.
11. Where does Luis Cervantes sleep when he joins Demetrio Macias' band?
(a) In a stall.
(b) In a pig pen.
(c) in a tree.
(d) In a manger.
12. What does Demetrio Macias hope to do when the war is over?
(a) Divide the spoils with the victors.
(b) Continue to fight for justice.
(c) Return to his land.
(d) Join the newly-formed government.
13. What did the rebels make hand grenades with?
(a) Gunpowder and firecrackers.
(b) Iron pipes and brass knobs.
(c) Caps and rocks.
(d) Gasoline and rags.
14. What does Camila's mother do to drive out the evil spirits that are making the girl sad?
(a) She beats her.
(b) She sends her with the rebels.
(c) She locks her away.
(d) She forces her to fast.
15. How does Demetrio Macias plan to learn Luis Cervantes' true intentions?
(a) By having Quail dress as a woman and trick him.
(b) By having Quail dress as a Federal soldier and offer to help.
(c) By having Quail dress as a priest and take his confession.
(d) By having Quail torture him until he confesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the neighbor women come to borrow from Senora Remigia?
2. Why does Demetrio Macias think his hiding place is safe?
3. Why doesn't Camila want to go with Demetrio Macias?
4. What does the neighborhood say has happened to Marcelina?
5. What does Luis Cervantes hear on his first fighting encounter with the rebels?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)