|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Palomo the Dove?
(a) Demetrio Macias' wife.
(b) Demetrio Macias.
(c) Demetrio Macias' dog.
(d) Demetrio Macias' son.
2. What does the leader of the Federal soldiers expect will be the result of the attack by Demetrio Macias?
(a) He will be shot.
(b) He will be given an award.
(c) He will be promoted to major.
(d) He will be sent to the capital.
3. What is the cure that Senora Remigia brings to Demetrio Macias?
(a) Pigeon blood on his abdomen.
(b) Corn liquor to drink.
(c) Pulque to drink.
(d) Alcohol-soaked bread on his abdomen.
4. What does Luis Cervantes tell Demetrio Macias that Macias does not yet understand?
(a) Macias does not understand the villainy of politicians.
(b) Macias does not understand the cacique system.
(c) Macias does not understand the thrill of battle.
(d) Macias does not understand his own noble mission.
5. How does the villager assure Demetrio Macias that the Federal soldiers are not dangerous?
(a) They are poorly educated.
(b) They were drafted against their will.
(c) They have no weapons.
(d) They are untrained fighters.
6. Who helps Luis Cervantes to eat and cleans his wounded leg?
(d) Demetrio Macias.
7. What does Camila want Luis Cervantes to teach her?
(a) The words to "La Adelita."
(b) How to dance.
(c) How to treat a wound.
(d) How to speak English.
8. What does Venancio want to do when the war is over?
(a) Stay in the military.
(b) Grow his barber business.
(c) Get married.
(d) Become a doctor.
9. What does Luis Cervantes' old acquaintance think of the revolution now?
(a) He is disillusioned.
(b) He is invigorated.
(c) He is exhausted.
(d) He is dedicated.
10. What does Camila's mother do to drive out the evil spirits that are making the girl sad?
(a) She forces her to fast.
(b) She sends her with the rebels.
(c) She locks her away.
(d) She beats her.
11. What did the villager who helped Demetrio Macias want the rebels to do in return?
(a) To kill his brother.
(b) To release his brother from the guardhouse.
(c) To spare his brother.
(d) To find his brother.
12. What does Luis Cervantes tell Camila her future would be like with Demetrio Macias?
(a) A life of plenty.
(b) A life of deprivation.
(c) A life of honor.
(d) A life of constant fleeing.
13. Why doesn't Camila want to go with Demetrio Macias?
(a) She doesn't want to leave her family.
(b) She knows Demetrio Macias is married.
(c) She is afraid of the fighting that will go on.
(d) She loves Luis Cervantes.
14. What greets Demetrio Macias' men as they enter the plaza of the village?
(a) A squadron of deserters.
(b) A priest and some beggars.
(c) A hail of rifle fire.
(d) A group of peasants.
15. How did Demetrio Macias get the drop on the Federal soldiers?
(a) He sneaked up behind them onto the church tower.
(b) He broke a hole through the wall around them.
(c) He hid behind the horses in the corral.
(d) He forced the villager to guide him to their hideout.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Natera say that he has heard abou Demetrio Macias?
2. Who was Luis Cervantes riding with before Demetrio Macias?
3. Demetrio Macias says that you find out who your true friends are in __________________.
4. What does the leader of the Federal soldiers intend to do with the bandits of Demetrio Macias?
5. Why do the neighbor women come to borrow from Senora Remigia?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)