|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the marauders do to Demetrio Macias?
(a) Burn down his house.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Rape his wife.
(d) Steal his money.
2. How does Luis Cervantes come to feel about the rebel cause after his experience with the federal army?
(a) The rebel cause is pure justice.
(b) The rebel cause is evil.
(c) The rebel cause is doomed.
(d) The rebel cause comes from misunderstanding.
3. What is the leader of the Federal soldiers doing during the attack by Demetrio Macias?
(a) Running away.
(b) Leading the assault.
(d) Composing a letter describing his victory.
4. What does the federal colonel do to punish Luis Cervantes when he finds him asleep?
(a) Sends him to the brig.
(b) Sends him to the general.
(c) Sends him to the firing squad.
(d) Sends him to work in the kitchen.
5. How long has Luis Cervantes been fighting with the rebels?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two years.
6. How many battles has the leader of the Federal soldiers fought?
7. What does Camila do that wins the affection of Demetrio Macias?
(a) She reminds him of his wife.
(b) She bathes him.
(c) She dresses his wound.
(d) She gives him a drink of water.
8. What is Luis Cervantes' profession?
(a) Medical student and novelist.
(b) Journalist and novelist.
(c) Poet and novelist.
(d) Journalist and medical student.
9. What does Anastasio give the villager?
(a) A secret signal.
(c) A rifle.
(d) Hand grenades.
10. Who is Palomo the Dove?
(a) Demetrio Macias.
(b) Demetrio Macias' dog.
(c) Demetrio Macias' wife.
(d) Demetrio Macias' son.
11. Whom does Demetrio Macias miss at the dance?
(a) His wife.
(c) Luis Cervantes.
12. What did the rebels make hand grenades with?
(a) Gunpowder and firecrackers.
(b) Iron pipes and brass knobs.
(c) Gasoline and rags.
(d) Caps and rocks.
13. What greets Demetrio Macias' men as they enter the plaza of the village?
(a) A squadron of deserters.
(b) A priest and some beggars.
(c) A hail of rifle fire.
(d) A group of peasants.
14. What does Luis Cervantes tell Camila her future would be like with Demetrio Macias?
(a) A life of deprivation.
(b) A life of honor.
(c) A life of plenty.
(d) A life of constant fleeing.
15. How do the rebels refer to their loot?
(a) An advance.
(b) A bonus.
(c) A prize.
(d) A down payment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Luis Cervantes refer to the rebels?
2. What is a curro?
3. What skill has made Demetrio Macias' men famous?
4. What does Luis Cervantes say Villa, Carranza, and Natera are all fighting against?
5. What is the name of Demetrio Macias' rancho?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)