|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills the brother of the guide from the village?
(b) Demetrio Macias.
(d) Luis Cervantes.
2. What does Camila call Demetrio Macias?
(a) A shameless old man.
(b) A fearless leader.
(c) A hero of the republic.
(d) A father figure to her.
3. How does Demetrio Macias plan to learn Luis Cervantes' true intentions?
(a) By having Quail dress as a priest and take his confession.
(b) By having Quail torture him until he confesses.
(c) By having Quail dress as a woman and trick him.
(d) By having Quail dress as a Federal soldier and offer to help.
4. What does Luis Cervantes tell Camila her future would be like with Demetrio Macias?
(a) A life of deprivation.
(b) A life of honor.
(c) A life of constant fleeing.
(d) A life of plenty.
5. What happens to two of Demetrio Macias' recruits during the celebration?
(a) They land in jail.
(b) They run away.
(c) They are sick from drinking too much.
(d) They are shot and killed.
6. How many rifles do Demetrio Macias' men have?
(d) Two hundred.
7. Who fights over their card game?
(a) Pancracio and Anastasio.
(b) Quail and Lard.
(c) Anastasio and Quail.
(d) Lard and Pancracio.
8. What honor does Natera give Demetrio Macias?
(a) He makes him a general.
(b) He makes him a colonel.
(c) He makes him a captain.
(d) He gives him a hero's award.
9. To whom does the young carpenter who has been conscripted into the army pray?
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) His sainted mother.
(d) The Virgin of Guadalupe.
10. What does Luis Cervantes' old acquaintance think of the revolution now?
(a) He is dedicated.
(b) He is exhausted.
(c) He is disillusioned.
(d) He is invigorated.
11. What unanswerable question does Demetrio Macias ask Luis Cervantes?
(a) Exactly where did you come from?
(b) Exactly what cause are we fighting for?
(c) Exactly whose side are you on?
(d) Exactly why should we trust you?
12. What does Demetrio Macias say he would be doing if Don Monico hadn't tried to arrest him?
(a) Sowing his land.
(b) Leading the northern army.
(c) Riding with Pancho Villa.
(d) Attacking Zacatecas.
13. What did the villager who helped Demetrio Macias want the rebels to do in return?
(a) To find his brother.
(b) To kill his brother.
(c) To release his brother from the guardhouse.
(d) To spare his brother.
14. Demetrio Macias says that you find out who your true friends are in __________________.
(a) Bed and prison.
(b) Church and school.
(c) Hospital and prison.
(d) Hospital and school.
15. What profession gives Venancio his medical knowledge?
(a) He is a barber.
(b) He is a dentist.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a law student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camila's mother do to drive out the evil spirits that are making the girl sad?
2. What does Camila want Luis Cervantes to teach her?
3. How does Luis Cervantes believe Madero rewarded the peasants who helped him gain power?
4. What does the author say that alcohol was to the rebels in their celebration?
5. Why are the rebels sorry to leave the village?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)