|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luis Cervantes say Natera and Demetrio Macias will bring to their country?
(a) Nothing but shame.
(b) Nothing but freedom.
(c) Nothing but optimism.
(d) Nothing but glory.
2. What does Luis Cervantes try to persuade Demetrio Macias to do before attacking a village?
(a) Find a spy.
(b) Find a guide.
(c) Learn what side the people are on.
(d) Find out when the Federal soldiers were there last.
3. What does the federal colonel do to punish Luis Cervantes when he finds him asleep?
(a) Sends him to the firing squad.
(b) Sends him to the brig.
(c) Sends him to the general.
(d) Sends him to work in the kitchen.
4. Why does Demetrio Macias send his wife away?
(a) He doesn't want her to be lonely while he is away.
(b) He believes she doesn't love him any more.
(c) He doesn't want her to see him kill the soldiers.
(d) He believes the Federal soldiers will be back.
5. What do Demetrio Macias' men plan to do if they outnumber the Federal soldiers?
(a) Chase them out of town.
(b) Die bravely.
(c) Scare them.
(d) Kill them all.
6. What does Luis Cervantes' old acquaintance think of the revolution now?
(a) He is dedicated.
(b) He is invigorated.
(c) He is exhausted.
(d) He is disillusioned.
7. How does Luis Cervantes address Demetrio Macias?
(a) Dear Leader.
8. What did the rebels make hand grenades with?
(a) Gasoline and rags.
(b) Iron pipes and brass knobs.
(c) Caps and rocks.
(d) Gunpowder and firecrackers.
9. Who fights over their card game?
(a) Lard and Pancracio.
(b) Pancracio and Anastasio.
(c) Quail and Lard.
(d) Anastasio and Quail.
10. How many men are riding with Demetrio Macias?
11. What does Demetrio Macias say he would be doing if Don Monico hadn't tried to arrest him?
(a) Riding with Pancho Villa.
(b) Sowing his land.
(c) Leading the northern army.
(d) Attacking Zacatecas.
12. What does Luis Cervantes tell Demetrio Macias that Macias does not yet understand?
(a) Macias does not understand his own noble mission.
(b) Macias does not understand the cacique system.
(c) Macias does not understand the villainy of politicians.
(d) Macias does not understand the thrill of battle.
13. What happens to two of Demetrio Macias' recruits during the celebration?
(a) They land in jail.
(b) They are sick from drinking too much.
(c) They run away.
(d) They are shot and killed.
14. By what animal's name do Demetrio Macias' men most often call the Federal soldiers?
15. What does Venancio want to do when the war is over?
(a) Grow his barber business.
(b) Stay in the military.
(c) Get married.
(d) Become a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luis Cervantes say will be the result of their uprising?
2. Where does Luis Cervantes sleep when he joins Demetrio Macias' band?
3. What does the author say that alcohol was to the rebels in their celebration?
4. What does Luis Cervantes advise Demetrio Macias to do?
5. What moves Luis Cervantes to change sides in the conflict?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)