|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Demetrio Macias' rancho?
(b) Rancho Grande.
2. Where did the Federal lieutenant meet Demetrio Macias?
(a) In the penetentiary.
(b) In the battle of Zacatecas.
(c) Hiding in the hills.
(d) In the canteen in town.
3. To whom does the young carpenter who has been conscripted into the army pray?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) His sainted mother.
(c) The Virgin of Guadalupe.
4. What does Luis Cervantes advise Demetrio Macias to do?
(a) Split from Natera's forces.
(b) Join with Natera's forces.
(c) Ambush Natera's forces.
(d) Take over the command of Natera's forces.
5. How does Luis Cervantes refer to the rebels?
(d) Comrades in arms.
6. What does Pancracio do to Luis Cervantes when he approaches the camp?
(a) Grabs him from behind.
(b) Shoots him in the foot.
(c) Stabs him in the back.
(d) Ties his hands together.
7. What did the rebels make hand grenades with?
(a) Caps and rocks.
(b) Iron pipes and brass knobs.
(c) Gunpowder and firecrackers.
(d) Gasoline and rags.
8. Who helps Luis Cervantes to eat and cleans his wounded leg?
(d) Demetrio Macias.
9. What does Luis Cervantes say Natera and Demetrio Macias will bring to their country?
(a) Nothing but glory.
(b) Nothing but shame.
(c) Nothing but freedom.
(d) Nothing but optimism.
10. Who kills the brother of the guide from the village?
(a) Luis Cervantes.
(c) Demetrio Macias.
11. What does Camila want Luis Cervantes to teach her?
(a) How to treat a wound.
(b) How to speak English.
(c) How to dance.
(d) The words to "La Adelita."
12. What do Demetrio Macias' men plan to do if they outnumber the Federal soldiers?
(a) Kill them all.
(b) Chase them out of town.
(c) Die bravely.
(d) Scare them.
13. What does Quail have nightmares about?
(a) Men he saw shot.
(b) Men he shot.
(c) Men he saw hung.
(d) Men he stabbed.
14. How does Luis Cervantes address Demetrio Macias?
(c) Dear Leader.
15. What does Luis Cervantes say Villa, Carranza, and Natera are all fighting against?
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Luis Cervantes from sleeping on his first night with Demetrio Macias' band?
2. Where does Luis Cervantes sleep when he joins Demetrio Macias' band?
3. How did Demetrio Macias get the drop on the Federal soldiers?
4. Why are there more Federal soldiers in town than Demetrio Macias had anticipated?
5. What greets Demetrio Macias' men as they enter the plaza of the village?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)