|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Luis Cervantes refer to the rebels?
(b) Comrades in arms.
2. What news do the muleteers bring to the revolutionaries?
(a) Huerta is fleeing the country.
(b) Huerta is making a last stand in Zacatecas.
(c) Huerta has been killed.
(d) Huerta has been taken captive.
3. What does Anastasio give the villager?
(a) Hand grenades.
(b) A secret signal.
(c) A rifle.
4. What is the leader of the Federal soldiers doing during the attack by Demetrio Macias?
(a) Leading the assault.
(b) Composing a letter describing his victory.
(d) Running away.
5. How do the rebels refer to their loot?
(a) A prize.
(b) A down payment.
(c) A bonus.
(d) An advance.
6. How did his men make a stretcher for the wounded Demetrio Macias?
(a) Out of leather thongs and moss.
(b) Out of ropes and leaves.
(c) Out of branches and bundles of grass.
(d) Out of rope and saddle blankets.
7. What do Demetrio Macias' men do when they find Serapio and Antonio, who were thought to be lost, hanged?
(a) Break out a jug of pulque.
(b) Recite the Lord's prayer.
(c) Thank the Virgin of Guadalupe.
(d) Beat the two men for deserting.
8. What does Camila's mother do to drive out the evil spirits that are making the girl sad?
(a) She beats her.
(b) She locks her away.
(c) She forces her to fast.
(d) She sends her with the rebels.
9. What does Venancio want to do when the war is over?
(a) Become a doctor.
(b) Stay in the military.
(c) Grow his barber business.
(d) Get married.
10. What does Luis Cervantes say will be the result of their uprising?
(a) The exaltation of their motherland.
(b) The destruction of their motherland.
(c) The unification of their motherland.
(d) The division of their motherland.
11. To what does Luis Cervantes' old acquaintance compare the men in the revolution?
(a) Stars in the sky.
(b) Toy soldiers in a box.
(c) Leaves in a hurricane.
(d) Mustangs on the range.
12. How long has Luis Cervantes been fighting with the rebels?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two years.
13. What do the rebels take from the soldiers?
(a) Their uniforms.
(b) Their clothes.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their watches.
14. What treat does Demetrio Macias bring to his men in the hills?
(c) Dried beef.
15. Who kills the brother of the guide from the village?
(a) Luis Cervantes.
(b) Demetrio Macias.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Demetrio Macias say he would be doing if Don Monico hadn't tried to arrest him?
2. Why doesn't Camila want to go with Demetrio Macias?
3. What skill has made Demetrio Macias' men famous?
4. What does Luis Cervantes say are the most sacred things any man has?
5. What did the villager who helped Demetrio Macias want the rebels to do in return?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)