|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, XI - XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Luis Cervantes come to feel about the rebel cause after his experience with the federal army?
(a) The rebel cause is evil.
(b) The rebel cause is pure justice.
(c) The rebel cause is doomed.
(d) The rebel cause comes from misunderstanding.
2. What effect does Camila's speech have on Luis Cervantes?
(a) Like a river over rocks.
(b) Like a guitar at night.
(c) Like steel scratching glass.
(d) Like birds singing.
3. What does Demetrio Macias' wife want him to do to the marauders?
(a) Tell the authorities about them.
(b) Release them.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Feed them dinner.
4. What keeps Luis Cervantes from sleeping on his first night with Demetrio Macias' band?
(a) The smell of animals.
(b) His wounded foot.
(c) His battered body.
(d) His sense of failure.
5. What do Demetrio Macias' men plan to do if the Federal soldiers outnumber them?
(a) Kill them all.
(b) Die bravely.
(c) Chase them out of town.
(d) Scare them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the news from the capital say about Huerta?
2. What does Luis Cervantes hear on his first fighting encounter with the rebels?
3. Who helps Luis Cervantes to eat and cleans his wounded leg?
4. What does Camila's mother do to drive out the evil spirits that are making the girl sad?
5. Where does Luis Cervantes sleep when he joins Demetrio Macias' band?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)