|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, XI - XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luis Cervantes say are the most sacred things any man has?
(a) Family and church.
(b) Church and country.
(c) Family and country.
(d) Country and friends.
2. What does Luis Cervantes begin to suspect about the revolutionaries?
(a) They are examples of courage.
(b) They are nothing more than bandits.
(c) They cannot lose.
(d) They cannot win.
3. What does Luis Cervantes tell Demetrio Macias that Macias does not yet understand?
(a) Macias does not understand the villainy of politicians.
(b) Macias does not understand his own noble mission.
(c) Macias does not understand the cacique system.
(d) Macias does not understand the thrill of battle.
4. To whom does the young carpenter who has been conscripted into the army pray?
(a) His sainted mother.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) The Virgin of Guadalupe.
5. How does Luis Cervantes come to feel about the rebel cause after his experience with the federal army?
(a) The rebel cause is doomed.
(b) The rebel cause is evil.
(c) The rebel cause is pure justice.
(d) The rebel cause comes from misunderstanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Luis Cervantes from sleeping on his first night with Demetrio Macias' band?
2. Why does Demetrio Macias decide not to take a village girl with him?
3. What is the name of Demetrio Macias' rancho?
4. What does the neighborhood say has happened to Marcelina?
5. Where does Demetrio Macias sleep the night after he leaves home?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)