|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is banal content and emotional resonance essential to?
2. According to Freud, what do people often fantasize about before an event takes place?
3. What must be disguised symbolically in the form of a dream?
4. What happens when the forces coexist in the case of a childhood memory?
5. Who does the person in Henri's dream run to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What must a person's desires be disguised as?
2. Discuss what males who are fascinated with women with long feet are searching for.
3. What is an artist able to do for him or herself and his or her viewers?
4. Discuss the prevalence of both the enigmatic smile and presence of babies in Da Vinci's work.
5. What is the first stage of growth like for a child, according to Freud?
6. Describe Da Vinci's desire for perfection.
7. What are screen memories?
8. What does Freud find the subconscious desire allows to manifest?
9. What is the uncanny at odds with, according to Freud?
10. Describe Da Vinci with women.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif and idea that childhood experiences play a detrimental role in one's adult life.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how and why the subconscious desires to reconcile with the conscious and what happens as a result from the attempted reconciliation.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe how Freud explains to his readers what an uncanny is to an individual.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)