|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are V. and C. Henri?
2. What is the person wearing in Henri's early childhood memory?
3. Where can the ego put the dreamer?
4. Why might a random scene appear to be important to an individual?
5. Who is the main person in Henri's early childhood memory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Henri's childhood memory?
2. What happened to many of Da Vinci's works, like the Mona Lisa?
3. Describe Da Vinci with women.
4. Why was Da Vinci known as the "Italian-Faust"?
5. Describe Da Vinci's desire for perfection.
6. Discuss the roles of substitution and repression in regard to emotionally traumatic events.
7. What does Freud suggest emperors and empresses symbolize in one's dream?
8. According to Freud, how does a son respond to his parents' roles if he has a sister?
9. What role do repressed sexual desires have on the uncanny?
10. Describe what an unconscious mind operates on.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and explain Freud's analysis of Da Vinci's childhood dream and what Freud argues his dream symbolizes as an adult.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the case of V. and C. Henri and how it connects to the perception of childhood memories.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Freud argues children need a desire to supersede their parents in order to grow and surpass their parents.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)