|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does play turn into for a person?
2. According to Freud, what do people often fantasize about before an event takes place?
3. When does Freud argue the creative process begins for a person?
4. What does the mind begin to creatively build as a person grows older?
5. When does conflict arise between the two forces in the case of childhood memories?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Freud, discuss the projections of one's unconscious.
2. What do the images in Henri's case reflect?
3. What is Da Vinci's sexual sublimation?
4. What are most heroes in fiction classified as?
5. Discuss the roles of substitution and repression in regard to emotionally traumatic events.
6. Describe Da Vinci's desire for perfection.
7. How do female responses differ in familial fantasies according to Freud?
8. What role do repressed sexual desires have on the uncanny?
9. Why has Freud's student remained fearful of sand?
10. How is the uncanny related to anxiety?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe how Freud explains to his readers what an uncanny is to an individual.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the connection Freud finds between the adult psyche and one's childhood experiences and the importance of the correlation.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the story of "Oedipus Rex" by Sophocles is congruent to the ideas of "The Uncanny."
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)