|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does stealing the flowers represent in Henri's adolescent memory?
2. How does Freud see a person's dreams at night?
3. What did Henri do with his companions to the person in his early childhood dream?
4. How old was Henri in the other memory he recalls to Freud?
5. According to Freud, what is the childhood psyche substantially different from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Freud see our dreams as?
2. What are screen memories?
3. Discuss Da Vinci in relationship to science and art congruently.
4. Where does an uncanny originate?
5. What must a person's desires be disguised as?
6. What is a person's daydream an attempt to live out?
7. Discuss the two forces Freud finds at play during childhood memories.
8. What is suggested about the uncanny in relationship to the theme of the entire book of "The Uncanny"?
9. Describe the result of the subconscious trying to reconcile with the conscious, according to Freud.
10. What happened to many of Da Vinci's works, like the Mona Lisa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare a young boy's attitude to a young girl's attitude towards their parents after learning about the sexual role's each parent plays.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and explain what the key elements of screen memories are.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the role the ego plays in a person's dreams.
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)