|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the childhood period serve in a person's life, according to Freud?
2. What does the ego have during day and night dreams?
3. What does Freud suggest memory like episodes should be called?
4. Who is the main person in Henri's early childhood memory?
5. What is the first force Freud mentions is at play in childhood memories?
Short Essay Questions
1. What must a person's desires be disguised as?
2. Describe what an unconscious mind operates on.
3. According to Freud, what is the second stage of growth like for a child?
4. What does Freud believe a people's perception of their parents turn into later in life?
5. What does Freud see our dreams as?
6. According to Freud, discuss the projections of one's unconscious.
7. What is suggested about the uncanny in relationship to the theme of the entire book of "The Uncanny"?
8. Why does Freud choose Leonardo da Vinci for psychoanalysis?
9. Explain the connection of Oedipus Rex to family romance.
10. How is the uncanny related to anxiety?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the case of V. and C. Henri and how it connects to the perception of childhood memories.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the story of "Oedipus Rex" by Sophocles is congruent to the ideas of "The Uncanny."
Essay Topic 3
Explain and analyze where Freud argues the creative process in an individual comes from.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)