|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as a result of the conflict between the two forces in the case of childhood memories?
2. Who did Henri stay at the countryside with?
3. What is the person wearing in Henri's early childhood memory?
4. What can fantasies do to the unhealthy dreamer?
5. What are Henri and the person in his dream given?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a person's daydream an attempt to live out?
2. Describe Da Vinci's childhood memory.
3. How does a child perceive his parents when he or she is young, according to Freud?
4. What does Freud suggest emperors and empresses symbolize in one's dream?
5. Explain the connection of Oedipus Rex to family romance.
6. What are most heroes in fiction classified as?
7. What does Freud see happening from living out possibilities that would be denied to the daydreamer in real life?
8. How is the uncanny really a familiar thing to a person, according to Freud?
9. What do the images in Henri's case reflect?
10. What is the uncanny, according to Freud?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Leonardo da Vinci as a human being by including his sexuality and perception of love.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif and idea that childhood experiences play a detrimental role in one's adult life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how and why the subconscious desires to reconcile with the conscious and what happens as a result from the attempted reconciliation.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)