|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud suggest about the memories we recall as adults about our childhood really are?
2. Where do those who suffer from unhealthy dreaming go to?
3. What does the little girl represent in Henri's adolescent memory?
4. What does stealing the flowers represent in Henri's adolescent memory?
5. How does Freud see a person's dreams at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Freud see our dreams as?
2. Discuss what males who are fascinated with women with long feet are searching for.
3. Describe Da Vinci with women.
4. Describe Leonardo da Vinci.
5. What happens when a child learns that his parents are not asexual, according to Freud?
6. What is a person's daydream an attempt to live out?
7. What happens in Henri's adolescent memory?
8. Discuss the prevalence of both the enigmatic smile and presence of babies in Da Vinci's work.
9. Discuss Da Vinci in relationship to science and art congruently.
10. What does Freud find the subconscious desire allows to manifest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif and idea that childhood experiences play a detrimental role in one's adult life.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how and why the subconscious desires to reconcile with the conscious and what happens as a result from the attempted reconciliation.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the two forces that Freud finds the unconscious acknowledges in the force of suppression and the force to remember a memory. How does this result in conflict within the individual?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)