|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where can the ego put the dreamer?
2. When does conflict arise between the two forces in the case of childhood memories?
3. At what age are most early memories formed?
4. What is the person wearing in Henri's early childhood memory?
5. What do most adult memories have, according to Freud?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Freud believe a people's perception of their parents turn into later in life?
2. What role do repressed sexual desires have on the uncanny?
3. Discuss the importance of an individual's childhood according to Freud.
4. What is the uncanny, according to Freud?
5. What happens in Henri's childhood memory?
6. What are screen memories?
7. Where does an uncanny originate?
8. What does Freud see the common fear of blindness really is?
9. What happens in an unhealthy persons fantasies?
10. What do the images in Henri's case reflect?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss Freud's student who was afraid of sand and why this example of uncanny developed and stayed with him through his adult years.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the different stages Freud discusses that children go through to understand and see their parents true identity.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Leonardo da Vinci as a human being by including his sexuality and perception of love.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)