|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Henri and the person in his dream given?
2. What can fantasies do for a healthy dreamer?
3. What does the first essay of "The Uncanny" discuss?
4. Who does the person in Henri's dream run to?
5. What must childhood memories be triggered by, according to Freud?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Freud's goal in his psychoanalysis of Da Vinci?
2. What is suggested about the uncanny in relationship to the theme of the entire book of "The Uncanny"?
3. Discuss Da Vinci in relationship to science and art congruently.
4. Discuss the roles of substitution and repression in regard to emotionally traumatic events.
5. Describe Da Vinci's childhood memory.
6. According to Freud, how does a son respond to his parents' roles if he has a sister?
7. According to Freud, what is the second stage of growth like for a child?
8. Describe Freud's student that has an adult fear of sand.
9. Discuss what males who are fascinated with women with long feet are searching for.
10. What happens in Henri's childhood memory?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif and idea that childhood experiences play a detrimental role in one's adult life.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the two forces that Freud finds the unconscious acknowledges in the force of suppression and the force to remember a memory. How does this result in conflict within the individual?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the role the ego plays in a person's dreams.
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)