|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first essay of "The Uncanny" discuss?
2. According to Freud, what do people often fantasize about before an event takes place?
3. What is the first force Freud mentions is at play in childhood memories?
4. What does stealing the flowers represent in Henri's adolescent memory?
5. How does Freud see a person's dreams at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Freud's student that has an adult fear of sand.
2. What does Freud find the subconscious desire allows to manifest?
3. What are most heroes in fiction classified as?
4. What role does the evil twin of evil double have on the uncanny?
5. Describe what form the uncanny may take.
6. When does Freud argue human's creative process comes into play?
7. What does Freud see happening from living out possibilities that would be denied to the daydreamer in real life?
8. What is Da Vinci's sexual sublimation?
9. Discuss Da Vinci in relationship to science and art congruently.
10. What role do repressed sexual desires have on the uncanny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the different stages Freud discusses that children go through to understand and see their parents true identity.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Freud argues children need a desire to supersede their parents in order to grow and surpass their parents.
Essay Topic 3
Explain and analyze where Freud argues the creative process in an individual comes from.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)