|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are V. and C. Henri?
2. What must childhood memories be triggered by, according to Freud?
3. What does Henri remember about what he was given in his early childhood dream?
4. According to Freud, what do people often fantasize about before an event takes place?
5. What is the basis of Freud's essay, "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the roles of substitution and repression in regard to emotionally traumatic events.
2. According to Freud, discuss the projections of one's unconscious.
3. Where does an uncanny originate?
4. What is the uncanny, according to Freud?
5. What does Freud compare the progress of civilization to?
6. What happens when a child learns that his parents are not asexual, according to Freud?
7. According to Freud, how does a son respond to his parents' roles if he has a sister?
8. What happens in an unhealthy persons fantasies?
9. What happens in Henri's childhood memory?
10. What is Da Vinci's sexual sublimation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Freud argues artists are capable of manifesting pleasures desired in their dreams through their work.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the connection Freud finds between the adult psyche and one's childhood experiences and the importance of the correlation.
Essay Topic 3
Compare healthy fantasies to unhealthy fantasies as described by Freud in "Creative Writing and Daydreaming."
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)