Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does our unconscious mind operate on, according to Freud?
2. How does Freud end "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
3. What does Freud find to be important about one's childhood to adult memories?
4. What is banal content and emotional resonance essential to?
5. What can fantasies do for a healthy dreamer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are screen memories?
2. How are children's memories different from adult memories?
3. Explain the connection of Oedipus Rex to family romance.
4. What do the images in Henri's case reflect?
5. According to Freud, what is the second stage of growth like for a child?
6. Describe the result of the subconscious trying to reconcile with the conscious, according to Freud.
7. Describe Freud's student that has an adult fear of sand.
8. Who is V. and C. Henri?
9. What is the uncanny, according to Freud?
10. What happened to many of Da Vinci's works, like the Mona Lisa?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the story of "Oedipus Rex" by Sophocles is congruent to the ideas of "The Uncanny."
Essay Topic 2
Compare healthy fantasies to unhealthy fantasies as described by Freud in "Creative Writing and Daydreaming."
Essay Topic 3
Describe the connection Freud finds between the adult psyche and one's childhood experiences and the importance of the correlation.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)