|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the childhood period serve in a person's life, according to Freud?
2. What happens as a result from the daydream in the daydreamer's real life?
3. What does the first essay of "The Uncanny" discuss?
4. What is the condition of the memory once the two forces coexist in the case of a childhood memory?
5. What does play turn into for a person?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Freud see the common fear of blindness really is?
2. How is the uncanny really a familiar thing to a person, according to Freud?
3. What are most heroes in fiction classified as?
4. Why was Da Vinci known as the "Italian-Faust"?
5. What is suggested about the uncanny in relationship to the theme of the entire book of "The Uncanny"?
6. Describe Da Vinci's desire for perfection.
7. How are children's memories different from adult memories?
8. Why does Freud choose Leonardo da Vinci for psychoanalysis?
9. According to Freud, what is the second stage of growth like for a child?
10. What is the uncanny, according to Freud?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain and analyze where Freud argues the creative process in an individual comes from.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and explain what the key elements of screen memories are.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the role the ego plays in a person's dreams.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)