|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the little girl represent in Henri's adolescent memory?
2. What happens as a result from the daydream in the daydreamer's real life?
3. What does Freud suggest about the memories we recall as adults about our childhood really are?
4. What can fantasies do to the unhealthy dreamer?
5. What do most adult memories have, according to Freud?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Freud find the subconscious desire allows to manifest?
2. What happened to many of Da Vinci's works, like the Mona Lisa?
3. How do female responses differ in familial fantasies according to Freud?
4. What happens when a child learns that his parents are not asexual, according to Freud?
5. How are children's memories different from adult memories?
6. What type of fantasies do children have in comparison to adults?
7. What are most heroes in fiction classified as?
8. Describe what form the uncanny may take.
9. What does Freud see happening from living out possibilities that would be denied to the daydreamer in real life?
10. Where does an uncanny originate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Leonardo da Vinci as a human being by including his sexuality and perception of love.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how and why the subconscious desires to reconcile with the conscious and what happens as a result from the attempted reconciliation.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the role the ego plays in a person's dreams.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)