Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does our unconscious mind operate on, according to Freud?
2. How does Freud end "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
3. What does Freud find to be important about one's childhood to adult memories?
4. What is banal content and emotional resonance essential to?
5. What can fantasies do for a healthy dreamer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are screen memories?
2. How are children's memories different from adult memories?
3. Explain the connection of Oedipus Rex to family romance.
4. What do the images in Henri's case reflect?
5. According to Freud, what is the second stage of growth like for a child?
6. Describe the result of the subconscious trying to reconcile with the conscious, according to Freud.
7. Describe Freud's student that has an adult fear of sand.
8. Who is V. and C. Henri?
9. What is the uncanny, according to Freud?
10. What happened to many of Da Vinci's works, like the Mona Lisa?
Discuss and describe how Freud explains to his readers what an uncanny is to an individual.
Discuss and explain what Freud believes concerning childhood memories prior to the ages between two and four.
Discuss the two forces that Freud finds the unconscious acknowledges in the force of suppression and the force to remember a memory. How does this result in conflict within the individual?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)