|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of the memory once the two forces coexist in the case of a childhood memory?
2. What does the mind begin to creatively build as a person grows older?
3. Where do those who suffer from unhealthy dreaming go to?
4. What happens as a result from the daydream in the daydreamer's real life?
5. What does stealing the flowers represent in Henri's adolescent memory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are most heroes in fiction classified as?
2. Describe the result of the subconscious trying to reconcile with the conscious, according to Freud.
3. According to Freud, what is the second stage of growth like for a child?
4. Who is V. and C. Henri?
5. According to Freud, how does a son respond to his parents' roles if he has a sister?
6. Describe what an unconscious mind operates on.
7. According to Freud, discuss the projections of one's unconscious.
8. Describe Da Vinci's childhood memory.
9. Why does Freud choose Leonardo da Vinci for psychoanalysis?
10. What is an artist able to do for him or herself and his or her viewers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain and analyze where Freud argues the creative process in an individual comes from.
Essay Topic 2
Compare a young boy's attitude to a young girl's attitude towards their parents after learning about the sexual role's each parent plays.
Essay Topic 3
Compare healthy fantasies to unhealthy fantasies as described by Freud in "Creative Writing and Daydreaming."
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)