Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does our unconscious mind operate on, according to Freud?
2. How does Freud end "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
3. What does Freud find to be important about one's childhood to adult memories?
4. What is banal content and emotional resonance essential to?
5. What can fantasies do for a healthy dreamer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are screen memories?
2. How are children's memories different from adult memories?
3. Explain the connection of Oedipus Rex to family romance.
4. What do the images in Henri's case reflect?
5. According to Freud, what is the second stage of growth like for a child?
6. Describe the result of the subconscious trying to reconcile with the conscious, according to Freud.
7. Describe Freud's student that has an adult fear of sand.
8. Who is V. and C. Henri?
9. What is the uncanny, according to Freud?
10. What happened to many of Da Vinci's works, like the Mona Lisa?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Leonardo da Vinci as a human being by including his sexuality and perception of love.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how and why the subconscious desires to reconcile with the conscious and what happens as a result from the attempted reconciliation.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the idea and theme of Freud's that neurosis occurs from repression in the subconscious or conscious.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)