|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the forces coexist in the case of a childhood memory?
2. What can fantasies do to the unhealthy dreamer?
3. How many forces does Freud argue are at play in the formation of early childhood memories?
4. What are Henri and the person in his dream given?
5. When does conflict arise between the two forces in the case of childhood memories?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Da Vinci's sexual sublimation?
2. What happens in Henri's childhood memory?
3. How is the uncanny related to anxiety?
4. What happens in an unhealthy persons fantasies?
5. What is the uncanny, according to Freud?
6. What is a person's daydream an attempt to live out?
7. What is the first stage of growth like for a child, according to Freud?
8. What must a person's desires be disguised as?
9. Why does Freud choose Leonardo da Vinci for psychoanalysis?
10. According to Freud, what is the second stage of growth like for a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the two forces that Freud finds the unconscious acknowledges in the force of suppression and the force to remember a memory. How does this result in conflict within the individual?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Freud argues children need a desire to supersede their parents in order to grow and surpass their parents.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Freud argues artists are capable of manifesting pleasures desired in their dreams through their work.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)