|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freud end "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
2. Who did Henri fall in love with in his adolescent memory?
3. What does the mind begin to creatively build as a person grows older?
4. What did Henri do with his companions to the person in his early childhood dream?
5. What can fantasies do to the unhealthy dreamer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Da Vinci with women.
2. Describe Leonardo da Vinci.
3. What happens in Henri's adolescent memory?
4. Describe the result of the subconscious trying to reconcile with the conscious, according to Freud.
5. Explain the connection of Oedipus Rex to family romance.
6. What must a person's desires be disguised as?
7. What does Freud believe a people's perception of their parents turn into later in life?
8. What happened to many of Da Vinci's works, like the Mona Lisa?
9. What does Freud conclude about Henri's case?
10. What is suggested about the uncanny in relationship to the theme of the entire book of "The Uncanny"?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss Freud's student who was afraid of sand and why this example of uncanny developed and stayed with him through his adult years.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and explain what the key elements of screen memories are.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and explain what Freud believes concerning childhood memories prior to the ages between two and four.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)