|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the basis of Freud's essay, "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
2. What is the person wearing in Henri's early childhood memory?
3. What does the subconscious desire allow to manifest in the conscious mind of a dreamer, according to Freud?
4. What do most adult memories have, according to Freud?
5. According to Freud, what do people often fantasize about before an event takes place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are screen memories?
2. What role do repressed sexual desires have on the uncanny?
3. What happened to many of Da Vinci's works, like the Mona Lisa?
4. Why was Da Vinci known as the "Italian-Faust"?
5. Describe what an unconscious mind operates on.
6. How is the uncanny related to anxiety?
7. Where does an uncanny originate?
8. What does Freud suggest emperors and empresses symbolize in one's dream?
9. What must a person's desires be disguised as?
10. Discuss the two forces Freud finds at play during childhood memories.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif and idea that childhood experiences play a detrimental role in one's adult life.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the idea and theme of Freud's that neurosis occurs from repression in the subconscious or conscious.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe how Freud explains to his readers what an uncanny is to an individual.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)