|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the forces coexist in the case of a childhood memory?
2. What is the person wearing in Henri's early childhood memory?
3. At what age do dreams begin to take a narrative pattern?
4. What does Henri remember about what he was given in his early childhood dream?
5. At what age are most early memories formed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Henri's adolescent memory?
2. Describe what form the uncanny may take.
3. What role do repressed sexual desires have on the uncanny?
4. What is a person's daydream an attempt to live out?
5. What does Freud suggest emperors and empresses symbolize in one's dream?
6. What is the uncanny at odds with, according to Freud?
7. When does Freud argue human's creative process comes into play?
8. How do female responses differ in familial fantasies according to Freud?
9. What happens when a child learns that his parents are not asexual, according to Freud?
10. Discuss what males who are fascinated with women with long feet are searching for.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the story of "Oedipus Rex" by Sophocles is congruent to the ideas of "The Uncanny."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe how Freud explains to his readers what an uncanny is to an individual.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the role the ego plays in a person's dreams.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)