|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference between night and day dreams, according to Freud?
2. What happens when the forces coexist in the case of a childhood memory?
3. What does Freud suggest about the memories we recall as adults about our childhood really are?
4. According to Freud, what do people often fantasize about before an event takes place?
5. What happens as a result of the conflict between the two forces in the case of childhood memories?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Freud see the common fear of blindness really is?
2. How does a child perceive his parents when he or she is young, according to Freud?
3. Describe Da Vinci's childhood memory.
4. What happens when a child learns that his parents are not asexual, according to Freud?
5. Describe Da Vinci with women.
6. When do early child memories form, according to Freud?
7. What does Freud believe a people's perception of their parents turn into later in life?
8. According to Freud, discuss the projections of one's unconscious.
9. What is the uncanny, according to Freud?
10. What happens in a healthy persons fantasies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Leonardo da Vinci as a human being by including his sexuality and perception of love.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and explain what Freud believes concerning childhood memories prior to the ages between two and four.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Freud argues artists are capable of manifesting pleasures desired in their dreams through their work.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)