|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went up to the person in Henri's dream with Henri?
2. What does the subconscious desire allow to manifest in the conscious mind of a dreamer, according to Freud?
3. What is the difference between night and day dreams, according to Freud?
4. What does the first essay of "The Uncanny" discuss?
5. What is the suppression in a dreamer usually a result of, according to Freud?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first stage of growth like for a child, according to Freud?
2. What do the images in Henri's case reflect?
3. Explain the connection of Oedipus Rex to family romance.
4. What is an artist able to do for him or herself and his or her viewers?
5. Why does Freud choose Leonardo da Vinci for psychoanalysis?
6. What does Freud see happening from living out possibilities that would be denied to the daydreamer in real life?
7. What does Freud conclude about Henri's case?
8. What role do repressed sexual desires have on the uncanny?
9. Describe Leonardo da Vinci.
10. Who is V. and C. Henri?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and explain what Freud believes concerning childhood memories prior to the ages between two and four.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and explain Freud's analysis of Da Vinci's childhood dream and what Freud argues his dream symbolizes as an adult.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Leonardo da Vinci as a human being by including his sexuality and perception of love.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)