Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does our unconscious mind operate on, according to Freud?
(a) Different connections.
(b) Many images.
(c) Associations to images.
(d) Many different associatons and analogies.
2. How does Freud end "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
3. What does Freud find to be important about one's childhood to adult memories?
(a) He finds no connection.
(b) The fact that our adult memories are literal and our childhood one's are not.
(c) The fact that our childhood memories differ in emotional power than our adult ones.
(d) The fact that our childhood memories reflect our hidden desires.
4. What is banal content and emotional resonance essential to?
(a) Screen memories.
(b) Movie memories.
(c) Screen images.
(d) Movie images.
5. What can fantasies do for a healthy dreamer?
(a) Reach one's dreams.
(b) Dream big.
(c) Stay grounded.
(d) Think through the possibilities of the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the forces coexist in the case of a childhood memory?
2. Where does the artist sublimate the actual pleasure of one's dreams into?
3. Where can the ego put the dreamer?
4. What are Henri and the person in his dream given?
5. What is the condition of the memory once the two forces coexist in the case of a childhood memory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are screen memories?
2. How are children's memories different from adult memories?
3. Explain the connection of Oedipus Rex to family romance.
4. What do the images in Henri's case reflect?
5. According to Freud, what is the second stage of growth like for a child?
6. Describe the result of the subconscious trying to reconcile with the conscious, according to Freud.
7. Describe Freud's student that has an adult fear of sand.
8. Who is V. and C. Henri?
9. What is the uncanny, according to Freud?
10. What happened to many of Da Vinci's works, like the Mona Lisa?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)