|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as a result from the daydream in the daydreamer's real life?
(a) A pleasure of feeling fulfilled desires.
(b) A fear of never reaching one's dreams.
(c) A fear of never having one's dream become reality.
(d) A pleasure of living out possibilities.
2. What do most adult memories have, according to Freud?
(a) A detrimental emotional power.
(b) A strong emotional power.
(c) A subtle emotional power.
(d) A driving emotional power.
3. What is the basis of Freud's essay, "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
(a) To daydream.
(b) To better understand the genesis of the creative process.
(c) To have the opportunity to write creatively.
(d) To understand how writing and dreaming manifested.
4. What is banal content and emotional resonance essential to?
(a) Movie memories.
(b) Screen images.
(c) Screen memories.
(d) Movie images.
5. What is the first force Freud mentions is at play in childhood memories?
(a) The force to retell the event.
(b) The motive to suppress the event.
(c) The motive to remember the event.
(d) The force the event has on our adult life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can fantasies do to the unhealthy dreamer?
2. Who does the person in Henri's dream run to?
3. What are Henri and the person in his dream given?
4. What is the title of the first essay of "The Uncanny"?
5. What does the first essay of "The Uncanny" discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of fantasies do children have in comparison to adults?
2. Discuss the two forces Freud finds at play during childhood memories.
3. What is the uncanny at odds with, according to Freud?
4. How is the uncanny related to anxiety?
5. Describe the result of the subconscious trying to reconcile with the conscious, according to Freud.
6. Describe Leonardo da Vinci.
7. Discuss the prevalence of both the enigmatic smile and presence of babies in Da Vinci's work.
8. What does Freud compare the progress of civilization to?
9. What does Freud find the subconscious desire allows to manifest?
10. Describe Da Vinci's childhood memory.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)