|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of the memory once the two forces coexist in the case of a childhood memory?
(a) The memory is distorted.
(b) The memory is clear.
(c) The memory is suppressed.
(d) The memory is vague.
2. At what age are most early memories formed?
(a) Between the ages of 3 and5.
(b) Between the ages of 2 and 4.
(c) Between the ages of 2 and 3.
(d) Between the ages of 1 and 3.
3. What must be disguised symbolically in the form of a dream?
(a) The conscious mind.
(b) The subconscious mind.
(c) The ego's desires.
(d) The unconscious mind.
4. According to Freud, what do people often fantasize about before an event takes place?
(a) What they will look like.
(b) Who they will be with.
(c) Who they will be.
(d) What they will do.
5. What does Freud suggest about the memories we recall as adults about our childhood really are?
(a) They are distortions.
(b) They are projections.
(c) They are substitutions.
(d) They are not memories at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henri remember about what he was given in his early childhood dream?
2. What happens as a result from the daydream in the daydreamer's real life?
3. Where do those who suffer from unhealthy dreaming go to?
4. What is the title of the first essay of "The Uncanny"?
5. What does the bread in Henri's childhood memory represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what an unconscious mind operates on.
2. Discuss Da Vinci in relationship to science and art congruently.
3. Describe Freud's student that has an adult fear of sand.
4. How is the uncanny related to anxiety?
5. Where does an uncanny originate?
6. What happens when a child learns that his parents are not asexual, according to Freud?
7. What is a person's daydream an attempt to live out?
8. What type of fantasies do children have in comparison to adults?
9. What does Freud compare the progress of civilization to?
10. What does Freud believe a people's perception of their parents turn into later in life?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)