|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does stealing the flowers represent in Henri's adolescent memory?
(a) That he is incestual.
(b) His desire for freedom.
(c) His desire to deflower or seduce his cousin.
(d) His sexual excitement.
2. What does our unconscious mind operate on, according to Freud?
(a) Different connections.
(b) Many different associatons and analogies.
(c) Associations to images.
(d) Many images.
3. What is the suppression in a dreamer usually a result of, according to Freud?
(a) A conflict between the unconscious and conscious.
(b) The conflict between the ego and the conscious.
(c) The conflict between reality and fantasy.
(d) The conflict between the desire and the reality.
4. What does Henri remember about what he was given in his early childhood dream?
(a) The bread was delicious.
(b) The milk was smoothe.
(c) The honey was sweet.
(d) The water was cold.
5. What happens as a result from the daydream in the daydreamer's real life?
(a) A pleasure of feeling fulfilled desires.
(b) A pleasure of living out possibilities.
(c) A fear of never reaching one's dreams.
(d) A fear of never having one's dream become reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most adult memories have, according to Freud?
2. What does Freud find to be important about one's childhood to adult memories?
3. What is the first force Freud mentions is at play in childhood memories?
4. Who did Henri fall in love with in his adolescent memory?
5. According to Freud, what do childhood memories appear to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Freud, discuss the projections of one's unconscious.
2. What role does the evil twin of evil double have on the uncanny?
3. Describe what an unconscious mind operates on.
4. Describe what form the uncanny may take.
5. Discuss the prevalence of both the enigmatic smile and presence of babies in Da Vinci's work.
6. How are children's memories different from adult memories?
7. What happened to many of Da Vinci's works, like the Mona Lisa?
8. Describe Da Vinci's desire for perfection.
9. What is the uncanny at odds with, according to Freud?
10. What does Freud see our dreams as?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)