|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must be disguised symbolically in the form of a dream?
(a) The ego's desires.
(b) The conscious mind.
(c) The subconscious mind.
(d) The unconscious mind.
2. What is the title of the first essay of "The Uncanny"?
(a) "Childhood Influences."
(b) "Screen Memories."
(c) "Creative Writing and Daydreaming."
(d) "Creative Thinkers."
3. Who did Henri fall in love with in his adolescent memory?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His sister.
(c) No one.
(d) His best friend.
4. Who is the main person in Henri's early childhood memory?
(a) A young boy.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A bird.
5. What does the little girl represent in Henri's adolescent memory?
(a) His love.
(b) His desire.
(c) His incest.
(d) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the basis of Freud's essay, "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
2. Who does the person in Henri's dream run to?
3. How old was Henri in the other memory he recalls to Freud?
4. What does Freud find most heroes in fiction really are?
5. What is the second force Freud mentions is at play in childhood memories?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Freud, what is the second stage of growth like for a child?
2. When do early child memories form, according to Freud?
3. What role do repressed sexual desires have on the uncanny?
4. What does Freud find the subconscious desire allows to manifest?
5. Discuss the roles of substitution and repression in regard to emotionally traumatic events.
6. What is a person's daydream an attempt to live out?
7. Describe Da Vinci's desire for perfection.
8. Describe what an unconscious mind operates on.
9. What happens in Henri's adolescent memory?
10. What is the uncanny, according to Freud?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)