|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as a result from the daydream in the daydreamer's real life?
(a) A pleasure of feeling fulfilled desires.
(b) A pleasure of living out possibilities.
(c) A fear of never having one's dream become reality.
(d) A fear of never reaching one's dreams.
2. What must be disguised symbolically in the form of a dream?
(a) The subconscious mind.
(b) The conscious mind.
(c) The unconscious mind.
(d) The ego's desires.
3. What is the basis of Freud's essay, "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
(a) To better understand the genesis of the creative process.
(b) To have the opportunity to write creatively.
(c) To daydream.
(d) To understand how writing and dreaming manifested.
4. What happens as a result of the conflict between the two forces in the case of childhood memories?
(a) A distorted version of the memory takes shape.
(b) A substitution of the memory occurs.
(d) A replacement of the memory occurs.
5. What does Freud suggest about the memories we recall as adults about our childhood really are?
(a) They are substitutions.
(b) They are projections.
(c) They are not memories at all.
(d) They are distortions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most adult memories have, according to Freud?
2. Where does the artist sublimate the actual pleasure of one's dreams into?
3. How many forces does Freud argue are at play in the formation of early childhood memories?
4. Who did Henri fall in love with in his adolescent memory?
5. Who are V. and C. Henri?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Freud's goal in his psychoanalysis of Da Vinci?
2. What does Freud suggest emperors and empresses symbolize in one's dream?
3. What happens in Henri's childhood memory?
4. What is the first stage of growth like for a child, according to Freud?
5. What type of fantasies do children have in comparison to adults?
6. Explain the connection of Oedipus Rex to family romance.
7. What is Da Vinci's sexual sublimation?
8. What role do repressed sexual desires have on the uncanny?
9. Who is V. and C. Henri?
10. How is the uncanny related to anxiety?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)