|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the childhood period serve in a person's life, according to Freud?
(a) The essential and formative period in the development of the adolescent psyche.
(b) It shapes us as adults.
(c) It is unimportant.
(d) The essential and formative period in the development of the adult psyche.
2. What is the title of the first essay of "The Uncanny"?
(a) "Screen Memories."
(b) "Childhood Influences."
(c) "Creative Writing and Daydreaming."
(d) "Creative Thinkers."
3. What is the suppression in a dreamer usually a result of, according to Freud?
(a) The conflict between the ego and the conscious.
(b) The conflict between the desire and the reality.
(c) The conflict between reality and fantasy.
(d) A conflict between the unconscious and conscious.
4. How old was Henri in the other memory he recalls to Freud?
(a) 18 years old.
(b) 20 years old.
(c) 19 years old.
(d) 17 years old.
5. Who does the person in Henri's dream run to?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) No one.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does play turn into for a person?
2. What do most adult memories have, according to Freud?
3. What is the difference between night and day dreams, according to Freud?
4. What can fantasies do to the unhealthy dreamer?
5. How many forces does Freud argue are at play in the formation of early childhood memories?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Freud's goal in his psychoanalysis of Da Vinci?
2. How do female responses differ in familial fantasies according to Freud?
3. Discuss what males who are fascinated with women with long feet are searching for.
4. What happens in Henri's childhood memory?
5. What does Freud conclude about Henri's case?
6. Why has Freud's student remained fearful of sand?
7. What is the first stage of growth like for a child, according to Freud?
8. What are most heroes in fiction classified as?
9. How are children's memories different from adult memories?
10. What are screen memories?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)