|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud find to be important about one's childhood to adult memories?
(a) The fact that our childhood memories differ in emotional power than our adult ones.
(b) He finds no connection.
(c) The fact that our adult memories are literal and our childhood one's are not.
(d) The fact that our childhood memories reflect our hidden desires.
2. Where can the ego put the dreamer?
(a) In many different situations.
(b) In a foreign place.
(c) In a coma state.
(d) In a happy place.
3. What is the condition of the memory once the two forces coexist in the case of a childhood memory?
(a) The memory is distorted.
(b) The memory is vague.
(c) The memory is clear.
(d) The memory is suppressed.
4. Who does the person in Henri's dream run to?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) No one.
(d) Her grandmother.
5. What does the mind begin to creatively build as a person grows older?
(b) Castles in their mind.
(d) Castles in the sand.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does conflict arise between the two forces in the case of childhood memories?
2. What can fantasies do for a healthy dreamer?
3. Who is the main person in Henri's early childhood memory?
4. How old was Henri in the other memory he recalls to Freud?
5. At what age are most early memories formed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Freud find the subconscious desire allows to manifest?
2. How is the uncanny related to anxiety?
3. Discuss the prevalence of both the enigmatic smile and presence of babies in Da Vinci's work.
4. What happens when a child learns that his parents are not asexual, according to Freud?
5. What do the images in Henri's case reflect?
6. What does Freud conclude about Henri's case?
7. What is Freud's goal in his psychoanalysis of Da Vinci?
8. Why was Da Vinci known as the "Italian-Faust"?
9. Describe Leonardo da Vinci.
10. What are most heroes in fiction classified as?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)