|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the person in Henri's dream run to?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) No one.
2. What is the suppression in a dreamer usually a result of, according to Freud?
(a) A conflict between the unconscious and conscious.
(b) The conflict between reality and fantasy.
(c) The conflict between the ego and the conscious.
(d) The conflict between the desire and the reality.
3. What does the little girl represent in Henri's adolescent memory?
(a) His love.
(b) His incest.
(c) His desire.
(d) His cousin.
4. What age does the creative process especially begin to unfold in a person, according to Freud?
(a) At birth.
(b) As a teenager.
(c) As an adult.
(d) As a child.
5. What is the basis of Freud's essay, "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
(a) To have the opportunity to write creatively.
(b) To better understand the genesis of the creative process.
(c) To understand how writing and dreaming manifested.
(d) To daydream.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Freud, what do childhood memories appear to be?
2. What is the condition of the memory once the two forces coexist in the case of a childhood memory?
3. What does Freud find most heroes in fiction really are?
4. What does the ego have during day and night dreams?
5. What does Freud find to be important about one's childhood to adult memories?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what males who are fascinated with women with long feet are searching for.
2. What role does the evil twin of evil double have on the uncanny?
3. Explain the connection of Oedipus Rex to family romance.
4. What does Freud believe a people's perception of their parents turn into later in life?
5. According to Freud, discuss the projections of one's unconscious.
6. What are screen memories?
7. How is the uncanny really a familiar thing to a person, according to Freud?
8. Describe the result of the subconscious trying to reconcile with the conscious, according to Freud.
9. Describe Leonardo da Vinci.
10. What is Da Vinci's sexual sublimation?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)