|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the subconscious desire allow to manifest in the conscious mind of a dreamer, according to Freud?
(a) A repressed desire.
(b) A suppressed desire.
(c) A hidden desire.
(d) A driving desire.
2. What is the basis of Freud's essay, "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
(a) To better understand the genesis of the creative process.
(b) To understand how writing and dreaming manifested.
(c) To daydream.
(d) To have the opportunity to write creatively.
3. Who does the person in Henri's dream run to?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) No one.
4. What does Henri remember about what he was given in his early childhood dream?
(a) The water was cold.
(b) The bread was delicious.
(c) The milk was smoothe.
(d) The honey was sweet.
5. What does the ego have during day and night dreams?
(a) Total control.
(b) Conscious insight.
(c) Subconscious insight.
(d) Free reign.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference between night and day dreams, according to Freud?
2. What is the person wearing in Henri's early childhood memory?
3. What does a daydream attempt to do for the dreamer?
4. According to Freud, what is the childhood psyche substantially different from?
5. At what age do dreams begin to take a narrative pattern?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the connection of Oedipus Rex to family romance.
2. What happened to many of Da Vinci's works, like the Mona Lisa?
3. What does Freud believe a people's perception of their parents turn into later in life?
4. What role does the evil twin of evil double have on the uncanny?
5. What does Freud compare the progress of civilization to?
6. Describe Da Vinci's desire for perfection.
7. What is Da Vinci's sexual sublimation?
8. Discuss the roles of substitution and repression in regard to emotionally traumatic events.
9. According to Freud, how does a son respond to his parents' roles if he has a sister?
10. Who is V. and C. Henri?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)