|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can fantasies do for a healthy dreamer?
(a) Dream big.
(b) Stay grounded.
(c) Think through the possibilities of the future.
(d) Reach one's dreams.
2. What happens when the forces coexist in the case of a childhood memory?
(a) The memory is void.
(b) The memory is erased.
(c) The memory is shattered.
(d) The memory is preserved.
3. Where can the ego put the dreamer?
(a) In a coma state.
(b) In a foreign place.
(c) In a happy place.
(d) In many different situations.
4. What does our unconscious mind operate on, according to Freud?
(a) Different connections.
(b) Associations to images.
(c) Many images.
(d) Many different associatons and analogies.
5. What is the basis of Freud's essay, "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
(a) To have the opportunity to write creatively.
(b) To daydream.
(c) To understand how writing and dreaming manifested.
(d) To better understand the genesis of the creative process.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Freud, what do people often fantasize about before an event takes place?
2. Who did Henri fall in love with in his adolescent memory?
3. Why might a random scene appear to be important to an individual?
4. What age does the creative process especially begin to unfold in a person, according to Freud?
5. What does the childhood period serve in a person's life, according to Freud?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the uncanny, according to Freud?
2. What do the images in Henri's case reflect?
3. What are most heroes in fiction classified as?
4. What does Freud suggest emperors and empresses symbolize in one's dream?
5. What is a person's daydream an attempt to live out?
6. How does a child perceive his parents when he or she is young, according to Freud?
7. What does Freud see the common fear of blindness really is?
8. Why has Freud's student remained fearful of sand?
9. What happened to many of Da Vinci's works, like the Mona Lisa?
10. When do early child memories form, according to Freud?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)