|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mind begin to creatively build as a person grows older?
(b) Castles in their mind.
(c) Castles in the sand.
2. What happens when the forces coexist in the case of a childhood memory?
(a) The memory is shattered.
(b) The memory is void.
(c) The memory is preserved.
(d) The memory is erased.
3. What must childhood memories be triggered by, according to Freud?
(a) Emotional resistance.
(b) Emotional instability.
(c) Emotional stability.
(d) Emotional resonance.
4. Where does the artist sublimate the actual pleasure of one's dreams into?
(a) The channel of artistic output.
(b) The canvas.
(c) The channel of artistic input.
(d) His or her art.
5. What is the suppression in a dreamer usually a result of, according to Freud?
(a) A conflict between the unconscious and conscious.
(b) The conflict between the ego and the conscious.
(c) The conflict between reality and fantasy.
(d) The conflict between the desire and the reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most adult memories have, according to Freud?
2. When does Freud argue the creative process begins for a person?
3. At what age are most early memories formed?
4. What does Henri remember about what he was given in his early childhood dream?
5. What does stealing the flowers represent in Henri's adolescent memory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are most heroes in fiction classified as?
2. What does Freud see the common fear of blindness really is?
3. What happens in Henri's childhood memory?
4. What is Da Vinci's sexual sublimation?
5. According to Freud, how does a son respond to his parents' roles if he has a sister?
6. Where does an uncanny originate?
7. How does a child perceive his parents when he or she is young, according to Freud?
8. Describe what an unconscious mind operates on.
9. How is the uncanny really a familiar thing to a person, according to Freud?
10. What is Freud's goal in his psychoanalysis of Da Vinci?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)