|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the subconscious desire allow to manifest in the conscious mind of a dreamer, according to Freud?
(a) A suppressed desire.
(b) A repressed desire.
(c) A driving desire.
(d) A hidden desire.
2. What age does the creative process especially begin to unfold in a person, according to Freud?
(a) As an adult.
(b) As a child.
(c) At birth.
(d) As a teenager.
3. What does the little girl represent in Henri's adolescent memory?
(a) His incest.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His love.
(d) His desire.
4. What does the bread in Henri's childhood memory represent?
(a) The daily living.
(b) That he needs nourishment.
(c) The daily routine.
5. What is the first force Freud mentions is at play in childhood memories?
(a) The force the event has on our adult life.
(b) The motive to remember the event.
(c) The motive to suppress the event.
(d) The force to retell the event.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henri remember about what he was given in his early childhood dream?
2. What is the condition of the memory once the two forces coexist in the case of a childhood memory?
3. What do most adult memories have, according to Freud?
4. Why might a random scene appear to be important to an individual?
5. How does Freud end "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Da Vinci in relationship to science and art congruently.
2. How does a child perceive his parents when he or she is young, according to Freud?
3. According to Freud, how does a son respond to his parents' roles if he has a sister?
4. How are children's memories different from adult memories?
5. What is Da Vinci's sexual sublimation?
6. What happens in an unhealthy persons fantasies?
7. Discuss the two forces Freud finds at play during childhood memories.
8. What are most heroes in fiction classified as?
9. What is an artist able to do for him or herself and his or her viewers?
10. What happened to many of Da Vinci's works, like the Mona Lisa?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)