|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom was Houghton thrilled to work?
2. As the second season debuted, many actors offered to appear on the show for how much?
3. How is this show about the B-52 bomber similar to previous shows?
4. Is the story of the bomber based on true fact?
5. When Charley is released from the asylum, where does he go?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Serling's career as a teacher harder than he imagined it would be?
2. Describe "Miniature".
3. What is the first show of the second season? Describe this show.
4. Describe "Nervous Man in a Four Dollar Room."
5. What other duties did Serling have that added to his fatigue?
6. By whom was "Miniature" written? How was this story described?
7. What did followers do to show their loyalty to "The Twilight Zone"?
8. Describe "Mr. Dingle, The Strong."
9. Describe "Once Upon a Time".
10. What does CBS decide at the end of the fourth season?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Where Is Everybody?" was originally a very different story.
Part 1) What was the original plot? Why was it changed? How was it changed?
Part 2) Do you believe it should have been changed? Why or why not?
Part 3) Would the original script be aired today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
"Miniature" never aired.
Part 1) Describe "Miniature". Why was it never aired?
Part 2) How might the public response have been if it had aired? How does this make the situation involving its inability to be aired even more sad?
Part 3) Why might this other writer have been upset by "Miniature"?
Essay Topic 3
Perhaps the most disturbing episode was "Long Distance Call".
Part 1) Describe "Long Distance Call". Why is this so disturbing?
Part 2) Why might television executives have accepted this script?
Part 3) How would audiences react to it today? Why?
This section contains 1,575 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)