|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story was made even more interesting by the fact that the two actors were cast __________________ what would be expected.
2. What was sad about "Miniature?"
3. Serling was beginning to discover that the ideas ____________________ they had before the show began.
4. Pittman manages to turn a volatile situation into ________________ tale.
5. Who has decided to give Mr. Dingle the strength of 300 men?
Short Essay Questions
1. How important was "The Twilight Zone" by the end of the third season?
2. Who wrote "Two"? What is intriguing about this story?
3. What was unique about the interest of major stars in this series?
4. By whom was "Miniature" written? How was this story described?
5. Describe "Once Upon a Time".
6. Describe the first episode of the third season.
7. Describe "A Game of Pool".
8. How was Serling's career as a teacher harder than he imagined it would be?
9. How did this lawsuit affect "Miniature"?
10. Describe "Back There."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Serling's teaching position was not what he expected.
Part 1) How was it not what he expected? Why was it not what he expected?
Part 2) How did this affect him? How did it affect the show and his teaching?
Part 3) Why was he unable to do as he pleased? How did this affect him?
Essay Topic 2
An interesting opportunity arose with "Night Gallery".
Part 1) Describe "Night Gallery." What interesting opportunity arose?
Part 2) How was "Night Gallery" important?
Part 3) How did "Night Gallery" also develop in a way that was the exact thing Serling had spent his career avoiding?
Essay Topic 3
Buck Houghton joins Serling's team as the producer.
Part 1) Who is Buck Houghton? How did people think of him?
Part 2) How much influence did Houghton have on the show?
Part 3) How different was the show after Houghton left? Why? How different might the show have been if he had never been a part of Serling's team? Use the text to support your response.
This section contains 1,319 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)