|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The show's creator was working on a screenplay adaptation for what?
2. How might Serling's time working on this screenplay be described?
3. Was "Miniature" much like "The Thirteenth Mannequin?"
4. The fourth season of "The Twilight Zone" brought what?
5. The story was written by Montgomery Pittman, who had previously directed what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first episode of the third season.
2. What did followers do to show their loyalty to "The Twilight Zone"?
3. Describe "A Game of Pool".
4. Describe "Once Upon a Time".
5. What is a major bonus for the producers?
6. Who wrote "Two"? What is intriguing about this story?
7. Describe "Nervous Man in a Four Dollar Room."
8. How important was "The Twilight Zone" by the end of the third season?
9. What was unique about the interest of major stars in this series?
10. How did Houghton feel about working with Buster Keaton? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Celebrities were interested in "The Twilight Zone".
Part 1) Why were celebrities interested? How does their interest affect viewers?
Part 2) What was both good and bad about celebrity interest? Why?
Part 3) Does this happen with shows today? If so, when? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Houghton refers to "Walking Distance" as one of the best shows created in "The Twilight Zone".
Part 1) Describe "Walking Distance." Why did Houghton consider it one of the best?
Part 2) How does this episode compare to others?
Part 3) What is your favorite episode about which you have read? Why?
Essay Topic 3
"Twilight Zone" lost some of its appeal in the fifth season.
Part 1) How did it lose some of its appeal?
Part 2) What could have been done, or not done, to keep the show from losing its appeal?
Part 3) Could the show have been saved and possibly revamped to entice viewers? If so, how? If not, why not?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)