|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Corrigan returns, what has happened to William?
2. Pittman manages to turn a volatile situation into ________________ tale.
3. What had CBS inadvertently changed?
4. What did some fans even invent?
5. This janitor is disgruntled over the high prices of 1890 and decides to utilize a time travel helmet to send himself forward to what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did this lawsuit affect "Miniature"?
2. How was Serling's career as a teacher harder than he imagined it would be?
3. What did followers do to show their loyalty to "The Twilight Zone"?
4. What was unique about the interest of major stars in this series?
5. How was Rod Serling feeling by the beginning of the third season?
6. What is a major bonus for the producers?
7. Describe "Once Upon a Time".
8. How important was "The Twilight Zone" by the end of the third season?
9. Describe "Nervous Man in a Four Dollar Room."
10. Describe "Mr. Dingle, The Strong."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Twilight Zone" lost its time slot for the fourth season.
Part 1) Why did it lose its slot? Why did CBS allow this to happen?
Part 2) Why did Serling not like ABC's offer and suggestions? Should he have switched networks? Why or why not?
Part 3) How did this lost time slot seriously affect "The Twilight Zone"?
Essay Topic 2
"Where Is Everybody?" was originally a very different story.
Part 1) What was the original plot? Why was it changed? How was it changed?
Part 2) Do you believe it should have been changed? Why or why not?
Part 3) Would the original script be aired today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
When the show was renewed, the format was changed.
Part 1) How was the format prior to the change? How was it changed?
Part 2) Why was the format prior to the change? Was this a good idea? Why or why not?
Part 3) Did this change last? Why or why not? How did changes affect the show?
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)