|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being discharged from the Army, Serling used the GI Bill to continue his education where?
2. How does Houghton refer to "Walking Distance?"
3. How does the hypochondriac die?
4. Why does the main character in this story attempt suicide?
5. How did some refer to Houghton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rod's experience in the Army.
2. How was "Playhouse 90" a good experience for Serling?
3. Why was the production of "Playhouse 90" difficult?
4. Describe Rod's personality.
5. What is the initial idea for "The Time Element?" Why is it rejected?
6. Why were the executives worried about buying "The Twilight Zone" as a serial?
7. What is the purpose of this book?
8. Describe "The Lonely."
9. What did Rod do after being discharged from the Army?
10. What is one of the first jobs for Houghton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Houghton refers to "Walking Distance" as one of the best shows created in "The Twilight Zone".
Part 1) Describe "Walking Distance." Why did Houghton consider it one of the best?
Part 2) How does this episode compare to others?
Part 3) What is your favorite episode about which you have read? Why?
Essay Topic 2
"Miniature" never aired.
Part 1) Describe "Miniature". Why was it never aired?
Part 2) How might the public response have been if it had aired? How does this make the situation involving its inability to be aired even more sad?
Part 3) Why might this other writer have been upset by "Miniature"?
Essay Topic 3
Celebrities were interested in "The Twilight Zone".
Part 1) Why were celebrities interested? How does their interest affect viewers?
Part 2) What was both good and bad about celebrity interest? Why?
Part 3) Does this happen with shows today? If so, when? If not, why not?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)