|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the show end up off the air?
(a) CBS inserted a new show into "The Twilight Zone" time slot.
(b) CBS cancelled it.
(c) Serling had it pulled from the air.
(d) CBS sold it to ABC.
2. When Mr. Dingle discovers his new-found strength, what does he begin to do?
(a) He secretly uses it.
(b) He buys a costume to camouflage his identity.
(c) Tries to hide it.
(d) Exhibits the power by performing a variety of tricks.
3. As the second season of "The Twilight Zone" prepared for its debut, it was clear that the show had found what?
(a) An unsure audience.
(b) Young writers.
(c) A new producer.
(d) A loyal audience.
4. "Nervous Man in a Four Dollar Room" revolves around who?
(a) 34-year-old Mr. Joe Gibson.
(b) 34-year-old Mr. Chris Vivolo.
(c) 34-year-old Mr. Jackie Rhoades.
(d) 34-year-old Mr. Roger Jones.
5. Serling noted that one begins to borrow from whom?
(c) The executives.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first show of the second season was what?
2. By the beginning of the third season, what was happening to Rod Serling?
3. At what is "Mr. Dingle, The Strong" an attempt?
4. To when is Corrigan taken back in time?
5. The story was written by Montgomery Pittman, who had previously directed what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Rod Serling feeling by the beginning of the third season?
2. How did this lawsuit affect "Miniature"?
3. What does CBS decide at the end of the fourth season?
4. What is disappointing about "Miniature"?
5. What other duties did Serling have that added to his fatigue?
6. How did Houghton feel about working with Buster Keaton? Why?
7. Describe "A Game of Pool".
8. How was "The Twilight Zone" changed for the fourth season?
9. Describe "Once Upon a Time".
10. Describe "Nervous Man in a Four Dollar Room."
This section contains 1,292 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)