|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Houghton note that the CBS executives were becoming increasingly concerned?
(a) The budget.
(b) Story ideas.
(c) The set.
2. By the beginning of the third season, what was happening to Rod Serling?
(a) He did not want to work in the television industry.
(b) He no longer liked his production team.
(c) He was tired of writing scripts.
(d) He was suffering from fatigue.
3. The story revolves around winning and losing and being careful what you wish for because __________________.
(a) You will not get it.
(b) You will get it.
(c) You might not get it.
(d) You might get it.
4. Who takes Corrigan into custody?
(a) Mr. Wilson.
(b) Mr. Wellington.
(c) Mr. Williams.
(d) Mr. Wendell.
5. As with many of Serling's tales, "Back There" deals with what?
(a) Time travel.
(b) Unusual characters.
(d) A single character.
Short Answer Questions
1. Perhaps the most disturbing episode of the second season is what?
2. Who was the new producer brought on board?
3. At the beginning of 1962, "The Twilight Zone" had been unable to find what?
4. It became obvious that by the end of the fourth season "Twilight Zone" had begun to do what?
5. How had the format been changed again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was "The Twilight Zone" changed for the fourth season?
2. Describe "Nervous Man in a Four Dollar Room."
3. Describe "Once Upon a Time".
4. How did this lawsuit affect "Miniature"?
5. Describe the first episode of the third season.
6. How did Houghton feel about working with Buster Keaton? Why?
7. What was unique about the interest of major stars in this series?
8. What is disappointing about "Miniature"?
9. What is a major bonus for the producers?
10. How was Rod Serling feeling by the beginning of the third season?
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)