|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Miniature" was written by whom?
(a) Charles Beaumont.
(b) Bob Serling.
(c) Buck Houghton.
(d) Rod Serling.
2. About what is "The Thirteenth Mannequin?"
(a) A young woman who has a relationship with a store mannequin.
(b) A man who falls in love with a doll in a museum.
(c) A woman who falls in love with a doll in a museum.
(d) An old man who has a relationship with a store mannequin.
3. Who has decided to give Mr. Dingle the strength of 300 men?
(a) The Devil.
(b) His mother.
(c) A two-headed Martian.
4. When Charley is released from the asylum, where does he go?
(a) To work.
(b) To the museum.
(c) To the park.
(d) To his home.
5. Perhaps the most disturbing episode of the second season is what?
(b) The Lonely.
(d) Long Distance Call.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charley feel when he sees a beautiful mechanical doll seated at a miniature harpsichord playing Mozart's Piano Sonata in A Major?
2. Serling noted that one begins to borrow from whom?
3. Did Serling get a break from writing for the show while teaching at Antioch College?
4. What does Charley Parkes do every day?
5. The show was finally renewed, but what was changed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did this lawsuit affect "Miniature"?
2. What is a major bonus for the producers?
3. What did followers do to show their loyalty to "The Twilight Zone"?
4. How was "The Twilight Zone" changed for the fourth season?
5. Describe the first episode of the third season.
6. Describe "Mr. Dingle, The Strong."
7. What was unique about the interest of major stars in this series?
8. Describe "Once Upon a Time".
9. What other duties did Serling have that added to his fatigue?
10. How was Serling's career as a teacher harder than he imagined it would be?
This section contains 1,306 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)