|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charley Parkes do every day?
(a) He goes to a local museum to study the art and artifacts.
(b) He goes to a local musuem to get away from the rest of the world.
(c) He goes to a library to get away from the rest of the world.
(d) He goes to a library to learn Spanish.
2. A major bonus for the producers of the show was what?
(a) Many famous writers wanted to work on scripts.
(b) Serling was easy to work with.
(c) Major stars were eager to appear in one of Serling's bizarre tales.
(d) Audience members wanted to be in episodes for free.
3. As the second season debuted, many actors offered to appear on the show for how much?
(a) One fourth the price.
(b) Half the price.
(c) One third the price.
(d) The usual price.
4. The first episode of the third season was titled what?
5. When did the book MORE STORIES FROM THE TWILIGHT ZONE. written by Serling, go into its second printing?
(a) One month after its initial release.
(b) One week after its initial release.
(c) Two weeks after its initial release.
(d) Two months after its initial release.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is this attempted in "Mr. Dingle, The Strong?"
2. With what does Houghton note that the CBS executives were becoming increasingly concerned?
3. Pittman manages to turn a volatile situation into ________________ tale.
4. What lands Charley in an asylum?
5. How is this show about the B-52 bomber similar to previous shows?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "Back There."
2. Describe "Once Upon a Time".
3. What other duties did Serling have that added to his fatigue?
4. How was "The Twilight Zone" changed for the fourth season?
5. What does CBS decide at the end of the fourth season?
6. How was Serling's career as a teacher harder than he imagined it would be?
7. Who wrote "Two"? What is intriguing about this story?
8. How did this lawsuit affect "Miniature"?
9. What is the first show of the second season? Describe this show.
10. How was Rod Serling feeling by the beginning of the third season?
This section contains 1,502 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)