|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what position was Buck Houghton suggested?
(b) Acting coach.
2. When was Rod Serling born?
(a) Christmas Eve 1924.
(b) Christmas Day 1924.
(c) Easter 1924.
(d) Good Friday 1924.
3. What did executives think about Serling's new script?
(a) They thought it was too strange.
(b) They thought it was too predictable.
(c) They thought it was depressing.
(d) They thought it was too scary.
4. In order to gain his bearings, where does the psychiatrist go?
(a) A gym.
(b) A local bar.
(c) A corner mart.
(d) A gambling hall.
5. Why does this character admit to killing his wife?
(a) He wants others to know how powerful he is.
(b) He feels guilty about what he had done.
(c) He wants to feel the effects of the electric chair.
(d) He does not love her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After reading the show's script, how did the CBS executives feel about the premise of "The Twilight Zone?"
2. How did Serling feel as the censorship increased?
3. Who is Martin Sloan?
4. While in the service, Serling trained as what?
5. Around whom does "Escape Clause" revolve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "Walking Distance."
2. Describe Rod's experience in the Army.
3. What does Serling do over the next nine months?
4. What was Houghton's biggest concern for filming "The Lonely?"
5. Why does Houghton refer to "Walking Distance" as one of the best shows created in "The Twilight Zone?"
6. What task is Serling given, which is eventually delivered by him?
7. What is known about Rod Serling's family?
8. How was "Playhouse 90" a good experience for Serling?
9. What does Serling have to do now that this first episode appeared on the "Desilu Playhouse?" Why?
10. Why was Serling asked to write another script?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)