|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would eventually deliver the opening narration?
2. Serling went into freelance writing, an occupation that was what?
(b) Unsteady at best.
(c) Very high-paying.
3. In the dream, Jenson attempts to warn people about what?
(a) The impending attack on Pearl Harbor.
(b) The impending war in the Pacific.
(c) The impending war in Europe.
(d) The impending war in Korea.
4. Who was put in charge of the new series?
(a) Rod Serling.
(b) John Castagliola.
(c) Bill Self.
(d) Buck Houghton.
5. How does the hypochondriac die?
(a) Alcohol poisoning.
(c) A drug overdose.
(d) A heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being discharged from the Army, Serling used the GI Bill to continue his education where?
2. Serling had written a number of __________ before and during college and had hopes of seeing one or more of those works come to fruition.
3. When did the Serlings move to Binghamton, New York?
4. When were Serling and his fiancee married?
5. How does this character strike a deal with the Devil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What task is Serling given, which is eventually delivered by him?
2. What were the contractual agreements made by Serling?
3. What does Serling do over the next nine months?
4. What does Serling have to do now that this first episode appeared on the "Desilu Playhouse?" Why?
5. Describe "Walking Distance."
6. What is the initial idea for "The Time Element?" Why is it rejected?
7. Describe "The Lonely."
8. Describe Rod's experience in the Army.
9. Describe Rod's personality.
10. What was Houghton's biggest concern for filming "The Lonely?"
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)