|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dream, Jenson attempts to warn people about what?
(a) The impending attack on Pearl Harbor.
(b) The impending war in the Pacific.
(c) The impending war in Europe.
(d) The impending war in Korea.
2. To what do some surmise Serling's military experience was the beginning?
(a) His interest in science fiction.
(b) His interest in war.
(c) His lifelong battle with CBS.
(d) His lifelong battle with nightmares and depression.
3. Who was put in charge of the new series?
(a) Bill Self.
(b) Buck Houghton.
(c) John Castagliola.
(d) Rod Serling.
4. What does Jenson do about his recurring dream?
(a) He tries to forget it.
(b) He visits a priest.
(c) He visits his mother.
(d) He visits a psychiatrist.
5. How does Houghton feel about joining Serling's team?
Short Answer Questions
1. "There is a sixth dimension beyond that which is ______________. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity."
2. What story revolves around a man serving a 50-year sentence for murder on an isolated asteroid?
3. How does the hypochondriac die?
4. In order to gain his bearings, where does the psychiatrist go?
5. In 1946, Serling met who?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Serling do over the next nine months?
2. What was Houghton's biggest concern for filming "The Lonely?"
3. What is the idea behind the final script for "The Time Element?"
4. What did Serling do in Cincinnati?
5. Describe "Escape Clause."
6. Why was Serling able to break into television?
7. Describe Serling's relationship with Carolyn Louise Kramer.
8. Who does Rod want to be the show's producer? Who becomes the producer? Why?
9. Why was the production of "Playhouse 90" difficult?
10. Describe Rod's personality.
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)