|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pete Jenson in this first episode?
(a) A part-time successful bookie and bartender.
(b) A part-time unsuccessful bookie and bartender.
(c) A part-time unsuccssful coach and bartender.
(d) A part-time successful coach and bartender.
2. How does the hypochondriac die?
(b) Alcohol poisoning.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A drug overdose.
3. After the first year, Serling changed from physical education to what?
(b) Literature and language.
4. Who was put in charge of the new series?
(a) Bill Self.
(b) John Castagliola.
(c) Rod Serling.
(d) Buck Houghton.
5. What script told the story of an amnesiac who is unable to find another living person in a small town?.
(a) Where are you?
(b) Where is Everybody?
(c) Where Am I?
(d) Who am I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Since "The Time Element" had already appeared on the "Desilu Playhouse," what was Serling required to do?
2. Fortunately for Serling, ____________________ was still a relatively new medium.
3. The positive response convinced CBS executives to do what?
4. Serling's older brother Bob often jokes that the family could not get Rod to do what?
5. How did Serling feel as the censorship increased?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Serling's relationship with Carolyn Louise Kramer.
2. Describe "Walking Distance."
3. What is the original opening narration?
4. What did Serling do in Cincinnati?
5. What is the initial idea for "The Time Element?" Why is it rejected?
6. What is one of the first jobs for Houghton?
7. What is the purpose of this book?
8. What does the psychiatrist do after being shook up by his session with Pete Jenson? What does the psychiatrist learn?
9. Why was the production of "Playhouse 90" difficult?
10. Why were the executives worried about buying "The Twilight Zone" as a serial?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)