|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did executives from the networks heavily censor the show's scripts?
(a) In order to placate sponsors.
(b) In order to placate the viewers.
(c) In order to be politically correct.
(d) In order to attract sponsors.
2. What did Bob and Rod both like?
(a) Acting in plays and musical.
(b) Reading and acting out science fiction pulps.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Camping and fishing.
3. One of the episodes sponsored by the Ford Motor Company required that what be done?
(a) The Chrysler Building be blacked out of the skyline because the two companies were competitors.
(b) The name Ford must be mentioned one hundred times.
(c) The president of the Ford company must be a guest actor.
(d) A Ford car be found in every scene.
4. Where did Houghton decide to film the show?
(a) In the Smoky Mountains.
(b) In Death Valley.
(c) In the Grand Canyon.
(d) In Yellow Stone.
5. While in the service, Serling trained as what?
(a) A wrestler.
(b) A cook.
(c) A writer.
(d) A boxer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Around whom does "Escape Clause" revolve?
2. For what position was Buck Houghton suggested?
3. Serling would maintain what percent ownership of the series, plus the original films?
4. Who was the man's only company on this asteroid?
5. What was one of the first jobs assigned to Houghton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the original opening narration?
2. Why was the production of "Playhouse 90" difficult?
3. Why were the executives worried about buying "The Twilight Zone" as a serial?
4. How was "Playhouse 90" a negative experience?
5. What is known about Rod Serling's family?
6. What is the purpose of this book?
7. What does Serling do over the next nine months?
8. Why does Houghton refer to "Walking Distance" as one of the best shows created in "The Twilight Zone?"
9. Describe "Walking Distance."
10. What did Rod do after being discharged from the Army?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)