|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in the service, Serling trained as what?
(a) A boxer.
(b) A wrestler.
(c) A cook.
(d) A writer.
2. How does the hypochondriac die?
(a) A heart attack.
(c) Alcohol poisoning.
(d) A drug overdose.
3. After reading the show's script, how did the CBS executives feel about the premise of "The Twilight Zone?"
4. When was Rod Serling born?
(a) Easter 1924.
(b) Christmas Day 1924.
(c) Good Friday 1924.
(d) Christmas Eve 1924.
5. In the dream, Jenson attempts to warn people about what?
(a) The impending war in Europe.
(b) The impending attack on Pearl Harbor.
(c) The impending war in the Pacific.
(d) The impending war in Korea.
Short Answer Questions
1. This series was intended to bring what?
2. What would eventually become synonymous with "The Twilight Zone?"
3. Serling went into freelance writing, an occupation that was what?
4. Serling was encouraged to do what?
5. To what do some surmise Serling's military experience was the beginning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of this book?
2. Why was Serling asked to write another script?
3. What does Serling do over the next nine months?
4. Why was the production of "Playhouse 90" difficult?
5. Describe Rod's experience in the Army.
6. How was "Playhouse 90" a negative experience?
7. What was Houghton's biggest concern for filming "The Lonely?"
8. How was "Playhouse 90" a good experience for Serling?
9. Why was Serling able to break into television?
10. What does the psychiatrist do after being shook up by his session with Pete Jenson? What does the psychiatrist learn?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)