|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had the format been changed again?
(a) From an hour-long show back to the half hour format.
(b) From a half hour show back to the hour-long format.
(c) From a half hour show to a two-hour long mini-series.
(d) From an hour-long show to a two-hour long mini-series.
2. The premise of this first story is that a B-25 bomber falls out of the sky to land where?
(a) In Africa.
(b) In India.
(c) In China.
(d) In Australia.
3. Serling was beginning to discover that the ideas ____________________ they had before the show began.
(a) Did not come as fast as.
(b) Were not as good as.
(c) Came faster than.
(d) Were better than.
4. When Corrigan returns, what has happened to William?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is poor.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He has disappeared.
5. How many of the 68 scripts had Rod written?
6. At the end of the fourth season, what did CBS decide to do, regarding "Twilight Zone?"
(a) Cancel it.
(b) Renew it for one more year.
(c) Renew it for two more years.
(d) Renew it for five more years.
7. When Mr. Dingle discovers his new-found strength, what does he begin to do?
(a) Exhibits the power by performing a variety of tricks.
(b) He buys a costume to camouflage his identity.
(c) He secretly uses it.
(d) Tries to hide it.
8. A major bonus for the producers of the show was what?
(a) Many famous writers wanted to work on scripts.
(b) Major stars were eager to appear in one of Serling's bizarre tales.
(c) Serling was easy to work with.
(d) Audience members wanted to be in episodes for free.
9. The story revolves around winning and losing and being careful what you wish for because __________________.
(a) You might get it.
(b) You might not get it.
(c) You will not get it.
(d) You will get it.
10. At the beginning of 1962, "The Twilight Zone" had been unable to find what?
(a) A sponsor for the fourth season until the last minute.
(b) New writers for the fourth season.
(c) New actors for the fourth season.
(d) A good time slot for the fourth season.
11. The show was finally renewed, but what was changed?
(a) The format.
(b) The actors.
(c) The writers.
(d) The type of plots.
12. When the doctor and Charley's family arrive at the museum, what do they find?
(a) One minitiature figure in the dollhouse.
(b) Two miniature figures in the dollhouse.
(c) No miniature figures in the dollhouse.
(d) Three miniature figures in the dollhouse.
13. Houghton eventually took a job with Four Star Productions. Fearing that the show would not be renewed, Serling took a job as what?
(a) An instructor at Ohio University.
(b) An instructor at Akron University.
(c) An instructor at The Ohio State University.
(d) An instructor at Antioch College.
14. With whom is this attempted in "Mr. Dingle, The Strong?"
(a) Joe Flynn and David Wayne.
(b) Jackson Pollock and Piet Mondrian.
(c) Dick Young and Ronny Howard.
(d) Burgess Meredith and Don Rickles.
15. About what is "The Thirteenth Mannequin?"
(a) An old man who has a relationship with a store mannequin.
(b) A woman who falls in love with a doll in a museum.
(c) A man who falls in love with a doll in a museum.
(d) A young woman who has a relationship with a store mannequin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Perhaps the most disturbing episode of the second season is what?
2. The first episode of the third season was titled what?
3. By the end of the third season, "The Twilight Zone" had become what?
4. As the second season debuted, many actors offered to appear on the show for how much?
5. Did Serling get a break from writing for the show while teaching at Antioch College?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)