|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were Serling and his fiancee married?
2. Who was put in charge of the new series?
(a) Buck Houghton.
(b) Bill Self.
(c) John Castagliola.
(d) Rod Serling.
3. When did the Serlings move to Binghamton, New York?
(a) Shortly before Rod's first birthday.
(b) Shortly after Rod's first birthday.
(c) Shortly after Rod's birth.
(d) Shortly before Rod's birth.
4. Who is Pete Jenson in this first episode?
(a) A part-time unsuccessful bookie and bartender.
(b) A part-time successful coach and bartender.
(c) A part-time successful bookie and bartender.
(d) A part-time unsuccssful coach and bartender.
5. After graduation, the Serlings moved where?
6. What does "Mr. Denton on Doomsday" detail?
(a) The life of Al Denton, a cowboy turned actor.
(b) The life of Al Denton, a corporate lawyer.
(c) The life of Al Denton, a feared gunslinger-turned town drunk.
(d) The life of Al Denton, a school teacher turned priest.
7. What was one way in which producers accomplished the goal mentioned in #26?
(a) They hired famous directors and writers.
(b) They spent a great deal of money on the sets.
(c) They spent a large amount of money on advertising.
(d) They hired major stars.
8. Does anyone believe the premonition?
(b) Yes, most people.
(c) Yes, everyone.
(d) Yes, only a few people.
9. CBS would own the remaining what percent of the show?
10. What was the main objection of television executives?
(a) The Time Element and similar scripts were boring.
(b) The Time Element and similar scripts required celebrity actors.
(c) The Time Element and similar scripts were expensive.
(d) The Time Element and similar scripts were left open ended.
11. Who was the man's only company on this asteroid?
(a) A picture of his wife.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A robot designed to look and behave like a human woman.
(d) A volleyball.
12. After completing basic training, Sterling was sent in to combat where?
(a) The Indian.
(b) The Pacific.
(c) The Atlantic.
(d) The Mediterranean.
13. In 1956, Serling eventually landed a scriptwriting position for what?
(a) The sitcom series "Playhouse 90."
(b) The sci-fi series "Playhouse 90."
(c) The comedy series "Playhouse 90."
(d) The drama series "Playhouse 90."
14. CBS executives were finally on board with Serling's work and what happened?
(a) A contract was signed.
(b) A contract was considered.
(c) Serling wrote more scripts before he signed a contract.
(d) A contract was broken.
15. How does the hypochondriac die?
(a) Alcohol poisoning.
(b) A drug overdose.
(d) A heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Serlings' other son?
2. The positive response convinced CBS executives to do what?
3. How does Houghton refer to "Walking Distance?"
4. Serling's girlfriend recalls that Serling had a reputation of being what?
5. In order to gain his bearings, where does the psychiatrist go?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)