|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one way in which producers accomplished the goal mentioned in #26?
(a) They hired famous directors and writers.
(b) They hired major stars.
(c) They spent a great deal of money on the sets.
(d) They spent a large amount of money on advertising.
2. How did Serling feel as the censorship increased?
(a) He became more safe.
(b) He became more worried.
(c) He became more angry.
(d) He became more frustrated.
3. Around whom does "Escape Clause" revolve?
(a) Mr. Pete Jenson.
(b) Mr. Walter Bedeker.
(c) Mr. Al Denton.
(d) Mr. Sterling Hayden.
4. After being discharged from the Army, Serling used the GI Bill to continue his education where?
(a) Ohio University.
(b) The Ohio State University.
(c) Antioch College in Ohio.
(d) Akron University in Ohio.
5. What would eventually become synonymous with "The Twilight Zone?"
(a) Each script was scary.
(b) Each script was weird.
(c) Each script having a surprise ending.
(d) Each script was expensive.
6. Where was the filming of "The Lonely" completed?
(b) Warner Bros.
7. Who is Pete Jenson in this first episode?
(a) A part-time successful coach and bartender.
(b) A part-time unsuccessful bookie and bartender.
(c) A part-time unsuccssful coach and bartender.
(d) A part-time successful bookie and bartender.
8. What happens when the psychiatrist is startled awake?
(a) He knows that something is amiss.
(b) He looks at the clock on the wall.
(c) He is confused about where he is.
(d) He wonders where his patient went.
9. While in the service, Serling trained as what?
(a) A boxer.
(b) A cook.
(c) A writer.
(d) A wrestler.
10. Serling would be required to write what percent of the scripts for the show's first season?
(a) One hundred.
11. Why does this character admit to killing his wife?
(a) He feels guilty about what he had done.
(b) He does not love her.
(c) He wants others to know how powerful he is.
(d) He wants to feel the effects of the electric chair.
12. Why did executives from the networks heavily censor the show's scripts?
(a) In order to placate sponsors.
(b) In order to placate the viewers.
(c) In order to attract sponsors.
(d) In order to be politically correct.
13. After completing basic training, Sterling was sent in to combat where?
(a) The Pacific.
(b) The Atlantic.
(c) The Indian.
(d) The Mediterranean.
14. Serling's older brother Bob often jokes that the family could not get Rod to do what?
(a) Shut up.
15. Now that the series was on its way, Serling was given the task of doing what?
(a) Finding celebrities to be in his episodes.
(b) Rehearsing scenes with actors.
(c) Writing the opening narration.
(d) Hiring actors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Executives were dead set against buying "The Twilight Zone" as a serial and were eventually convinced to take on the series by whom?
2. Rod resided in Binghamto until he joined the Army at what age?
3. "This is the dimension of ______________."
4. To what do some surmise Serling's military experience was the beginning?
5. For what position was Buck Houghton suggested?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)