|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven: The Fifth Season 1963-1964, Part Eight: After The Twilight Zone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the show end up off the air?
(a) CBS inserted a new show into "The Twilight Zone" time slot.
(b) CBS sold it to ABC.
(c) Serling had it pulled from the air.
(d) CBS cancelled it.
2. The production of the story was expensive. Did this prove to be worth it?
(b) Not at first.
3. How did Serling feel as the censorship increased?
(a) He became more frustrated.
(b) He became more angry.
(c) He became more worried.
(d) He became more safe.
4. When Mr. Dingle decides to perform for a live television audience, what happens?
(a) The audience fears him.
(b) His additional strength is taken away.
(c) He destroys the set.
(d) He becomes very popular.
5. To what do some surmise Serling's military experience was the beginning?
(a) His interest in war.
(b) His interest in science fiction.
(c) His lifelong battle with CBS.
(d) His lifelong battle with nightmares and depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main objection of television executives?
2. CBS executives were finally on board with Serling's work and what happened?
3. By the beginning of the third season, what was happening to Rod Serling?
4. " It is a __________ ground between light and shadow, and it lies between the pit of man's fear and the sunlight of his knowledge."
5. Serling won what award for this show?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)