|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: The Third Season 1961-1962.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Serling joked that when he heard ____________________ refer to "the twilight zone in diplomacy," the writer knew that the show had arrived.
(a) The Vice President of the United States.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) The Secretary of State.
(d) The First Lady.
2. How many of the 68 scripts had Rod written?
3. After the first year, Serling changed from physical education to what?
(c) Literature and language.
4. Who would eventually deliver the opening narration?
5. The American Tobacco Company became the new sponsor of the series, replacing who?
(a) General Foods.
(b) General Mills.
(c) The General.
(d) Key Foods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eventually, "The Time Element" would end up as _______________ the pilot episode of "The Twilight Zone."
2. Serling had written a number of __________ before and during college and had hopes of seeing one or more of those works come to fruition.
3. In 1953, when Serling's work appeared on television, how did the critics respond?
4. Who was the man's only company on this asteroid?
5. With what does Houghton note that the CBS executives were becoming increasingly concerned?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)