|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The First Season 1959-1960.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the episodes sponsored by the Ford Motor Company required that what be done?
(a) The name Ford must be mentioned one hundred times.
(b) The president of the Ford company must be a guest actor.
(c) The Chrysler Building be blacked out of the skyline because the two companies were competitors.
(d) A Ford car be found in every scene.
2. Where did Houghton decide to film the show?
(a) In Death Valley.
(b) In Yellow Stone.
(c) In the Grand Canyon.
(d) In the Smoky Mountains.
3. Rod enlisted in what U.S. Army division?
(a) 3rd Infantry Division.
(b) 21st Cavalry Division.
(c) 13th Airborne Division.
(d) 11th Airborne Division.
4. How might Rod Serling be described?
(a) Nervous and angry.
(b) Unhappy and depressed.
(c) Shy and quiet.
(d) Attractive and articulate.
5. After being discharged from the Army, Serling used the GI Bill to continue his education where?
(a) Akron University in Ohio.
(b) Antioch College in Ohio.
(c) The Ohio State University.
(d) Ohio University.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what position was Buck Houghton suggested?
2. How does Houghton refer to "Walking Distance?"
3. What does Serling continue to stress is the point of "The Twilight Zone?"
4. What was the main objection of television executives?
5. Who would eventually deliver the opening narration?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)