|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Rod Serling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Serling went into freelance writing, an occupation that was what?
(a) Unsteady at best.
(b) Very high-paying.
2. In 1953, when Serling's work appeared on television, how did the critics respond?
(b) There was very little response.
(c) They raved over his work.
(d) They thought his work was mediocre.
3. Serling eventually became involved in writing scripts for what?
(a) The radio.
4. The position enabled Serling to gain a reputation as what?
(a) A comedic scriptwriter.
(b) An unusual scriptwriter.
(c) A solid and talented scriptwriter.
(d) A mediocre scriptwriter.
5. Fortunately for Serling, ____________________ was still a relatively new medium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Serling had written a number of __________ before and during college and had hopes of seeing one or more of those works come to fruition.
2. After being discharged from the Army, Serling used the GI Bill to continue his education where?
3. Why did executives from the networks heavily censor the show's scripts?
4. This series was intended to bring what?
5. How might Rod Serling be described?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)