|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Rod Serling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Serling went into freelance writing, an occupation that was what?
(c) Unsteady at best.
(d) Very high-paying.
2. After being discharged from the Army, Serling used the GI Bill to continue his education where?
(a) Ohio University.
(b) Akron University in Ohio.
(c) The Ohio State University.
(d) Antioch College in Ohio.
3. One of the episodes sponsored by the Ford Motor Company required that what be done?
(a) A Ford car be found in every scene.
(b) The name Ford must be mentioned one hundred times.
(c) The president of the Ford company must be a guest actor.
(d) The Chrysler Building be blacked out of the skyline because the two companies were competitors.
4. How did Serling feel as the censorship increased?
(a) He became more safe.
(b) He became more worried.
(c) He became more angry.
(d) He became more frustrated.
5. In 1953, when Serling's work appeared on television, how did the critics respond?
(b) They raved over his work.
(c) They thought his work was mediocre.
(d) There was very little response.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were Serling and his fiancee married?
2. Serling eventually became involved in writing scripts for what?
3. While in the service, Serling trained as what?
4. The position enabled Serling to gain a reputation as what?
5. Serling's older brother Bob often jokes that the family could not get Rod to do what?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)