|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Second Season 1960-1961.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Serling had written a number of __________ before and during college and had hopes of seeing one or more of those works come to fruition.
2. CBS executives were finally on board with Serling's work and what happened?
(a) A contract was broken.
(b) A contract was considered.
(c) Serling wrote more scripts before he signed a contract.
(d) A contract was signed.
3. Who was put in charge of the new series?
(a) Buck Houghton.
(b) Bill Self.
(c) Rod Serling.
(d) John Castagliola.
4. Why does the main character in this story attempt suicide?
(a) He wants to show the Devil that he could die.
(b) He feels hopeless.
(c) He wants to die.
(d) He is fascinated with the fact that he is unable to die.
5. Is the story of the bomber based on true fact?
(c) Very little.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serling continue to stress is the point of "The Twilight Zone?"
2. Over the next nine months Serling wrote _______ scripts, each falling into one of three basic categories: fantasy, science fiction, and horror.
3. What was one of the first jobs assigned to Houghton?
4. For what position was Buck Houghton suggested?
5. Who would eventually deliver the opening narration?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)