Part One: Rod Serling
• Rod Serling was born on Christmas Day, 1924, to Samuel Serling and Esther Cooper Serling.
• The Serlings had one other son, Robert, who was born seven years prior. The Serlings moved to Binghamton, New York, shortly after Rod's birth, where he lived until he joined the Army at age 18.
• Although Bob and Rod were seven years apart, the two were very close and spent a great deal of time together.
• Although only 5'4", Rod Serling was considered to be an attractive, articulate, and confident kid; he was also known to be outspoken.
• The day after Rod graduated high school, he enlisted in the U.S. Army 11th Airborne Division as a paratrooper.
• After completing basic training, Sterling was sent in to combat in the Pacific where he was eventually injured and hospitalized.
• Serling used the GI Bill to continue his education at Antioch College in...
This section contains 2,716 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)