|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nero banish Otho when Otho falls in love with his mistress?
2. What was on the tree where the eagle took the entrails Galba was holding?
3. Because he was a wild child, Otho was often what?
4. On what day of the month is Otho born?
5. Vitellius is admired by many of the previous Caesars for his skill at what?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Galba have his first public appointment?
2. When do Vespasian's feeling about being unprepared to lead go away?
3. How does Otho get to be Nero's confidant?
4. What does the eagle do when Galba is with his grandfather?
5. Why does Galba remain inactive in his governorship?
6. When does Vespasian have time for his friends?
7. What does Otho do to drunken wanderers?
8. What is Galba given for his military achievements in Africa.
9. Where do Otho's troops think they are going to, when he sends them out of Rome?
10. Why does the population have a good opinion of Vitellius?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"I came, I saw, I conquered," is Julius Caesar's famous saying. How does that saying represent his time as Caesar? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the governing styles of Julius and Augustus. Which Caesar governed the Empire most effectively and why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the way three of the Caesars provided things for the citizens and the purpose behind providing things for the citizens. Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)