|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. People believe that Otho killed whom so that Rome's liberty and government could be restored?
2. How many times does Otho stab himself before he dies?
3. According to rumor, where is Vitellius planning to transfer the troops in Germany?
4. Who is Vologaesus?
5. Galba is skilled in what practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to townships that are slow to receive Galba as Emperor?
2. How does Nero try to strengthen his voice?
3. What does Vespasian do in Britain when Claudius is Emperor?
4. Where do Otho's troops think they are going to, when he sends them out of Rome?
5. What is irrational about Nero's preparations when Galba is bringing troops to Rome?
6. Why does Nero set parts of Rome on fire?
7. How did Vitellius kill a person who asked him for water?
8. What is believed to have happened when Augustus saw Galba as a little boy?
9. How does Otho get to be Nero's confidant?
10. When does Vespasian have time for his friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of the Caesars were known to be mentally ill. Were all of the Caesars mentally ill, even the ones the author does not state were mentally ill? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the way three of the Caesars provided things for the citizens and the purpose behind providing things for the citizens. Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using the book to support your answer: explain the role of the military in choosing a new Caesar and in the reign of a Caesar.
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)