|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Otho stab himself in order to commit suicide?
2. To where are Nero's two foreign tours planned?
3. Vespasian tours Greece with what Caesar?
4. Nero knows he cannot beat the Gauls and so he tears what?
5. What does Nero have which makes it hard for him to perform?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the population have a good opinion of Vitellius?
2. Why does Galba remain inactive in his governorship?
3. What is believed to have happened when Augustus saw Galba as a little boy?
4. What does Otho do to drunken wanderers?
5. What happens during the eighth month of his reign?
6. What does the eagle do when Galba is with his grandfather?
7. What is the reaction of the Roman citizens to Nero's death?
8. Why does Otho commit suicide?
9. How did Vespasian offend Nero?
10. When does Galba have his first public appointment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, answer the following question: What role do women have in the lives and reigns of the Caesars?
Essay Topic 2
Some of the Caesars were known to be mentally ill. Were all of the Caesars mentally ill, even the ones the author does not state were mentally ill? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using evidence from the book to answer the following question: explain whether the civil wars were beneficial for the Roman citizens.
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)