|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many archers does Vologaesus promise Vespasian?
2. After an omen saying there will be a civil war, what brings a human hand to Vespasian?
3. Vitellius spends his childhood as one of Tiberius's what?
4. Vitellius killed a perosn who asked him for a glass of what?
5. In what month was Vespasian born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the population have a good opinion of Vitellius?
2. Before killing themselves, what do the soldiers call Otho?
3. What is irrational about Nero's preparations when Galba is bringing troops to Rome?
4. How does Otho get to be Nero's confidant?
5. When does Galba have his first public appointment?
6. Why does Nero set parts of Rome on fire?
7. What does Vespasian do in Britain when Claudius is Emperor?
8. What does the eagle do when Galba is with his grandfather?
9. What is the reaction of the Roman citizens to Nero's death?
10. What does Nero study in his music lessons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, explain how the Roman Empire changes, or didn't change, under the various Caesars.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the way three of the Caesars provided things for the citizens and the purpose behind providing things for the citizens. Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Explain, using examples from the book, the purpose of the government under the Caesars.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)