|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did Galba grant applications for Roman citizenship?
2. Vitellius was a knight and steward to whom?
3. Nero took Poppaea from her husband to be what?
4. Vitellius is Governor of what location?
5. In what month is Otho born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nero try to strengthen his voice?
2. What is one of the games Nero plays at night when he makes the rounds of the taverns?
3. How did Vitellius kill a person who asked him for water?
4. What do Otho's friends do when Galba and Piso are killed?
5. Before killing themselves, what do the soldiers call Otho?
6. What does the eagle do when Galba is with his grandfather?
7. When does Vespasian have time for his friends?
8. What is Galba given for his military achievements in Africa.
9. Why does Nero set parts of Rome on fire?
10. Why does Otho commit suicide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"I came, I saw, I conquered," is Julius Caesar's famous saying. How does that saying represent his time as Caesar? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of omens in the various Caesars' reigns? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain, using examples from the book, the purpose of the government under the Caesars.
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)