|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Claudius is interested in keeping the city what?
2. When Gaius is short on cash, what does he do?
3. A group of ______ try to kill Claudius after the commoner fails.
4. Claudius was never expected to be a Caesar because people said he was what?
5. What theatre does Gaius complete construction on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Tiberius and his mother.
2. What does Claudius do that none of the other Caesars have done before him?
3. When does Tiberius interfere in state matters?
4. What is the peculiar method Caesar uses to raise the morale of his men?
5. Why does Gaius never sleep for more than three hours a night?
6. Why does Augustus create new governmental offices?
7. What does Gaius do when he is short on cash?
8. What kinds of things did Gaius invent?
9. Why do people think Claudius was poisoned?
10. What measures does Caesar take to win the esteem of kings and other authorities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the governing styles of Julius and Augustus. Which Caesar governed the Empire most effectively and why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Many of the titles given to the various Caesars started with "Father." Why is this important? Use examples from the book in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer, explain why being a priest, or holding priesthoods, was important for the Caesars.
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)