|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Augustus deliver his speeches?
2. Who does Tiberius let invade Gaul?
3. What title does Tiberius decline to be called?
4. What lake does Claudius drain during his reign?
5. Where does Tiberius retire after his son dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes does Caesar make to the calendar?
2. What does Gaius do when he is short on cash?
3. What measures does Caesar take to win the esteem of kings and other authorities?
4. What kinds of things did Gaius invent?
5. Who are some of the women Caesar had affairs with?
6. What happens when Tiberius's son dies?
7. What does Augustus do when Caesar goes to fight Pompey's sons in Spain?
8. Why does Augustus create new governmental offices?
9. What does Augustus say when the people and Senate agree to give him the title, " Father of the Country?"
10. Why does Gaius never sleep for more than three hours a night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select one Caesar from the book and explain why his downfall was the worst and what caused his downfall. Use evidence from the book in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What makes a good leader? Which Caesar was the best leader? Why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the governing styles of Julius and Augustus. Which Caesar governed the Empire most effectively and why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)