|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A group of ______ try to kill Claudius after the commoner fails.
2. Who does Julius partner with to stand for a consulship?
3. What temple project of Tiberius' does Gaius complete?
4. Why does Augustus banish his daughter?
5. What does Gaius go to fetch after giving a heartfelt speech at Tiberius' funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things does Tiberius neglect when he returns to Caprae from Campania?
2. What is the peculiar method Caesar uses to raise the morale of his men?
3. Why does Gaius never sleep for more than three hours a night?
4. Why is Claudius never expected to be a Caesar?
5. What does Augustus say when the people and Senate agree to give him the title, " Father of the Country?"
6. Why are Tiberius's speeches considered bad?
7. Why does Augustus create new governmental offices?
8. What does Gaius do for the people who were exiled?
9. Describe Augustus as a speaker.
10. What does Caesar leave the public in his will?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using evidence from the book to answer the following question: explain whether the civil wars were beneficial for the Roman citizens.
Essay Topic 2
"I came, I saw, I conquered," is Julius Caesar's famous saying. How does that saying represent his time as Caesar? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What makes a good leader? Which Caesar was the best leader? Why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)