|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the news reaches Rome that Tiberius has died, what happens in Rome?
2. How did Gaius die?
3. Who was Claudius's father?
4. How is Agrippa related to Augustus?
5. How does Augustus deliver his speeches?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gaius never sleep for more than three hours a night?
2. How does Gaius get the surname of Caligula?
3. Why do people think Claudius was poisoned?
4. Describe the relationship between Tiberius and his mother.
5. What measures does Caesar take to win the esteem of kings and other authorities?
6. What does Gaius do for the people who were exiled?
7. Who are some of the women Caesar had affairs with?
8. What changes does Augustus make to the calendar?
9. Why are Tiberius's speeches considered bad?
10. What things does Tiberius neglect when he returns to Caprae from Campania?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, explain how the Roman Empire changes, or didn't change, under the various Caesars.
Essay Topic 2
Explain, using examples from the book, the purpose of the government under the Caesars.
Essay Topic 3
Using the book to support your answer: explain the role of the military in choosing a new Caesar and in the reign of a Caesar.
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)