|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Antony go when he tries to escape Augustus?
2. What is struck by lightning on the Ides of March during Gaius's reign?
3. After the attempts on Claudius' life, how long does the civil war last?
4. In what year was Gaius born?
5. Who is Augustus's first wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of things did Gaius invent?
2. What does Augustus do when Caesar goes to fight Pompey's sons in Spain?
3. What changes does Caesar make to the calendar?
4. Why does Augustus create new governmental offices?
5. What does Gaius do for the people who were exiled?
6. What happens when Tiberius's son dies?
7. How does Gaius get the surname of Caligula?
8. What does Augustus say when the people and Senate agree to give him the title, " Father of the Country?"
9. What does Gaius do when he is short on cash?
10. What things does Tiberius neglect when he returns to Caprae from Campania?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of omens in the various Caesars' reigns? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the governing styles of Julius and Augustus. Which Caesar governed the Empire most effectively and why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why were so many of the Caesars murdered? Compare and contrast the deaths, causes of deaths, and reasons for the deaths, of at least three different Caesars. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)