|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Galba choose as an adopted son instead of Otho?
2. In what year is Otho born?
(a) 35 AD.
(b) 41 AD.
(c) 39 AD.
(d) 32 AD.
3. Until Nero's death, Galba never went anywhere without what?
(a) His sword.
(b) His books.
(c) An escort.
4. What line is extinct when Nero dies?
(a) The mentally-ill line.
(b) The Augustine line.
(c) The Caesar line.
(d) The Julian line.
5. How many large banquets per day does Vitellius have?
(a) Three or four.
(b) One or two.
(c) Five or six.
(d) Two or three.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Vitellius born?
2. Who is Vologaesus?
3. Vespasian starts a civil war after who is assassinated?
4. What was on the tree where the eagle took the entrails Galba was holding?
5. Vitellius is curator of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Vespasian have time for his friends?
2. What is the reaction of the Roman citizens to Nero's death?
3. How did Vespasian offend Nero?
4. What does Otho do to drunken wanderers?
5. When does Galba have his first public appointment?
6. Why does Otho commit suicide?
7. Why does the population have a good opinion of Vitellius?
8. What is Galba given for his military achievements in Africa.
9. How does Otho get to be Nero's confidant?
10. What is one of the games Nero plays at night when he makes the rounds of the taverns?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)