|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what pool is Galba murdered?
(a) The Curian pool.
(b) The Forum pool.
(c) The University pool.
(d) The Senatorial pool.
2. How many large banquets per day does Vitellius have?
(a) Two or three.
(b) Five or six.
(c) One or two.
(d) Three or four.
3. How long does Otho govern the place he is banished to?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Nine years.
4. What does the human hand symbolize to Vespasian?
(a) Great power.
(b) Great wisdom.
(c) Great knowledge.
(d) Great strength.
5. What was Galba's grandfather invoking when an eagle came to take the entrails he held?
(a) Sacrificial lightning.
(b) Sacrificial thunder.
(c) Sacrificial sun.
(d) Sacrificial rains.
6. What is Galba's other main characteristic?
7. Vespasian is part of what family?
(a) The Flavian family.
(b) The Brutian family.
(c) The Slavican family.
(d) The Tuscan family.
8. Nero expels what kind of actors from the city?
(a) Tragic actors.
(b) Professional actors.
(c) Comedic actors.
(d) Pantomime actors.
9. The soldiers who are with Otho when he kills himself end up doing what?
(a) Killing themselves.
(b) Running away.
(c) Starting a new government.
(d) Destroying the palace.
10. The soldiers who kiss Otho when he dies, say that Otho was the ________ man they had ever known.
(b) Most selfish.
(d) Most arrogant.
11. In what month is Otho born?
12. Galba had how many wives?
13. Who kills Galba?
(a) Some women.
(b) A mob.
(c) A soldier.
(d) His servants.
14. Why does Galba remain inactive during his governorship?
(a) So Nero cannot punish him.
(b) So Nero cannot take it away from him.
(c) So that he can study music.
(d) So that he doesn't have to do anything.
15. The soldiers present at his death kiss what part of Otho?
(a) His heart and head.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His hands and feet.
(d) His eyes and ears.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Vitellius says that the battalions in Rome have had a disgraceful lapse in discipline, what does he do to them?
2. Galba takes the governorship in what region?
3. Nero knows he cannot beat the Gauls and so he tears what?
4. The armies of what country do not acknowledge Otho as their leader?
5. The Senate declares Nero a public enemy and says they will execute him once what happens?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)