|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vitellius spends his childhood as one of Tiberius's what?
(a) Male servants.
(b) Male guards.
(c) Male teachers.
(d) Male prostitutes.
2. Vitellius was a knight and steward to whom?
3. The soldiers who are with Otho when he kills himself end up doing what?
(a) Destroying the palace.
(b) Killing themselves.
(c) Starting a new government.
(d) Running away.
4. On what day of the month is Otho born?
5. Vespasian dreams that his family will prosper after Nero loses what?
(a) His throne.
(b) A tooth.
(c) His life.
(d) A shoe.
6. Vespasian tours Greece with what Caesar?
7. The soldiers who kiss Otho when he dies, say that Otho was the ________ man they had ever known.
(a) Most selfish.
(d) Most arrogant.
8. Nero took Poppaea from her husband to be what?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mistress.
(d) His slave.
9. What does Nero have which makes it hard for him to perform?
(a) Bad stage fright.
(b) Bad habits.
(c) Bad instruments.
(d) Bad eyesight.
10. What year was Vitellius born?
(a) 11 AD.
(b) 12 AD.
(c) 13 AD.
(d) 14 AD.
11. When Nero has to sign execution orders, he says he wishes he had never learned how to do what?
12. Vitellius is Governor of what location?
13. What does Nero do to part of Rome when he is "disgusted with the drab old buildings?"
(a) Demolish it.
(b) Set fire to it.
(c) Fight a war game in it.
(d) Flood it.
14. How many times does Otho stab himself before he dies?
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
15. Vitellius is curator of what?
(a) Public Works.
(b) Public Libraries.
(c) Public Art.
(d) Public Museums.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the human hand symbolize to Vespasian?
2. What did Nero do to a boy named Sporus?
3. Where does Otho stab himself in order to commit suicide?
4. Who does Galba choose as an adopted son instead of Otho?
5. Why does Galba remain inactive during his governorship?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)