|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Nero commit suicide?
(a) His secretary.
(b) His wife.
(c) His bodyguard.
(d) His son.
2. The Senate declares Nero a public enemy and says they will execute him once what happens?
(a) Nero is caught.
(b) Nero is no longer Ceasar.
(c) Nero is poisoned.
(d) Nero is awake.
3. Nero expels what kind of actors from the city?
(a) Professional actors.
(b) Tragic actors.
(c) Pantomime actors.
(d) Comedic actors.
4. Galba had how many wives?
5. When Otho sends his troops to meet Vitellius' troops, where to they think they are going?
(a) To training grounds.
(b) On a ship.
(c) To peace talks.
(d) On vacation.
6. The soldiers who kiss Otho when he dies, say that Otho was the ________ man they had ever known.
(c) Most selfish.
(d) Most arrogant.
7. Lepida bears Galba how many sons?
8. Galba wins what types of awards for his military achievements in Africa?
(a) Memorial awards.
(b) Senatorial awards.
(c) Monetary awards.
(d) Triumphal awards.
9. Because he was a wild child, Otho was often what?
10. Why does Galba remain inactive during his governorship?
(a) So that he can study music.
(b) So Nero cannot punish him.
(c) So that he doesn't have to do anything.
(d) So Nero cannot take it away from him.
11. Until Nero's death, Galba never went anywhere without what?
(b) His books.
(c) An escort.
(d) His sword.
12. Galba is skilled in what practice?
13. When Nero tries to molest a senator's wife, what does the senator do to Nero?
(a) Rob him.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Sleep with his wife.
14. Who kills Galba?
(a) Some women.
(b) His servants.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A mob.
15. What is one of Galba's two main characteristics?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the human hand symbolize to Vespasian?
2. What does Nero do to part of Rome when he is "disgusted with the drab old buildings?"
3. Who leads the Gauls in their attack against Nero?
4. After an omen saying there will be a civil war, what brings a human hand to Vespasian?
5. Where does Nero banish Otho when Otho falls in love with his mistress?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)