|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tiberius retires from the public eye, he makes the young men and women dress up as what?
(a) Sprites and Elves.
(b) Satyrs and Angels.
(c) Pans and Nymphs.
(d) Gods and Goddesses.
2. On what day in September was Augustus born?
3. Where does Tiberius retire after his son dies?
(a) Coste del Mar.
4. What triumph was Caesar celebrating when Augustus got his military decorations?
(a) Germanic triumph.
(b) Africa triumph.
(c) Spanish triumph.
(d) Arabian triumph.
5. Who is Augustus's second wife?
6. Who is Mnester?
(a) A male slave.
(b) A male teacher.
(c) A male gladiator.
(d) A male comedian.
7. How old was Tiberius when he died?
8. Claudius brings cool springs into Rome that lead to where?
(a) Street level fountains.
(b) Elite baths.
(c) Ornamental reservoirs.
(d) The city's sewers.
9. When Tiberius' mother dies, what does he do?
(a) Design a statue.
(b) Throw her body in the ocean.
(c) Not attend her funeral.
(d) Throw a party.
10. What is struck by lightning on the Ides of March during Gaius's reign?
(a) The Capitol at Rome.
(b) The Capitol at Tuscany.
(c) The Capitol at Italia.
(d) The Capitol at Capua.
11. How much gold, per guard, does Claudius give when his guards pledge allegiance to him?
(a) 75 gold pieces.
(b) 50 gold pieces.
(c) 150 gold pieces.
(d) 100 gold pieces.
12. How did Gaius die?
(a) In the sea.
(b) On accident.
(c) In his sleep.
13. An aedileship is below what position?
14. In what year does Julius become a Praetor?
(a) 64 BC.
(b) 63 BC.
(c) 65 BC.
(d) 62 BC.
15. When someone is found guilty of a shocking crime, what or where does Claudius condemn them to?
(a) The sea.
(b) The war games.
(c) The mountain tops.
(d) The wild beasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who murders Pompey when he flees Rome?
2. How long does it take before Tiberius leaves Rome once he is the leader?
3. When bad weather causes a grain shortage, where does the mob pelt and curse Claudius?
4. The Temple of ______ Mars is one of Augustus's famous public works.
5. Who is Tiberius's first wife?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)