|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tried to make Julius divorce his wife, Cornelia?
(a) The Consul.
(b) The Dictator.
(c) The Emperor.
(d) The King.
2. How many years did Julius govern Gaul?
3. A group of ______ try to kill Claudius after the commoner fails.
4. Who adopts Augustus?
5. When someone is found guilty of a shocking crime, what or where does Claudius condemn them to?
(a) The sea.
(b) The wild beasts.
(c) The war games.
(d) The mountain tops.
6. Augustus sends Tiberius to pacify what area?
7. After the attempts on Claudius' life, how long does the civil war last?
(a) Five days.
(b) Five months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Five weeks.
8. What does Gaius go to fetch after giving a heartfelt speech at Tiberius' funeral?
(a) His family members' temple offerings.
(b) His family members' remains.
(c) His family members' belongings.
(d) His family members.
9. How much gold, per guard, does Claudius give when his guards pledge allegiance to him?
(a) 50 gold pieces.
(b) 75 gold pieces.
(c) 100 gold pieces.
(d) 150 gold pieces.
10. When the news reaches Rome that Tiberius has died, what happens in Rome?
(a) A lot of speeches.
(b) A great celebration.
(c) A week of mourning.
(d) A riot.
11. What word describes Augustus's fiscal behavior?
12. Who is Mnester?
(a) A male slave.
(b) A male comedian.
(c) A male gladiator.
(d) A male teacher.
13. How is Julius Caesar killed?
(c) In battle.
(d) By accident.
14. How many children does Claudius have by all his wives?
15. When Tiberius retires from the public eye, he makes the young men and women dress up as what?
(a) Satyrs and Angels.
(b) Pans and Nymphs.
(c) Sprites and Elves.
(d) Gods and Goddesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under Tiberius' reign, the Dacians and Sarmatians ravage what area?
2. Who does Augustus appoint to watch over the districts in the city?
3. Who does Julius marry his daughter to?
4. What type of illness might account for Gaius's overconfidence and severe insecurities?
5. When Tiberius returns to Caprae, he does not fill any vacancies in what?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)