|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who murders Pompey when he flees Rome?
(a) Emperor Ptolemy XIII.
(b) King Ptolemy XIII.
(c) Priest Ptolemy XIII.
(d) Counselor Ptolemy XIII.
2. How many civil wars does Augustus fight in his reign?
3. Which priesthood was Julius Caesar nominated to when his father died?
4. When bad weather causes a grain shortage, where does the mob pelt and curse Claudius?
(a) In the palace.
(b) In the baths.
(c) At the temples.
(d) At the Forum.
5. Who tried to make Julius divorce his wife, Cornelia?
(a) The Consul.
(b) The Emperor.
(c) The Dictator.
(d) The King.
6. Augustus believed that no women were allowed at ___________ games.
7. Gaius says that a "man must either be frugal or be ________."
8. When Tiberius' mother dies, what does he do?
(a) Throw her body in the ocean.
(b) Not attend her funeral.
(c) Throw a party.
(d) Design a statue.
9. Who was Claudius's father?
10. Who is Claudius' first wife?
11. Claudius brings cool springs into Rome that lead to where?
(a) The city's sewers.
(b) Ornamental reservoirs.
(c) Elite baths.
(d) Street level fountains.
12. Who is Augustus's first wife?
13. A group of ______ try to kill Claudius after the commoner fails.
14. After the attempts on Claudius' life, how long does the civil war last?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Five years.
(c) Five months.
(d) Five days.
15. Who does Tiberius expel to the far out regions of the empire?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gaius die?
2. In what year does Julius become a Praetor?
3. Tiberius makes all Egyptians and Jews burn what?
4. What is Gaius standing next to when Jupiter kicks him?
5. What medical condition does Julius Caesar suffer from?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)